Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #256  
amanda

S/C/G: 169/154/132

Height: 5ft 2in

Default feels good

wi in today been on program 28 days basically month lost 10 pounds, I will be honest at first when I was only losing 1 pound 1 1/2 I thought is this worth it this will take forever, you know how we all want it now!LOLO but those pounds add up and before you know it you feel like wow!
I have had thyroid disease(autoimune hashi) since 2003. I gained 30 pounds in one month and nothing ever work, til now I am amazed, and normal blood pressure for the first time since 2003,

You guys have encourage me tremendously bravo to you

I cant wait til I lose 20 pounds

remember everyone who's in control we are
we control the food not the food controls us
Old 10-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Thyroid

Lucky40 - Congratulations on the 10 lbs. I know exactly what you are talking about. I also have Hashimoto's and it has been really hard to lose weight. This program is so doable and it works?

You keep up the great work. I bet you'll be signing that 20 lb board before you know it.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #258  

Hi Everyone - It's good to read all your posts. I read them all but have a hard time responding because I don't know my way around the posting nuiances.

ShineOn - I WI yesterday and lost 1 lb. That makes the total 10 lbs. I don't think my MRC has a weight board like all of you talk about.
In one of your posts you mentioned "finding connection therapist classes" or the Life Management series (Recognizing Saboteurs, self-affirmations, changes that last, etc)? Can you explain a litte about what these are.

Krazykk - Congrats on the 1.5 lbs. You can’t hear it but I’m tooting my horn for you. I know exactly what you mean about the center. I'm not particular fond of the counselor that I meet with. I think who takes care of me depends on who is free at the time and the last 2 times I've been, I had the same one. She seems basically uninterested. Don't know quite what to do. The person that signed me up doesn't get there until 5 at night and I don't know if I should WI that late in the day. Any thoughts anyone?

MaryV - I know exactly how you feel. I've been on enough programs/diets that I sometimes dread the thought of stalling. It is in the back of my mind most of the time. Have the counselor's at MRC helped you try some different things to kick start you again?

yoyololo - Exactly! Everyone at the MRC is really skinny...especially the one that has weighed me the last 2 times. I’m assuming that the people who work there were large at one time, but maybe that is not really the case.

stressed57 – Woo! Woo! 3.5 lbs is outstanding. Great job.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #259  

4my2ltl1s - Love the frozen berries dessert recipe. I have to ask. Do you really drink 140 – 160 oz of water a day? I would have to wear Depends if I did. I try to drink 74 – 82 oz per day, and spend a lot of time in the RR.

graduatethin - You mentioned getting to eat more fruit. I started on 10/2 and can have one fruit serving a day. When should I be able to add another serving?

donuts – The recipe looks delicious. Plan to make it tomorrow. Any particular grated cheese – parmesan or romano?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

molglo- You should ask your center to post weight loss boards. My center just uses big sheets of colored paper and each one has a big "10" "20" etc, in the middle. It's in the room with the scale, and that's where we sign our names when we reach each milestone. My center recently put up a new "100 lb" board!

I've talked to the folks at the center about how to get out of this plateau and they suggested Metaquick, but when I've done it before I was really hungry and tired. I've got a bad cold now and don't feel like it would be a good thing to do. Drinking lots of water is good for colds, so I've increased my water. Besides, I know the weight will EVENTUALLY come off, it HAS to. You can't NOT lose on this program. I'm not in a hurry, I want lasting change. It's just been discouraging lately because I was feeling very successful and now... not so much. Thanks for the support!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Wink

Molglo – Yes, I do drink 140 -160 oz of water a day while TOM is here or I am sick. When he is gone or I feel well, I try to get a minimum of seven 16 oz bottles of water a day. That brings my water to 112 oz, but that is minimum. Yes, I use the bathroom frequently, but not as frequently as when I started. I find it easy to get the water in because I drink 16 to 24 oz just trying to get the supplements down. What I find odd is that regardless of the amount of water I drink, my water levels seem the same when they run the numbers. This week was the only change and it showed less water than last week even though I was drinking that much more water. Once again, I will blame TOM.

Has anyone else had the problem of being starving all the time during TOM? I seem to only be able to go about an hour and a half before I am really hungry again. I have not had this problem in the past, but it does have me worried because I am doing everything I can not to go off plan. Today I had to lengthen the amount of time I took to eat my meals, eating the meat first, next cooking and eating the veggies, then a little while after that drinking the HNS. I know doing it this way I will probably have a small gain come Monday, but I feel if I don’t, I will become an Evanovich character and hold up a Frito Lay truck. If I did that, I would gain Donut’s imaginary 20 pounds.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I did it! I went out to dinner and stayed on program!! Whoo hoo I have been dreading this day and thought I wouldn't have to face it for a while, but I have a new great-nephew and just had to go see him. My niece lives in Lincoln, about 45 minutes away. I went down with my sister (Grandma) and knew we would have to take her other grandkids out for dinner! I had grilled chicken, a salad, (my great nieces were kind enough to eat the croutons for me and steamed broccoli. The broccoli they brought me was uncooked and awful so I told the waitress,(something I would not have done before) and she brought me some new broccoli. It was better. I told her, that I had to have the broccoli right because my options were limited. I turned down hot bread and fired ice cream for desert! Now that was tough! When they were eating desert, I made a grape HNS and that did the trick! Yes I did remember to bring one along! I was so excited that I did it! That was a very hard thing for me to do!

graduate I am glad your counselor was better! There are very many good ones there. I am sorry you did not lose, but it will come!

molgloThanks for the toot of the horn! I need all the tooting I can get! If you think you would be happier with a different counselor, state that you would like to wait for the next one. I weigh in after 5 at night so if you are comfortable doing that and think you would get to meet the the counselor you like, do it!

MaryVIllnesses really mess up things, so I bet when your health is better, you will see loss. Keep up the positive attitude!

Keep up the great work everyone. My friend and center always remind me that "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"
Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #263  
NewMe08

S/C/G: 168/154/124

Height: 5'3.5

4my2ltl1s I have that problem and I drink lots and lots of fiber during those times, it seems to help and I also move my creamy to my mid-afternoon snack. Hope this helps!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #264  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Hang in there graduatethin..you'll step on the scale some wi and will be blown away!

I lost another 1.5 lbs this week at my WI

My only complaints are that I am totally craving muffins, brownies, cakes, etc. AND that lately everytime I make the double chocolate cheese cake, it doesn't 'set'. Not sure what the deal is with that, I make it the same everytime, but...pudding! Albeit really THICK pudding.

Big exciting moment at the local Kroger, I actually found frozen artichoke quarters! Can't wait to try the artichoke dip recipe in the book!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Remember, keep up your water intake and when you cheat, you are only cheating yourself!

"See" everyone on Monday!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:43 AM   #265  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by molglo View Post
4my2ltl1s - Love the frozen berries dessert recipe. I have to ask. Do you really drink 140 – 160 oz of water a day? I would have to wear Depends if I did. I try to drink 74 – 82 oz per day, and spend a lot of time in the RR.

graduatethin - You mentioned getting to eat more fruit. I started on 10/2 and can have one fruit serving a day. When should I be able to add another serving?

donuts – The recipe looks delicious. Plan to make it tomorrow. Any particular grated cheese – parmesan or romano?

I use cheddar cheese for the Chile Relleno recipe.

Congrats on the 1 pound loss and reaching the 10 pound mark 10 pounds is a big step towards your goal weight. Most centers put up 5 or 10 lb increment boards for their members to sign. If your center is new, they may not have them up yet. Put in a request to put them up. Most of us feel signing a board is really motivating. If they can't put up a board, using the ticker here is pretty motivating too.

As far as your counselor is concerned, I would definately request another counselor or get the person that signed you up. As long as you weigh in at the same time each week, you should be OK.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work! One day and one pound at a time.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 10-13-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:43 AM   #266  
Super Maintainer

I lost 2 whole pounds for Friday's WI. Yea!!! Even though I gained 3 lbs Tuesday, it still feels pretty darn good to be at the 70 pound mark. As you can see, I changed my avatar to reflect my weight loss. It's kinda like signing a board. I'm almost at the halfway point on my ticker.

Throughout my weight loss career at MRC, I've had no losses, small losses, and a couple of gains. It can be very frustrating at times, especially when you think you are doing everything right. Now, I accept these setbacks as a part of the normal process of losing weight. Don't get me wrong, I still get bummed when the scale isn't moving as fast as I would like. I try to look at the big picture. If I feel this great at the halfway point, think how great it will be at goal! Not eating what you want, when you want isn't as great of loss as it might seem. When you are really heavy, eating and watching TV is just about all you can do. You may be free to eat anything and everything, but that's pretty much it. As I get thinner, I have gained more freedom! I look and feel great! There is so much more I can do with my friends and family. I'm living life instead of watching life on TV.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #267  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan11 View Post
Hang in there graduatethin..you'll step on the scale some wi and will be blown away!

I lost another 1.5 lbs this week at my WI

My only complaints are that I am totally craving muffins, brownies, cakes, etc. AND that lately everytime I make the double chocolate cheese cake, it doesn't 'set'. Not sure what the deal is with that, I make it the same everytime, but...pudding! Albeit really THICK pudding.

Big exciting moment at the local Kroger, I actually found frozen artichoke quarters! Can't wait to try the artichoke dip recipe in the book!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Remember, keep up your water intake and when you cheat, you are only cheating yourself!

"See" everyone on Monday!
When I make the cheese cake, I add the boiling water to the splenda and jelatin and let it dissolve for about 5 minutes. Then I stir it into the cottage cheese mixture and let it blend in the blender. I've never had the really THICK pudding problem.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #268  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4my2ltl1s View Post
Molglo
Has anyone else had the problem of being starving all the time during TOM? I seem to only be able to go about an hour and a half before I am really hungry again. I have not had this problem in the past, but it does have me worried because I am doing everything I can not to go off plan. Today I had to lengthen the amount of time I took to eat my meals, eating the meat first, next cooking and eating the veggies, then a little while after that drinking the HNS. I know doing it this way I will probably have a small gain come Monday, but I feel if I don’t, I will become an Evanovich character and hold up a Frito Lay truck. If I did that, I would gain Donut’s imaginary 20 pounds.
I could just imagine me & you with fake guns and the poor Frito delivery person just handing the keys over to us! I get that same feeling though! I drink more water and stay away from the kitchen... There isn't really anything on plan that we can "snack" on to make it through that craving time (sometimes it can last for days...) Just remember: THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS!!

Here is for all of you! Have a great weekend!!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #269  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Well, my little plateau last week just got blown out of the water - I lost 3.5 lbs at wi today!!! It's good to have all the medications out of my body and be back on the fat burning train

Congrats on your 2 lb loss Donuts!! You always seem to hit the big numbers! Hey, do you think 3 mini posts looks better than a long one - JK! No offense taken here - you crack me up. It's great to have you back to regular posting!!

Nan11 - Congratulations on the 1.5lb loss I tried the cinnamon cookies last week - during Tom - and that really hit the spot. My only mistake was I made them for an evening snack and was told we're not suupose to have eggs in the evening - but that was better than "cheating". You are so close to goal - you have to stay with us during maintenance so we know what to look forward too!!

KrazyKK - You passed the first Restaurant milestone that's awesome!! I remember how scared I was to eat out for the first time. Yesterday I had clients take me out to lunch and then my husband took me on a date for dinner. I did really good - I'm finding it easier to tell the wait staff what I need. I did Applebee's for lunch - that was a lot more complicated than I thought! They have changed their menu so they just made something for me - grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Outback was suprisingly easy. I did the grilled fish of the day (MahiMahi) and asked about the seasoning - just told them I couldn't have sodium. So they brought it out plain. The portion size of the broccoli was very small - looked like 2oz and I forgot to bring melba toast! I did remember a mixed berry HNS. I freaked the waitress out because she came to refill my "water" and it looked like I had a mixed drink!! When I mentioned that I should start carrying sea salt and seasoning in my purse, she told me a lot of people do that. That made me feel better!

molglo - Congratulations on your 1 lb loss! It's starting to add up.

lucky40 - on your first 10lbs. That's awesome.

Have a great week end everyone!!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Smile

Newme08 and losingweightnow - thank you for the advice! I picked up a box of the fiber drink during WI yesterday. I should have asked them, but maybe you all can help. Do I drink the fiber drink in addition or in place of one of my HNS? I will also try moving my creamy to mid-afternoon, thank you.

ShineOn - on getting that fat burning machine flying!

Last edited by 4my2ltl1s; 10-13-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread