Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #151  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I weighed in and guess what???? I LOST 2.5lbs! WOOOHOOO!! I'm so excited b/c I'm under 160 now. That was my goal by weekend and I made it. YAY FOR ME!

Here's something that ticked me off today. I've been having a rough morning (long story, nothing major, just a lot of little things).
Yay for you!! being under 160 must feel so good *daydreaming*
I get ticked off at that sort of thing as well. Right after I quit smoking my a couple friends and family would light up in front of me or get irritated when I made them go outside to smoke. Last night I took my SIL a box off mint oreo cookies so I could get them out of the house so I would not be tempted and she loves mint cookies too and wouldn't ya know she took the box out of my hand and opened it and began eating them right in front me. The other day I gave my husband a box of milk duds I had because again I didn't want to see them and be tempted, so he starts eating them in bed and talking about it, he says stuff like "its hard to stop eating these once you start" he knows how much I LOVE chocolate, so I hear ya girl!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Milk duds are really hard to pass up...I don't know if I would have made it!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #153  

I just have two more posts until I get my signature...this post plus
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #154  

This post should equal signature. I have been waiting on it for what seems like forever...

Has anyone tried the shepard's pie posted in the recipe forum?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #155  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

NWA Loser..did you get your siggy yet??? Post away!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #156  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Tomorrow is my 1st official day on the program. WI, class...all that stuff. I'm nervous. I still have trouble drinking enough. I don't wanna fail. :-( I WANNA BE A LOSER!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #157  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

3monkeys-I LOVE water i always have so its a breeze drinking 100 oz i actally drink about 2 gallons a day ,i used to drink alot more but i got really sick the doc said i was flushing out all my electrolytes! I dont drink caffeine and i dont drink soda so whats left...lol i love my water.

I hear you all on cravings it is so hard to stay op when you have all the people around you eating the things you have grown to love, especially when you have little ones who love their snacks. Well i am off to have dinner i will check in befor bed talk to you all soon.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #158  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast, HNS, Cottage Cheese, Flat Bread (totally OP)

Lunch, Meal replacement bar, turkey breast, mixed fruit, spaghetti squash, melba toast, HNS.

I ate the meal replacement bar as a snack, so should I skip dinner? Or, should I maybe just have a creamy and a salad or something? Any ideas? I don't want to skip all together and then be starving again tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.
Not sure if it is because you are on a different menu than me, but you are allowed fruit and starch for lunch? I am only allowed fruit for lunch, no bread/starch.
My menu has the starch with breakfast, the fruit with lunch, and then a starch with dinner.
I wouldn't suggest skipping dinner, but I would try to stay away from a whole meal replacement bar as a snack in the future, and especially don't eat it with your actual meal. I used to cut up a bar into bite sized pieces, and keep in a plastic baggie, and take one little bite here or there when I really just needed that sweet chocolate taste. Then I would down a glass of water. That seemed to cut the snack cravings in the beginning. If you just need some food, I would suggest cooking up extra chicken breast, and then putting it in the fridge, sliced up in 1 ounce servings in baggies, and if you just need something, then grab a baggie, and munch on a little chicken breast, and drink some water. The pure protein would be better than a meal replacement bar, which has sugars, carbs and protein in it.
But you are right, looks like you are eating a bit much, even though it is on plan stuff. Keep it up, you will get it all down.
Good job on the wi and the Mickey D's resistance!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-06-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #159  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Not sure if it is because you are on a different menu than me, but you are allowed fruit and starch for lunch? I am only allowed fruit for lunch, no bread/starch.
My menu has the starch with breakfast, the fruit with lunch, and then a starch with dinner.
NO, that's the problem. I'm NOT allowed bread and fruit for lunch, just fruit. That's how I went off.

I called the center and let them know I was bad! . They told me to eat 8oz raw (salad) veggies and my 4 oz protein and then get in two clear HNS and lots of water and that should help me get back on track.

Thank you for the snacking tips. I hadn't had a problem with cravings and wanting to snack until those stupid french fries! UGH.

Anyway..I just had a great salad and 4 oz of turkey breast along with an HNS. I'm going to drink one more HNS and get my water bottle ready to take upstairs to bed with me.

Thanks for the comments. I need all the tips I can get!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #160  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

zackzmom and mommato3, I agree with you both - I can't have just one of anything! Not having any works much better for me.

Oh and I wanted to comment on your sister-in-law motivation, mine is much more shallow than that. I've been avoiding running into my ex-husband for a while; I figure in a few months, then, even someone who doesn't notice as much as he doesn't notice about me might note that I have CHANGED! LOL.

rockijames, I hear you about the McD's being a temptation. Good Times, that is my nemesis... and Sonic... but I want to be thin more than I want the fries!

3monkeysmomma, I drink about 85 oz most days now, when I joined the program I was drinking less than 20 most days. I set myself a time limit to drink a bottle of water (about 16 oz) and when I'm getting close sometimes I chug it.

blueyedangel, you can do it! It will be great!

Hi everybody else! I love everyone's posts but I have trouble replying to you all. Thanks for being here.

So I wanted to report my 2 week measurements! They gave me a little ribbon, 8.5 inches long to tie to my purse to represent my inch loss!!! And I've lost 9.5 pounds since the 16th of February, which is AMAZING. Today is Day 13 of my menu.

I'm sooo excited. I can do this!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #161  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

donuts I get the same thing-I was even convinced enough to change my goal and tell I was only wanting to lose a few more lbs. My counselor-Kim- told me it's not so much about pounds as fat % and that women need to be at 30% fat or less or they are more likely to regain. Not sure what the % is for men, but you might want to ask. It really stalled my progress as I have now been on Meta-Quick for 7 days and have lost only 1 pound. It was like I told myself to stop losing and settle. I'm back to being determined to get the last 12 off, but I wasted precious time messing with my head.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #162  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello all. I've been lurking a while, and thought I join the crowd of Friday starters. I've been on preconditioning since last Friday, and go to my class tomorrow. I'm trying to lose 39 pounds.

About me, I'm married with 2 kids and I play roller derby with my local league. Hopefully, the snow will melt enough to let me out in the morning!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

alexiah about exercise, I have been doing 1 hour 4 times per week (jogging/walking/eliptical) plus some free weights two days a week. After starting MRC, my exercise habits have gotten worse. I think it's because I figure I'm already eating so much less, I don't have to work out as much. Also, I can barely get through the workout let alone my day. Judging from the calorie comments in these posts, I probably burn almost all the calories I was eating, so I am trying to cut back but keep a routine.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #164  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Someone was talking about leg cramps, I had those once and my doctor said usually two things can cause them, dehydration (which I doubt any on this board has that) and lack of potassium. You might try adding potassium supplements daily.

3monkeysmomma

Man you guys move fast around here!! I just wanted to say that before you take any potassium supplements, you should definately check with your doctor or talk to someone at the center. Potassium is an electolyte that has alot to do with your heart muscle and you don't want to mess with that! Usually potassium is a prescription drug for that reason. Now, I don't know if in lower doses it's available otc, but I would just be careful with that one.

I feel like someone said something about MRC having something that would help with leg cramps. I may be crazy...probably likely I've been having them also. back when I did atkins I would wake up with such horrible ones that I would have to jump out of bed and jump up and down on it. Talk about freaking my hubby out!! But now, I just wake up sore, like they have been doing it all night. Surely our bodies aren't supposed to be having electrolyte imbalances. I think that all of the water is washing out some important stuff. I do know that bananas are supposed to help with that, but they are no-no's. SOOOOO...any of you long timers have any ideas??

And congrats to everyone who had wi today! I got to sign the 20 pound board today!! just barely though, b/c World Market opened here last night and i couldn't resist the olives stuffed with garlic and jalepenos. When I told her about the samples (truth be told, I thought I did pretty good, being they had all kinds of goodies out for us to try! I tried and olive and one tiny piece of DARK chocolate), she chastised me and told me that it takes three days for our bodies to get back into that chemical balance that was burning all that fat! THREE DAYS for two tiny samples!! So no more cheating for me! But I really thought that the olive wasn't that bad b/c I know they are good for you, I guess just not good for this program!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #165  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
Everyone is doing so well! This forum was one of the things that encouraged me to join MRC-seeing everyone's success. I was just curious what everyone's average weight loss per week is? Mine is only about 2.5 each week and I was hoping to be closer to 3, but I am not complaining!
I just did a quick calculation. I'm at 2.22 lbs per week. Slow, but steady
Closed Thread