Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #211  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxncandy View Post
3monkeys-- Did the center say you could have fat free mayo? Does it have carbs? If so how much? I could easily do some tuna for lunch, or a tuna salad with dinner and some melba.
Yes, they even brought it up I didn't ask. I was talking to them about dijonaisse and how I was glad I had "something" to mix with tuna since tuna alone is yucky, and they said why don't you mix fat free mayo? I didn't know I could but they acted like "duh" lol. I'll read the label to you, 1 Tbls calories 10, fat 0, Cholest 0, sodium 120 mg, carb 2g, sugars 1g. This is Kraft Fat Free mayo, not miracle whip.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #212  

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
It is so fun to put most things on and have them fit!
Oh for real! I can't wait to go shopping and not feel like crying when nothing looks good on me. And you are there, awesome.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

3mm-- you will be there before you know it- hang in there!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #214  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
Just had to share:

I signed the 70 pound board today!!!!

I went in thinking I would still be 1/2 a pound away - well I was - but in the other way! I have lost 70 1/2 pounds!!! Woo - hoo!!!! It was something I have really needed... Lately I feel like I have been in limbo, and this was the boost I needed! One thing I really concentrated on this week was getting 100-120 ounces of water in. I think that helped put me over the edge... This is the least I've weighed in YEARS! I am at 177.5! WOO HOO!

Hope eveyone else has a wonderful week!
GREAT JOB SIGNING THAT 70 LB BOARD! WAY TO GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Losingweightnow - :whoohoo: Way to go!

3monkeysmomma - Thank you for the information on Egglands Best eggs. I have high cholestrol so I can only have 3 eggs yolks per week. Maybe that will help a little. My doctor is going to run another blood test next week.

I re-signed with MRC today. I have another 10 weeks to lose 30 lbs! Whew, the pressure is on. I had a nice heart-to-heart with them today. I've been getting so many compliments lately that I've developed a little attitude of "I already look good, so I can be a little lax". I haven't been keeping my food journal all month and my exercise went out the window when we started the big move. I feel like this is the way I need to eat for the rest of my life, so why should I record everything - I certainly don't plan on doing that for the rest of my life. However, it's really easy to be a little slack when you're not micro managing yourself. Plus, it's harder on the counselors to figure out what's happening when you aren't losing. This was a good day of reflection and self-discovery. So, I'm re-signed, re-committed and motivated to put the pressure on and lose that last 30 lbs!! Time to go back to the basics!
YOU GO WITH YOUR 30 lbs! You know you can do it. Congrats on resigning and recommitting yourself to the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
cargirl - Thank you for the compliment, you're a sweetie! My baby turns 20 on April 1st! I can't believe it!! I don't know if anyone has been around long enough to remember that my daughter had a melt down when I started back at the end of August. She didn't want me to be the "hot mom" and start borrowing her clothes. This weekend, when we went shopping at Victoria Secret, she smiled and said you look really good Mom. I still don't want you borrowing my clothes . . . but I may want to borrow some of yours We had a good laugh over that!

cargirl, your recipe sounds really good. Do you make that with cooked oatmeal or raw instant oatmeal? I haven't had any oatmeal since I started. Just seems like too much of a bother to cook that small amount! I'm ready to start trying new things again to make sure I don't get in a rut. If I can find my cheesecake pan (must be in a box somewhere ) I'm ready for double chocolate cheesecake! AND I tried spaghetti squash for the 1st time - LOVE IT! Can't believe I have never tried that!! The other thing I did this week was have a toasted cheese sandwich for breakfast I felt totally wicked! I just cut the bread in two and sprayed the outside with butter flavored Pam. It tasted way too good to be OP!

Can't believe you have a 20 yr old! What do you do with the spaghetti squash? I tried it during the first few weeks OP and just got tired of it quick (very bland). Oh, where's the double choco cheesecake recipe? In the book? You need a real springform pan? I just sold mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
hey Randi, first of all, THANKS!! I am no longer scared that I won't make it into that dress!! second, I started at the end of Jan. I became a member here in Feb. But I did lose some weight before I started, but only like 7 pounds. And I didn't put that on m ticker, b/c I thought I should stay true to the MRC pounds lost. But I have to agree with 3monkeysmomma, that I should claim every pound!!!

So I'm about to schedule a massage for this week and I HATE to spend the $$$!!! But I need it, right?? I can't live on muscle relaxers the rest of my life...and I can't live with headaches on a daily basis!!
Quote:
HOLY MOLY!!! That is superfantastic!!! Congrats!!!!
Ok..so how much have you lost just OP w/MRC? I just like to keep track of all the great losers here! Or are you saying your ticker isn't including your other 7 lbs? Either way, you're doing awesome! I know you'll be in that dress! And way to go scheduling a massage. No, you can't live on pain killers and muscle relaxers forever, or at least you shouldn't have to !
Old 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #215  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Quote:

So I'm about to schedule a massage for this week and I HATE to spend the $$$!!! But I need it, right?? I can't live on muscle relaxers the rest of my life...and I can't live with headaches on a daily basis!!
If you are really worried about the money, look for a local massage school. You can get a massage from a new masseuse who is getting in his/her practicum hours for much cheaper!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #216  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have been lurking and reading for about a week now. It seems that I will never catch up so I thought that I would just jump in.

You gals have really helped me a lot. I realize that I am not alone in this. Some of my problems are identical to yours: eg: being on plan and not losing, it taking 3 days to make up for a small infraction. Also some great ideas alternative less expensive sources for HNC, recipes and ideas to make the same old same old interesting.

The first week I was pumped. Lost 5.5 lbs. But then didn't lose anything the entire second week. I go for wi tomorrow and hope I see a bigger number. My scale at home says so.

I'd better post a lot so I can get my ticker and all the other good stuff.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
I have been lurking and reading for about a week now. It seems that I will never catch up so I thought that I would just jump in.

You gals have really helped me a lot. I realize that I am not alone in this. Some of my problems are identical to yours: eg: being on plan and not losing, it taking 3 days to make up for a small infraction. Also some great ideas alternative less expensive sources for HNC, recipes and ideas to make the same old same old interesting.

The first week I was pumped. Lost 5.5 lbs. But then didn't lose anything the entire second week. I go for wi tomorrow and hope I see a bigger number. My scale at home says so.

I'd better post a lot so I can get my ticker and all the other good stuff.

Welcome! I know it is hard when the scale doesn't move, but that doesn't mean you aren't doing well. How are your clothes fitting? Try to focus on getting healthy and not just the scale. Believe me, I know it is hard to do, but you will stick with it much better if you do.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Good job! 20.5 # is a lot. I just bought a 20# bag of wild bird food and my son was lugging it around complaining that little birds don't need anything that is this heavy......he just couldn't go 1 more step (think over dramatic 10 year old). See that is how much you have lost....enough weight to make a young boy complain! LOL
Well...now that you put it that way!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #219  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

My clothes fit better. I can definitly see that my mid section has slimmed and it doesn't hurt to wear my jeans.

I'm making another turkey breast on the grill tonight. That's what I ate the first week and it was magic. I've never lost 5 pounds in one week before.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #220  

Well, Meemo when you posted about eating cottage cheese mixed with your oatmeal I thought eww gag! Today I reluctantly tried it. 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal, I only used 4 oz cottage cheese rather than the 6 I get, splenda and quite a bit of cinnamon, nuked it for a few like you said. I was pleasantly surprised! I really didn't taste the cottage much (barely detectable) it really tasted like good sweet gooey oatmeal! I see 1/4 cup of oatmeal and think whats the use, but mixed this way it tastes like a full bowl of yummy oatmeal. I encourage everyone who wishes they could have a real bowl of oatmeal to try it, yall know by now how picky I am. Put in plenty of splenda and cinnamon. Next time I may sprinkle in some butter buds. Thanks once again Meemo.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #221  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I am officially on maintenance now-- WI on Monday and I was up .5, but they said that was fine. My scale at home was actually at an all time low this morning, so I hope it is fine. I am having parent teacher conferences this week and lots and lots of comments on my weight loss. A couple have asked if I am sick-- that makes you feel real good! lol.... It is fun although, my pants that I bought thinking I was about done losing, are too big! I guess there could be worse problems, but I am spending a fortune on clothes. It is so fun to put most things on and have them fit!
Welcome to maintenance! Says the woman who's actually gained a few - let me be the example - don't stray too far!!! I've got just enough clothes I can't wear right now to make me !
Old 03-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #222  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Can't believe you have a 20 yr old! What do you do with the spaghetti squash? I tried it during the first few weeks OP and just got tired of it quick (very bland).
You can pretty much do with spaghetti squash whatever you'd do with spaghetti. Both are bland & take on the flavor of whatever you put in them. Got this off Food Network...I had a similar recipe, I added sauteed mushrooms & garlic (it'd be good with sauteed fresh mushrooms or asparagus added too).

Herbed Spaghetti Squash
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse
1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 1/4 pounds
2 1/2 tablespoons butter [substitute olive oil]
2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as basil, chives, chervil, parsley and sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and place, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a paring knife. Turn squash over and cover with foil again and continue to cook another 15 minutes, until the squash is very tender. Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and discard. Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place the squash strands into a mixing bowl.

Heat a skillet. Add the butter, spaghetti squash, herbs, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly but gently to heat and combine. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #223  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I encourage everyone who wishes they could have a real bowl of oatmeal to try it, yall know by now how picky I am. Put in plenty of splenda and cinnamon. Next time I may sprinkle in some butter buds. Thanks once again Meemo.
Yay! No wang, eh?
Just be sure to eat an egg or something to get your full ratio of protein.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #224  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
It dawned on me that I could have stuffed jalapenos (they said green peppers and they are a green pepper), I usually wrap them in bacon so I wasn't sure how they would turn out but MM MMM MMMMMM!!!
I gutted whole jalapenos (be sure and scrape out all the viens too if you don't want it too hot) then chunked some cheese (measured it all out correctly) stuff the cheese in the peppers then put in muffin pan so they would sit upright so the cheese wouldn't run out, gave them a quick spray with pam. Baked on 375 for about 15 or 20 minutes or so (until the cheese is all melty and the peppers are soft) Oh boy were they good, Oh I'm so happy, another thing I like!!
AWESOME idea!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #225  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to nomoredonuts4me, losingweightnow, Namaste & Goal4Life! You are ALL so inspiring!!!
Closed Thread