Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #91  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
rockijames and gottagetfit - Every single one of us on here has hit a plateau - my first one was about a month after I started. (Well, I don't know that donuts ever hit a plateau, but I think all us girls have! ) (And I think I speak for us all - because I was avidly reading about everyone else's plateaus on here at that time.) Your body is taking all of those fat cells and filling them up with water right now - then will just deflate and off will fall the pounds. The guarantee with MRC is that if you follow the plan, they guarantee that you will lose the weight - and that's exactly what they mean!!! They will stick with you and help you figure out exactly what to do to maximize your weight loss! I remember the frustration when I plateaued (and I think I had three big ones along the way), but you guys just stick with it! It really does work.

Well put Kathy!! I would like to add that a plateau means your body is gearing up for another big loss. Sam was the queen of plateau's (pre-baby ). She would stay steady for 3 weeks, then have a great loss like 8 lbs! Stick with it and don't give in. Just push through it.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #92  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Ketone Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Oh, and if anyone can explain the ketosis stuff a little better, I know I'm not the only one that would appreciate it!
Hi angierue,
Sorry if someone already answered this (I'm trying to catch up on the posts). When I asked about the strips I was told to try to use them the same time each day - like when you first wake up. She said not to check after a meal because it will come back negative. (I'm guessing - and only guessing here - that maybe our bodies are working on the food just ingested instead of the fat stores?? Anybody else know?)
So I tested the theory by checking a few times per day and during the day it would be negative, but when I first woke up it would be either trace or small. (don't want more than small)
Also, one work night I didn't get to eat dinner, so I ate when I got home and then went to bed. When I woke up the ketone strip showed negative. Counselor said it was because my body was still working on the meal.
Hope that is of help.
Keep up the great workout!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #93  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

meemo - Congratualtions Grandma!! I'm thrilled for you!!
Mommato3 - Wow, that is a huge victory! Congratulations on your one of many behavior changes. Doesn't it feel great?!
Alexia - welcome back! How is your mom doing?

Great discussions going on here. I love the why questions. Mine was simply not taking care of me - a classic female traite. When I started journaling and working with a nutritionlist (pre-MRC), we discovered I would typically go over 7 hours without eating. Of course, when your so hungry, you just grab anything. My will power is super strong IF I eat every 4 - 5 hours. When I get hungry, the demons come out and I have to fight hard to stay on plan. I've discovered, if I take care of me, I can take care of others better. It's uncomfortable some times to say "sorry, I can't be there for another hour", but if I eat 1st, I do a much better job! I was 20 min late for a contract writing last night. My husband went ahead of me and got started. When I showed up they were all teasing me - DH told them I had to eat first! It didn't take long for the conversation to turn - how great I looked, what am I doing, etc. They can tease all they want, but I know I wouldn't have been focused enough to write a good contract if I had waited until 9:30 to eat!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #94  
Lori

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Can't believe that is my ticker!!! Just had to share! You all have to believe it will happen for you! What a feeling! I will be even happier when it has been a year and I am still at this weight!
Woohoo Congratulations!!!!!! I can't wait to be where you are!!! I know that has to be the most awesome feeling!!

Each week I can't wait to move my ticker down. Sometimes after I'm done reading the posts I go to my ticker and just stare at it and think, "Remember how miserable I was when I first started? Wow, it's great to be where I am now, but can't wait till the finish!" (I know, a little sick but....)

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #95  
Lori

Smile Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Our local PTO provided a "hospitality room" for all the teachers during testing and I DID NOT EVEN GO INTO THAT ROOM! WooHoo! I knew that if I went in, the temptation would be hard. Before, I would have been first in line and chosen one of everything ('cause I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!). So, I am feeling "empowered" that I was able to make a good choice today. And shouldn't we just work on one day at a time?! Thanks for listening.
Congratulations on clearing that hurdle so beautifully!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #96  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'm WAY behind (after spending about 36 hrs at the hospital w/my daughter & son-in-law but they have a beautiful baby girl to show for it ).
Congratulations Grandma!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #97  
Lori

Lightbulb Calorie Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
This is absolutely a calorie based program. It works because they make up the menus so that most of us won't get hungry on what is essentially a low-calorie program, and because the addition of the HNS helps keep hunger & cravings at bay.
Meemo,
have you actually counted the calories you eat in a day...comparing on program to maintenance? I'm curious because I counted my calories the other day and it was between 800 - 900. I didn't realize we were eating that few of calories - I'm usually not a fan of anything below 1200/day.
Just curious.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #98  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Can't believe that is my ticker!!! Just had to share! You all have to believe it will happen for you! What a feeling! I will be even happier when it has been a year and I am still at this weight!
How long did it take you to lose the weight?
Yay!!!! For you!!! I wanna be like you!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks to everyone that is celebrating with me!! This board rocks- I know I could not have done this without all of you! Meemo- congrats on the new granddaughter!

Blueyedangel: I started at the end of Sept. It went by so fast- you will be there before you know it! Stay strong!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #100  
Crystal

Quote:
My issue prior to joining MRC was that I didn't eat regular meals, then when I would I ended up eating too much and making bad decisions about it (ie wouldn't eat breakfast and lunch, but would get home and have 2 plates of pasta and ice cream, etc...)
THIS is my problem!!! I'm still preconditioning until this Friday. But, learning to eat 3x a day and drink has been so hard for me. I've never ate like that or drank enough. In my head it would make me gain...but I haven't! I've wi twice and both times my weight has been the same as when I enrolled. I'm so anxious to start losing!!!! You've done amazing!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Hey there everyone....I'm looking for a little support. I did really great for quite a while when I started MRC, and now, I can't seem to find my motivation anymore. I am very sad and depressed about this. I have found myself falling into old habits, which makes me feel like I'm more on a diet than making life changes.

What can I do to get back on track?

Ever since I had the flu a few weeks ago - I just haven't been able to get back to eating right and working out.

I can do o.k. for a couple of days, but then I just grab a piece of candy like it's nothing....as if it's o.k. for me to do that...even though I know better. I also have been doing a lot of socializing on the weekends, and drinking that dreaded beer. I know I'm not supposed to drink beer...yet I continue to do it. I just get so mad at myself for not having the willpower that I need to do this.

I still have 40+ lbs. to lose, and then be able to maintain that forever. I'm freaking out about maintaining and so scared to get it all back.

I know my words seem to contradict themselves....what do you think is going on inside my mind?!?

I just need some inspiration, or something.

I am already on anti-depressants, so I'm just not sure why I'm so down.

Thanks for listening. You are a great group here.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #102  
Crystal

Hey there ZACKSMOM Looks like you started this about the same time as me & 3monkeysmomma... I'll be a cheerleader for you too!!

They say I can lose 52 pounds before July 4!!! I SO hope so... We'll be traveling to Texas in August - to visit "the sister in law" and other family. I just wanna look better than her! LOL She's not always been very nice. It's great motivation for me! LOL

I just wanted to add... My name is Crystal if you would rather call me that. :-)

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-05-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #103  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

shineon= My mom is doing well thank you so much for asking! As for all of you that have continued to stay op and have great losses CONGRATS! I cant wait to be able to tell my success story. Well i have managed to stay op today (well so far) I am really having a hard time with cravings today! I dont know why im having such a bad day i think it is because i have stayed home allday with my little ones and all the snacks they want i want too! I just had an hns so i hope to feel better soon any advice today has been day 2 for me and i feel like its gonna be a long week..
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #104  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

As far as eating habits. . . My parents allowed us to have a "dessert" every night and did not push us to eat fruit. I had a lot of food allergies, so my food was limited. When I was in 11th grade and had worked myself down to a size 8 when BANG! I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I was put on steroids and eventually was up to 60 mg of steroids. Every time they would try to taper it down, the disease would get worse. I gained about 80 lbs. Not good as a teenager. THEN, I went into remission in Spring of my senior year. I came out of remission right before going off to college.
College was out of town and I kept getting worse. A crazy doctor put me immediately on 60 mg of steroids. I came home for Christmas 50 lbs. heavier. In between my sophomore and junior years I got so sick they thought I would die. My mom got me into MAYO and they tried experimental stuff for a month and then decided they had to remove my colon. At that time I was 250 lbs. The only things I could eat was jello and pretzels.
Well. I spent another 6 months on steroids. Had a temporary ileostomy closed up and tried to lose weight. I was a coaching major, but they would not let me use any equipment because of legal liability stuff. I walked and stretched.
I had gotten down to 170 lbs when I got married, but my dad died the following year and I began some emotional eating. I gained about 30 lbs.

My main problem is trying to eat healthy. With all of my health problems the doctors tell me what not to eat (usually everything that is healthy: vegetables, fruits, etc.). They want me to eat white bread, not wheat, etc. I was heading to a dietitian when I decided to go to MRC. I can only eat about 1/4 of the things on the beige menu. I have had to be creative. When out and about I eat Stage 1 green beans and Stage 2 apples and blueberries baby food. Believe it or not, since I began this, I have been healthier and had more energy than I have had in a long time. I can only have cooked apples or peaches and bananas. I can only eat broccoli, cauliflower and green beans if they are cooked to mush.

OK, here is my point MRC has helped me to see I CAN eat healthy. Before MRC my life was mostly starches, because they are easier to digest. Now I know how to eat healthy. I will probably eat baby food for the rest of my life.

As far as depression, I was on Cymbalta for a while last year (mostly because I went into temporary menopause because I was on Depot Lupron shots) and started going to counseling. I worked through 2 wonderful books. One is called "Boundaries". It helps you create healthy boundaries with families, friends, etc. and ensures that you understand how to respect other's boundaries. The other book has a hokey title: Ten Days To Self Esteem". This book gave me about 10 tools to choose from to help me redirect my thoughts to more rational and logical thinking. Of course, I went slower than "ten days", but it was worth it. I am presently reading "Managing You Emotions" by Joyce Meyer. She has written many thoughts that have helped me, too.

Sorry so long. Don't know if I have ever shared the above info with y'all before. I am so encouraged how you all persevere through difficulties and stick with the MRC plan. You give me hope that I can do it, too.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #105  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I also battle depression, I have tried every antidepressant under the sun, they just don't help me any so I quit trying to find the miracle one. I learned to just fight it head on when it comes. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. This last time I didn't win and now I am crawling up out of the ashes but notice "crawling up" being the key. Imho I totally think depression has something to do with it, if you are like me I eat when I am depressed, I don't care, I don't move my body anymore than necessary, I don't care, I sleep anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day because I don't care. Those are the times when that depression monster wins.

The times when I win this is how...I exercise more as soon as I feel it coming on it really helps it go away, I find something new to be interested in (its amazing how much redecorating I have done to my house), I make some sort of change, something to look forward to etc. I gained 85 in one year while I was going through the worst depression of my life,(gained more since then) I have been trying to get it off ever since, that was about 7 years ago.

I think that alone is enough of a reason to have weight problems, I also don't think there has to be any giant hidden secret to why we are depressed in the first place. Some people have reasons why, things that happened to them. But I think some people are just born to be that way, maybe a chemical embalance or something but definatley born that way, and then there are those that are both, they were born that way and they had stuff happen.
Sorry I tend to rattle sometimes.

3monkeysmomma

3monkeysmomma~
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. That is what I love about this board. We can come to each other and just say whatever is on our hearts and minds, and someone will respond with "just the right words." It is so nice to know that we are not going through this alone. And you don't rattle!!! You made me look at things in a new way, and that's what I needed today! I think that you and I probably have a lot in common.
Closed Thread