Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #16  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, all you big losers!!!

Well, I was going to start stabilization last week, but have decided to go one more month to lose another 9 lbs. I will now FOR SURE start stabilization at the end of March. My original goal has been met (59 lbs.), but I calculated my BMI, and I am still at 25.8. In order to reach a healthy BMI, I need to weigh 173, so I'm going for it (I want my BMI to read 24.8 - then I'll be SMOKIN' !!!) justkidding. I talked with the girls at my center, and they totally supported my decision, so onward and forward I go. I said that I would post before and after pics, but am still having trouble with the self-image issue, so will post them when I reach my new goal.

I am also still on steroids for another two days, so I am living and breathing proof that the steroids aren't what makes you gain weight. It's the HUNGER DEVIL - I wanted to eat everything in sight, but didn't.

goal4life - I, too, have converted using food for fuel only. It's just not FUN (and the operative word here is 'fun') to eat anymore, so while the steroids presented a definite challenge, I eat exactly the same thing everyday. I feel like it took me all this time to figure out exactly WHAT to eat to maximize my weight loss; and therefore, that's what I stick to every single day. Funny story - I decided last week that I reaaaalllllyyyyy needed to eat something different, so finally talked my husband into buying a George Foreman grill. All of y'all have talked about how wonderful it is, so I thought I could grill some squash or zucchini to get away from the cucumbers that I eat like it's my religion or something. Every single night since, HE has cooked tilapia, brats, hamburgers, catfish, salmon (I think that's it., and none of that is on my vegetarian plan!) My dog has a really sensitive stomach, so we boil chicken for him and my husband even grilled chicken for our DOG on it. Have I used it? Nope - I'm still stuck in cucumberland. But...my time is coming. I can just feel it!

donuts - I do know what you mean about people now saying that you don't need to lose anymore weight. I had a voice student's mom just yesterday say, "So, did you have to buy a whole new wardrobe or something?" ...and she was scowling with her lip turned up when she said it - no congratulatory grin or anything. I find that the people that have said anything negative to me about my weight loss are those that are still struggling with weight issues themselves. Do you think that could be some of it? You are the epitome of the kind of success that comes with not only this program, but what comes with the desire for a healthy lifestyle. You go, Darren!!!!!!

Everyone have a WONDERFUL Tuesday!!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #17  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from wi, and yeahh, I did lose the 2 pounds that I was hoping for, and I officially got to sign the 65 pound board! And, I also got to wave goodbye to the 210's(teens)!

Chopin..I think you made a great choice to go continue until you are happy with your BMI.

Oreo...thanks for your explanation on the goal that you set at MRC. It totally make sense.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-04-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #18  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

FROM THE LAST THREAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life
OREO...hang in there. You will make it through this hold. I am sure when you are able to get back on plan, your body will begin its fat burning stage again.
I have a question, who set your goal at 150? You are the same height as me, my original goal was to get my BMI at a normal range, and not in the overweight category. MRC calculated my height and said that my BMI would be 24% (which is the high end of normal) at 180. So I set my original goal to 175. I was just wandering, if to personal, then please disregard my question. I also told them when my BMI became in the normal range, that maybe I would re-evuate my self, and see if my confidence and self image felt happy at 175. They seemed to think 175 was a great goal (by the way I am 30, so not to off in age from you). I haven't been at a normal healthy weight as an adult, so my calculations may be off, on what I really want to achieve.

Goal 4 life, sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have been out of town. The goal they helped me set was 160. When I was losing weight rapidly, I moved my goal to 150. I feel that if I could get there then I would be able to lessen my stress when i have to go on steroids periodically. I usually gain 5-10 lbs every time I have to do a one-week pill pack. I'm sure that most of the time the weight is water, but psychologically, it is hard to handle gaining that much weight in such a short amount of time. If I reach 160 then I probably would lose 5 or more lbs in stabilization and maintenance. At least that is whet I have heard. I weighed 170 when I got married. I definitely want to be lower than that. I guess the threat of steroids always has me on edge. Best wishes with your goal. I, myself, hope to be off medical hold soon. I need to go a week without pouchitis symptoms. Otherwise I will have to go back on antibiotics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziewhan25
oh ya ladies.....another question......im going on vacation in 1 1/2 weeks and ill be gone for 8 days......every single meal will be eaten out.....we have continental breakfast in the AM and then have to find our own lunch and dinner....we will be going to sea world and the zoo and just walking around downtown san antonio.....and suggestions for staying on plan? thanks

We take a lot of little trips so here is what I do. I put my waters in a backpack along with quart-sized bags for every meal. Each bag has a paper cup, a spoon, a supplement, and my pills in it. You can also have a ziplock of melba toast in your bag to replace rolls, etc. I always seem to do real well on a continental breakfast. You can get toast and a boiled eggs usually. Of course, I cannot eat salads, but I'm sure most places will have them. Just bring your own salad dressing (MRC or Wishbone Spritzer). I also pack a little plastic container with a lid and mix up MRC pudding every night. I bring a baby whisk along to mix it. We travel so much that I usually keep several of these ziplock bags handy so I can grab them and run. I even do this if I am going to be out shopping all day. It works for me and makes it so much easier to stay OP.

Which item on iherb is like MRC6? I forgot. Welcome newbies! Where is Jant?
Have a great MRC day!

Last edited by oreoparent; 03-04-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #19  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

oreoparent - I'm glad to see that you're back and posting! I just read your post about steroids, and sure didn't mean to minimize your steroid experience. I think there are lots of different kinds of steroids, and the one that I've been on didn't cause the weight gain that I was expecting. I know that if I hadn't been able to stick to the MRC plan, I would have easily put on 5-10 lbs. also. It was totally the hunger factor - I can't even describe how hungry I've been. I do, however, know exactly how you feel about having to do the steroids, though! ...not fun in ANY way!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #20  
oreoparent

YEP! Hunger is bad. I think the main problem is I was on 60 mg of steroids for about 5 years. It messed up my metabolism (and a whole bunch of other things) and now when my body gets a little amount is starts ballooning with water. Glad you are not on a high dose for long-term. Have a great MRC day!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #21  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I have a silly question. If we eat hardboiled eggs and only eat the whites, how many eggs can we eat? I am on the beige menu. Would it be 3 b/c it is only the egg whites?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #22  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm pretty sure it's 3 (according to my green menu). It says 2 eggs or 1 egg and 1 oz of cheese or 3 egg whites.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

(From the last blog site- I didn't know it had moved on already!!)
Boy you guys move fast! I am back from my getting my wisdom teeth out- (OUCH!). I am slowly getting back to eating fully on program. More eggs and less meat still though.

ALSO~ I signed the 10 pound board yesterday! YAY!

1. Does anyone know of cheaper online places to buy protein drinks? I saw mydietshopz dot com, just looking for alternatives.

2. Is unsweetened applesauce okay to substitute for your fruit? It just has apples, water, and Vit C lited as an ingredient?

3. I am not sure what is classified as "hard cheese"- does anyone have a list of tasty new cheeses I can try??
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #24  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by map08 View Post
(From the last blog site- I didn't know it had moved on already!!)
Boy you guys move fast! I am back from my getting my wisdom teeth out- (OUCH!). I am slowly getting back to eating fully on program. More eggs and less meat still though.

1. Does anyone know of cheaper online places to buy protein drinks? I saw mydietshopz dot com, just looking for alternatives.

2. Is unsweetened applesauce okay to substitute for your fruit? It just has apples, water, and Vit C lited as an ingredient?

3. I am not sure what is classified as "hard cheese"- does anyone have a list of tasty new cheeses I can try??
Congrats on the 10lb board
I buy my protein drinks at Dietdirect.com. I LOVE them. Free shipping on orders over 79$ AND if you enter the code SAVE10 at checkout you automatically get 10% off! They have all the drinks there, including pink lemonade, pineapple, gelatins, fiber plus, protein bars and the drink concentrates--the only thing they don't have there are the Meal Replacement shakes & those ready-to-serve creamy drinks that come in a pack of 6 (I can't think of what the "offical" name of them is!). AND you get three free samples of your choice with every order. I just placed an order for 9 boxes of drinks (and my 3 free samples) and the total was $80.91--so $9.00 a box. I've got several friends that also use them and have been as pleased as I've been with them.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #25  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Congrats on the 10lb board, WOOHOO!!
I ordered from mydietshopz.com but I don't know of any other place, other than Ebay and those auctions go as high, or higher, than you can get them at MRC

Don't know about this, sorry!

I'm not sure about new cheeses but we like edam, gouda and the normal swiss (not sure if that's hard), chedder & colby jack
My answers to your post.

Last edited by Rocki; 03-04-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Finz and rockijames-
THanks for the website suggestions... So do you tell the center you do the extra drinks? Would that void the contract? I was planning on buying enough from my center to have my two per day and then using the ones I bought online as extras during the day....

THANKS!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #27  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Finz and rockijames-
THanks for the website suggestions... So do you tell the center you do the extra drinks? Would that void the contract? I was planning on buying enough from my center to have my two per day and then using the ones I bought online as extras during the day....

THANKS!
I don't tell them that I buy them somewhere else. I DID tell them that I had a lot left over from when I did the program a few years ago and also I had a friend who did not like the program and she gave me all that she had --those are both true statements. I do buy the all day weight loss pills from them monthly (at $75/month), Meal Replacement Drinks when needed, and the liquid minerals. So far, no one has said anything to me. It's a huge savings when you add it all up.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #28  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone I'm back!! February was a blurr!! I'll give you the cliff notes. Closed on our new house at the end of Jan. Put our house on the market 1 Feb. Sold it to the first people who looked on 5 Feb. Left for cruise on 6 Feb - 15 Feb while our contractor was knocking out walls on our fixer upper. Worked around the clock for 1 week on the new house painting and cleaning. Moved liked crazy during the second week back and closed on the old house on the 28th Feb - Phew!! Now the food confessions. Was a very, very bad girl on the cruise. Ate, drank & took lots of naps - notice, there was no mention of exercise here. Got back and wi - gained 10 lbs! Lost 7 the first week. 2.5 the second and did a wi this morning - down another 6 lbs!! I got to sign the 60 lbs board today !! I was down 15.5" for the month and down a total of 63.75"!! I think the only reason I recovered from the bad food choices was all the moving! My legs were jello by the end of each day (we worked from the crack of dawn until midnight - 1am for 17 days straight!!

I started trying to catch up this weekend on the threads. Made it all the way through #9, but I'm still on page 38 on #10. Figured I better check in before donuts sent out a search party!!

And yes, donuts, I have started to get the "your not going to lose anymore weight are you?" questions. I think they are seriousely concerned though. For the ones who are persistant, I just say "I still have some belly fat that my doctor is concerned about, I'm almost done." Most people know that belly fat is the most dangerous to your health. I did get into the size 14's (I started at Labor Day in a tight 22W). I went in to get my hair done today and my hair dresser told me the pants looked too big on me. Wow! I was a 12 when I got married and weighed about 150 ish - didn't own a scale. It is fun getting the extra attention. Went to our all company meeting, which is only held twice a year. Most people hadn't seen me since I started. I felt like a rock star

March 14th is the end of my contract. I'm still pretty far away from the 180 mark, so I'm definately going to re-sign. My BMI will still be out of the healthy range at 180, so I think I might adjust down to 165. My lowest healthy weight is 145, so I still think this will be healthy. I just don't know what 180 or 165 will look like on me so I'm trying to remain flexible. BTW, I hit the 199.8 mark on my person scale. I about fainted. I haven't been to WON-DER-LAND in a couple decades!!

Glad to see so many new names on here. Glad to be back to posting I missed you all (great to see you back Ms love bug, aka Texdoc)

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-04-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #29  
oreoparent

Donuts,
How much Beta Alanine do you take? Do you take it daily or just before or after exertion? I need partial knee replacements - I walk with a cane. I sometimes get extreme leg cramps in my calves - especially when standing or walking for more than an hour. I am taking a potassium supplement. I saw some other types of supplelements for leg cramps at the pharmacy, but was not sure what to take. I sometimes cannot sleep because these leg cramps are so bad. Would be glad for any info you can give. You are an inspiration to me.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #30  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Yeahhh..ShineOn....You are back, wow you were extremely busy. It sounds like you recovered from it all so well. Probably most of that cruise weight was water, so as soon as you hopped on program again, you were able to get rid of it! Congrats on the personal scale victory of 199! Awesome job!
We all missed you!
Closed Thread