Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 AM   #16  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Lost 2 lbs since Friday and got to sign the 20# board today. Thanks Donuts for the Sea Thin idea, I think it really worked. I haven't lost this much in this short a time since the beginning. I know that the scale is just a number but even so I am happy. Spoke to another counselor today and she explained stabilization for me better than just handing me a couple of sheets.
You're Welcome You are doing GREAT!
Congratulations on your 2 lb loss. I know it hasn't been easy the closer you get to goal. BTW, I think it was you that asked if it's OK to use Sea Thin and Cortitrim at the same time. It is OK. I've used both for several months.

If I had to choose the top three weight loss pills that made the biggest impact on my weight loss success, it would be:
1) Green Tea
2) CortiTrim
3) Sea Thin

I tried Relacore, which is similar to Cortitrim, with little or no results. I now use 21st Century Health Care's Cortisol Support from iherb, but now they no longer carry it. You can now get it from amazon. Just remember, we are all different. That's why we have so many different kinds of prescription drugs. What may work for one person may not work for another. If you don't notice a difference in your weight loss after using something for at least 2 months, I wouldn't keep taking it. Some people are having fantastic results without taking anything extra.

What's great about Sea Thin is that it's a Non-stimulating (no gitters) thermogenic, and it has been clinically researched. Most importantly, it's safe and effective.

If you can afford only one weight loss herb, go for the Green Tea. I took a high potency capsule that contained 725 mg of Green Tea three times a day with each meal. Green Tea has a lot of scientific research to back the claims of it's benefits with weight loss.

The biggest warning I would caution you about, is that some herbals affect your blood. So if you are taking blood thinners, check first with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking them. Also check to make sure your weight loss pills don't interact with any of your prescription medications.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 05-13-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #17  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Meemo, Glad to see you back! This place isn't the same without you.

Gigi, Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! You do look thinner in the face. Great avatar pic!

Well, I WI Monday after finishing my 3rd week of stabilization. After the last 2 weeks of great WI's, this time I gained a pound. Don't feel sorry for me though, because I lost 10 more inches since my last measurement 3 weeks ago! That makes a grand total of 139 inches.
Like I've said before, I'll always take inches over what the scale says.

For my forth week of stabilization, I get to add sweet and starchy veggies like carrots and corn twice a week. I can't believe how much I'm eating now compared to pre-stabilization. I have been able to burn a few extra calories by riding my bike to work. It is over an 18 mile round trip. With the way gas prices are rising, I'm saving money and getting in my cardio/aerobic workout.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 05-13-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #18  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Meemo, Glad to see you back! This place isn't the same without you.

Gigi, Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! You do look thinner in the face. Great avatar pic!

Well, I WI Monday after finishing my 3rd week of stabilization. After the last 2 weeks of great WI's, this time I gained a pound. Don't feel sorry for me though, because I lost 10 more inches since my last measurement 3 weeks ago! That makes a grand total of 139 inches.
Like I've said before, I'll always take inches over what the scale says.

For my forth week of stabilization, I get to add sweet and starchy veggies like carrots and corn twice a week. I can't believe how much I'm eating now compared to pre-stabilization. I have been able to burn a few extra calories by riding my bike to work. It is over an 18 mile round trip. With the way gas prices are rising, I'm saving money and getting in my cardio/aerobic workout.
DONUTS: You always shar such great advice/suggestons! Thank you for you comments! WOW 18 mile ride! That is amazing, my hubby would have me committed! LOL
Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Jewelie: I almost forgot, thank you for the flowers! I actually have a little story to share! My DH, he is not a sentimental/romantic one either! He did do something that was soo sweet (caught me by surprise)! He found an old photo of him and my son together and made me up a Mother's Day Card and sent via email with the sweetest paragraph I have read in quite some time!
That is awesome. Every once in a while they surprise us!

Quote:
.....a few extra cals with an 18 mile ride. LOL! Good job!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #20  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Donuts - thank you so much for sharing about your stabilization journey. It's really helping me push through to goal! I never thought I'd get to eat carrots & corn again that's really exciting! My daughter is home from college now. Yesterday was her first day back to work and our new house is closer to her job, so she decided she was going to ride her bike. She figures she'll get a good work out, get a tan and save gas - can't lose! She was pretty tired yesterday! She realized that her slacking off on work outs her last semester caught up to her. Seeing me smaller than her really freaked her out! She's struggled her whole life to stay thin (lost about 40lbs in 10th grade and has kept it off). She's trying really hard to be supportive of me, but I'm not allowed to mention my actual weight or my size of clothing. We had a good talk on the ride home from college and she discussed what her triggers are on how she fights with body image problems. I told her I've worked very hard to get where I am and I still have a long fight ahead of me - I'm not going to contain my excitement and only she can work on her own issues, but realizing she has an issue is a healthy step. I can definately live with our ground rules. Besides, it helps me keep the focus off the scale and more on the healthy changes in my life! Speaking of scale - time to go wi! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #21  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the advice on the pills donuts,where can i find these three products?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #22  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I am so excited....
I had a goal for myself that when I hit 100 pounds gone forever, that I would have a Glamour Shots photography session booked. I want to look and feel super sexy in the photos. This is a big deal for me, as I have always hated my photos. It will be fun to have my makeup and hair done also, kind of like an all out pampering. I am going to go get my nails done, and have a pedicure on Friday, and then on Saturday I go for my Glamour Shots. Needless to say, hubby has agreed on a no budget clothes shopping for the photo session. I need 2 new awesome outfits, so I am going tomorrow to shop til I drop LOL. I will post my final pic whenever I have it, so you all can see my final results.
I have only 4.5 pounds to go before I hit 100 gone, by Saturday I should almost be there, so I think it is fine to go ahead with the photo shoot 1/2 pound and I get to wave goodbye to the 180's
MRC also wants me to write up my testimonial, and they are getting ready to do my 100 pounds lost recognition award at our center. They want to submit me for the main website. How exciting! I feel like I am in a whirlwind right now.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Darren, 18 miles on bike is no joke!! Great job!!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 05-13-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #23  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

I haven't posted much lately and I know I've missed a lot of great losses. I'm sorry about being such a slacker. I've been in a bit of a personal funk the last week or so (boss even commented today that I've not been myself). I have been reading and celebrating with you all, just not posting.

The only bright spot is that I've managed to stay on plan. I even tested positive on the ketostix yesterday so that was a plus. I think since Vegas, I've only managed to do that a couple of times.

I was down 2 more pounds from last week and only 2.5 from signing that 40 lb board. I am working hard to try and make that by Saturday. Actually, I want to get down 3.5 by Saturday so I can finally kiss the 300's good-bye.

I just broke down and had a regular caffeinated coffee though. First one in weeks but my butt was dragging and I could barely keep my eyes open at my desk. I've been out of my ADWL so I haven't been taking anything other than the MRC6 and a multi. I'm even out of flax. Thankfully payday is Thursday so I can restock everything! Plus I think I want to pick up some of that Seathin. I looked at the local health food store but didn't see it there so I guess I will be making a trip to GNC in the mall.

*sigh* Back to work I guess. I will try and update my blog and get caught up with you all tonight. Hope you each have a wonderful day and good luck to anyone weighing in today.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #24  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
If I had to choose the top three weight loss pills that made the biggest impact on my weight loss success, it would be:
1) Green Tea
2) CortiTrim
3) Sea Thin

I tried Relacore, which is similar to Cortitrim, with little or no results. I now use 21st Century Health Care's Cortisol Support from iherb, but now they no longer carry it. You can now get it from amazon. Just remember, we are all different. That's why we have so many different kinds of prescription drugs. What may work for one person may not work for another. If you don't notice a difference in your weight loss after using something for at least 2 months, I wouldn't keep taking it. Some people are having fantastic results without taking anything extra.

What's great about Sea Thin is that it's a Non-stimulating (no gitters) thermogenic, and it has been clinically researched. Most importantly, it's safe and effective.

If you can afford only one weight loss herb, go for the Green Tea. I took a high potency capsule that contained 725 mg of Green Tea three times a day with each meal. Green Tea has a lot of scientific research to back the claims of it's benefits with weight loss.

The biggest warning I would caution you about, is that some herbals affect your blood. So if you are taking blood thinners, check first with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking them. Also check to make sure your weight loss pills don't interact with any of your prescription medications.
Thanks for the information. The only rx I take regularly is Synthroid .15 mcg which I do not beleive affects the blood. I have been taking that for over 25 years. BTW I got an earlier appointment to see the endocrinologist (tomorrow instead of June 25th) and I'm really looking forward to finding out the cause and preventing more hair loss. Will also ask her about supplements and, if they interact with the Synthroid. I read that Synthroid only replaces one of the thyroid's two harmones and that there are others that replace both or just the other one that Synthroid does not contain. My center told me that I could not take a couple of MRC's products due to thyroid problems.

Congratulations on being able to bike to work. I know what a committment that would be especially in inclement weather. My husband and I are avid road cyclists. He has never ridden to work and soon will be retiring (June 20th is his last day). Then he can bike for a living LOL.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #25  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Send me some good vibes please. I gotta get out of these 170's this week...to hit my personal goal. I weighed on my home scale and was at 175. It's usually about 2 lbs heavier than MRC's. So...maybe I had a 3 lb. loss! Here's to hoping so. If I do have a loss like that - I made the 20 lb. board!!!!

A little NSV this a.m. - I put on some shorts. Shorts from several years ago! Button fly size 12, no problem!!!! Not tight anywhere! Yay!

I've pretty much quit all supplements except the flax & B6. I ran out & just can't afford to keep replacing them. Occassionally I throw in an enhanser or Apple Cider Vinegar to mix my body up a bit. I know they aren't going to like this - they ask me everytime to add a new supplement. One girl says Hoodia, another says Cortitrim... But, I think I may try the Sea Thin & Green Tea capsuls Donuts mentioned just to keep my body guessing. Besides they are both less than the 6 week supply of Coritrim for $75 that was recommended to me! Jeepers! Just can't do that kinda spending right now - gotta have gas & that's what I spent yesterday to fill up my Expedition!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 05-13-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5"6

"Where do you get the MSM? I just bought some at MRC today and it was only $20 so I didn't think it was to pricey. Do you notice a difference with that one? They told me it's for the skin.???"

I order some of my stuff from myvitanet.com and I get the rest at walmart. I can't remember which one I got the MSM from but I don't think it was $20, but it also depends on how many tablets you got for that price. I can't say really if its helped because I've been taking it the whole time. My skin isn't sagging
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5"6

MrsPhibesDo you remember which ones you arent suppose to take. I also have take thyroid medication and I wasnt told anything I couldnt take.

blueyedangel Sending you good V~i~B~e~S. Good luck with that 20 pound board!

I too am sorry that so many of you suffered such a horrible childhood. I was blessed with wonderful parents, not perfect, but wonderful all the same. I am a pediatric nurse and when I first started working I was very surprised and dismayed at how poorly some children are treated and the lack of attention and love they receive. Abuse comes in many forms and I hope and pray that all of you can overcome the damage done to you by the "adults" you had in your life's.

Good luck to everyone on weigh-ins and choosing the right foods to put in
our mouths!!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #28  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I am so excited....
I had a goal for myself that when I hit 100 pounds gone forever, that I would have a Glamour Shots photography session booked. I want to look and feel super sexy in the photos. This is a big deal for me, as I have always hated my photos. It will be fun to have my makeup and hair done also, kind of like an all out pampering. I am going to go get my nails done, and have a pedicure on Friday, and then on Saturday I go for my Glamour Shots. Needless to say, hubby has agreed on a no budget clothes shopping for the photo session. I need 2 new awesome outfits, so I am going tomorrow to shop til I drop LOL. I will post my final pic whenever I have it, so you all can see my final results.
I have only 4.5 pounds to go before I hit 100 gone, by Saturday I should almost be there, so I think it is fine to go ahead with the photo shoot 1/2 pound and I get to wave goodbye to the 180's
MRC also wants me to write up my testimonial, and they are getting ready to do my 100 pounds lost recognition award at our center. They want to submit me for the main website. How exciting! I feel like I am in a whirlwind right now.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Darren, 18 miles on bike is no joke!! Great job!!
I'm so excited for you. We've shared a lot of this journey together, hand in hand. And now, you and I will be hitting the 100lb mark together as well. I'm so proud of you! You are there!!!! I can't wait to see that Glamour Shots photo! Congrats! We'll see you there very soon!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #29  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I I was down 2 more pounds from last week and only 2.5 from signing that 40 lb board. I am working hard to try and make that by Saturday. Actually, I want to get down 3.5 by Saturday so I can finally kiss the 300's good-bye.
You can do this!!! You are soooo close! I'm waiting for you in the 200's.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #30  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Good WI lots of lost pounts vibes to you! WOOHOO!! You can do it. My goal is 5.5 by next Monday so we need to work together. That's for me to be in the 130s. You need 160s and I need 130s. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Send me some good vibes please. I gotta get out of these 170's this week...to hit my personal goal. I weighed on my home scale and was at 175. It's usually about 2 lbs heavier than MRC's. So...maybe I had a 3 lb. loss! Here's to hoping so. If I do have a loss like that - I made the 20 lb. board!!!!

A little NSV this a.m. - I put on some shorts. Shorts from several years ago! Button fly size 12, no problem!!!! Not tight anywhere! Yay!

I've pretty much quit all supplements except the flax & B6. I ran out & just can't afford to keep replacing them. Occassionally I throw in an enhanser or Apple Cider Vinegar to mix my body up a bit. I know they aren't going to like this - they ask me everytime to add a new supplement. One girl says Hoodia, another says Cortitrim... But, I think I may try the Sea Thin & Green Tea capsuls Donuts mentioned just to keep my body guessing. Besides they are both less than the 6 week supply of Coritrim for $75 that was recommended to me! Jeepers! Just can't do that kinda spending right now - gotta have gas & that's what I spent yesterday to fill up my Expedition!
Closed Thread