Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #196  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Hi All! I just got back from wi today, and I was down 4 pounds (and I was wearing jeans!) I am so excited, especially after Monday's 1/2 pound gain. Just the motivation I needed to keep going. I know that this is going to work. Congrats to all who wi in today and thanks for listening!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #197  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Hi All! I just got back from wi today, and I was down 4 pounds (and I was wearing jeans!) I am so excited, especially after Monday's 1/2 pound gain. Just the motivation I needed to keep going. I know that this is going to work. Congrats to all who wi in today and thanks for listening!
Well!!! Congratulations!!!!! Great job!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Goal4life-You are right on target with what you say. We are all overweight because of poor food choices and unhealthy eating habits. I also recognize once we finish the program, the good choices must prevail over the bad or this will be a waste of time. I have not changed my mind on all of that.

However, I still want the option to have a bite here or there knowing that I will immediately be back OP the next day. I think part of this journey, for me has been learning how to say NO and handle situations that I used to allow myself to over eat b/c it was a "special occassion." When you start that, it seems there is one of those occassions every other day. I have to learn how to eat healthy 99% of the time but I also have to learn how to allow myself the occassional treat. I do know what you mean though about food not being my source of entertainment or a social lubricant. That is something I have had to realize as well.

Thank you for your encouragment and wise words. You are an inspiration 66 pounds and NO holiday cheat. Wow

I have another question, have you always been above your idea weight or was that something that recently happened?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #199  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
I have a question, we are hosting my husband's 30th B day party tomorrow and let's say I want to have a few things that are not OP. I have not cheated in 5 weeks so I am going to allow for a few things that evening and then I am right back on program the next morning. What would you guys recommend that would be better choices than others? Also if I am going to have a drink or two, what is the best choice as far as alcohol goes?
I agree with goal4life. I just haven't ever cheated since starting program. It's a slippery slope for me, and I just can't go there. I went through holidays, and my birthday, and even a death.... I just refused to go off plan because I knew that (for me) it would be too hard to come back. I know some people can do the occasional blts (bites, licks, tastes) but not me. I'm not that person. I have also tried to find different ways in which to celebrate other than food (and in other case's, mourn) and it's really been empowering to me.

I wish you the best this weekend, whatever path you take. We're here for you.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #200  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Kristi- I am sorry to hear about your grandmother , when i heard about my mom having cirossis my heart ached so i feel your pain. I will pray for you and yours.

Today is day 4 on plan and i have been doing good ,i weigh in tomm morning so i am hoping i did not gain . When i went off plan and on medical hold i was at 231 so i am hoping to be the same but weighing in less will be
MUCH better. I am off to excersise so i will check in later hope everyone has a great op friday!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #201  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Well I know it has been a long time, but my life has been so hectic lately. Lets see I finally got over my sickness and was so excited to get back on track. Have only dropped 1.5 since last week but that is okay with me given that I have not been able to be 100% OP.
Kristi
I'm so sorry, what a terrible thing to have to go through. My Dad in law recently passed away from Lung cancer and it was (and is) very difficult to deal with. He was stage 4 as well. The most important part, is to enjoy every single moment.... and it sounds like you are.

I'm happy to see your post. If you need anything, we are here. And, congrats on your 1.5 loss... you are doing great. Keep your head up.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #202  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by map08 View Post
(From the last blog site- I didn't know it had moved on already!!)
Boy you guys move fast! I am back from my getting my wisdom teeth out- (OUCH!). I am slowly getting back to eating fully on program. More eggs and less meat still though.

ALSO~ I signed the 10 pound board yesterday! YAY!

1. Does anyone know of cheaper online places to buy protein drinks? I saw mydietshopz dot com, just looking for alternatives.

2. Is unsweetened applesauce okay to substitute for your fruit? It just has apples, water, and Vit C lited as an ingredient?

3. I am not sure what is classified as "hard cheese"- does anyone have a list of tasty new cheeses I can try??
The drinks cost $1.60 each $1.60x3=$ 4.80 if you need 4 it cost $6.40 there drinks have a lot of good things in there I have not found any thing that come closed to theres; think about it are you worth $4.80 or $6.40 a day? You knew when you sign up for the program that that was the one thing they wanted you to buy to protech (YOUR) lean muscle, think back what kind of things did you brought before you started this program a bag of chips what they cost you ? $4.00 -$5.00 what benfits did they give you.

Applesauce (unsweetened) (Motts)
Serving Size: 1 cup; Calories: 50, Total Fat: 0g, Carbs: 12g, Protein: 0g
Applesauce, Fancy Unsweetened (Western Family)
Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Calories: 100, Total Fat: 0g, Carbs: 24g, Protein:

Serving size 1 cup
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 2

Hide Daily Values
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 17g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 13g
Protein 0g

Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 1% Iron 1%
Thiamin 1% Riboflavin 2%
Niacin 1% Pantothenic Acid 1%
Vitamin B6 3% Potassium 4%
Phosphorus 1% Magnesium 2%
Copper 2% %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
now look what applesause has in then look at a apple MRC does have a recipe for applesause it you want applesause and it tated good just ask for it and they will be happy to give to them alos on the hard cheese ask they that what your paying them for is to help you, thats why they have so many differnt class take a few you learn a lot of them later doen the road you cut back then one day you will not need them at all. So you decide on how much your worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #203  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

alexiah I'm still catching up with posts, but it's ggod to see you back and feeling better. I see you drink a lot of water and please be careful as you lose more weight. I was really compulsive about my water and was drinkin upwards of 300 oz each day. I gave up smoking, and stated drinking Diet Pepsi. Gave up Diet Pepsi and started drinking water. I was told to slow it down to no more than 150 oz per day. At first it was really hard, but now i try to stay around 120 each day.
We all have our addictions, mine keeps changing (at least) for the better. Now if I could just become addicted to broccoli and chicken. Hmmm...
Old 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #204  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

I swear I will never get caught up on you guys!!

I know there were some losses a couple of pages back so YAY for you all! And momamto - Kick butt with that 4 lbs. I was down 4 lbs today (after a 1 lb gain Monday) but I took my jeans off. Was feeling really frustrated and did NOT want to be even more so if there wasn't at least a 2 lb loss today. I did keep my shirt on, though. Well... my t-shirt. I have a sweater on so I did take it off. LOL

NWA - I sent you a PM about this but I agree and disagree with some of the replies. There really are some people that can BLT (love that, btw) and keep right on trucking with the plan and then there are those that can't. I'm more along the line of one of those that can't but I do think I'm getting stronger each day on this program so that might change one day. I'm too early in my "treatment" for me to test that and I'm scared poopless about my trip to Vegas. I fully intend on sticking to my food choices but I also know that I am going to drink. I have been planning this girls weekend since December so I am allowing myself the alcohol. That may or may not be a good idea and we will see when I get back how it effected me and if I will ever let myself do that again. But, I did ask my center about it and they said that if I am going to drink, try and stick with rum and mix it with something diet, caffeine free if I can get. Also to have a glass a water for every drink to help keep from retaining fluid.

Ok, I have to get back to work. I was just home for lunch and wanted to update my tickers (only 3 more lbs until the St. Patty's goal! Woohoo!) and check in with you all. With my gain from Monday, I am down 3 lbs this week so feeling better.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #205  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I agree with goal4life. I just haven't ever cheated since starting program. It's a slippery slope for me, and I just can't go there. I went through holidays, and my birthday, and even a death.... I just refused to go off plan because I knew that (for me) it would be too hard to come back. I know some people can do the occasional blts (bites, licks, tastes) but not me. I'm not that person. I have also tried to find different ways in which to celebrate other than food (and in other case's, mourn) and it's really been empowering to me.

I wish you the best this weekend, whatever path you take. We're here for you.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I am actually having second thoughts about that cheese dip or rather figuring out a way to have some OP treats...If that is possible.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #206  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

cargirl- I hear you about the water as i stated before my doc had me cut down because i got really ill so i am doing my best to try and keep it to where i fell good and not sick, thanks for the advice.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #207  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I am actually having second thoughts about that cheese dip or rather figuring out a way to have some OP treats...If that is possible.
I really hope that I (or anyone else for that matter) came across as "preachy" because we all really do care. I think you just need to do what works best for you. And, it's just really important to me that you know that regardless of what decision you make, we aren't going to judge you. It's all about the individual, you know? And, I can't wait to hear how that party was on Monday!!! Here are a couple of ideas for the party.... They are from previous posts.

Mock Margarita
Blend together:
1/2 container crystal light lemon lime drink
1 pkg strawberry kiwi HNS
1 cup ice
12 ounces water
4 oz Sprite Zero
Makes2 8 oz servings
replaces 1/2 HNS

Dreamsicle - Vanilla Shake, Orange HNS
Pina Colada - Vanilla Shake, Pineapple Cocktail HNS and coconut extract
Peaches and Cream - Vanilla Shake, Peach Mango HNS
Purple Cow - Vanilla Shake, Grape HNS
Rootbeer Float - Vanilla Shake, rootbeer extract
Lemon Drop - Vanilla Shake, Lemon HNS
French Vanilla - Vanilla Shake, Cappucinno HNS
Kahlua and Cream - Vanilla Shake, Cappucinno HNS, Kahlua extract
Raspberry Mocha - Chocolate Shake, coffee extract, sugarfree raspberry syrup
Mounds - Chocolate Shake, coconut extract
Almond Joy - Chocolate Shake, coconut extract, almond extract
French Silk - Chocolate Shake, Vanilla Creme HNS
Orange Tootsie Pop - Chocolate Shake, Orange HNS
Banana Split - Chocolate Shake, Strawberry Banana Jello HNS
Chocolate Berry Passion - Chocolate Shake, Wildberry Passion HNS
Turtle - Chocolate Shake, sugarfree caramel syrup
Chocolate Mint - Chocolate Shake, mint extract
Mudslide - Chocolate Shake, Cappuccino HNS, Kahlua extract
Chocolate Suicide - Chocolate Shake, Double Chocolate HNS
Chocolate Covered Cherries - Chocolate Shake, cherry extract

veggie dip
I blend up a 24oz container of C.C. in the blender with a packet of any powdered dip or dressing packet (hidden valley ranch, onion soup mix or this week I made a garlic herb packet). I use it for dip for veggies. Another idea is to put some seasoning into the C.C. Makes a different flavor. I use any number of Mrs. Dash combinations for this.

Green French Fries – suggested by Nan11
1 bag frozen green string beans
Favorite seasoning (garlic, Mrs. Dash, Lemon Pepper)
Pre-heat oven to 375
Spray Pam on cookie sheet
Place however many green beans you want on the sheet
Sprinkle with Seasoning
Bake in over for 30-45 minutes (you want the frozen beans to go from frozen to wilty to crispy, so keep an eye on them after about 20 minutes)
When they begin to look 'crispy', turn on your broiler and broil until they begin to look like they are curling (like french fries)
Remove and eat.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #208  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post

On Wednesday of last week our family just found that my grandma has colon cancer and that it has metasisized (SP) to her liver. We have been at the hospital so much and let me tell you there food is not the best to choose from. She underwent surgery on Wednesday of this week to remove the cancer from the colon, which went good. The cancer is stage 4 so we are just focusing now on making her life as enjoyable as possilbe with the kids, sister's wedding, family dinner's, easter, etc.

This has been really hard with me to deal with as my grandma is like my mom to me. She means the world to me and to see her suffer if breaking my heart. I am glad to report though that I have not strayed from program. I think my weight loss has slowed because I have not been able to exercise and my water intake has decreased along with my HNS consumption. I am going to try to refocus and get back on track.

Thanks for letting me vent.....CONGRATs to all the weight losses....you are all so amazing and deserve to be told so!!!!!

Kristi
So sorry to hear Kristi. I've been through it too. My grandparents raised my brother and I. My grandpa passed away last New Years Day from cancer. I pray things will improve for your grandma... I know how painful it is. Cancer is rampant in my family from all sides - another reason I decided to lose weight and take better care of me - my children need that.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #209  

I have always had the opinion that you can't fault anyone for speaking the truth and that is exactly what you guys are doing. I don't think of it as preachy at all. I am a pretty straight forward person so I can actually appreciate a straight to the point message. I am weighing my choices. I know I can choose not to have anything off program. I guess I will see what I feel like then. Since the party will be at my house, I have options.

Is anyone else ready to get the heck outta the office. Time has been dragging by today.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #210  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Congrats! That is awesome!!
Closed Thread