Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #76  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

jewelie~ The following is an email I received on the running group:

Hello Timberline Runners!!

Hope you all have had a good couple of weeks and are getting ready for an amazing summer running season! I wanted to remind all of you about the informational meeting this Thursday, May 15th at 7:30am in room 211 at Timberline Church. We will be discussing the various details including off-site meeting routes, fitness and event goals, as well as covering other questions that arise. We will not be running at this meeting, our first running meeting will be Saturday, May 17th at 8:00am from Timberline Church East Parking lot. Looking forward to meeting you all this Thursday!!

Mike Schoger

Remember the meeting is at 7:30 in the morning. See you there!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 05-14-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #77  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Thanks chica! I can't believe you're only 3 freakin' pounds from 100 lost! That is so awesome. I can't wait to see you cross that mark. Get the celebratory HNS ready for me. I'm joining you in Twoterville this week, dang it!
I'll make us "Mock Margarita's" in celebration..... it's not the real thing, but it will work!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #78  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
I vote for mani-pedi-facial!!
I second that!!!! And, after bomaze put it out there.... I want one too!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #79  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Well, I did my wi this evening! Down 1.5, this gives me an even 20! I was a little dissappointed but thought about it and it is a loss regardless. Considering my 2 days I splurged, I am happy!

I am beat, interesting day at work! I am site lead and one of the gentleman that are subcontracted to support our fielding has some major issues with working for a woman. We have had several incidences with him trying to do his own thing so today with my managements support, I had to put him in his place! Unfortunatly things did not work out to well for him! I tried to address concerns with him, he cut me off to inform me that he was'nt listening to anything I was saying. Simple enough, I told him, needless to say he was off of my site within 30 minutes and will not be returning (unfortunatly for him, he was hired specifically to support my fielding)! Oh well, sure he sat at home today considering how dumb his decisions were! That being said I am off to get some zzzzz's!

Before I forget, I do remember some saying they needed some good vibes to come there way! Here they are GOOD VIBES, GOOD VIBES, GOOD VIBES!! Good luck with the way ins and for those that need some will power, I will add some dust too!
Great job on the loss! And, the 20lbs!!!

Also, I loved reading the story about you putting that employee/contractor in his place, and not putting up with his #$%&. Nice job!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
jewelie~ The following is an email I received on the running group:

Hello Timberline Runners!!

Hope you all have had a good couple of weeks and are getting ready for an amazing summer running season! I wanted to remind all of you about the informational meeting this Thursday, May 15th at 7:30am in room 211 at Timberline Church. We will be discussing the various details including off-site meeting routes, fitness and event goals, as well as covering other questions that arise. We will not be running at this meeting, our first running meeting will be Saturday, May 17th at 8:00am from Timberline Church East Parking lot. Looking forward to meeting you all this Thursday!!

Mike Schoger

Remember the meeting is at 7:30 in the morning. See you there!
Thank you. I will miss the run, but I am so excited to get the info for the running group tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
You said you've lost 40lbs twice before... there's something to that. I brought this up a couple of threads ago, and I really believe it. I think there are things in our lives that "block" us, emotionally, physically, etc... Would you be open to sitting with that and evaluating where you were at those two times. What was going on in your life? How did you feel? Were you anxious, scared, dealing with loss, etc? Write it down.... all of it. My latest saying is, "the good, the bad, the ugly". Put it all out there. It's all for you, and no one else. Close your eyes and just spill it. I've done it. Write outside the lines, write over yourself.... just get it out there. THEN, when you are done.... FORGIVE yourself, allow the feelings to flow through you but not BE YOU. The moments and people that held you back, and blocked you from living your best life.... forgive those/them too. And when I say forgive, it's not for them..... it's for you. When you're REALLY done (and I mean done, done.... nothing left to write done); it's totally up to you what you do with your "letter". I personally love to burn them in my own little ceremony (there is NO WAY that I'm holding onto it... not even the paper it was written on) but it's not necessary. And finally, LOVE YOURSELF.... you are amazing and the fact that you are even thinking through these things right now shows that you are on the right path. I bet you didn't do this in the past? Big hugs to you! Stay focused and remember who is the most important in this.... YOU!
I so agree. That is why I suggested journaling. Try answering Namaste's questions as you just write what comes to mind without analyzing it. I bet you may surprise yourself with the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Well, I did my wi this evening! Down 1.5, this gives me an even 20! I was a little dissappointed but thought about it and it is a loss regardless. Considering my 2 days I splurged, I am happy!

I am beat, interesting day at work! I am site lead and one of the gentleman that are subcontracted to support our fielding has some major issues with working for a woman. We have had several incidences with him trying to do his own thing so today with my managements support, I had to put him in his place! Unfortunatly things did not work out to well for him! I tried to address concerns with him, he cut me off to inform me that he was'nt listening to anything I was saying. Simple enough, I told him, needless to say he was off of my site within 30 minutes and will not be returning (unfortunatly for him, he was hired specifically to support my fielding)! Oh well, sure he sat at home today considering how dumb his decisions were! That being said I am off to get some zzzzz's!

Before I forget, I do remember some saying they needed some good vibes to come there way! Here they are GOOD VIBES, GOOD VIBES, GOOD VIBES!! Good luck with the way ins and for those that need some will power, I will add some dust too!

Congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss.....be EXCITED!

Now, BOYS! I cannot believe how stupid some of them can be. I'm so glad you stood up to him.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Smile Hi- have a question about MRC

Hey everyone. I'm thinking about joining MRC. I've been a W.W. person in the past, but I have GOT to do something to get this weight off. I'm wondering what ya'lls experience is and if you really like it. Does it really work well? Just curious.
Thanks everyone!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #82  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Great WI Mrs. Gigi! Any loss is a move in the right direction. Take it and be PROUD! Congrats on the 20 lb. board, too!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #83  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Ms Gigi: CONGRATS on getting to the 20lb board! It's such a good feeling to hit those mini-goals

sheldon07: I agree with some of the other suggestions--a nice manicure/pedicure/facial would be a lovely treat!

lyberty & HAWAIIBOUNDBY40: Welcome to the board--you'll find a really fun & supportive group here if you decide to start the program.

My stepdaughter (who will be 20 next month) left today after being here for almost a month. She and a friend have taken a year off from Uni and are traveling around the world. They started in New Zealand, where they live, San Francisco, here, New York for a week, England for a month, then a KonTiki camping trip through Eastern Europe, then to India, Thailand and back to NZ in November! They are so excited and it all sounds like so much fun.

It's been so much fun having them here but I have had SO MANY food temptations with more cakes, cookies, pastas, etc. around. I've just gone and cleaned out the fridge of all things evil. I haven't gone off program but it's been tough with things like a 7 layer caramel cake that my mom made sitting on the counter!

I WI in tomorrow and am hoping to have lost at least 1LB and sign the 50 board, but I've learned never to EXPECT it to happen as I seem to drift from one plateau to another.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #84  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I WI in tomorrow and am hoping to have lost at least 1LB and sign the 50 board, but I've learned never to EXPECT it to happen as I seem to drift from one plateau to another.
That 50lb board is yours!!!! Learn to expect it! Think positive!!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #85  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm baaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkk!

Hey gang! I'm back on the MRC bandwagon after being on medical hold for 4 whole months! I had gained back about 18 lbs and have lost 8 lbs to get on my way back. I look forward to chatting again and seeing how well everyone has done while I have been gone. Saw you pic, donuts. You look fantabulous!
Have a great MRC day!
Oreoparent:-)
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #86  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Finz-That 50 pound board is so yours i just know it!!! I cant wait to sign the 20 pound board i cant imagine how it would feel to sign the 50! I am so proud of everyone here who has continued to lose so much weight i am so glad i found this site i have said it befor i know, but i am proud to say it again! Hope everyone has a great day..diana
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #87  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Welcome back oreo!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #88  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
Hey gang! I'm back on the MRC bandwagon after being on medical hold for 4 whole months! I had gained back about 18 lbs and have lost 8 lbs to get on my way back. I look forward to chatting again and seeing how well everyone has done while I have been gone. Saw you pic, donuts. You look fantabulous!
Have a great MRC day!
Oreoparent:-)
Welcome back!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #89  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm thinking about joining MRC. I've been a W.W. person in the past, but I have GOT to do something to get this weight off. I'm wondering what ya'lls experience is and if you really like it. Does it really work well? Just curious.
Thanks everyone!
I've been very happy with MRC. The consultants help me get through the doldrums and help keep me accountable and on track. The program itself is narrow - which works for me. When I think I have a better way to go about things, I fail; this program tells me exactly what to do and when. It's not inexpensive and it's difficult from time to time but I look at it as a life change and not just another diet. I've done WW, Atkins, South Beach, Cabbage Soup, and heaven knows how many more but this is the one I've been the most successful with and have the most hope and belief in too. Call and make an appointment for a consult - it's free!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome back Oreo
Closed Thread