Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #481  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I fixed it with garlic sea salt, dill and spray butter baked in the oven. I'll try the parmesan cheese and the skillet recipe also, thanks. How did you like the orange roughy? We used to buy that and then it got old (just like the flounder we still have in the freezer, ugh!).
I don't really care too much for tilapia. Someone in my office said it as tactfully as I've ever heard "tilapia just doesn't taste as clean as other fish." I would much rather orange roughy or mahi or halibut when i'm feeling like I have have some extra cash to spare!! (which isn't often with this plan!!) But I will tell you this, I bought halibut in the frozen fish section at walmart for $5. individually wrapped and the portions seem a fair size. But I also bought mahi for the same price and it was yucky. So I will try the halibut tomorrow and let you ladies know if it's any good.

Congrats on the 4 pound loss Rocki!! That's awesome!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:57 AM   #482  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

3MM:
Quote:
Also had a question, I have always had some plumbing problems, so when I need to can I take milk of magnesia?
I had such problems, particularly the first month or so. I found nothing really did the trick so went ahead with the MOM from time to time. I have found, however, that since I started the high-fiber, low-carb tortillas that the issue has become a non-issue. Does that fall in the TMI category??

Rocki: Bummer on the toe! Maybe that's a sign from above to just put the scale away! On your question about tilapia...I cook mine on the foreman grill. I sprinkle one side with the Ms. Dash lemon pepper and the other side with a lemon herb seasoning, put it on the grill for a minute or two and go. It doesn't take long to cook, so as soon as it seperates with a fork it is done. I like it because I can go from frozen to done in ten minutes - thawing it in the package in a pan of warmish water for a few minutes.

On the topic of getting clothes that fit...ask a friend too! Most of us seem to have at least a couple of sizes in our closets. I can tell you this though - I've done fairly well selling my old stuff on ebay. My mom sells bigtime and told me that plus-size stuff will always sell - she was right - I've sold all my pants, shorts, capris and a bunch of shirts, so now I have a few bucks to go shop!

Last edited by bomaze; 03-25-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #483  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I fixed it with garlic sea salt, dill and spray butter baked in the oven. I'll try the parmesan cheese and the skillet recipe also, thanks. How did you like the orange roughy? We used to buy that and then it got old (just like the flounder we still have in the freezer, ugh!).
The Orange Roughy was good, I will try flounder next. Its funny because a year ago I had never cooked any kind of fish except fish sticks, lol. As silly as it sounds I was afraid to, wasn't sure I would know if it was done. I got over that pretty easily after cooking it a few times.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 AM   #484  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
3MM:
I had such problems, particularly the first month or so. I found nothing really did the trick so went ahead with the MOM from time to time. I have found, however, that since I started the high-fiber, low-carb tortillas that the issue has become a non-issue. Does that fall in the TMI category??
!
My post was in the TMI category, I just stuck it out there anyway lol, thanks I'll try those.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #485  

Default Need Advise

I need help in making this decision. I've visited Metabolic Research Center in Beaverton, Oregon. I'm trying to decide whether to join. I've tried lots of diets: Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and some others. I feel I need personal one on one help to treat my emotional eating. I'm not sure if I can eat a low carb diet. I guess that's my biggest concern. Any advise for me?????

Thanks. (I have about 50 lbs to loose..)
Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 AM   #486  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Silly question I'm sure, do you just eat it like a piece of toast. Or is there something you top it with although I couldn't imagine what would be legal to top it with. Think I will try this tomorrow.
I've heard some people using the HNS concentrates undiluted as pancake syrup. Heating it up a few seconds in the microwave first. Just a thought
Old 03-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #487  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Ha View Post
I need help in making this decision. I've visited Metabolic Research Center in Beaverton, Oregon. I'm trying to decide whether to join. I've tried lots of diets: Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and some others. I feel I need personal one on one help to treat my emotional eating. I'm not sure if I can eat a low carb diet. I guess that's my biggest concern. Any advise for me?????

Diane Ha~ Here let me help you decide. I just have one word to tell you:

JOIN!!!!

Well maybe three words:

IT WORKS!!!

P.S. Here's a link to my MRC weight loss story:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...51#post2063551

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 03-25-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #488  
Christie

Quote:

DO IT!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #489  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Thanks. (I have about 50 lbs to lose..)
Diane,
It's not a low carb diet like Atkins; I suppose its lower than things like Weight Watchers ... for people like me that have done some extreme Atkins in the past, having a diet that seems to be about 60-75 carbs in a day when I put my food into fitday... doesn't seem low carb to me...

The tough part for me is giving up things like lattes, and some of the high fat things I had on Atkins (like bacon or heavy cream, for example). And also - committing to just eating the foods on the diet sheet. Filling out the diet sheets and letting someone else see them (and ask questions) isn't as bad as I thought, but I'm a pretty good girl... LOL...

I would say that the program will work if you work it. You do have to buy a daily supplement called HNS from them, which is something that my counselor didn't really mention when I was talking to them about the program, or if they did, I didn't retain it. The centers seem to vary in quality, but my people have kept an eye on me, and the manager herself stopped me to chat when I was feeling weird after the first 10 pounds came off, and recommended I start the "psych" classes that are also a required part of the program. We have to do six lectures by the psychologist about different weight related topics. I went to the first one a few weeks ago, and it was very powerful for me. (The classes are included in the program). Also I did a dream board class this weekend which was really fun.

I've been in since the 16th of February, and as of Saturday, I had lost 16 pounds, which is an average of 3.8 pounds per week. And I haven't been hungry except for the first few days.

So I would also say, do it!
Because it will work, and it will work faster than a lot of other things out there. I had about 100 pounds to lose, and they estimate that by October I will be at goal and doing the maintenance.

Oh and that's the other thing, maintenance is part of the program that you buy, so when you get thin you don't just get fat again. This is really important, because without help, over 90% of people who lose a significant amount of weight (over 35 pounds) will gain it back within 5 years. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go through this again... even though it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be so far...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #490  
Christie

Quote:

Also, on the cheesecake breakfast, if anyone has tips on how to get the "crust" to set, please LMK. I think next time I won't make the crust and I'll be able to use the meal for lunch and not just breakfast (that's what they said @ my center today).

So I made the cheesecake last night and had the same problem! And a fourth of a pie is a lot to eat!! I made the double chocolate cheesecake from the cookbook... I don't think I will do this again. I'm gagging it down!! blech
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #491  

Quote:

This isn't hard core low carb like Atkins. I was on Atkins for a year several years ago. This is "lower" carbs than what you are probably use to. You are allowed a piece of toast ever morning with breakfast or 50 calorie tortilla, or small amount of oatmeal, or beans, or corn tortilla, same with supper. There is a long list of veggies you can choose from for lunch and supper. You get fruit with lunch. Also this is low calorie where as Atkins wasn't so much. This is also low fat where as Atkins was pretty high in fat. A typical breakfast for me would be 2 eggs, piece of toast, or oatmeal and cottage cheese. Lunch might be 6 oz fish, an 8 oz salad (which is a HUGE salad) and fruit. Supper might be taco turkey meat in corn tortilla with lettuce and tomato, steamed/sauted broccoli. You get a little of all the foods groups. It's very well balanced.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I've heard some people using the HNS concentrates undiluted as pancake syrup. Heating it up a few seconds in the microwave first. Just a thought

Never would have thought of that, may try it, thanks.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #493  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I love the way you say "BLECH" too funny! My cheesecake tasted more like Key Lime Pie b/c I used lemonade supplement instead of lemon and I used lime juice instead of lemon. I liked the flavor, but it WAS a lot to eat. I think next time I'll eat just an 1/8 and figure out what else I can sub to eat with it. Maybe an egg and oatmeal or something. I really like the Irish oatmeal that Meemo recommended. Thanks for sharing the info on the choco cheesecake..I won't bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
So I made the cheesecake last night and had the same problem! And a fourth of a pie is a lot to eat!! I made the double chocolate cheesecake from the cookbook... I don't think I will do this again. I'm gagging it down!! blech
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #494  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

DO IT DIANE!!!!!!

I'm down 17.5 pounds since 2/05/08 (that's averaging 2.5 including pre-conditioning and 3.4 from program start). It works better than ANYTHING I've ever tried. You just have to work with it. The lower carb eating isn't as bad as you think. They allow you just enough to stave off cravings

Quote:

Last edited by Rocki; 03-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #495  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning! I didn't get to read any posts from Friday - Monday and there were 16 pages!!! I don't think I'll get to catch up. It's just too much! I'm going to try to scan, we'll see how I do!

Congrats to all the losers! Welcome to any newbies!

I weighed in Thursday night and was down 2 more lbs so I'm at 77 total. I have weigh in tonight, so I'm looking forward to a couple more. I want that 80 lb board!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Closed Thread