Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #46  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Just a quick drop in, here! I went to WI today and lost 1.5 pounds and the .5 from last week, I feel much better about stuff and I'm not so frustrated. I pretty much cheated all weekend b/c I just needed to NOT think about what I was eating. I needed to NOT have everything revolve around MY food regimine! It was wonderful. And I was back on program on Monday and I lost anyway. I went in and pretty much told the girl exactly how my weekend was and told her how frustrated I was last week after my wi. And I told her, in the words of my hubby, that "my give a s**t was broken". But it's back on track and I just ate some fantabulous chicken nuggets. I mixed in dry ranch....mmmmmm....And I've discovered a machine at the gym that kicks my obliques butts!! I am so SORE and it's WONDERFUL!!!! sigh...I feel normal again!

Congrats on losses everyone!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #47  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow, haven't been on this forum in a few days and come back to such positive progress. Way to go everyone! You really keep me inspired.

At WI today, I was down 1 lb, so jumping off the scale early during my last WI to keep that .5 off the total didn't seem to hurt me.

I reached my first mini-goal with today's loss...10% of my starting weight is now off. I never made it that far the last two times I tried WW, just gave up before I got there.

And I want to share my NSV with all of you. Today was our scholarship reception where I had to give the welcome and hand out the awards. My board only meets quarterly, so several of the board members hadn't seen me since February. (I started MRC mid-March). Four of them came up to me afterwards to tell me how great I looked. My DH was there and even he said he could really see a difference when he looked at me from across the room. With all the goodies we had, I didn't touch a thing and even squeezed in an HNS at 4:30 p.m. to get me through until I got home. I am definitely committed to this!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #48  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

I haven't posted in a while, but there have been some amazing loses and NSV. Congratulations!

Not sure what is going on with me. I was doing great, until this week. I have lost 40 lbs before (twice) and I am getting close to that now, but for some reason I am letting myself slip backward. I seem to do this everytime I begin to make noticable progress.

I know I can't cheat because it just leads to more cheating and then eventually quitting. I know all this, and still I have had small cheats all week and a huge cheat yesterday. I ate a huge piece of coffee cake yesterday and I don't really know why I ate it!

Why do I do this to myself?? Why do I sabotage myself when I have been so good and stayed on plan? My clothes are loser, people are starting to notice....I should be motivated to keep going......but for some reason I just can't stay focused!

I was back OP today, but it was so hard and I wanted to cheat all day........
I am going to WI tomorrow and I dread it! I am going to talk to my counselor about why I am doing this to myself. Maybe she can help.

I am so depressed..........
Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #49  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
[B]
Now, I'm off to walk on the treadmill and watch American Idol... Gotta support our local celebrity (David Cook is from Blue Springs MO, just up the road a bit from me)
I'm not on the treadmill, but I'm sitting here voting for David Cook like crazy! LOL I'm afraid he & David A might split the "guy" vote tonight & I'm not sure who'll come out on top if that happens...
Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #50  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Sharon, from reading everyone's posts & my own personal experiences, it seems we all do this to ourselves. Not sure why either. Just know you aren't alone. Some days are easy, some weeks are hard. Hang in there hon! We're gonna do this one day at a time. I'm resolved to be back OP tomorrow - you with me?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #51  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'm not on the treadmill, but I'm sitting here voting for David Cook like crazy! LOL I'm afraid he & David A might split the "guy" vote tonight & I'm not sure who'll come out on top if that happens...

I really like him. I think it will come down to the two David's for sure. However, I honestly think the little David was better tonight. I use to be really confident that our David would win...not so sure anymore...
Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #52  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyberty View Post
Hello to all,
I also have a few questions to add to the ones above.
I am wanting to go in tomorrow for a consultation at MRC.
I know that they have meal replacements. Do theirs contain soy or soy products? I am sensitive to soy and need to be careful. Also is there a lot of art. sweetners in the food items they sell? I know that this is not like Jenny Craig, but do you purchase their food/meal products. I was reading some of the past post and they are talking about soup mixes from MRC. Is this a meal replacer?
Do you all cook for your families and then cook for yourselves, or can you cook for the whole family? We tend to cook with whole foods and little to no processed foods.
Also I was reading Donuts post today and he spoke on Green Tea, CortiTrim, and Sea Thin. Are these sold by MRC? and what are they?
What does life after MRC look like to those of you who have reached maintenance?

I have been on and off of WW for 3 years and I confess I am a WW failure for not being able to stop eating snacks hear and there and sabotaging everything! I will lose a few and then celebrate!...with food What draws me to MRC is the more one on one counseling. I know I am a big emotional eater and would love some help and insight into this area! But I also feel that for me this is a spiritual issue.... I guess I am pretty discouraged right now.
I know it will not come off all tomorrow but I would just like it to go down consistently and continue to go down! It is also hard to see the weight only go down by half pounds!
Have any of you out there who are on MRC dealt with emotional eating!
Sorry for all the questions, I want to know as much about this from people who have been on it before I go in. I just don't want to fail at another program!
Lyberty:
Welcome to the group! I'll bet there will be several people from this forum who will jump in with answers to your questions. I've found it very helpful.

I am a lifetime WW member, but haven't been at my goal weight since 1991. I've tried to rejoin at least 3 times, but found I would end up cheating on points. The last time I tried was when they had a "goof off" day where you could store your points...I'd eat OK for 6 days, then eat everything in sight on the 7th. I got lazy about the WIs, so would end up skipping a week, then paying for 2 weeks the next time. I've found this much easier and really like the ability to talk one-to-one with a counselor.

The inches lost are as impressive as the pounds that are gone. I have more energy, am sleeping better, have no more heartburn, and am down two sizes in less than 8 weeks. They also offer classes that can help with behavior modification, cooking, etc. These depend on your MRC Center.

I would guess that most of the MRC products contain either aspartame or sucralose, so you should probably discuss this with a counselor before you sign on the dotted line. I just checked the MRC HNS products that I have here to see if they contain soy and here's what I found: pink lemonade (sucralose but no soy), cranberry grape (aspartame and soy lecithin), strawberry/banana gelatin (aspartame), cappucino (aspartame and soy lecithin), chicken bouillon (fructose), and meal replacement bar - Chocolate Mint (sugar, corn syrup, soy fiber, soy lecithin).

You are required to purchase their HNS (high nutrient supplements) and to use 2-4 of them a day. The food used on program (OP) is what you would normally buy in the store. Once you get used to following the menu choices, it gets pretty easy.

Several of the posters to this list are either in stabilization or maintenance, so I hope they respond to your questions on that issue.

Good luck!

Gma to 4
Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #53  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hello to all,
I know that they have meal replacements. Do theirs contain soy or soy products? I am sensitive to soy and need to be careful. Also is there a lot of art. sweetners in the food items they sell? I know that this is not like Jenny Craig, but do you purchase their food/meal products. I was reading some of the past post and they are talking about soup mixes from MRC. Is this a meal replacer?
Do you all cook for your families and then cook for yourselves, or can you cook for the whole family? We tend to cook with whole foods and little to no processed foods.
Also I was reading Donuts post today and he spoke on Green Tea, CortiTrim, and Sea Thin. Are these sold by MRC? and what are they?
What does life after MRC look like to those of you who have reached maintenance?

I have been on and off of WW for 3 years and I confess I am a WW failure for not being able to stop eating snacks hear and there and sabotaging everything! I will lose a few and then celebrate!...with food What draws me to MRC is the more one on one counseling. I know I am a big emotional eater and would love some help and insight into this area! But I also feel that for me this is a spiritual issue.... I guess I am pretty discouraged right now.
I know it will not come off all tomorrow but I would just like it to go down consistently and continue to go down! It is also hard to see the weight only go down by half pounds!
Sorry for all the questions, I want to know as much about this from people who have been on it before I go in. I just don't want to fail at another program!
Hi lyberty, I'll see if I can answer a few of your questions. I don't keep my boxes, so I'm only guessing at the soy question. It's my understanding that these are whey protein supplements and some contain asparatane and some contain splenda. They are referred to as HNS (high nutritient supplements) and you have them 4 - 5 times per day depending on your weight. Those are the only things you are required to buy, everything else is whole foods that you cook yourself. Our center does have cooking classes. They do not want you to eat canned food. Fresh or frozen preferred. The soup is also a HNS. Some people prefer to cook with the HNS, but I prefer to drink mine as a "sweet treat". My family eats what I cook because I don't cook very often with the HNS.

I was a WW failure on and off over the past several years. I've been through the points and exchanges and just couldn't keep it under control. I didn't like the group settings as much as I like the one-on-one with MRC and I certainly didn't like how slow the weight came off. I also tried Atkins a few years back. Although I saw results quickly, it wasn't a way I wanted to eat for the rest of my life - especially with my health history. MRC has an emphasis on low fat proteins, fresh veggies, fresh fruit and limited bread exchanges. Our center has a ton of classes on emotional eating, cooking and exercise. They are trying to treat the entire problem, not just food. And, my Doctor loves the program!! I saw immediate results with my blood sugar levels and all of my blood work is in normal levels now. I've been with MRC since August 31, 2007. I haven't been perfect, 3 cruises and a couple business trips, but I'm very happy with my progress. Plus, I know I can eat like this for the rest of my life.

Hope that helps. BTW, what part of the pacific northwest are you from? I didn't think they had any MRC's up there. My Aunt lives in Monroe, Washington and really wants to join!

Last edited by ShineOn; 05-13-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #54  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hello to all,

Welcome Lyberty. I didn't know anything about MRC until I accidentally came across this board and just started reading post after post, by the time I was done I knew a ton. This board is what convinced me to go to MRC. So I encourage you to go read the back posts, I doubt there is a question that you will not find an answer to in the previous posts. I think I started reading around "Take 9". It may take a little time but well worth the read.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #55  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post

Way to go on that 1 more lb and awesome NSV. Come back to us! We've missed you.
Wow, haven't been on this forum in a few days and come back to such positive progress. Way to go everyone! You really keep me inspired.

At WI today, I was down 1 lb, so jumping off the scale early during my last WI to keep that .5 off the total didn't seem to hurt me.

Woo hoo for that 10%. I have a 10% keychain from WW but that's as far as I ever got. I never lost more than 20 lbs. Last time I started at 182 I think and I lost 18-20 and that was it. UGH!

I reached my first mini-goal with today's loss...10% of my starting weight is now off. I never made it that far the last two times I tried WW, just gave up before I got there.
YAY for that 1.5 lbs lost! I totally understand the give a sh*t being gone! UGH. I really HATE revolving everything around my eating, but we know it must be done (MOST of the time) in order to be successful on this journey. I'm glad it didn't affect your WI, though! And I'm glad you enjoyed it! I usually enjoy my binging too, except when I eat WAY TOO MUCH and then I just feel sick (AS I SHOULD!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Just a quick drop in, here! I went to WI today and lost 1.5 pounds and the .5 from last week, I feel much better about stuff and I'm not so frustrated. I pretty much cheated all weekend b/c I just needed to NOT think about what I was eating. I needed to NOT have everything revolve around MY food regimine! It was wonderful. And I was back on program on Monday and I lost anyway. I went in and pretty much told the girl exactly how my weekend was and told her how frustrated I was last week after my wi. And I told her, in the words of my hubby, that "my give a s**t was broken". But it's back on track and I just ate some fantabulous chicken nuggets. I mixed in dry ranch....mmmmmm....And I've discovered a machine at the gym that kicks my obliques butts!! I am so SORE and it's WONDERFUL!!!! sigh...I feel normal again!

Get back in here REDGIRL! Sorry you withdrew from us a bit but come back in and let us all shower you wish hugs and good wishes! You are doing awesome! 19 pounds is a LOT of weight to lose. You're half way there! Keep up the good work and don't stop posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't posted much lately, but I have been "lurking". Congrats to all the losers this week.
I can really relate to the post about dysfunctional childhoods/families and to depression. I have delt with it all...I am just not able to discuss it here. It amazes me to find out that we all have similar experiences! Thank you for sharing your stories ladies. I think the talk of it all made me withdrawl a bit.
I can definitely say that the "battle of the buldge" that I am dealing with definitely reflects my "scars" from childhood. I am finding it difficult to stay motivated these days...I WI today for 1 lb loss. I have lost 19 of the 40 that I want to lose! Even though I haven't posted much lately, I really rely on this site to pull me through.

thanks Donuts for the ideas on supplements. I am thinking of trying the Seathin. Hope everyone has a great week and stays OP!

Bommer1..Congrats on 1.8 more lbs gone! WOOHOO!!! Tell them you want to sign that dam* board! That's what I did last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Hi guys. WI yesterday and was down 1.8 for a total of 10.2. (Sheldon, you were right). They didn't mention the 10 lb board though. The person who did my wi was not someone I had seen before, so maybe she forgot?

Feeling very good and staying OP this week. I can really tell that my clothes are getting baggy on me. A few items have already been put into the donation bag. I also cleaned my closet out this past weekend and found a lot of things that I should be able to wear after another 10 lbs. I love finding clothes I forgot I own.

I'm going to try and get some of the Sea Thin this week.
Congrats to you on that 2 pounds gone! I'll be going tomorrow, so I'll LYK ASAP how I do so we can hold each other accountable! How was your walk??? UGH. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. You know though, my biggest losses have come when I WASN'T working out. I know I NEED to, but that's strange to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
It's a deal!!! I was down 2 at WI today!! Since the ticker doesn't reflect 1/2's I'm actually at 174.5, so I still need another 1.5 to get the board.

We CAN do it Rocki! Hang in there with me!!!

Now, I'm off to walk on the treadmill and watch American Idol... Gotta support our local celebrity (David Cook is from Blue Springs MO, just up the road a bit from me)

Lyberty..Join, it will be great. Unfortunately I don't have answers to all your questions. I don't think the replacements have soy, but honestly I don't know. You can look @ mydietshopz dot com and compare the bars there (mint chocolate chip, cereal bars, caramel nut) they're the same as MRCs. You don't HAVE to do replacements, they're just an option. They give you strict menus to follow but you buy your own food (unless you WANT to use replacements). You're only supposed to do the replacements up to 3 times per week and only breakfast and lunch. The soup mix is a supplement, not a replacement (I'm pretty sure on that) and you HAVE to take 2 supplements a day and you CAN take up to 4. The supplements are protein drinks, puddings, soup mixes, etc. I need to get my soup mixes out b/c I forgot I had them. That would be good to have during lunch. Anyway...You have a menu, you take the supplements (drinks) and then they try to sell you a BUNCH of vitamins and herbs. Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of their stuff is great, but you don't HAVE to buy it and you don't HAVE to get it from them. Read through some of the threads and you'll see what many of the vitamins and herbs are for and other sources to buy them from.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. It's great that you're already eating whole foods and staying away from processed as that is something you'll need to do on this diet. I cook for myself sometimes but also cook the same foods for my husband and daughters. It just depends on what I'm having. My husband might add a starch or snack to his meal but still eat the same meat and veggies.

Quote:
Hello to all,

Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post

Glad your back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post

And I want to share my NSV with all of you. Today was our scholarship reception where I had to give the welcome and hand out the awards. My board only meets quarterly, so several of the board members hadn't seen me since February. (I started MRC mid-March). Four of them came up to me afterwards to tell me how great I looked. My DH was there and even he said he could really see a difference when he looked at me from across the room. With all the goodies we had, I didn't touch a thing and even squeezed in an HNS at 4:30 p.m. to get me through until I got home. I am definitely committed to this!
Hey way to go!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #57  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hello to all,

They don't really encourage using their "meal replacements" all that often. They have shakes & bars, I think because people like the convenience of them, but they're to be used rarely. They emphasize fresh or frozen fruits & veggies - whole foods - the less processed the better. The soups are actually protein supplements, you can cook with them. I don't have many MRC products left but most of them are high protein type suupplements & they usually have whey protein (not soy).

Maintenance on MRC looks a lot like the weight loss phase with some added food choices. (I know that doesn't mean a lot to you now.) They definitely give you the tools to maintain your weight loss. Of course whether you actually choose to use those tools is up to you. Like any other weight loss program, if you go back to eating the way you did, you'll go back to weighing what you did.

Most centers have classes, many address emotional eating. There's also a book called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" that lots of the centers use for some of their classes. It tackles emotional eating, stress eating, etc.

MRC works. It isn't inexpensive. It isn't always easy. But it does work if you stick with it. If you need structure & accountability, this could be a great program for you.

Last edited by Meemo; 05-13-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #58  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, but there have been some amazing loses and NSV. Congratulations!

Not sure what is going on with me. I was doing great, until this week. I have lost 40 lbs before (twice) and I am getting close to that now, but for some reason I am letting myself slip backward. I seem to do this everytime I begin to make noticable progress.

I know I can't cheat because it just leads to more cheating and then eventually quitting. I know all this, and still I have had small cheats all week and a huge cheat yesterday. I ate a huge piece of coffee cake yesterday and I don't really know why I ate it!

Why do I do this to myself?? Why do I sabotage myself when I have been so good and stayed on plan? My clothes are loser, people are starting to notice....I should be motivated to keep going......but for some reason I just can't stay focused!

I am going to WI tomorrow and I dread it! I am going to talk to my counselor about why I am doing this to myself. Maybe she can help.

Definately spend some time talking to a counselor at wi tomorrow. Does your center have the behavior modification classes? I know I hit this wall at the same weight as you are. I think it's because - at 40lbs, people really start to notice. Your body starts changing, you can't hold onto the old clothes because they are starting to fall off. My issue is I felt like I was losing myself. I talked it all out at the center, went home and purged all the clothes that didn't fit and let go of the past me. The weight started coming off and I didn't hit another wall for about another 35 lbs Hang in there and allow yourself to succeed. You are so worth it!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #59  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Default Personal Update

They called from MRC today and said they're having a 3 week challenge and a little meeting about it tomorrow @ 10am. While I was planning on going, I just totally forgot I have a funeral to go to. UGH!

Anyway. I guess I won't make it to that. I'll have to call them and tell them I'm interested and to put packet together for me and I'll just get it on Thursday (when I had PLANNED to WI anyway).

That's all. I'll let you guys know what they say it is. They just said it was a challenge to see how much could be lost in 3 weeks (not just for me, but for whoever wants to try the challenge). Maybe this will get me started on exercising again!

I'm doing great on my Meta Quik diet. Yesterday was a bar for breakfast, HNS and then a shake and HNS for lunch. Chicken, cucumber and 1 pc bread for dinner. Today I had bar and HNS for breakfast, shake and HNS for lunch (had a creamy today) and then a Subway chicken wrap for dinner. I think I ate too much of the wrap, but I did exercise a bit today so I **HOPE** that will help counter the calories in the wrap! I'm getting my water in and my pills (when I remember). Hopefully I'll see some more pounds gone next time I WI!

Have a great HUMP DAY everyon! :0
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post

Generally when I lose about 30 lbs or so I start to feel better about myself because I really start to notice a difference. When I start feeling better about myself my mind starts playing with me and I tell myself well I look better than I have in a long time so it wont hurt to have a little of this or that. I have worked so hard and I deserve it. Well I have to thump that little devil right off my shoulder and it sounds like you do too. Yes we have worked hard and we do deserve the compliments but we dont "require" something in our mouths to make us feel good. After a few days the sugar cravings slow way down. You dont have to eat EXACTLY this way forever and it wont be this hard hard forever. Water and exercise help with depression so maybe increase both. I am the ANTI-EXERCISE QUEEN. I hate it that much (wish we could all be Jewelieks ) but I still do it because I know it helps me not feel so depressed so I just do it anyway. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-13-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Closed Thread