Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #451  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Maryv on all those vacation milestones! I am green with envy!!

donuts thanks for the kudos - I need it this week...

Although I have walked everyday this week so far I ate off plan today (and not just a little). Even after WI with a loss of 1 pound... I know what's happening, and it's hard to control... Hormones & all. I have an IUD that is reeking havoc with my cycle, so the doc is having me take Yaz birth control to offset the other stuff... Needless to say I am craving chocolate and carbs like crazy.

I also have the walk away the pounds videos, and may have to get them out to add to my outdoor walking.

What a lively group we have! I look forward to reading posts all the time - you never know what you will find! Thanks for the positive posts this week everyone! Good luck at WI for the rest of the week!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #452  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

as a newbie I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who share your success with us all...
I am sooo looking forward to losing weight and am just not quite getting there-up 2lbs, down 3lbs-and I swear I'm always on plan. I know I will get there though just still adjusting to these changes.
Thanks for all the vacation stories, I'm going to New Orleans next week and I'm really nervous. Won't pretend that I'm not going to drink, but I am going to try to eat on plan. Wish me luck!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #453  

Height: 5'6''

This summer I lost 10lbs on vacation!! It was a two week vacation and we walked a TON, but don't be afraid of vacation...it's not the enemy

4my2ltl1s - YAY...weighing less than the hubby is a BIG goal of mine...I'll let you know when I get there.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #454  

Had a WI today and I've lost a total of 5 lbs since starting preconditioning a week ago Tuesday! On Tuesday of this week I had gained back a pound of the 3 I lost initially, but today I had lost another 3. Wow. Tomorrow starts Day 5. My hunger pangs are not as bad as in the beginning. Just taking one day at a time as the holiday season gets in gear. Saturday night the neigbors are having a halloween party and its going to be a challege to not have a glass of wine.

Someone earlier gave a web site to buy the drinks at a lower cost. Does MRC have an issue with that? I'm sure the supplements are their bread and butter!

Last edited by tmich56; 10-25-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #455  

Post Longterm success from your MRC experience?

Hi folks, I usually internalize my weight issues so this is a big step getting on a public online forum. Please be nice! I've read through a ton of posts in this forum.

My husband and I tend to gain and lose tremendous amounts of weight every other year (~70lbs for him, 45-60lbs for me). We're considering MRC; however I'm concerned this is just "another" diet. I'm very disappointed in all the years of yo-yo'ing so we're trying to approach the next "diet" cautiously.

Does anybody have long-term (i.e. 2+ years) experience after losing weight with the MRC?

Thanks much, appreciate any feedback with your long-term experiences.

Thx.
Pacific1DH
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #456  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Goal4Life! I'm glad you found us!!

onuts: Thank you for the kind words. My sign on names is inspired by a bible verse matthew 5:16. I'm a pretty positive person - a huge fan of Zig Ziglar "See it, believe it, achieve it!!" On that note, your maggots visualization cracks me up!!! I'm sure that will keep me away from the desserts!!

graduatethin Welcome home and CONGRATULATIONS. A happy successful vacation and a weight loss!! You inspire me!! There is so much we can control in our environment, but being away from home still freaks me out a little. I have two trips coming up. Las Vegas in the middle of the month then the big cruise.

Hvnlymzic I'm so excited. We had a receipe at our cooking class - you can have you cake and eat it too!!

Halloweenie "Cake"
2 packets of Double Chocolate Pudding
2 packets Vanilla Creme Pudding
4 slices 40-45 calorie bread, torn into small pieces
5 packets of articifical sweetener
1 1/2 tsp. orange extract
orange food coloring as desired

With fork, add Double Chocolate Pudding packets, bread, *10 oz water (add a little at a time until you get a cake batter consistency, you may not need the whole 10 oz) and 3 packets of sweetener. Mash all together. Place into the bottom of an 8" or 9" dish and pack down into dish. Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator.

Mix Vanilla Creme Pudding packets with 10 oz water (again, only until you get a whip cream type frosting consistency) food coloring, 2 packets of sweetener and extract. Spread over chocolate layer.

Servings: 4, Replaces 1 starch, 1 creamy - Breakfast or dinner only.

Since it's a bread and Creamy HNS, you really can have this for dessert. There are a lot of variations you can do on this receipe. I didn't have orange extract or food coloring, so I made the "frosting" with coconut extract for a choloate cake with coconut frosting. Or use mint and green food coloring - very Christmasie. You can also make the cake with vanilla supplement and make the frosting with Lemon Chiffon creamy.

4my2ltl1s Congratulations on your 3 lbs loss - way to go!!

Mary V - Welcome home!! It sounds like you had a blast!!

tmich56 - Great job on the 3 lbs. You are on your way!!

I have 5 more halloween recipes. I'll try to get those posted tomorrow. Great job on all the wi's.

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-26-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #457  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific1DH View Post
Hi folks, I usually internalize my weight issues so this is a big step getting on a public online forum. Please be nice! I've read through a ton of posts in this forum.

My husband and I tend to gain and lose tremendous amounts of weight every other year (~70lbs for him, 45-60lbs for me). We're considering MRC; however I'm concerned this is just "another" diet. I'm very disappointed in all the years of yo-yo'ing so we're trying to approach the next "diet" cautiously.

Does anybody have long-term (i.e. 2+ years) experience after losing weight with the MRC?

Thanks much, appreciate any feedback with your long-term experiences.

Thx.
Pacific1DH
Welcome fellow Yo Yoer

I have gained and lost large amounts of weight too over the years. About 5 years ago I lost over 125 pounds only to regain it all back plus some. I know all too well how upsetting and frustrating that is. It took a long time for me to muster up the mental strength it takes to do it all over again.

I really wanted this time to be the "last time". I knew I could do it on my own, but felt I was missing something important that was preventing any longterm success. I decided to research a few of the programs out there. I knew I could lose weight with any program. I wanted a program that had a good reputation with maintenance. I also wanted to lose my weight as fast and as safe as possible.

Metabolic Research Center (MRC) is the one I chose. So far I've had fantastic results. I've lost an average of over 4 pounds a week since the middle of June. I have never felt more healthy and energetic. The weight loss programs were created by doctors and registered dietitians. The menu plans are taylored to each individual. The signup includes a year of maintenance, cooking classes, life management classes to address the emotional side of eating, and professional support. Many of the consultants that work at MRC are graduates themselves who have maintained their weight loss for many years.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into joining MRC. There are many great programs out there. Unfortunately, there are some bad and some dangerous ones out there as well. I feel very confident in recommending MRC. It has a great reputation for longterm results.

I wish you lots of luck in finding the program that works for you.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 10-26-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #458  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Bless your soul ShineOn for posting the Halloweenie Cake recipe! What is it about this time of year that makes us all want goodies? Oh, I know, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...

Had my WI this morning after a long vacation and stayed the same! I can't tell ya'll what a HUGE sigh of relief came from me. Not that I cheated, because I did the best I could, but I can't eat when I'm driving and we had an 8 hour car trip! So I had 2 days of eating only one meal and then 8 days of restaurant cooking.

[Note: Ruby Tuesday's now serves mashed cauliflower that is seasoned with garlic. Next time I go, I'm grabbing a packet of the HNS chicken soup mix and making myself some MRC-style mashed potatoes!]

The road trip was well worth it, since it was the first time I've seen my college freshman son in 2.5 months! It was a great trip! He's alive, has a messy room and needs money & to shave. In other words, he's doing fine!

So this week at least, no scale movement was an almost positive thing! Mini - time!

My goal is to be down 1.5 lbs by next WI (Monday).

Today I am going to the mall and purchasing some new overtheshoulderboulderholders It's kind of evident that after a significant weight loss I need to do so. It's almost exciting.

I'm still not out of the whole size large/extra large mentality though. It's always a shock when I try something on and it's TOO big. Undies included!

How is everyone doing? Ready for the weekend and all the challenges it may bring?

Well, we know we can do it, and if we don't, it's not that hard to get back up, dust ourselves off and begin again..plus we have each other here!

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by Nan11; 10-26-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #459  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

ShineOn, thanks for the great recipe. I don't officially get to add creamies until tomorrow. So I might just have to try it over the weekend. I love learning new recipes.
I weigh in tomorrow, I am so hoping for another solid 3 pounds. I lost 6 between pre-conditioning and my 1st week, so we shall see.
I really need to get better on my water, any tricks of the trade on downing 100 ounces of H2O? This is my downfall.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 10-26-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: type-o's
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #460  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Just checking my signature, never used one of these tracker ticker things. Hope this works
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Shine on! Thanks for the kind words, I have enjoyed reading your posts, you are so good about remembering everyone! You will do fine on your trips, I'm sure!

I am going to wi again this afternoon, hoping for anything-- we have a dinner tonight that friends are putting on for us for our anniversary- I told them I was on a diet- they were not very supportive- said, " You can't be good all the time!" Well, it is really not worth it for me to go off plan, so I am just going to eat what I can, take my own salad dressing and ignore them. Don't want to be rude, but I am really working at this.

As far as water goes- Goal4Life, I just carry a bottle with me almost everywhere I go. I find now that my body craves it, I am thirsty all the time. I don't enjoy getting up so many times at night, but I am sleeping better, I am able to go back to sleep quickly.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #462  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Well, I went through the closet last night. I knew my pants were getting baggy in the butt and thighs, but I felt like they still fit ok in the waist. I started feeling like I was walking around in bolts of fabric. I remember a post by Hvnlymzic about having to go to the bathroom really bad and realizing she had taken down her pants without unzipping or unbuttoning . Well, I decided to do the yank test on all my pants. All but 3 came down without the unbuttoning or unzipping. I was really excited at first, but as the pile grew, I got a little sad. I'm a classic dresser, so I try to buy investment pieces. There layed a beautiful wardrope of pants and suits (all the blazers had shoulders that didn't sit in the right spot and could be made into double breasted!) that took me several years to build. I'm really not excited at the prospect of buying new clothing every 4 - 6 weeks. But, I need professional clothing to wear. My friend gave me some clothing that no longer fit her. Here I'm feeling like the incredibly shrinking women from my size 22w and I'm trying on the size 18 & 20 and they didn't look that great on me! 22w makes me look really slim - well, because they were almost falling off, and the 20w shows every bulge! Yikes! But that's ok, these are good bumps in the road to have. Looks like I will actually have to go to some stores (I hate clothing shopping!) and shop some clearance sales!! Wish me luck!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-26-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 163/152/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this message board, but it has been really inspiring to read all of your stories! I started MRC on 10/2. I lost 3.5 pounds my first three days, 3 more at my next weigh in, no change, up .5, down .5, and no change. Needless to say, I was super excited at first and then a little let down. I am trying the Meta Quick today through Sunday, so we'll see what happens. Any advice, suggestions, etc?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Height: 5'7"

ShineOn - Just wanted to post really quickly before I leave. The clothes you really like take them to a dry cleaner and have them altered. If your dry cleaner does not do it, look for someone who does. I will be having that done on the clothes that I really like.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #465  

4my2ltl1s - thank you for your response about MRC. I think my husband and I are going to go in there within the next few weeks.

Today was a rough day, I weighed in at ~25 pounds heavier than I have ever been in my life. What a wake up call. This time last year I was 65 pounds lighter, only 20 pounds from my goal weight then.

Has anybody had some successes with long-term life changes? I'm very curious what are the top motivations or the key things that help make that life change. If anybody has some suggestions or things they do that help, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Thanks, this is a great forum of support to tap into.
Pacific1DH
Closed Thread