Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #451  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
PS - I did wi today and I lost 0.5 pound. A little disappointing, but I expected it b/c last week was so big!! So I'm going to just buck up. A little nsv, I bought a new pair of pants on Thursday last week in a size 12 and I wore them today and I had to keep tugging on them b/c they kept falling down! And when I came home from work, my oldest daughter came up to give me a hug, and she said "MOM, You are so skinny!!!" She could actually wrap her arms around me!! Pretty cool if I do say so myself.
I can't wait to start having my clothes fall off because they are too big....and what a huge accomplishment if your daughter can put her arms around you. How good you must feel
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

another breakfast idea

Fried egg sandwich.

grate 1 oz of cheese into a bowl
add 1 egg and beat together.

Pour into a med heat pam sprayed pan and brown both sides. Place on top of a slice of 40-45 cal bread that has been toasted for an open face sammy.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
I can't wait to start having my clothes fall off because they are too big....and what a huge accomplishment if your daughter can put her arms around you. How good you must feel
I agree.....kids tell it how it is! They know when you have lost and say it!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Default 3monkeysmomma

My center gave me a list of medications/natural remedies that can help with various health concerns. This is what they recommend for constipation...MSM,Triphala (Internal Cleanser), Fiberall, Konsyl, Surfak and Dieter's Tea. I had similar concerns and spoke with a rep about it and he said not to confuse not going often with not feeling good because you're not going. He said we are eating so little and our bodies are using just about everything we give it that a person wont be as regular as they were when off the program. I hope this helps. Oh, and I agree with you about the pineapple. Fresh is delicous!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #455  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The center would tell you to increase your flax intake. Whenever I have problems I take senna. It comes in pill form, it's herbal, and there is nothing added to it that might affect your plan. I just can't drink down MOM anyway. blech.... We put all of our patients in hospice on senna, so it's gentle enough. You might get some cramping, but no more than you would with MOM.
I use Smooth Move tea, which has senna in it. It's always helped when I have "issues" (usually that happens after a long car trip).
And one more thing, for anyone experiencing issues - be sure you're drinking all your water! Just one more reason to drink your water!

Last edited by Meemo; 03-24-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #456  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
B]

The personal trainer I was supposed to meet with got sick so we rescheduled for Friday.....MaxCandy.....the Excel supp do you take that in place of MRC-6 or do you do the MRC supps on top of it??????
You know I never took the Excel as a metabolizer. I took it as a recovery agent after a real hard workout. Someone else said it may compare to the enhancer. I think it was Donuts...
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

Well - I have re-dedicated myself to the program starting today. I have been doing o.k. on the weekdays, but not on the weekends, and I have been drinking wine and beer, and my workouts have only been twice per week.

I still need to figure out a way to de-stress, rather than a glass of wine. That is my true weakness!

It's time to get serious again, and really take the fat off now.

It's great to see so many people here constantly giving support!

Rae
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #458  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
A little nsv, I bought a new pair of pants on Thursday last week in a size 12 and I wore them today and I had to keep tugging on them b/c they kept falling down! And when I came home from work, my oldest daughter came up to give me a hug, and she said "MOM, You are so skinny!!!" She could actually wrap her arms around me!! Pretty cool if I do say so myself.
WooHoo! I love little stories like that. It really makes the scale not moving quite as much as hoped not such a big deal! My daughter said much the same thing to me in church yesterday. When people say I look so good, I say back I have a long way to go. I really need to start saying thank you. It's hard hearing compliments sometimes.

Way to Go goal4life...onederland is a great accomplishment!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #459  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
PS - I did wi today and I lost 0.5 pound. A little disappointing, but I expected it b/c last week was so big!! So I'm going to just buck up. A little nsv, I bought a new pair of pants on Thursday last week in a size 12 and I wore them today and I had to keep tugging on them b/c they kept falling down! And when I came home from work, my oldest daughter came up to give me a hug, and she said "MOM, You are so skinny!!!" She could actually wrap her arms around me!! Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

I know that had to be the best feeling in the world. That's wonderful!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #460  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to everyone who lost, I can't wait to start losing too! I am so ready to feel better and look better!

Readytobethinagain That is an awesome story! Congrats!

I have a question. What supplements is everyone taking?

I am taking the Flax, Metabolic 2000 multivitamin, Corti-Trim, Metabolic Appetite Control, MRC-6. I am having a hard time taking so many pills before each meal.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #461  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

I eat the regular ground turkey and have done fine? Who knows - I guess you shouldn't but...
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #462  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post

I have a question. What supplements is everyone taking?

I am taking the Flax, Metabolic 2000 multivitamin, Corti-Trim, Metabolic Appetite Control, MRC-6. I am having a hard time taking so many pills before each meal.

I use olive oil for cooking and take a Flintstone's vitamin. That's it.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #463  
Roller Derby Queen

Did I already mention that I've been drinking the cappuccino supp blended with ice and water? Yummy!

And, does anyone know about veggie burgers? Lunch time is just killing me. It takes me a half hour to eat lunch now, where before I would just grab something and eat it while I was driving. It makes for a really late day.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #464  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Well, I weighed in today thinking that I would not see a very good loss because of my recent trip. I also "cheated" a bit on the 10 hour ride (with the kids! :}) and I ate a few of their gummy bears. I needed something to make the ride more bearable! Anyway, I was afraid that I would have gained, but I lost 1 1/2 pounds! Not the best loss, but it WAS a loss! I am .5 pound from signing the 20 lb board and 5 1/2 pounds from my half-way mark!

As for clothes getting loser, does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to invest in a new wardrobe, when hopefully, I won't be in it very long! But, my jeans do not fit, and several of my dress pants are drooping around my tummy (not an attractive look-but I will take it as it means I really am losing the weight!)
Old 03-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #465  
Roller Derby Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I also "cheated" a bit on the 10 hour ride (with the kids! :}) and I ate a few of their gummy bears. I needed something to make the ride more bearable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
As for clothes getting loser, does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to invest in a new wardrobe, when hopefully, I won't be in it very long! But, my jeans do not fit, and several of my dress pants are drooping around my tummy (not an attractive look-but I will take it as it means I really am losing the weight!)
Try thrift stores. You can get some nice things there for cheap, then donate it back when you are done. You can also look on eBay for clothing lots. You might find a whole new wardrobe for $20
Closed Thread