Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #466  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I think I just have two more posts before I get a ticker!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #467  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

So, I'm spamming a bit .
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #468  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
So, I'm spamming a bit .

I want my ticker too, but I have to meet the member for a month status. Won't be long though.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #469  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
sure

1 egg
2 oz low fat cottage cheese
1/8 c. uncooked oatmeal (old fashioned not instant)
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon (not sure how much I put in)
1 splenda packet

I put in a magic bullet (but blender will work) and blend until smooth.....it's a little thinner than pancake mix. Pour onto med. heat pan and brown on both sides.

I have experimented a bit.....added orange and lemon extract, trying maple next. My sister makes these for her boys and adds 2 packets of splenda instead of one and has all fruit on them (not OP but makes breakfast family friendly)
Silly question I'm sure, do you just eat it like a piece of toast. Or is there something you top it with although I couldn't imagine what would be legal to top it with. Think I will try this tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #470  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
The center would tell you to increase your flax intake. Whenever I have problems I take senna. It comes in pill form, it's herbal, and there is nothing added to it that might affect your plan. I just can't drink down MOM anyway. blech.... We put all of our patients in hospice on senna, so it's gentle enough. You might get some cramping, but no more than you would with MOM.

I didn't think about increasing the flax, duh. I will definatley do that now, do you know how much I should increase it?. Is Senna what is in that dieters tea?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #471  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
I still need to figure out a way to de-stress, rather than a glass of wine. That is my true weakness!
Have you tried the 5HTP? It's supposed to help with stress...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #472  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniByJune View Post
My center gave me a list of medications/natural remedies that can help with various health concerns. This is what they recommend for constipation...MSM,Triphala (Internal Cleanser), Fiberall, Konsyl, Surfak and Dieter's Tea. I had similar concerns and spoke with a rep about it and he said not to confuse not going often with not feeling good because you're not going. He said we are eating so little and our bodies are using just about everything we give it that a person wont be as regular as they were when off the program. I hope this helps. Oh, and I agree with you about the pineapple. Fresh is delicous!!!
Oh things are definatley not moving right, lol, it happens ever so often even when not trying to lose weight (goes back to the malnourishment as a kid kinda messed things up in there) thanks for the list I will try some of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I use Smooth Move tea, which has senna in it. It's always helped when I have "issues" (usually that happens after a long car trip).
And one more thing, for anyone experiencing issues - be sure you're drinking all your water! Just one more reason to drink your water!
I have never seen that stuff before, I will start looking for it thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Congrats to everyone who lost, I can't wait to start losing too! I am so ready to feel better and look better!

Readytobethinagain That is an awesome story! Congrats!

I have a question. What supplements is everyone taking?

I am taking the Flax, Metabolic 2000 multivitamin, Corti-Trim, Metabolic Appetite Control, MRC-6. I am having a hard time taking so many pills before each meal.
readytobethinagain woo hoo !!!
I take Cortislim, MRC6, centrum multi, 4000 flax, biotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Well, I weighed in today thinking that I would not see a very good loss because of my recent trip. I also "cheated" a bit on the 10 hour ride (with the kids! :}) and I ate a few of their gummy bears. I needed something to make the ride more bearable! Anyway, I was afraid that I would have gained, but I lost 1 1/2 pounds! Not the best loss, but it WAS a loss! I am .5 pound from signing the 20 lb board and 5 1/2 pounds from my half-way mark!

As for clothes getting loser, does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to invest in a new wardrobe, when hopefully, I won't be in it very long! But, my jeans do not fit, and several of my dress pants are drooping around my tummy (not an attractive look-but I will take it as it means I really am losing the weight!)
Do you sew? Would be hard to take in the jeans but dress pants shouldn't be too hard. Just rip out the old seem and take it in some. Have you ever shopped at Savers on 50th? They have TONS of clothes that are second hand and some are brand new. There are alot of name brand clothes there too. They have a different color tags that are on sale each day 50% off. You should try there.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Silly question I'm sure, do you just eat it like a piece of toast. Or is there something you top it with although I couldn't imagine what would be legal to top it with. Think I will try this tomorrow.
3MM - the oatmeal is your starch and the egg with the cottage cheese is your protein so...... for topping it, I don't. I'm not sure that you could top it on plan. If you wanted you could eat half and then have 1/2 a piece of toast and an egg. That should work out.

Would make quite a breakfast. I make 3 pancakes a little bigger than silver dollar. But if you did 4 silver dollar. You could have 2 of them with your 1/2 toast and egg. Just save the other 2 pancakes to have the next day or so.

Last edited by jeweliek; 03-24-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Congrats to everyone who lost, I can't wait to start losing too! I am so ready to feel better and look better!

Readytobethinagain That is an awesome story! Congrats!

I have a question. What supplements is everyone taking?

I am taking the Flax, Metabolic 2000 multivitamin, Corti-Trim, Metabolic Appetite Control, MRC-6. I am having a hard time taking so many pills before each meal.

I know what you mean, I feel like all I do is eat, take pills and drink HNS/water. I have been doing it for just over a month now and it has really become part of my daily routine. Hang in there, it will get better. I take the vitamin, MRC-6, Flax, Internal Cleanser, Guggal, Liquid Minerals and Enhancer. I really believe all of them are doing their jobs, it's not very often that I'm craving something or that I'm hungry.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #475  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
1 egg
2 oz low fat cottage cheese
1/8 c. uncooked oatmeal (old fashioned not instant)
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon (not sure how much I put in)
1 splenda packet

I put in a magic bullet (but blender will work) and blend until smooth.....it's a little thinner than pancake mix. Pour onto med. heat pan and brown on both sides.
This sounds SO good! I was getting a bit sick of my usual fried egg on top of toast, or fried egg rolled up in low carb tortilla.... I will have to try this tomorrow! I have never liked cooked oatmeal, but in this case as a pancake, it sure sounds good! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #476  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
As for clothes getting loser, does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to invest in a new wardrobe, when hopefully, I won't be in it very long! But, my jeans do not fit...
I took a ton of my old pants into a thrift store, and in exchange for my big pants, I got a couple of pants that fit... I was telling my DH about this the other day when I was saying "nothing fits"!!! but what a difference from December when I was saying "nothing fits" but meant it back then as in everything was WAY too tight!
Congrats on your saggy pants...
Old 03-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #477  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Update

I WI this AM and was down another pound. So, that was 4 lbs for me last week! That's the best week I've had and it makes my total 17.5! WOOHOO!! I got 2 weeks added to my plan, and I got a basket grab for the Easter candy I brought in.

I feel like I'm really learning how to work the diet for me and what to do and what not to do. I think the Enhancer has helped, but I think making sure I get all my water in has helped just as much. I didn't stop my creamies in the evening and I didn't totally give up the coffee or creamer (I subbed several days w/HNS vanilla cream or ready-made vanilla drink, but a couple of days I still had regular coffee w/half-n-half. However, I've been taking the enhancer and making sure to get at least 96 oz of water every day, plus get my 4 HNS each day as well. On that front, anyone else have info on the HNS putting you in a calorie deficit? I think Bonnie said she's heard that, but no one else? They tell me that all the time @ my center and that's why I should max my drinks each day.

Oh, question about Tilapia. Anyone like it? I bought a huge package at Sam's Club and had some today for lunch and it was YUCK! If you like Tilapia, please tell me how you cook it! I need assistance there. Also, on the cheesecake breakfast, if anyone has tips on how to get the "crust" to set, please LMK. I think next time I won't make the crust and I'll be able to use the meal for lunch and not just breakfast (that's what they said @ my center today).

Oh, one more thing. I broke the pinky toe on my right foot. Guess how! I ran in to my scale in my bathroom! UGH. I moved it upstairs into my bathroom b/c I was always running downstairs to weigh in the early morning before I got dressed. Well, I forgot about it and cut the corner a bit too close trying to get to my medicine cabinet! BAM, right into the corner of the scale! Now my whole foot is sore and has a big bruise on it. I still did cardio (elliptical) @ the gym today and my foot felt fine. I guess it just has to heal on it's on, but I'm not doing anything that makes it hurt.

Oh, the vanilla ready made drink is just a creamy replacement, they told me. I thought it was a meal replacement drink. I guess the only meal replacement drinks are the chocolate shakes. However, the chocolate and vanilla ready made drinks have way more fat grams than the creamy pudding mixes, so I'm not sure why we'd want to use them instead (unless it's just for the taste and the fact it's already mixed). I bought them thinking they were meal replacement drinks. Oh, well. I had the vanilla tonight with vanilla and strawberry extract and banana flavoring mixed with ice. It was yummy.
CONGRATS to all the losers today!

Last edited by Rocki; 03-24-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I WI this AM and was down another pound. So, that was 4 lbs for me last week! That's the best week I've had and it makes my total 17.5! WOOHOO!! I got 2 weeks added to my plan, and I got a basket grab for the Easter candy I brought in.

Oh, question about Tilapia. Anyone like it? I bought a huge package at Sam's Club and had some today for lunch and it was YUCK! If you like Tilapia, please tell me how you cook it! Oh, one more thing. I broke the pinky toe on my right foot. Guess how! I ran in to my scale in my bathroom! !

Congrats on your loss Sorry about your pinky toe, ouch

I eat Tilapia. Sometimes I take some parmessan cheese (like in the can) pour some out in a bowl, add a little garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, butter buds sometimes I add some chopped parsley and onion powder, then coat the fish in the cheese mix, I pile whats left on top of the fish after I put it in the pan. Spray a pan with Pam, spray the fish with Pam and cook on about 350 for 20 minutes or so until it flakes easily with a fork. (This is also how I fix the Orange Roughy I had today)

Sometimes I will put some paprika ( I use plenty paprika), garlic powder, sea salt, lemon pepper and butter buds and cook it in a skillet on the stove, spray the pan with pam first.

How did you fix it?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #479  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
How did you fix it?
I fixed it with garlic sea salt, dill and spray butter baked in the oven. I'll try the parmesan cheese and the skillet recipe also, thanks. How did you like the orange roughy? We used to buy that and then it got old (just like the flounder we still have in the freezer, ugh!).
Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #480  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I didn't think about increasing the flax, duh. I will definatley do that now, do you know how much I should increase it?. Is Senna what is in that dieters tea?

Thanks
I've heard them tell others to increase by one three times daily and I think senna is in dieter's tea. Also the smooth move. But I personally don't like the taste of them. If given and option, I would much rather take a pill!!
Closed Thread