Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

ShineOn! That is awesome! You rock! Congrats to all the losses. I don't weigh again until a week from now because I have conferences and then we are going to NY. I have weighed myself and if my scale is right, I am down 14 since the last time I went to the Dr. which was a couple of weeks before I started MRC. -- I am not even sure what they have me down for a beginning weight--because I was on preconditioning for about 10 days prior to starting and I have only lost .5 since then, according to their records. I am not wishing my trip away- but I am anxious to wi. I so hope that I don't go bad while I am gone.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone - All are doing so good with losses. I WI tomorrow and am hoping that I can get closer to that 200 lb mark. I'd love to get in on that 55 lbs by Christmas. Can we count our losses since we started. I started on 10/2? It would be tough but I'd give it my best.

Also, I've missed a couple of HNS over the last week. How bad is that? Are they just supposed to curb the sweet cravings or is there something else that they are designed to do. I feel pretty lame asking this...I guess I should know.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Smile

Molglo – The only lame questions are those never asked. This whole process is a learning experience and everyday I think I am learning something new. For instance, I tried to find out if yellow squash was on the plan because I don’t know a yellow squash from a summer, winter, or spaghetti squash. I could not find a definite answer so lucky for me, I cooked it and it smelled so heinous that I could not even contemplate eating it. Now, to answer your question… I believe the HNS have a large amount of protein in them which helps keep your metabolism running at optimum efficiency. Should you miss them? No, but I doubt there is a single person on this site that has not forgotten to have one or has remember they needed one only to be somewhere without.

I hope this helps!

Leigh
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #349  

Default Christmas Challenge

ShineOn, molglo, oreoparent, 4my2ltl1s, losingweightnow, Hvnlymzic, and nomoredonuts4me (hope I didn't miss anyone) ....
I'm so excited that so many of you want to take on the challenge of "40, 50 or 55 pounds" down by Christmas! I want to be a SKINNY by my Christmas cruise (12/20) and I need your support to get there! I would love to put on a ticker...but I log on late at night and my brain is mush by 10:30 and I don't think I can figure it out!!! Maybe Friday (my off day) I'll try!

donuts ~ congrats on your 74 pounds and 66 inches loss! That's a truckload of fists-ful of fat! Your potty mouth has me laughing! Boy talk.....no matter the age! Careful, the is going to your posts!

Nan11 & MaryV ~ You are our inspiration! We look at you two and know IT IS POSSIBLE! Thanks for being great role models!

to everyone! Hope you have great WI's this week!!!

JanT

Last edited by jantdieting; 10-17-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Shineon- WOW 6 lbs in one week! YAY!!! Keep it up!!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Oreo- Glad to see you're still with us - I've missed your posts. Hang in there. You inspire me to stick with it.

I'm off to Hawaii today, have packed my HNS and pills (hundreds of them, it seems) and am ready to stay ON PLAN the whole week. Wish me luck!

And I'm in for the challenge to lose A TOTAL OF 55 lbs by Xmas (not 55 more, donuts!!), though I still hope to beat that timetable.

Good luck to everyone this week!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #352  

Height: 5'6''

WI last night...down 1lb. I am completely ok with that! This week, I didn't feel like I'd lose alot. I haven't felt well and while that didn't change me eating habits, I think it slows my body down. Is that really medically correct? Who knows! But I think I know my body better than anyone else anyway, so on medically correct!

I got to be inspirational yesterday. I was waiting at my center (which doesn't happen often) and a man was sitting there who was just starting program. He is still in pre-conditioning. He asked if it worked and I said, I think so, I've lost 66lbs and still going. It was kind of fun to share with someone completely new. Also had another co-worker notice my weight loss yesterday. Thats always fun.

graduatethin - Your job sounds like mine. My conferences are next week and I probably won't see any parents either. I'll bring my food and HNS's to school for dinner and settle in to watch a movie. hehe Have fun on your vacation!

My school kids would say "keep your head in the game"! (its a high school musical thing)...so thats my mantra for the week....

Last edited by Hvnlymzic; 10-18-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Hvnlymzic- - Thanks! Good luck to you on the conferences-- it should be a productive time, but I always seem to waste a lot of time.

I started the Day 11 menu today- lots more choice- I am glad! I need to go shopping when I get back from NY-- We don't get in until 10:15 on Tuesday night- I am hoping that I have the energy to go to the store.....

My dress pants that I wear for work are a little baggy and I moved my belt over a notch today! Whoo hoo!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 177/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for a few days. I'm still stranded at -5 lbs since precondition (hold for excuses....) but right now I shall blame TOM, the candy-corn-mixed-nut demon that lives in my house, and the fact that I have run out of HNS before I got my order in and UPS won't deliver until MONDAY!!!!

So having gotten the whine off my chest, I'd like to join the Christmas challenge!! We're going to Houston to visit family we haven't seen for a least a year, and some not for 2+ years. It's always stressful and I want to have one less thing to worry about, you know? I need to lose 30 lbs and I'd really like to push for that by Christmas so I added my ticker and hopefully we'll all be successful in our respective goals!!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #355  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Went to WI today - no change... I'm to blame. I haven't walked this week at all; I went out last night with the girls and had chips and one drink; I had a few chocolate chip cookies this week... Ok - that's my confession. It's done and I feel cleansed!! This is another new day - and I will be on plan for the rest of the week.

Good luck to everyone with WI over the next few days!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Has anyone been on program and lost your initial 20-22 #s, and maybe 15 inches, or whatever, and then get stuck!! I think my body has turned off, and I can not get past 161!! I have cut down on exercise due to a busy schedule with 3 boys all playing football since September, and have not been as faithful here and there as in the beginning. So now I am going strong again, and have got to get the exercise going. Anyway, any suggestions on how to get the last 15-20 #'s off? I think my body is used to the routine of things or something. Good luck to everyone, and I am considering the 50 lbs by Christmas my challenge to get the last 15-20 off for me!! Good Luck everyone!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Also, I think it would be cool if everyone had profile pics!! I love the motorcycle one! I like being able to put a face to everyone's awesome humor and advice! Just a thought! Or at least an avatar pic! Have a great night you guys - off to another football game!

Last edited by jennifer34; 10-18-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

WI today and no change! This does not bode well for the challenge. BUT, I’m determined to keep up and make sure that I stick exactly to program. QUESTION: Do we have to keep going to the User CP page every time we want to change the ticker? Also, can someone tell me how to quote. I guess I'm not catching on very well.

4my2ltl1s – Thanks so much for the response on the HNS. Also, I am so glad you mentioned the carrots. I never thought about it because they come in the mixed bag of salad in little julienne strips, so I’ve been eating them. Will pick them out from now on. I would also love to see some posts on exercise.

hoochinelly - .5 is not that terrible. Maybe if you went to the bathroom like some suggested that .5 would be gone. Why did they fire everyone? Sorry that the only one they left was the one you don’t care for.

jantdieting – When will the challenge begin? I'm ready

nomoredonuts4me – You are the man!! 4 lbs. this WI and 74 lbs and 66 inches in 4 mos. That is more than outstanding. Do you do a lot of exercising? What an inspiration you are!

Nan11 - How long have you been on program? I have just about as much weigh to lose and was wondering what I could look forward to.

COKimBee - Congratulations on the 1 lb. and 25 lb loss

Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #359  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Good evening all of you wonderful MRCers! I have been a "lurker" since the middle of September and just today decided to become a "poster." This thread on 3fatchicks.com is what got me in the door at my local MRC center and started with the program on September 24th, and it has been the best decision I've made for myself in years! The continual support that each of you give to each other and to those of us who voraciously read the ups and downs of weight loss has been inspirational and altogether real.

I have lost 14.5 lbs. since starting preconditioning (24 days on program), and had it not been for reading about those of you who may have a week or so where you either don't lose, or may gain some, I would have quit last week (like SOOOOO many times in the past.) It was my 3rd week on program, and I only posted a .5 lb. loss. On my MANY attempts at previous weight-loss plans, I would have quit at that point. ...but I didn't, and have lost 2.5 lbs. so far this week. Instant gratification (whether it be IMMEDIATE weight loss), or fast food (that I didn't have to fix), or food right out of the pantry has always been my motivation and my downfall, but this program is WORKING and I'm STICKING TO IT!!

So, now I want to know...what has made this your final "aha" moment...the moment where you decided, "This is it. I'm done with this extra weight, and it's different this time. I am going to take this weight off for good!" Mine came on September 5th when I was in a meeting at the theatre I work in, and I saw a person when I was walking by a mirror and wondered who the person was, then realized it was a mirror and I was looking at myself. I had to then sit in a production meeting SURROUNDED by mirrors for an hour, and I can't even tell you what the meeting was about. (I may have agreed to no salary for upcoming shows for all I know,) ...yikes...but I fought tears for that whole hour. That was my "aha" moment.

Thank you for the recipes (my notebook is full of them now), thank you for the humour (love the potty humour, donuts) and now I'll quit rambling and say to all of you other "lurkers" out there...COME and JOIN THE PARTY! I am accountable to myself, accountable to my fantastic counselors at my center, and I now want to be accountable to you, my fellow compadres in this wonderful weight loss community called MRC...

*Kathy*
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #360  

Default The Challenge is ON!!! Count WI's this week!

Yes, to everyone that wants a BIG loss by Christmas! The BEST gift to give yourself! Start counting your losses as of WI on Monday, October 15 so we have a full week this week!

to everyone! Hope we are all LOSERS in this challenge!

P.S. Had to WI tonight since I will be out of town tomorrow.....loss 1.5 lbs!!!!
Closed Thread