Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #136  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Nickie..Thanks for posting. I'm getting ready to leave work and want to go to the outlet mall but I have no one to go with me. UGH! Dh is gone and I have to take the baby by myself so I probably won't go (it's a 40 minute drive and I can handle her screaming and throwing her cup down for that long). If I had someone to ride with me it wouldn't be so bad. I even asked my BIL if he wanted to go and he just went home! UGH! MEN! I was even gonna buy him dinner. I guess I'm getting kind of lonely sitting at home all week with just a 1 year old! I'm also getting very HUNGRY! UGH UGH!

Nickie..Is there absolutely NO ONE ELSE to take care of your step-mom? That is horrible that you have to do it when she was so horrible to you. I know you feel obligated and would feel bad if you DIDN'T do it, but still, it just sucks! It's not your fault she's in such bad shape. I hope all goes well for Joby (how did you pick his name, by the way?). He sounds like a great boy, but it must be difficult with the ADHD and conferences and all. Is he autistic at all or just ADHD? What are you other children's names?

Jewelie..Maybe that 5 the 2nd week was from the MQ? I'm grasping here b/c I'm gonna be so ticked if I do this all week and GAIN weight! Oh, well. I have to lose 2.62 to be @ goal by 6/24. I know I can do that, but what if I want to lose more? Will I still be allowed to lose after goal??

There is no one else to take care of her. My dad is over 400 lbs so he is not much help, they have slept in seperate bedrooms for about 15 years now so she wont let him help with bathing or dressing etc. Her sister doesnt live here, her mom helps as much as she can but she is like 80 or so, she cant do much because stepmom is so big.

No he is not Autistic just adhd, just extremley bright and extremley busy. He doesnt have any mental problems at all except adhd. I came up with his name when I was 13, I heard it on TV and loved the way it sounded and his middle name is Dane after my dad. My oldest daughter is Ericka Dawn, she was named after my sister (the one im not speaking to) she is also in gifted and talented classes, very bright. My youngest is Shayna K'Lynn, she is named after my brother Shane. So far no gifted and talented for her but thats ok, she is in 2nd grade and would much rather play than do school work. As long as she passes ok I wont put any pressure on her to be like her sister, my parents did that to me and I hated it.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-15-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #137  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I was down 1.5 today so got to sign the 50 lb board The only disappointment is I am .5 from moving to the next menu. I had hoped they would let me today but apparently not. I'm struggling with 6oz of protein & I'm tempted to drop to 4oz anyway.

oreoparent It's good to see you back & I'm so glad to hear that you were able to close on your mom's house.

rocki I LOVE your new avatar--your face is so thin!

jeweliek thanks for adding the new threads--I'll go take a look at them.
Yeah for you on the 50# board - what an accomplishment!!

As for dropping to the next menu - they dropped me when I hit 205, so I'm sure you'll do fine if the protein oz. is bugging you. There are a few other changes but the drop in protein amounts is the biggest.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #138  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Yeah for you on the 50# board - what an accomplishment!!

As for dropping to the next menu - they dropped me when I hit 205, so I'm sure you'll do fine if the protein oz. is bugging you. There are a few other changes but the drop in protein amounts is the biggest.
What other changes did you have when going from beige to green? I only lost the protein snack in the afternoon, and went from 6 oz to 4 oz of protein for each meal. Other than that all was the same? I went to the green at 205 also.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #139  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

3mm...you are a better person than me, I wouldn't be able to take care of someone that did the type of abuse to me that she did to you. I would have told her long ago, to shove it where the sun don't shine. IMO God is definately giving you strength to perservere and be a better person!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! I have been a lurker lately. Been kind of busy with work and traveling for work. I WI today for a 2lb loss. Was very surprised. I did not think that I had lost anything using my home scale. But that was 2 lbs in 10 days, so tomorrow I am going to start metaquick. Will see how that goes. I had a NSV last night. I play on a coed softball team at work and we play a double header every Wed. I played our 2 games and then got recruited to play for a girls team that was short on players. So I played that too. Lots of running. Before MRC I would have been way too winded to play and run that much. I felt great playing. Today I am really sore.

BTW - my 2 lbs today took me to 20.5 and I signed the board.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 167.5/161/125

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Finz & WorkingARmom!

I was so excited to start my green menu today but what do you know I didn't have time to make my lunch for work so what do I have??? go to the grocery store and buy salad fixings with turkey - the same thing I have been having every day! oh well at least I bought strawberries too -that is a treat for me because I love berries and have not had any since I started the program.

So does anyone here eat oatmeal in the morning?? I noticed it on the green menu - I use to eat it all the time the old fashioned type in the big conainer that you can cook in 1 minute - but of course I always added raisens and milk - but not now....any suggestions on what to put in it now? I can't eat it just plain.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #142  

Quote:
I don't think any of us have bread, potatoes and rice on our diet (maintenance maybe and maybe even pre-conditioning).

Breakfast for most is 2 oz cheese, 1 pc bread or melba, or 1 oz chs, 1 egg, melba or 4 oz cottage cheese and melba (or 40 cal bread, 1/4 cup oatmeal..)

Lunch is 4 oz protein, 4 oz cooked or 8oz raw veggies & fruit (1/4 to 1/2 cup depending on what fruit it is).

Dinner is same as lunch except starch instead of fruit.

You have to have 2-4 protein drinks a day as well. You can buy protein powder to make your own and they sell that everywhere now I think.

Good luck and pm or post any questions you may have. This is a great group and an awesome diet plan. Most of us have changed our lives with MRC.
Hi Rocki and thank you so much for your reply to my cry for help!

It doesn't sound like our food plans match..I don't know why there would be such a difference. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my body wouldn't respond to as many carbs as seem to be listed in Column B of this Meal Selector anyway. I have pretty much messed up my metabolism by lossing & gaining over the years.

So, I may have to bite the bullet and travel the 45 mints. to the nearest center to me. ACK!

Do you know how much their cheapest program runs? I can't see spending a lot of mulah until I know this will work for me.

Thanks again and God Bless.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #143  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Biking

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Quick update... I was down another 1 lb since Monday and am now only 1.5 away from that stinking 40 lb board. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I can get there by Saturday.

Did I mention I am looking at getting a really good bike? I went bike shopping yesterday and found two that I like quite a bit. One is $330 and the other is $399. EEK! I am only considering spending that much because I really want to get a good one. I went to an actually bicycle store and spoke with the guy for quite a while. Also, since this government check is technically "free" money, I am using that so I can feel less guilty about it.

Ok, back to work. I will catch up on personals tonight!
Angierue: It's good that you are going to a bike shop instead of a store that sells other things as they are more experienced in "fitting" bikes. Next time you go back to the shop ask to test drive the two finalists. That will help you decide between them. Just because one is more expensive doesn't mean it's any better. Go prepared ready to ride (wear the clothes you are planning to ride in and the shoes/sneakers, and of course bring your helmet). That way you can decide which one feels right. They may have to adjust seat height, handlebars, etc. for you. Don't be bashful if something doesn't feel right or you don't know how to work it (eg: shifting) ask them to show you. The best bike for you will be one that fits and you will use. Start out small and regular and gradually build up. Usually bike shops give you at least one "tune up" after about 30 days. Also, some shops give you a discount on other stuff you buy at the same time (eg: water bottle holders, and water bottles). Ask about their warranty and policy. I think biking is the best sport. I have bad knees and cannot run.

Sunday DH and I are going on an organized ride from a bike club in Topeka. Those are so fun. They give you maps and have the route marked as well. There are different distances for different abilities everything from a 6 mile fun ride to a 106 mile ride that has one giant climb called "puke hill". Good luck.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #144  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Veins

orignially posted by MsGigi: I broke a foot years ago, was in a non walking cast for months! Carrying around the excess weight, veins broke in my leg (in addition to quite a few vericose veins), bottom line - my husband said he would like to see me in a pair of shorts as I would like to be. This is one of my goals, but I did tell my husband, I would like to get my legs taken care of first and he just says "if thats what it takes, then that is what we will do"!

I had spider veins and vericose veins operated on twice. Well, I really shouldn't say operated I should say treated. It's called sclerotherapy. The doctor injects a solution into the vein that causes it to cut off the blood supply and the color returns to normal. No more blue/red/purple roadmap type things in your legs. You can go for a consultation and at that time they tell you how much to treat your problem. Insurance doesn't cover it with few exceptions. And, it doesn't last forever. But, it' looks so much better in the summer with shorts and sandles. I went to a place called Vein Clinics of America. http://www.veinclinics.com/index.htm...=604&WT.srch=1 But there may be other places if they don't have an office near you. I don't think you can phone it in like MRC (LOL)
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #145  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone just thought id check in , i was in a meeting all day so i need to catch up on all the post but i was wanting some suggestions today is my anniversary and i am gonna stay on plan, but i am so used to going to dinner what else would be nice to do?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #146  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I was thinking the same thing. NO one is around and I really wanted the chattiness today!

I didn't really get a big loss with Metaquick. I gained 2 lbs in the 7 days I was on it. The next week I lost 5 and then started losing at my normal rate of 3 a week. I don't think it really helped me at all. I followed it to a T too!
If you lost 5 the week after metaquick that might be what has been mentioned about seeing the effects after you're done with it. Of course it averaged out to 3 a week, but if you'd been on a plateau before that, it might've been a shake-up that your system needed. I'm not particularly a fan of the idea, just because it's SO low in calories. Maybe it just makes us appreciate the food we're usually allowed
Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #147  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!

They started me on the under 200 cal one almost right away. Right after I hit 210 they gave it to me and had me do 5 oz until I hit 200 then 4 oz. You may want to try 5 oz if you are going to tinker with it.
I was just about to say the same thing - go with 4-5 oz until they give you the "green light" for 4 oz. No sense in forcing yourself to eat 6 oz of protein.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #148  
Em

[QUOTE=Finz;2202897]I was down 1.5 today so got to sign the 50 lb board The only disappointment is I am .5 from moving to the next menu. I had hoped they would let me today but apparently not. I'm struggling with 6oz of protein & I'm tempted to drop to 4oz anyway.

Congrats on that big board!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #149  
Em

Quote:

Jewelie..Maybe that 5 the 2nd week was from the MQ? I'm grasping here b/c I'm gonna be so ticked if I do this all week and GAIN weight! Oh, well. I have to lose 2.62 to be @ goal by 6/24. I know I can do that, but what if I want to lose more? Will I still be allowed to lose after goal??
You bet - you can change your goal. I did that - was ready to start stabilization but couldn't because I was out of town for that meeting - we changed my goal to lose about 5 more lbs (can't remember exactly). And you'll lose more during stabilization anyway - they say it averages about 5-7 lbs.

Last edited by Meemo; 05-15-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #150  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

3mm You are a SAINT to take care of your step-monster like that. I would totally tell her to hire a nurse. I had a very bizarre childhood too. I was adopted by my dad's parents when I was 7, but had lived with them since I was an infant. My mom was a herion addict and left me out on the balcony of her apartment for a whole day when my dad and his mom came over to get me for visitation. Thank God I don't remember a thing,but I guess it was awful. I only ever knew my grandparents as my parents and didn't even know I was adopted until I was 20 years old.
Also, on the Western Bagel topic-I tried the wheat flavor and love them, thanks for the tip. I add cinnamon to them for a treat, but haven't tried any other flavors yet.
jewelie you are the excercise goddess! I wish I could do as much as you. I broke my foot badly about a year ago-shattered the bone from your heel to little toe-so I can't do the running or walking too much or it still hurts. I do a lot of lifting which is better than nothing, but the bike and the only 20 minutes on the elypticle (sp) gets boring.

An NSV for today...My size 6 GAP pants are too baggy in the butt! They are way stretched out from me trying to wear them when I was a 10, but I don't care-THEY"RE TOO BIG
Closed Thread