Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #346  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Hi guys! I am finally back from my trip to the Houston Livestock Show. We had a blast, except for the waiting in the airport for 8 hours with three children under six part! Don't even ask! I couldn't (or didn't) always make the most "op" choices, but I made the best choices for my circumstances, and I think that is what counts. We have to be able to make this work in different situations, if we want to be able to live with the plan for the rest of our lives. Anyway, I won't be able to go weigh in until at least Monday, so we will see how my choices affected me. I spent last night trying to catch up on all of the post that happened while I was gone. WOW! Great information and great losses out there this week! Congratulations!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #347  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Way to go, Losingforhealth! What an accomplishment for you!

Quote:
Exsquisit: I know I worry too much, but have any of you ever worried what will happen when all the weight does come off? Do you ever worry how you will keep it off? My DH says just get the weight off then think about that. I've seen a lot of encouraging things on here and would love to hear your perspective on the maintenance.
I do share your concerns about the "after" but am determined to follow through on maintenance. I think I've finally learned that if I want to look good and feel good, I can't eat like a hog - or a fat person! I know I don't have to eat like I currently am forever but also that I can never go back to what I ate prior to MRC. Don't worry about it - that really serves no purpose - but focus on the "today" of the plan and the changes we HAVE to make for tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I too have after concerns. I have a couple friends that didn't complete this program, lost 40#, didn't do stab. or maintenance and have gained it all back. They will both tell you that they would do it again in a heart beat, but would definately be an active member of maintenance classes.

I fear eating. I know the couple times I have taken the wider road and given in to Off Plan foods, I couldn't stop. I would say 2 bites is all I need and then 10 later I was still going. I need to know how to stop this!!!! I also need to know how to deal with TOM cravings. No supps is helping. I will be full, have just eaten a good meal, and still would do anything for something to eat. I am not talking veggies, sweet and gooey is what I want/need. And I eat, then eat a little more, then more. It seems all of my cheats are during TOM.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #349  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
I know I worry too much, but have any of you ever worried what will happen when all the weight does come off? Do you ever worry how you will keep it off? My DH says just get the weight off then think about that. I've seen a lot of encouraging things on here and would love to hear your perspective on the maintenance.
Assuming you get to your goal weight (or within 10 lbs or so) you'll start stabilization & when you get to maintenance, you'll get a basic "lifetime" maintenance menu. You get a year of maintenance support with MRC. They'll advise you to set a limit of 3-4 lbs - if you gain 3-4 lbs, it's time to get things back in check.
The thing to remember is that this isn't a magic bullet - if you go back to eating the way you did, you'll go back to weighing what you did (plus a few lbs, probably). And I know people who've done just that.
A couple of days ago a friend called me an "MRC success story". I have kept most of it off over the past year & a half, but I've strayed enough that I've got a few lbs I don't want, and some clothes I can't wear. And I won't lie, it isn't easy to get back to that strict green menu so I can get it back off.
So here's my advice. You'll get a maintenance menu. Use it. You get a year or so of maintenance with MRC support. Use it. (I didn't as much as I should've.)
It's a lot easier to keep it off than to try to get it off again - even just a few lbs. But it can be done!

Last edited by Meemo; 03-22-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: posting before eating!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #350  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I know I worry too much, but have any of you ever worried what will happen when all the weight does come off? Do you ever worry how you will keep it off? My DH says just get the weight off then think about that. I've seen a lot of encouraging things on here and would love to hear your perspective on the maintenance.
I do worry about that and have voiced the same concerns to my DH. Hopefully on maintenance we will get some good advice. I've read alittle in past posts. There are some very wise people on here so I'm sure we will get some good advice.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #351  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Here is some info I found on Ketones. Those of you that have your centers wanting you to read on the darker end of the stick, should ask a second opinion (maybe from your Dr). I think you want to try to read from the middle to the lower end of the stick. Darrell (aka Donuts) what does your pharmacy expertise feel on the ketones?

Q: "What are ketones?"
A: Ketones are a by-product/or waste product when your body burns stored fat for energy.
• Exercise: Exercise requires extra energy. If you haven't eaten enough or if you don't have enough insulin available to allow the glucose to get into the cells, again the cells are starving and will turn to fat for energy. Thus showing a higher reading on the at home strips.

So I have been starving myself? And that's the reason my ketostick was a deep color? whatever. I haven't eaten this much and been on a diet at the same time, umm, ever.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #352  

Quote:

Oh yes, I worry about that all the time as well, I have lost weight before and put it right back on over and over again. I just tell myself to keep trying. I am totally with you.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #353  

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hello just wanted to let everyone know that I got to sign the 60lb board today.
I have lost so far 61 1/2lbs so far. I now weigh 183lb. Seems like forever getting here. I am so happy. Tomorrow I am going to buy me some new clothes to celebrate. Thanks Melly
That's awesome!! 60 lbs, you lost my daughter! She weighs 60 lbs
Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #354  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I WI today and lost 1.5 lb. I was afraid I had gained (TOM and I've been sick and taking cold medicine) so I was happy! PLUS I got to sign the 40 lb board! SO exciting!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hi all! I WI today and lost 1.5 lb. I was afraid I had gained (TOM and I've been sick and taking cold medicine) so I was happy! PLUS I got to sign the 40 lb board! SO exciting!
Happy Dance.
That is where I am! 40# gone. Horray!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #356  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will just take it one day at a time. Your encouragement is a Godsend. I plan to use the maintenance menu like Meemo said. I feel you Jewel said about not knowing when to stop when I start eating. I'm really going to have to watch that. But I know it can be done for all of us if we just get the right mindset. You ladies are awesome!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #357  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I worried about that a lot in the beginning too. I was on a strict protein only (dr. monitored) diet in my 20's. Afterwards, I weighed and measured and was on a 1200 cal diet and gained it back pretty fast. I got so discouraged, that I really started eating unhealthy and stopped with most of my exercise - almost like punishment for failing. I'm older and wiser and now realize that diet was not even remotely healthy and I probably messed my metobolism up big time! The MRC eating plan is something I can live with - forever. I'm working really hard to take the educational classes too. Luckily, I have a lot to lose, so I feel like I'm giving myself plenty of time to be "reprogrammed". I feel like losing the weight will be the fairly easy part, keeping it off will be the life long challenge. The thing that impressed me most about MRC was their year long follow up program. Anyone can lose weight on any diet, I wanted someone to show me how to keep it off during the after. I know this can be done! I don't ever want to be that unhealthy again. I feel like I have my life back and feel much younger and full of energy. Priceless!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #358  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I get mine at Wal-Mart. It only costs 13 bucks for 75 pills. It says it's 100% Pure South African Hoodia...1000mg. I don't have any from MRC to compare to but I thought I would try it...and it seems to work for me.
I get mine from Swanson Vitamins (the are on the web)...its where I get most of my vitamins. It's Swanson Premium Brand Full Spectrum Hoodia Gordonii 400 mg 180 Caps - 17.99 ... but I haven't been taking it because I bought a bottle of MAC when I first started MRC. Now the MAC is running out, and I'm going back to my Hoodia, which I prefer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Guys, I just wanted to say again how grateful I am to be able to talk to you all. I know I've said it before, but it's wonderful to have a group of people who know how you feel and what you are going through. I know everyone feels the same way I do or else you wouldn't be coming back every day!! But sometimes, I just feel that I need to say it so you all don't think that I'm taking this wonderful place with wonderful people for granted!!! THANKS!
ICAM (I couldn't agree more)!!!!

angierue, hang in there, you are doing great! Do you travel a lot for work, or is Austin a pleasure trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I just got back from Victor's Secret.
OOO, we need to start one, a market niche that is being ignored! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Just got back from WI and I stayed the same I've been totally OP but I have not had a lot of variety in my meals this week so I'm going to work on changing a few things around to see if that helps. I'm drinking 120 oz of water so I pretty well maxed out on that. I know these plateaus happen but I do hate them. Hope everyone has better WI news than I do today!
Oh Finz I hear you, hang in there. This week I was actually up 3 pounds on Tuesday, down 2.5 of the 3 pounds on Thursday, then today FINALLY I was really down some more weight! For goodness sake! LOL... but it really annoyed me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Alright....for breakfast this morning I had Power Pancakes
Now THAT sounds good! I may have to try that!

I got to sign the 15 pound board today. I did the dream board class and they gave all the participants a free copy of the 100 days book! Yay! Oh, and I have a new menu - I have been on Plus Level 2, now I am just on Plus. I was so pleased, I bought 5 for $55. LOL.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #359  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Hi all, a quick, potentially silly question because I think I know the answer. I did a recipe suggested by my counselor with an orange supp, vanilla creme supp, ice etc. This counts as a creamy right? I had a time understanding what she said. It seems like she told me that I could do two of these, but it's not sitting well with me.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #360  

Quote:
Hi all, a quick, potentially silly question because I think I know the answer. I did a recipe suggested by my counselor with an orange supp, vanilla creme supp, ice etc. This counts as a creamy right? I had a time understanding what she said. It seems like she told me that I could do two of these, but it's not sitting well with me.
If you are making a shake type smoothy with 1/2 orange and 1/2 vanilla supp then you can have 2 in a day and it counts as 1/2 a creamy. If you did a full pack of each then that is 2 supps and your full creamy in one drink. I prob. wouldn't do that because it will be too much. Try doing the half and half.
Closed Thread