Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take X!

We finally hit page 10!! Let's keep it going.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

I really really tried to catch up on reading the last page....but I just can't do it tonight...maybe tomorrow...or some other time. I wanted to give you all a short update. I have a doctor's appt. on Monday to check everything out and if all looks/sounds good then we'll announce to the world after that. We're excited and I can't believe I'm almost through my first trimester. I am excited to have less than 200 days left in this pregnancy (thats a big number to watch tick down). I'll come back Monday and let you all know how the doc's appt goes. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #3  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you Meemo, Raemi13, and Venvix for your encouraging replies. I have an appointment at 10 AM tomorrow (Saturday) morning at the center closest to my house...

It really sounds like this might work, I hope its affordable!! I'm almost back up to my highest weight ever and I really don't want to be this way anymore... the woman on the phone was really nice.

MSTeacher, way to go on the pants story. Size 18! I have some wonderful size 18s in a box in my garage, I'd LOOOVE to wear them sometime in the next year. I'm about a 24/26 right now.

I'll report in sometime over the weekend and let you know how the consultation went. I'm encouraged to have heard a bit about it ahead of time though, I have been a little scared.

thanks again.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Hooray Sam!!! One trimester down - 2 to go! It gets better!!! And thank you for starting the new thread!

I went to WI yesterday & gained this week - ugh! I have had a lot of stress this past week and ate off plan - and ate out a lot which means salty chicken... Which in turn means water retention for me. I am on a fish for four meals weekend... I have not had the energy to excercise. Last night I had about 3 hours of sleep so I am hanging on by a thread right now. At least I am getting in my water and more HNS today, as well as 3 healthy meals - no take out or hospital food! Woo-hoo!! I am hoping to go in Monday with a 6 pound loss - which will make up for my gain plus some. A 7 or 8 pound loss would be awesome, but I have to be realistic. Is it possible to lose that much in so little time?

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Good luck this weekend everyone!!!

Last edited by losingweightnow; 02-15-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Sam so glad that you came back and gave us a update. BABY WATCH 2008 is well underway!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #6  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

It was a good day for me--got to sign the 20 pound board *YEA* Things like that really keep me motivated to stay OP. My clothes are starting to feel a bit looser which is a wonderful feeling.
Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #7  

O K Nearest and Dearest new friends, I need help!! I just went to my first food class tonight and I am freaking out, I spent another $60.00 on protein drinks and I feel overwhelmed by all of the guidelines I have to remember. No gel toothpaste??? I know I am used to Weight Watchers which I had trouble sticking with so it didn't work for me, but this scares me, it seems so limiting. They even forgot to weigh me. I am concerned about the artificial sweetners in the drinks, and to be honest it bothers me that not one person who was working there tonight has ever struggled with a weight problem. I know I sound negative but I just don't want this to be another scam. Does everyone take all of the supplements? Will the diet become more varied over time? I know I have been sick all week so I am probably a little stressed anyway Thanks for listening!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #8  
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash 08 View Post
O K Nearest and Dearest new friends, I need help!! I just went to my first food class tonight and I am freaking out, I spent another $60.00 on protein drinks and I feel overwhelmed by all of the guidelines I have to remember. No gel toothpaste??? I know I am used to Weight Watchers which I had trouble sticking with so it didn't work for me, but this scares me, it seems so limiting. They even forgot to weigh me. I am concerned about the artificial sweetners in the drinks, and to be honest it bothers me that not one person who was working there tonight has ever struggled with a weight problem. I know I sound negative but I just don't want this to be another scam. Does everyone take all of the supplements? Will the diet become more varied over time? I know I have been sick all week so I am probably a little stressed anyway Thanks for listening!
I believe that in order for them to work there they have to have gone through the program themselves. Also - they are required to keep food sheets, weigh in, and maintain as well. SO - they do know what it's like. I have used gel toothpaste the entire time - no problems with that at all. This program isn't limiting at all. There is still a lot to eat and it's all good. People I've told I am eating healthy are surprised that I still eat bread and fruit. If you drank any diet sodas - there are artificial sweetners in those as well... This program does work. If you have any questions - always turn to your center. You pay the to teach you how to eat healthy!

And - yes - this is overwhelming in the beginning. Any lifestyle change is, but you can do this! You will find your groove and everything will fall into place. Keep your chin up!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/188/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I have only been on this for 21 days and have lost 8.5 lbs and 15 inches. It really does work. The first 10 days are the hardest, when you get the the green menu on day 11 there will be many more choices. I ate chili for lunch today! You just have to get creative. On Take IX of the MRC thread is a great discussion of a typical days meals for alot of people that have been doing his for a while. It will give you an idea of what is to come. Stick with it, it is not a scam.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #10  
Amy

Quote:
Just have to add that you do not have to buy everything they sell. Start small. Once you get your groove then you will know what you need - and what you don't need. This is not something to rush into. Every purchase I make there is well thought out. Sometimes I will stand at the counter for 10-15 minutes trying to decide on trying something new, or going back to something old... Then walk out with nothing. It's ok to not buy everytime you walk in. Take your time, one step at a time. You have already made a huge decision, take time to let everything sink in. This will work and you can do this!

Ok - I'm done - for now .
Old 02-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #11  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

I went to my food instruction class tonight as well. And only $60? You got off easy. My total was $197 but I honestly bought a TON of stuff. I left with 10 boxes of HNS's, 3 boxes of the fiber mix, a box of the strawberry banana jello, a box of the chicken bullion, the liquid minerals and a bottle of multivitamins. I was a little shocked at the total but considering I was spending roughly $50 a week eating out and I'm not doing that much anymore, I think it will be worth it. If it all helps me stick to this program and lose this weight, I'd pay more.

I guess there's one nice bonus about being fatter than a lot of people... I got to start on the beige menu which is apparently very similar to the green menu. I can do the beige (it's basically what I've been doing the last week anyway) but that yellow menu looked harsh!

Oh, and when we weighed me I was down another pound from yesterday bringing my total to 7.5 lbs in 8 days. Considering I didn't even start my preconditioning menu until Sunday, I'm kind of shocked!

I toured a gym today. It's brand new and has a LOT of great equipment, classes, a pool, sauna, steam room, etc. It's $49 a month. I think I'd like to sign up but I'm not sure just yet. I'm meeting with them again on Monday (it's actually for work) and I'm going to talk to them a little more I think. I want to join a gym but I've done that stuff before and then gone for a week and stopped. My problem is time. I know I won't get up early enough to do it in the morning. I'm a night owl by nature. But they are only open until 10pm. I work until 5-5:30'ish. I have a puppy that I keep crated during the day so I really hate making her stay in there for too long. I get home, change clothes, take her to the dog park or for a walk and then eat dinner. By the time all that is said and done, it's damn near 9pm. Ugh...

Wow, sorry. I've been chatty/ranty tonight.

Everyone has done so well this week, it sounds like. Yay team! I love hearing everyone's stories. It's so nice to know that I'm not going through this alone.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Splash -- you sound just like I did a couple weeks into program. Calm down, take a deep breath. I can tell you that last year (the whole 365 days) I was counting calories, exercising, keeping a food journal and only lost 22 pounds. With this program, I am now at 33 pounds gone in less than 3 months! It seems that every time I go in I was spending a bundle, but.....

1. You don't have to buy everything there. You have to get the HNS, but you can do your own multi-vitamin, flax seed oil is about 1/2 the price at walmart, and if you decide to take other supplements you can get them online at iherb.com

2. It cost a bit more to eat this way, but I RARELY ever eat out. I eat less than I did before and my kids eat less of their pricely less good for you treats.

3. You gain confidence as you go....I find that I don't feel a need to cheer myself up by buying something, now I go to the gym or do something with the boys. It is amazing how satisfying a bike ride is on a nice day.

4. If you follow the plan, it will work!!!!! The rules get easier. Here is what I do.....if I have a question and the center is open, I call. They are sooooo nice and answer what ever I ask. I called frantic because we were eating out at a place I hadn't been and they talked me thru it and gave me some suggestions on what to order. If it is not during hours, I do my very best, then I write a question in my food diary so that I remember to ask at my next visit!!!

You are going to do great! We will help you here, so make sure you ask if you need us!

Last edited by jeweliek; 02-15-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/240/150

Height: 5'4

Wink fat gain/loss

Help...I have been on the program since february 1 and as of today have lost 13 lbs and 13 inches which is great...but, they said my muscle mASS went down aND MY FAT had gone up...has this happened to anyone else? The manager sid to ignore it but it sort of had me concerned.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #14  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Splash, Congratulations!, you have taken a big step and a little leap of faith starting this program. If you have ever started a new job, you know how overwelming it seems at first to learn all that is necessary to be successful. But guess what, this program isn't as hard as learning a new job. It's just that it's new to you. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist myself. When I first started MRC, I decided to take one day at a time, and not expect to be perfect. I did the best I could each day. Meeting with the MRC staff twice a week and keeping a food journal helped me fine tune my efforts. I must say that this board here really help jumpstart my success because I could learn from people who had been doing the program for awhile.

One of the things I liked about this program was the fact it is pretty strict. I gained 172 pounds on a not-so-strict diet in the first place. I couldn't believe the Gel Toothpast thing at first either, but it made me realize I needed to take this program seriously. When you receive your first menu, you will be surprised with all the variety of food choices.

I choose this program because I wanted to lose weight in the fastest, healthiest, and safest way possible. MRC has met all my expectations and more. I just started my 8th month with MRC and have lost a total of 128.5 pounds and 120 inches.

The best part of this weight loss process is how healthy I feel. If your goal is to not just lose weight, but to change your lifestyle for life, then this is the program for you. It's the total package! If your goal is to just lose weight and not change your lifestyle, then you are setting yourself up for failure.

As far as supplements go, I would just start with the basics. A good Multivitamin, Flax seed oil or Fish oil, and of course the HNS with each meal.

After a couple of weeks, you will feel more comfortable with your new lifestyle and well on your way to a successful weight loss journey.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 02-16-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #15  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritochip View Post
Help...I have been on the program since february 1 and as of today have lost 13 lbs and 13 inches which is great...but, they said my muscle mASS went down aND MY FAT had gone up...has this happened to anyone else? The manager sid to ignore it but it sort of had me concerned.
I think this happened to me too. The body composition scale can be affected by a few variables. It can read your poop as fat for example. The scale should also show a number called a varience that tells you how accurate the reading is. So don't worry, just stick with the 13 lbs and 13 inches lost as your real success marker. BTW, you are doing GREAT!!!
Closed Thread