Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #106  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

OreoParent - Wow, thank you for sharing your story. I knew you had health problems, but it really makes you look at things differently. All I have to do is battle my head about healthy eating. You have so much more to deal with and you still manage to stay on program. You were one of the people who truly inspired me when I first started - you still do!

Hi Raemi13! I love your honesty and vulnerability. All I can say is you have to want to be healthy and I know you do. This is a natural rebellion, so you're going to have to kick your own butt I think it was Donuts that said be careful about going off plan, it's a slippery slope. And yet, a lot of people can indulge here and there and be perfectly fine - like Meemo. I've gone off during the cruises and during the packing/moving process. It's tough going back, but this is the way it will be for the rest of our lives. We'll get more food choices on maintenance, but we'll always need to make good choices. It's ok to go off plan once in a while. The true success is how quickly you get back on! So, just start from the basics. Record every morsal - even if you pop a candy in your mouth. Record you water intake and exercise. Go to the center TWICE a week. Re-take some of the basic classes. Its like riding a bike sister you'll get back on and the last 40 lbs will fly bye. I know you can do it
Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #107  
Gina

Raemi13 - one more thing - look how close you are to ONE-DER-LAND. Push, push, push through it. We're here for you!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 249/240/150

Height: 5'4

I understand what you are saying as I also have always had a irregular eating pattern...mistakenly thinking that when I skipped breakfast I was 'saving' calories. The only thing I can say is that I think you sort of have to put blinders on and just dig thru this to get to your thin self on the other side. Persevere! Rewards will come!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #109  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Ok ladies i just got done walking/running and i feel great! I made it thru today afterall and thats awsome i guess its just one day at a time right?

Raemi- I know exactly how you feel, i am in the same boat so lets get thru this together you have always been so helpful to me let me be there for you,WE CAN DO THIS and you know what we deserve to be thinner,happier,and healthier. You are in my prayers...have a good night everyone i will check in tomm morning.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #110  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
My main problem is trying to eat healthy. With all of my health problems the doctors tell me what not to eat (usually everything that is healthy: vegetables, fruits, etc.). They want me to eat white bread, not wheat, etc. I was heading to a dietitian when I decided to go to MRC. I can only eat about 1/4 of the things on the beige menu. I have had to be creative. When out and about I eat Stage 1 green beans and Stage 2 apples and blueberries baby food. Believe it or not, since I began this, I have been healthier and had more energy than I have had in a long time. I can only have cooked apples or peaches and bananas. I can only eat broccoli, cauliflower and green beans if they are cooked to mush.
oreoparent,
bless your heart, do you realize how incredible you are? You have TONS more to face than most people and you are still able to be strong enough to lose that much weight and you are are still trucking along? Wow! You could totaly write a book when you reach your goal, you could call it "No Excuses" you have a like a million legit excuses and you choose to not quit and use any of them, if you can do it seriously anyone can.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #111  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
Hey there everyone....I'm looking for a little support. I did really great for quite a while when I started MRC, and now, I can't seem to find my motivation anymore. I am very sad and depressed about this. I have found myself falling into old habits, which makes me feel like I'm more on a diet than making life changes.

What can I do to get back on track?

Ever since I had the flu a few weeks ago - I just haven't been able to get back to eating right and working out.

I can do o.k. for a couple of days, but then I just grab a piece of candy like it's nothing....as if it's o.k. for me to do that...even though I know better. I also have been doing a lot of socializing on the weekends, and drinking that dreaded beer. I know I'm not supposed to drink beer...yet I continue to do it. I just get so mad at myself for not having the willpower that I need to do this.

I still have 40+ lbs. to lose, and then be able to maintain that forever. I'm freaking out about maintaining and so scared to get it all back.

I know my words seem to contradict themselves....what do you think is going on inside my mind?!?

I just need some inspiration, or something.

I am already on anti-depressants, so I'm just not sure why I'm so down.

Thanks for listening. You are a great group here.

I just wanted to give you a little bit of love. I'm going to tell you that I have had quite a time with the weight loss until now. It seemed like everything was against me. As soon as I would get into a groove and be going to the gym and monitoring my food, something would happen that would interrupt my flow. I was in a great groove last year and my husband and I went on vacation by ourselves, (WHICH HAD NEVER HAPPENED!!! not even a honeymoon) and I gave myself all kind of reasons to cheat and be bad. And then I got back on track and then I got sick. And then I was doing good again, and I fell and hit my head. I always had an excuse. It's been the accountability and the money that I've spent that's given me motivation this time. And I'm not going to mess this one up. I've dealt with a lot of depression and it's taken some time to figure out the meds that work for me. I had tried so many and now my super fantastic doctor figured out what worked for me. But I know that there is a good possibility that the meds will have to be adjusted again at some point. And I guess that what I'm getting to. It may be time to try some new meds. Talk to your doctor, if you have a good one that you can really cry to and talk to. If not, you should try to find one! I know what you are going through, I have only had my meds balanced out for six months or so and I feel like a different person. I have to take a mix of Zoloft and Wellbutrin to give me the appropriate levels of energy.

So I'm sending hugs and reassurance that this can be done. I have seen my entire family fall apart over the past year and a half and I am doing it. God never gives us more than we can handle. I am a firm believer of that. There have been times that I thought I would not make it, but I want to be healthy for my hubby and my kids, but mostly for me. I want to be a great grandma. And I want to be damn hot being that great grandma!! Just remember what you want. What you need. HOW MUCH MONEY YOU'VE SPENT!!!

BIG HUGS!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Raemi13-
I agree with some of the other posts- you should take a good look at the situation and think about what motivated you to begin the program. Find what is the biggest reason for you to become more healthy and keep that in mind. I have a few post-it notes stuck in places ("Be Healthy!" on the food cupboard, etc.) that help me. Also, I think of the time and money I have dedicated to this and I don't even want to touch a brownie!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

alexiah- can i ask how much exercise you are doing? I have cut back because i just got way to tired and hungry. Thinking about how few calories I am eating, I am having trouble finding a middle ground. (Getting enough but not too much!)
Old 03-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #114  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Okay. I know there are tons of posts I'd like to comment on, but I'm starting with today and will just keep up from here. I took notes so here goes!

Kristie..I thought you went to Citrus Park b/c you're in Temple Terrace so I didn't even mention that I go to Brandon, but I surely do! We should meet up there someday. I try to go Monday and Thursday but end up going Saturday mornings a lot just to check in. I agree, I REALLY love the girls there but they are so damn perky I just laugh most of the time! They are so motivational I think, but I'm getting a bit tired of them trying to "sell" more stuff to me! UGH! Good luck with the cravings. It's hard, but we get through it.

Christie..You will be that hot grandma someday! That reminds me of the movie "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and how the girlfriend was a "hot grandma".
I'm glad you have your meds straightened out and that even though you've had a tough road lately, you're still keeping at it.

Oreoparent..WOW. You've had some horrible health issues and you're still sticking to it! That is so awesome. I'm glad you were able to find foods that work for you. I wondered why you couldn't have salads, but now I understand. How hard that must be with not many food choices, but I'm glad you're doing MRC and being able to eat healthier.

Raemi..Just keep your chin up. YOU CAN DO THIS and like our center always says "YOU DESERVE THIS"! Keep posting here for more encouragement. This is such a great group.

Crystal..YAY for looking better than SIL. That is too funny. I have a neighbor who I call my "perfect neighbor" and I'd like to look better than her. Since I have a better personality, just a slight change in my figure should do the trick! (she's not always very nice either, although I really just think she's not happy, but that's another story all together).

Kathy..Thanks for the post on plateaus. I know that's probably my issue right now, but I've been here at the same weight for at least a week now (down a pound and back up again). I'll WI tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be back on track.

Shineon..Yes, we have to worry about taking care of ourselves first. We have to be happy in order to help others be happy. Thanks for the diabetes and caffeine info. I, too, have a family history of diabetes and had Gestational Diabetes with both pregnancies. My grandpa passed away 12/31 due to complications, my dad has diabetes, my other grandpa had diabetes and my step-father died almost a year ago b/c of diabetes issues as well. That's my main motivation for starting MRC. Thanks for reminding me how important it is to follow the rules. I know they're given for a reason.

Meemo..Congrats on your new grandaughter. Can you tell us her name?? I'm so glad you got to be there for her birth. My mom was there for both of my girls labor/delivery and I'm so glad she got to be a part of it. Thanks for the caffeine info. I'm not really sure if it's the caffeine, or just the coffee. What decaf do you like? I think I have Foldgers @ work (can't remember, really).

Keri..Wow, it seems a lot of people here suffer from depression. I hope you have the proper care and meds if you need them. I don't think there has to be a specific reason that we gain weight or can't stay away from food. I started gaining in college b/c I wasn't as physically active any more and it just went on from there. I think once I was out of high school I didn't really care what others thought of how I looked and I loved to eat, so that's what I did. I'm sure there may be some underlying issues, but I really don't think that those issues CAUSED me to gain weight. I think, for me, there were probably issues that caused me to NOT LOSE the weight. Things that stopped me from following through. I'm glad I have that mostly under control now. YUCK about those tests. We have the FCATS here in Florida. I hope your kids didn't stress too much. I know how much pressure there is on those tests these days due to budget cuts and educational spending.

Goal4Life..Great pics on your blog. You look great. I need to get some "before" pics taken. I had dh take some but they were of me in my panties (covering my top area), so I don't think I'll share them on a blog!

Nickie..I have a note here that says "WIN OVER DEPRESSION". Oh, yea..keep winning (I went back and read your posts). Keep winning and keep buying those earrings. Redecorate your house as many times as you need to! Just keep up the great work!

Alexia..I'm glad you're getting back on track. Did you take the kids with you jogging/running? I'm glad the day got better for you.

Okay..I'll post again with my daily update..This is long enough.

Rocki

Last edited by Rocki; 03-05-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #115  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default My Personal Update and NSV

Hi again. Now that I'm done posting back to everyone I wanted to post a little about what I've been doing.

I've been really good and OP this week (after several days of cheating from Thursday to Saturday). I will WI tomorrow morning and hope to be down under 160. If I'm not I'll go back Saturday morning b/c I told them on Monday that I wanted to be 159 by the end of the week. By golly, if I have to get there on Saturday, I will!

I tried the Ziploc steam bags and really loved them. I put in turkey breast, spinach leaves, mushrooms, sea salt and onion powder. It turned out really great! I'll be using them a lot (especially at work b/c it cooks so much better in the microwave than just putting your food in a bowl or on a plate). Everything was moist and tasty.

Oh, where can you buy safflower oil? I see that in the cookbook but I couldn't find it at Publix tonight. I've been marking the recipes I want to try and went shopping to get extra ingredients that I didn't have in the house.
I also tried the Diet Rite soda and I really like it. The cola is good and I love the tangerine. I had 2 cans today (one was only 8oz) but I'll probably stick to no more than 1 a day or every other day.

Does everyone here take their max HNS, and if so, do you notice a difference when you don't? I have been trying to get 4 in, but does it really help you lose weight faster? They say it burns 300 calories, but really, how does that work?

Ok..here's my NSV for the day. I tried the spinning class at my gym. I am SO SUPER EXCITED because I made it through the whole hour long class. Now, mind you, I didn't do all the up/down, fast/slow that the instructor did, but I did do a lot of it and I stayed on the bike, pedaling for the full hour. My goal was to get to 30 minutes and then leave if I felt I had to, but after 30 minutes I just pushed on and made it through. I really enjoyed it and will try to do it a couple of times per week. However, is it really good/healthy to have your heart rate up that high for such extended periods of time? I know my target HR for fat burning is 131-140 and doing the class it was up around 167 for a good portion of an hour. Any thoughts on that?

Ok..gotta go sleep now. Take care all and I'll post after WI tomorrow morning (if not before).to everyone!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #116  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

I just have a few minutes because I really need to get to bed if I'm going to get my lazy butt out of bed at 5:30am to meet with the trainer in the morning but I just wanted to say that I love this group!!! Everyone brings some special and unique to this group and being able to open up and share with each other is such a great feeling. I've actually read a few of the other forums and I see a lot of, "well you should do it this way" and "you're doing it wrong" type of stuff and I don't see that here. I just wish I could give every single one of you a hug!

Ok, off to bed. I'm sure you all will be on page 15 before I can check in again tomorrow. That's another of the things I love about y'all! You talk just as much as I do!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #117  
Gina

Quote:
Does everyone here take their max HNS, and if so, do you notice a difference when you don't? I have been trying to get 4 in, but does it really help you lose weight faster? They say it burns 300 calories, but really, how does that work?
rockijames - I'm not a fan of all the extras' - I keep it really simple. I take my own multi vitamin, flax seed and MSM. However, I do max out on the HNS. It is the lowest caloric and no fat way to get extra protein in. That will keep your metobolism revered up and burnin' fat! There's my two cents
Old 03-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #118  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Someone was talking about leg cramps, I had those once and my doctor said usually two things can cause them, dehydration (which I doubt any on this board has that) and lack of potassium. You might try adding potassium supplements daily.

Also I just discovered the blog here. I signed up and started one. Never blogged before. Anyway I was wondering if any of you have a blog and if you do-do you post your daily diet? I thought how interesting it would be to see what everyone else is eating, maybe we could learn new ideas from each other etc. I realize I probably have alot more time on my hands than alot of you since I don't work, so alot of you may not have time I don't know, but I thought it would be interesting.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #119  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Safflower Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Oh, where can you buy safflower oil? I see that in the cookbook but I couldn't find it at Publix tonight.

Does everyone here take their max HNS, and if so, do you notice a difference when you don't?

I tried the spinning class at my gym. I am SO SUPER EXCITED because I made it through the whole hour long class.
Hi Rocki,
In Publix look in the Greenwise section. I found a small, box shaped bottle with a yellow flip top - brand name is Hain.

Extra info incase you need: There's a recipe for a Choco Frosty and it uses chocolate flavored soda (used with the double choc. pudding and ice). The soda is in the diabetic food area, Publix has Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda and choc. cherry flavor. It's flavored with aspartame and has zero everything. I'll post the recipe on the other thread.

I max on the HNS for hunger purposes and because it's a sweet tasting something I get to have 4 times a day. Started on 4 from the begining, so not sure what it's like without it. Stopped the MAC for about a week and noticed that I was hungrier without it - so I bought a new bottle today.

Congratulations on making it through the whole class!! That is a great accomplishment! Don't think I would have made it through. Regarding the HR, next time you go to class, maybe check with the person leading it before you start. I believe they usually have you slow the intensity of your workout to stay within that target range. (Haven't used my Denise Austin tapes in awhile, but I think she told us to slow it down if it was too high)

Keep up the great work! We'll be there in no time!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #120  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Fantastic news!!! I know you are thrilled
Thanks - and yes we are - she's a beauty, 9 lbs & a head full of dark, curly hair. There's just nothing sweeter than a newborn baby.
Closed Thread