Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 AM   #121  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Meemo,
have you actually counted the calories you eat in a day...comparing on program to maintenance? I'm curious because I counted my calories the other day and it was between 800 - 900. I didn't realize we were eating that few of calories - I'm usually not a fan of anything below 1200/day.
Just curious.
I never counted while I was in the weight loss phase, but at stabilization class the leader mentioned that we'd been on a very low calorie plan (I think she said around 900 calories - it depends on what proteins you choose day to day). The maintenance plan is about 1200 calories (for me anyway, it's probably higher for men). BUT, I think that includes the idea that people will probably have some cheats here & there.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #122  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

meemo - (Em) - I also wanted to chime in and say "Congratulations" to you for your beautiful new grandbaby! Are you back in Florida yet?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #123  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi again. Now that I'm done posting back to everyone I wanted to post a little about what I've been doing.

Ok..here's my NSV for the day. I tried the spinning class at my gym. I am SO SUPER EXCITED because I made it through the whole hour long class. Now, mind you, I didn't do all the up/down, fast/slow that the instructor did, but I did do a lot of it and I stayed on the bike, pedaling for the full hour. My goal was to get to 30 minutes and then leave if I felt I had to, but after 30 minutes I just pushed on and made it through. I really enjoyed it and will try to do it a couple of times per week. However, is it really good/healthy to have your heart rate up that high for such extended periods of time? I know my target HR for fat burning is 131-140 and doing the class it was up around 167 for a good portion of an hour. Any thoughts on that?
Congrats on the spinning!

I too recently started a spinning class, and I absolutely LOVE it! I told my center about it, and they were concerned. You can burn around 500-600 calories in 1 class. They said that is just to much to burn on this plan. I told them that I had no intention of stopping the class, as it is so good for my body. I told them they HAD to give me options to still be able to take the class. They told me to only do the class 2 times per week, and on those days to NOT do ANY meal replacement shakes/bars/wafers, to eat real food for my meals, and to choose those 2 days to be my beef days. That way I will be able to sustain enough calories for the day. If you keep doing it, and you don't get enough calories in, you will see your body crash and burn really early in the evening (it happened to me on the 2nd class). It is because you're body is in starvation mode and trying to protect itself. I hope those tips help you, and remember, do it only 2 days a week. You can still do walking/light cardio/light weight training on the other days.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-06-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I want to try the spin class, but I am so intimidated by some of the others that are in there-- in their biking clothes and all..... convince me to try it!! I am so impressed by you spinners!! Good for you. I did go to the Y last night, walked for 29 min. and ran for 1 min. lol-- I also did a few arm machines- really need to tone up those flaps I have dangling on my arms....talk about "teacher arms"!

Meemo: How do you use the meal replacement bars on stabilization, do you just count it as a protein, bread and a fruit?? I have a few left and would like to use them up, but don't really want to give up all the things I get now.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #125  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

This is for whoever asked about hard cheeses, I found thi slist online, some I have never heard of?
1. Asiago
2. Barry's Bay Cheddar
3. Basing
4. Blue
5. Buffalo
6. Derby
7. Dry Jack
8. Finlandia Swiss
8. Folded cheese with mint
9. Four Herb Gouda
10. Frying Cheese
11. Monterey Jack Dry
12. Orkney Extra Mature Cheddar
13. Parmesan (Parmigiano)
14. Parmigiano Reggiano
15. Pecorino Romano
16. Pyengana Cheddar
17. Reggianito
18. Ricotta Salata
19. Romano
20. Sap Sago
21. Shelburne Cheddar
22. Smoked Gouda
23. Swiss

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Everyone is doing so well! This forum was one of the things that encouraged me to join MRC-seeing everyone's success. I was just curious what everyone's average weight loss per week is? Mine is only about 2.5 each week and I was hoping to be closer to 3, but I am not complaining!

BTW, how many posts does it take to get the cute little ticker?? I satisfied the time limit.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #127  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Namaste - I have to completely disagree with you. You do not still have the same behavior issues. THIS TIME you are aware of what you are doing. That is a huge step in a positive direction!! You probably wouldn't have thought twice about this in the past. You are in the beautiful process of growth - I just love you!
You know what? You are right!!! I would never have thought twice about this in the past and I am totally aware. I am changing my life, and it's soooo positive. I need to change my self-talk! Life is good!

Thank you! I love you too!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #128  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
Everyone is doing so well! This forum was one of the things that encouraged me to join MRC-seeing everyone's success. I was just curious what everyone's average weight loss per week is? Mine is only about 2.5 each week and I was hoping to be closer to 3, but I am not complaining!

BTW, how many posts does it take to get the cute little ticker?? I satisfied the time limit.
I'm just over 4lbs a week.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #129  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
This is for whoever asked about hard cheeses, I found thi slist online, some I have never heard of?
3monkeysmomma
Thank you!!! Some of those I haven't heard of either, but I look forward to expanding my horizons!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #130  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Thanks - and yes we are - she's a beauty, 9 lbs & a head full of dark, curly hair. There's just nothing sweeter than a newborn baby.
She sounds beautiful...! Enjoy her!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #131  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi again. Now that I'm done posting back to everyone I wanted to post a little about what I've been doing.

I've been really good and OP this week (after several days of cheating from Thursday to Saturday). I will WI tomorrow morning and hope to be down under 160. If I'm not I'll go back Saturday morning b/c I told them on Monday that I wanted to be 159 by the end of the week. By golly, if I have to get there on Saturday, I will!
Good job! Can't wait to hear about your success!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I'm just over 4lbs a week.
WOW! Four pounds! That is wonderful. I was just hoping for 3. Great Job!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #133  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:

It takes 30 posts to get your ticker.

I am averaging 3.5 pounds per week. But don't compare yourself to anyone. Our bodies are all different, as long as you are losing..pat yourself on the back, you are doing a great job!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #134  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
Sorry so long. Don't know if I have ever shared the above info with y'all before. I am so encouraged how you all persevere through difficulties and stick with the MRC plan. You give me hope that I can do it, too.
Thank you so very much for sharing. You are inspirational and I appreciate you so much!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #135  
Denise

Quote:
WOW! Four pounds! That is wonderful. I was just hoping for 3. Great Job!
Thank you and don't get me wrong..... I am thrilled with losing 4lbs a week but I have a lot to lose so I think my number is higher right now. I have no doubt that will change, and decrease. You are doing great, and as long as you are losing (or in some cases maintaining) that is still a fabulous success! Please remember that.

You are doing GREAT!
Closed Thread