Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #376  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
I know it seems like you are eating alot, but I think that it's what you are eating that makes your body seem like it's in starvation mode. I have to agree with everyone that had something to say about this, I would get a doctor's opinion. My center said that the ketosis strips were their way of making sure we are following the program and we are not low carbing or something like that to put our bodies into ketosis. They want to make sure that we are eating our veggies and bread and fruit so that we are losing the weight healthfully. (??? did I make that word up???) Just double check it, I mean, maybe that particular counselor wasn't really sure. We just don't want your body to get really ticked off at you and start acting up!!
I hope it doesn't seem like we are nagging. I know that everyone here is just concerned for your wellbeing.

The part that doesn't make sense is that she read my diet journal and saw everything I ate. There were only 3 times I ate something at the wrong time, like cheese at night or carb for lunch or whatever. I eat my veggies, love the starches and fruit, meat is no problem, measure everything and drink my HNS like I am suppose to, they said I was doing excellent, two different women said that at two different WIs and I am down 9.5 pounds so I am not concerned about it all and soooo tired of talking about my little ole' ketones.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-23-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 AM   #377  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Hello All,
I am starting on Metabolic today. My goal is to lose 129lbs. I have tried everything else out there (Weight Watchers, Lo-Carb, Lo-Fat, Atkins, South Beach, Diabetic Diet, Liquid, etc.) and nothing has worked for me. I am beginning to have health problems...blood pressure, hips, ankles, knees hurt all the time, headaches, borderline diabetic. I am praying that this will work. If I can't lose the weight this time, then I am going to have gastric bypass (even though, the thought of it scares the crap out of me!!!)
Old 03-23-2008, 03:00 AM   #378  

I just uploaded the Easter pics I took of my kids on my myspace if anyone wants to see the little darlins. The pic of me on there is about 2 years old, my hair was blonder and I was thinner than I am now. Photography is a hobby of mine and I was blessed with three beautiful kids that usually don't mind modeling, lol.Some of the pics at the beginning I didn't take, you can tell which ones were done in a studio. I better go it's almost time for the Easter Bunny

http://www.myspace.com/nickieclaresmith

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-23-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #379  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello All,
I am starting on Metabolic today. My goal is to lose 129lbs. I have tried everything else out there (Weight Watchers, Lo-Carb, Lo-Fat, Atkins, South Beach, Diabetic Diet, Liquid, etc.) and nothing has worked for me. I am beginning to have health problems...blood pressure, hips, ankles, knees hurt all the time, headaches, borderline diabetic. I am praying that this will work. If I can't lose the weight this time, then I am going to have gastric bypass (even though, the thought of it scares the crap out of me!!!)

If you can promise yourself to follow this plan exactly as laid out, you WILL lose weight! And remember, there are wonderful people here to answer any questions you have along the way and to help you if you get frustrated!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #380  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

And speaking of questions, what's the word on using veggie burgers for your veggie portion? Has anyone ever tried this?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #381  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hello All,

You will find lots of good support and advice here. It truly is a good program and you will lose if you stick to the plan. I really think the accountability factor (weighing in, the food sheets, etc.) is a tremendous help.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #382  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
exsquisit~ As you can tell, there probably isn't anyone here that hasn't worried about not maintaining after we lose the weight. I'm no different, but I feel more and more confident each day that this time is going to be the last time. Why, you ask. Well, MRC has a great reputation for having a very high number of maintainers. The classes like "Finding the Connection" have helped me personally fill in the missing pieces on why I overeat. I am trying every day (one day at a time) to live a lifestyle that will support a healthier and leaner body for the rest of my life. It's a doable lifestyle with a healthy balance of eating for fuel and a reasonable amount of exercise. I definitely will complete the maintenance program that MRC provides. I would be cheating myself out of the most important part of the program if I didn't. I know I am a foodaholic. I'm just one donut away from going back to my old fat ways. I'm just not going to let food be in charge of my life anymore! Nothing truly tastes as good as thin feels!!!

The following is a quote from a successful MRC loser from my center. It's an expansion of Meemo's quote:

"If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, take a step back and realize how restrictive being overweight is. It limits your outlook on life, your activities, the clothes you wear, your mental state, your physical performance, your job performance, your relationships, and your overall quality of life. We only get ONE life: live it to the fullest and take care of the one thing you can control -- your health!!"
Thank you so much for this! The quote is very encouraging. I am a work in progress in learning to look toward the positive but I will get there. I'm going to definitely do maintenance and make sure I continue making right choices. I appreciate you all very much.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #383  
Ms. Jennifer

[QUOTE=3monkeysmomma;2112611]I just uploaded the Easter pics I took of my kids on my myspace if anyone wants to see the little darlins. The pic of me on there is about 2 years old, my hair was blonder and I was thinner than I am now. Photography is a hobby of mine and I was blessed with three beautiful kids that usually don't mind modeling, lol.Some of the pics at the beginning I didn't take, you can tell which ones were done in a studio. I better go it's almost time for the Easter Bunny

Your children are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #384  
Ms. Jennifer

Quote:
Hello All,
You will do great! Just follow the plan. It really does work! I'm very excited for you.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #385  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
The part that doesn't make sense is that she read my diet journal and saw everything I ate. There were only 3 times I ate something at the wrong time, like cheese at night or carb for lunch or whatever. I eat my veggies, love the starches and fruit, meat is no problem, measure everything and drink my HNS like I am suppose to, they said I was doing excellent, two different women said that at two different WIs and I am down 9.5 pounds so I am not concerned about it all and soooo tired of talking about my little ole' ketones.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter

WORD!!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #386  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I just uploaded the Easter pics I took of my kids on my myspace if anyone wants to see the little darlins. The pic of me on there is about 2 years old, my hair was blonder and I was thinner than I am now. Photography is a hobby of mine and I was blessed with three beautiful kids that usually don't mind modeling, lol.Some of the pics at the beginning I didn't take, you can tell which ones were done in a studio. I better go it's almost time for the Easter Bunny

http://www.myspace.com/nickieclaresmith
your kids are gorgeous! And good job on the photos!!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #387  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hello All,
Welcome! You are in the right place! This will work! I too have tried everything, and my doc said to go talk to the folks at MRC, and if I couldn't face doing the program, then we would talk drugs and surgery at my next office visit! I have been in the program since 2/16 and I have lost 16 pounds...
Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #388  

[QUOTE=exsquisit;2112870]
Quote:

Your children are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
your kids are gorgeous! And good job on the photos!!

Thank You Thank You.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-23-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Welcome! You are in the right place! This will work! I too have tried everything, and my doc said to go talk to the folks at MRC, and if I couldn't face doing the program, then we would talk drugs and surgery at my next office visit! I have been in the program since 2/16 and I have lost 16 pounds...
I too am doing this on a Dr.'s recommendation! I tried a lot of things and just got more and more discouraged. This is working. I am 40.5# lighter in just over 3 months. I am so close to goal that I can taste it. I feel better, stronger and more confident. Now I am focusing on the exercise. I feel I know how to eat and that I eat smaller portions. This is going to be great.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Happy Easter! I have been reading all of your wise advise for about a month now and am finally getting the confidence to participate. Here's my story... I live in Colorado Springs CO (we woke up to about 4" inches of fresh snow). I am 44 years old and that is when my realization to lose weight started. It dawned on me that when I was in my 20's I weighed 20 something, my 30's, thirty something and my 40's, 40 something. There is a definite pattern. I thought that if I did not do something now I would be gaining 10+ pounds a decade and would be unhappy with my appearance and most important my health. I want to be healthy for my husband and three teenage kiddos. The exercise part I have down; I've been very dedicated to it for two years now. I was hoping exercise alone would help the number on the scale go down, but it didn't. A friend of mine had great success on MRC and I can see why; in reading all your posts it really makes sence that a metabolic based program is what I need. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and ideas!
Closed Thread