Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #331  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
.....Does anyone have a good way to mix that double chocolate pudding? I made it the other night and thought it was gross.....I am still on day 5-11 plan, so I can't mix anything in- it was just too thick and grainy. Should I add more water?? Blend it?? Help. Also, I am wondering what to do with the chicken bouillon?
The first time I made the double chocolate pudding it was sooooo runny.....I could've eaten it with a straw instead of a spoon! Now I mix it using a whisk and a little water, gradually add more water to get to the "pudding" consistency. It sets-up pretty quickly! The chicken bullion is one of my favorites...drink it like a cup of soup at lunch. It's pretty high in sodium so be careful how often you have it!

Hoochinelly ~ Sorry to hear about your gain...but hang in there, you get to WI again this week! Sending your way!! With all the changes at your center, things will have to start looking up! It really makes me appreciate the great gals at my center!

Challenge anyone?.....
In our Sunday paper, I saw the MRC ad "Lose 55 pounds by Christmas" and I decided that "JanT wants to lose 55 pounds by Christmas"! I'm already a member so I have all the tools, resources and support to get there….all I have to do is stick to the program! So looking over what I’m doing wrong, I found some things I need to cut-out… no more “just one coffee creamer won’t hurt”; no more skipping fruit at lunch; no more adding nuts or raisins to my salad; no more ranch dressing; no more NOT weighing portions! Since Sunday night I have been "strictly" on plan in all areas: food, vitamins, HNS, exercise, food sheet, and water! And, WI today paid off: I was pounds-downs....3.5lbs! My total loss is 27.5 pounds! And I want 55 more by Christmas! Anyone care to join me?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

jant: I already took that challenge (and am still at it). I have yet to lose 55 lbs. That's the same ad that made me join MRC back in March, except it said, "Lose 55 lbs by Memorial Day!" Well, check my ticker. That ad is assuming a loss of 5 lbs per week, and only Donuts has managed that! At this rate, I'm hoping to lose the 55 by Halloween!

Don't get me wrong, this is the best thing I've done for myself in years.

I'm glad to hear that seeing the ad has made you recommit to the program, and that your strictness has paid off already! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll see results!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #333  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Also, I am wondering what to do with the chicken bouillon? [/QUOTE]

In the winter I used the chicken bouillon as a mid-afternoon snack, sometimes I'd add a little hot sauce or some other seasoning to it. I grew up having bouillon as a snack.
I've also made soup with it for lunch, adding leftover cooked veggies & chicken to it (I heat up the veggies & chicken first).
Old 10-17-2007, 01:33 AM   #334  

Donuts~~Know exactly how you feel! It's been either feast or famine with my lower digestion since starting in August. Welcome to our world--giving birth. Only my son was 9.5 lbs!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 AM   #335  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hvnlymzic You must have the rare ability to BM on demand

NanaDB If your son was loose and runny, then I'm sure giving birth wasn't that bad. I kill myself sometimes.

OK, enough of the potty talk. I had a fantastic WI yesterday. I lost 4 more pounds!!!! I'm at my 4 month mark, so I was measured and Tanita'd. I've lost a total of 74 pounds and 66 inches!!!! I lost 4% body fat since last month. I'm sure glad I didn't go to Mickey D's after my 3 pound gain last week.

graduatethin There are some great recipes in the MRC cookbook that call for the chicken bouillon HSN.

jantdieting I love your enthusiasm! I think if you read the fine print though, it probably says lose up to 55 pounds by Christmas. Anyway, I still think we could use a good challenge around here. So your on baby. Let's make it a little more realistic, like 40 pounds.
Oh, and congrats on losing 3.5 mega pounds!!! That is truly awesome!!!

Mary V If you lose another 55 pounds, you'll be in the hospital diagnosed with anorexia.

hoochinelly Sorry to here about your gain and loss. To tell you the truth, I have some great consultants, but not as great as the people here online. We'll always be here for ya. They can't fire us. Unless, of course, we upset a moderator really bad

4my2ltl1s I think poor hoochinelly found the 0.5 lb you lost. A half pound is way better than a gain. BTW, did you pee before WI I hear it helps.

Stay strong just one day at a time

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 10-17-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 195/172/155

ok it is a new day...new menu....new opportunity to lose some more weight. Instead of crying about being back on the yellow menu, I am resolved to looking at this in a postive way. This IS going to kick my metabolism in the a%@ and I am going to be losing like I did at the beginning which was averaging about 1/2 lb to 3/4 lbs per day. That I can love!
Here we go!!!!!!!!
Have a great day everyone...skinny thoughts all around!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #337  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Ah Donuts, there's always room for a little potty humor! You've lost 66 inches! That is amazing! I am 66 inches tall, so you've lost a whole Nan in inches! And I think a 74 lb weight loss is fantastic!

Jan, babe, I am so there with you on sticking to the plan! In the past I was really guilty of skipping fruit too. It always showed later, in my WI's though! Did you know that at Mama Goldberg's Too you can get one of their big salads and add your fruits AND veggies? I do that once a week and use the MRC french dressing. You can get your protein (chicken & cheese), veggies (salad & fixings) and fruit (strawberries, blue berries, whatever is in season) in one big bowl and grab a bottle of water out of the cooler!

Mary V, looks as though you and I are in the same place. Have they started talking a little bit to you about maintenance yet? I'm hoping to start by the end of this month and of course I'll keep posting to let everyone know how *F*U*N* maintenance on MRC can be.

Remember folks, today is a brand new day, with no mistakes in it! Go forth and eat healthy!

ps: flushing potty=flushing the fat
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #338  
Feelin' Great!

S/C/G: 177.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Yea! I lost another pound yesterday...so I hit 25 pounds! woo hoo! We don't have 5-pound increment boards at my center, so I'll have to wait another 5 pounds to sign. I'm going to try to walk more often during lunch. Sometimes it's hard to tear myself away from my work, plus it's getting nippy outside.

P.S. to donuts: GO ROCKIES!!! My husband, his parents and I are going to try to get some tickets to the world series. It will be expensive, but how many people can say they went to the world series?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #339  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

jant woo-hoo! I am right there by your side to and ready to lose more by Christmas!! I know I am close to my goal weight, but I would really like to lose about 40-45 more pounds. 155 is what I am really hoping to weigh by the time I get to WDW in Jan. Today is a new day! Let's begin again and renew our efforts! CARPE DIEM!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #340  

Height: 5'6''

Jant - I have no idea how much I could lose by Christmas...my original goal was 100lbs lost by Christmas. That is probably still do-able if my body cooperates. And that would be a 44lb loss for me. Thats close enough to 50lbs right?! About the pudding. I put the dry mix into a cup (small drinking glass) add 1/2 water and stir briskly with a whisk. My mixer came with whisk attachments and thats actually what I use...but any small whisk would work. If it is too thick, I add a tbsp of water at a time to make it more creamy. Then I lick the whisk (can't waste that wonderful creamy-ness) and then enjoy my pudding. Hope the tips here help you out.
donuts - you remind me of the kids at work...always taking things to the gross Oh well...life isn't always pretty.

WI tonight...i have mixed feelings about how I'll do this week...we'll see I'd love to get a 4lb loss and sign the 70lb board, but I'd be cool with a 1/2 lbs as well. Any loss is a good loss!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Smile

Jant - I am with you on the challenge! Thank you for mentioning the fruit thing, until I read your post I didn’t realize I forgot to get my fruit in. Mixed frozen fruit with the pudding, yummy!

Donuts
– I drink so much water, I am peeing before and after.

I noticed there is not a lot of talk about the types of exercise everyone is doing. I would love for everyone to share so I may get some ideas. Right now I am just cleared for walking, but hope that clearance changes in the next week or so.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #342  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4my2ltl1s View Post
I noticed there is not a lot of talk about the types of exercise everyone is doing. I would love for everyone to share so I may get some ideas. Right now I am just cleared for walking, but hope that clearance changes in the next week or so.
I walk - it's pretty much all I've done aerobically since I started MRC. I walk 3 miles 6 days a week. We have a treadmill but being in FL there aren't too many days that I can't walk outside, which I really prefer. Every once in a while I miss a day, but not often. I firmly believe that walking is what allowed me to get to goal with the cheating that I freely admit to. And I highly recommend getting an MP3 player of some sort - I used to love my walks as my quiet alone time (that was when I was working) - now I love having some good music to help me keep my pace up & pass the time.
A few months into MRC I started doing upper body weights, partly to help counteract the batwings I was afraid of developing, partly to build muscle to help burn fat, and mostly to try to ward off osteoporosis, my mom had a bad case of it I really hope to avoid it. Unfortunately I've slacked off on that lately, and really need to get back to it.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #343  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

For the double chocolate pudding I use a little baby whisk I bought at an outlet store.

I use the chicken bouillon in cookbook recipes and add it to my chicken or pork as a spice.

I would love to lose 55 lbs by Christmas, but, ..... still on medical hold. I am going to try to go full force again Monday. The ladies at my center are so supportive. They really cheered me up. Right now the nausea in the morning has stopped (NO, I'm not pregnant!) but I still have nausea in the mid-afternoon. I also get nauseous from drinking water. Regurgitation in increasing. The docs say it is acid reflux. They keep playing around with medicines. Since I added Barlean's Greens, a digestive enzyme, and a probiotic I have "felt" better, but still not great. I keep having to eat crackers, etc. to keep the nausea from killing me. I have not lost much since the end of June. This is my 3rd or 4th medical hold. I still have about 16 weeks or so with MRC. As I read everyone's posts I am encouraged that I will eventually be able to get back on track and lose the weight.

I will jump in the "55 lbs by Christmas" bandwagon only change it to "50 lbs" for me. Wouldn't it be neat to keep a running count of how much weight we lose total on this challenge?

I am jealous of one thing: My center does not have "board". No 10 lb, 20 lb, 30lb or anything!!!!!!!!! I would love to finally put my name on a "50 lb board"!!!!!!

Last edited by oreoparent; 10-17-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

I am at parent teacher conferences tonight and because of my position, I don't get a lot of visitors. The lounge is full of food- really good stuff. We are in a semi-rural area and they do know how to cook! I am proud of myself though, I packed my leftover grilled chicken from last night and some broccoli. I really am not too tempted-- but would love it if this board became a little more active to distract me!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #345  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

WOW, I think I only missed an evening of reading and I was 2 pages behind - you guys rock! Your potty talk cracked me up!

On Saturday, I had such a good wi - 3.5 lbs down so I didn't expect much for today - well, I'm down another 2.5 lbs!!!!! I got to sign the 20 lbs board. I truly wasn't expecting it - I went in before my work out and really didn't look that pretty - except the beaming smile on my face!

As for exercise - I'm a curves girl I like that I get a cardio and strength training workout in 30 minutes. In and out with no waiting on equipment. Plus it's fun to talk the whole time!!! The girls are watching me melt away!

JanT - you're on!! I think I'm averaging 3.5 per week (if you look at my 40 days as a whole). My only mess ups are getting into a situation where I can't get fruit at lunch. Other than that, I'm a strict follower of the plan - donuts, I even switched to paste toothpaste

graduatethin - hang in there sister, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

hoochinelly - Wow, what in the heck was going on at your center??? Donuts is right, you have us!!! That's the stability (in our craziness) you need

:congratulations: Congratulations to everyone who has done great on wi!!

and welcome to the newbee's - I think we've had 2 since I posted, but that's probably 15 pages ago

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!! I'll make sure to check in more frequently. I've had this great burst of energy and have been "spring cleaning" and moving furniture around. A little easier to do when you don't have 21 lbs of flour attached to you!!
Closed Thread