Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #391  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

So, how did everyone do at Easter? I, for one, ate a little of everything :P. But, I don't feel too bad. The only really "bad" thing I ate was a very small brownie with some strawberries and a sm. scoop of ice cream. I enjoyed it, and it was a nice treat. Now back to being OP .
Old 03-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #392  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
So, how did everyone do at Easter? I, for one, ate a little of everything :P. But, I don't feel too bad. The only really "bad" thing I ate was a very small brownie with some strawberries and a sm. scoop of ice cream. I enjoyed it, and it was a nice treat. Now back to being OP .
I did fine. We went out for lunch to a little french cafe on the bay. Everyone else had brunch type items but I had a plain grilled chicken on croissant (gave the croissant to my husband to have with his goat cheese omelet) and a nice salad. I took my own dressing. We came straight home afterwards and I had an apple for my fruit portion.

It's been a beautiful, sunny day here and it was lovely to sit outside and have a nice meal with family & friends and still stay OP
Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #393  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

I too ate a little of everything. This weekend was overwhelming for me. I "choose" to take a 2 day hiatus. I ate well, just not OP. I think I will start a Meta Quick tomorrow to get back in the game. Does anyone know if that helps you get back into fat burning faster? I hope you all had a blessed time with your family today!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #394  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quick Update.

Congrats to all the losers and those struggling as well. We all know how hard this is and we're still here fighting whether we're having great successes or disappointing days! Again, I'm glad I found this group and the support you all give.

I WI yesterday AM and was down 2 lbs! That's 3 for the week. I'm so psyched. However, I don't think I did so well last night and today I've been okay but just out of it. There's a lot going on here and I'm just not into anything, least of all trying to keep up with my drinks and pills and food. I did stay OP today (even had the cheesecake breakfast) but I had starch for lunch with a little fruit b/c I didn't eat all the starch from breakfast (cheesecake crust fell apart).

Also, I'll WI tomorrow and if I lose I get 2 weeks added to my plan for WI Saturday and Monday (after Easter). It's TOM week (probably start Tuesday) so I'm not sure how I'll do.

What are the ramifications for drinking all of your supps at the same time? (other than peeing a lot) or for having a meal replacement bar for dinner? I just drank 2 of my supps and will probably do 2 more and it's 7pm. Not sure if I should or if it will screw me up. As for the meal bar, I just didn't feel like cooking and I needed something. Advice anyone??
Old 03-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #395  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
This is one of the reasons I'm on this plan... I've lost this weight before and gained it all back within 3 years of losing it. I want to learn how to eat to keep it off...

Meemo, I think you are a success story. You have lost it, and maintained the loss, and learned from the things you did that didn't maintain it. I'm very encouraged by your posts...
Thanks Miriam
What's the old saying? If you can't serve as a good example, you can at least serve as a warning? I reckon I'm a bit of both!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #396  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
The following is a quote from a successful MRC loser from my center. It's an expansion of Meemo's quote:

"If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, take a step back and realize how restrictive being overweight is. It limits your outlook on life, your activities, the clothes you wear, your mental state, your physical performance, your job performance, your relationships, and your overall quality of life. We only get ONE life: live it to the fullest and take care of the one thing you can control -- your health!!"
She must've written the ad I got the quote from (or maybe the ad quoted something she'd written) - I think that entire quote was in the ad that MRC ran in our local paper awhile back but I just used the first line in my signature. But it really struck me when I read it (I was probably already in maintenance by the time I saw it, but it's a reminder that I don't want to feel those restrictions again...)
Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #397  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post

It's been a beautiful, sunny day here and it was lovely to sit outside and have a nice meal with family & friends and still stay OP
Wasn't it great? We went to DD's in-laws (we call them our outlaws - we get along really well) & sat by their pool, granddaughter played in the sprinkler for a bit (a little chilly for that tho!). Came home and called DD in California, sat by our (new) pool & talked to her. I love that spring is here (but know we could get a chilly surprise before it's here for good!).
Foodwise, not so spiffy. But tomorrow is another day, as Miss Scarlett said...
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #398  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

Also, I'll WI tomorrow and if I lose I get 2 weeks added to my plan for WI Saturday and Monday (after Easter). It's TOM week (probably start Tuesday) so I'm not sure how I'll do.

What are the ramifications for drinking all of your supps at the same time? (other than peeing a lot) or for having a meal replacement bar for dinner? I just drank 2 of my supps and will probably do 2 more and it's 7pm. Not sure if I should or if it will screw me up. As for the meal bar, I just didn't feel like cooking and I needed something. Advice anyone??
Man, I'm jealous of all these added weeks y'all get - I don't remember any incentives like that when I was going through (I know it depends on your center too - at least we had boards to sign!).
I'm no expert, but I don't think it's particularly helpful to drink all your HNS at once. I think since one of the main points of them is to help keep your blood sugar level throughout the day, once you've missed one, you've just missed it. I don't think it'll hurt anything (other than your wallet, maybe!), I just don't think it'll help. As far as the meal replacement bars go - I did that a couple of times myself. I know they don't approve, but when I did it I just wasn't hungry - had had a late breakfast & lunch & just wasn't hungry for any dinner. Figured eating that was better than eating nothing at all, which was actually my preference!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #399  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I did terrible today! We had a bunch of family and I just ate what everyone else was eating except for dessert. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I don't think wi day (Wednesday) will look so good. I will stay OP the rest of the days and see what happens.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #400  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
We stayed home and avoided the big dinners! I stayed completely op!! And there was Easter candy and everything! And I even bought my family some lowfat blueberry muffins from Mimi's Cafe for breakfast this morning b/c they love them. I DIDN'T TOUCH THEM!!! (ok, so I stuck my nose in the box and sniffed VERY deeply, but I can't get fat from smelling it, right?!?!?) YAY!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #401  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

I did "okay" today. My dad baked me some salt free chicken, but it was a drumstick, which wasn't on my menu. I had some collard greens, but he cooked them with a hamhock, so even though I didn't eat the actual meat, they were still cooked in it ( and they were so good). That's about it. Oh I did go all out and screw up completely yesterday by eating a whole mrc cheesecake before I realize I was supposed to only eat a 4th of it. I wondered why I felt so full. DOH!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #402  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. Beginning the program on Easter was probably not the smartest thing to do, but I did it!! I cooked for for my family, but I didn't eat any of the potatoes, bread, strawberry shortcake, etc. I stuck by the plan and I feel good that I did it today. I am serious about losing weight....I feel like I don't have a choice if I want to be around to see my grand kids!!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #403  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I understand what you're saying about the HNS regulating sugar levels and such. However, what's that about them burning 300 calories or something? Like, if they're 60 cals and it takes 360 to burn them then you're still using up another 300 cals. That's what they tell me @ the center. What do you think/know about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Man, I'm jealous of all these added weeks y'all get - I don't remember any incentives like that when I was going through (I know it depends on your center too - at least we had boards to sign!).
I'm no expert, but I don't think it's particularly helpful to drink all your HNS at once. I think since one of the main points of them is to help keep your blood sugar level throughout the day, once you've missed one, you've just missed it. I don't think it'll hurt anything (other than your wallet, maybe!), I just don't think it'll help. As far as the meal replacement bars go - I did that a couple of times myself. I know they don't approve, but when I did it I just wasn't hungry - had had a late breakfast & lunch & just wasn't hungry for any dinner. Figured eating that was better than eating nothing at all, which was actually my preference!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #404  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello All,
I am starting on Metabolic today. My goal is to lose 129lbs. I have tried everything else out there (Weight Watchers, Lo-Carb, Lo-Fat, Atkins, South Beach, Diabetic Diet, Liquid, etc.) and nothing has worked for me. I am beginning to have health problems...blood pressure, hips, ankles, knees hurt all the time, headaches, borderline diabetic. I am praying that this will work. If I can't lose the weight this time, then I am going to have gastric bypass (even though, the thought of it scares the crap out of me!!!)
I'm glad you found us. I've tried everything too and this is really wroking for me - 66 lbs since 31 Aug!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #405  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniByJune View Post
Happy Easter! I have been reading all of your wise advise for about a month now and am finally getting the confidence to participate. Here's my story... I live in Colorado Springs CO (we woke up to about 4" inches of fresh snow). I am 44 years old and that is when my realization to lose weight started. It dawned on me that when I was in my 20's I weighed 20 something, my 30's, thirty something and my 40's, 40 something. There is a definite pattern. I thought that if I did not do something now I would be gaining 10+ pounds a decade and would be unhappy with my appearance and most important my health. I want to be healthy for my husband and three teenage kiddos. The exercise part I have down; I've been very dedicated to it for two years now. I was hoping exercise alone would help the number on the scale go down, but it didn't. A friend of mine had great success on MRC and I can see why; in reading all your posts it really makes sence that a metabolic based program is what I need. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and ideas!
Here's to reversing the clock for you!! I'm turning 43 in a few months and haven't felt this good since my 20's!
Closed Thread