Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

JenniferIt is nice to see you back on the board. It has been a while! Keep with it, those pounds will come!

chopinWelcome to the group! It is pretty amazing and soooo helpful!

Well, I had my WI tonight and lost 2lbs. That helps after the .5 gain on Monday. Since I am on Meta-Balance, they switched some things around to hopefully get me going a little better! My director is so awesome. She specifically wanted to work with me tonight so I would feel better about my losses and gain! She also uses me to train other counselors in the Meta-Balance!

I have to pat myself on the back. Yesterday they had a huge spread of goodies for Bosses Day and October Birthdays. I didn't even have a nibble! In fact, I wasn't even tempted. My that is a change for me!

Another momentous event happened tonight. I have to back track a bit first. When I started this plan, I asked my husband for support. All I really wanted was for him to ask how my WI's went. I really need his encouragement and interest. He told me he could not do this, it was personal. (Keep in mind we have been married over 28 years!) Well, tonight when I came home, he asked how I did! I almost fainted! I guess maybe he can see how hard I am working on this.

JanI want in on that challenge! I would be happy with 38.5 by then but would settle for 30!

Thanks for all the support, especially this week, from you great losers!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #362  

Height: 5'7"

I think I have my ticker going.....is there an EASY way to update it? NEVER MIND.....I FIGURED IT OUT!!

krazykk ~ just jump in! The challenge is for everyone! The best gift you can give yourself!

Last edited by jantdieting; 10-18-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Smile

to all the new and returning!

Jant – As far as I know, the easiest way to update the ticker is to go into User CP -> Signature -> and change only your current weight number in the coding.

Chopin
– Welcome! To answer your question about the “aha” moment, mine was on September 14th. I was shopping for light fixtures and suddenly got really dizzy/sick/numb and had to ask the sales girl to call 911. My BP registered 165/something and I was taken to the hospital. Every test possible was performed on me and they found nothing. My blood pressure returned to normal 110/70 so they sent me home with no diagnosis. I spent the rest of the weekend not sleeping because I was sure I would die in my sleep. Monday morning I went to my PCP and was no closer to figuring out what happened. I left the doctors office and drove straight to MRC. I have seen a cardiologist and he put me on a 30 day monitor. I am hoping to have a noticeable weight loss when I return to him. Thinking I was going to die is how I came up with my name. I want to be here 4my2ltl1s (for my two little ones).
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #364  
43 years young

S/C/G: 162/159/130

Thumbs up count me in!

It seems like there is a lot of energy on the board about getting thru these next tricky months. It will be great to be able to come here to stay motivated.

Loss of 2 pounds today but am heading to Sea World this weekend with the DH and kiddos, wish me luck. I will pack plenty of those crispies, they are pretty yummy chocolate wannabes.

Everyone sounds so jazzed about the challenge. I am up for it as well so I can finally get off of this roller coaster and stop obsessing about it all, you know?

jennifer34, it sounds as if you and I have a bit in common with the stuckness, the sports schedules, and the head banging. I hit STUCK last Nov and re-enrolled to finish but the kids' schedules allowed me, or I allowed them to ruin a perfectly good diet -- plain reckless abandon so here I am again, stuck at 160. 30 more to go, off to a place I have not seen since middle school. Good luck to you as you work to get unstuck!

Happy weekend all!

Last edited by yoyololo; 10-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #365  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Molglo - I was told the HNS has 70 - 100 calories and it's a great low calorie way to get your protein in. From what I remember from Atkins, the protein helps keeps you in fat burning mode (ketones) which makes you lose faster. I also remember from Atkins that if you felt the need to cheat occassionally with alcohol, make sure it is wine or clear "spirits" and then exercise the next couple days. I guess your body burns the sugar from the clear and the wine first then gets you back into fat burning mode. Just remember, any "off plan" will set you back several days. So far, I've done really good with staying on plan and away from alcohol. I'm just really afraid the cruise will be a tough one for me. I don't drink normally, but on the cruises, I pretty much start the day with coffee (can't do the caffeine anymore ) then switch to alcohol at 10 am . I never get trashed, I just keep a buzz going all day. Probably why I don't get sea sick - I'm just darn relaxed

Quote:
Do we have to keep going to the User CP page every time we want to change the ticker? Also, can someone tell me how to quote. I guess I'm not catching on very well.
Yes, we get to go to the user CP page everytime we lose - I love doing that! It keeps me motivated. To quote - you just need to highlight your text and then click the button 3 in from the right - it looks like a sheet of paper with lines or a bubble that you would put in from a comic strip.

jantdieting - Oh my goodnes. I just looked at the calendar and Christmas is only 10 weeks away - am I counting that right???? That would be 5.5 lbs a week. So I'm shooting for 35 pounds by Christmas. I'm cool with 3.5 a week Isn't it crazy how fast we are losing - I love this!! Congratulations on the 1.5lbs!!!

I just wore my favorite suit to teach a class today and realized with sadness & excitement that this was the last time I could wear it. Baggy drawers man!!! I could grab a fist full of fabric from the legs and the jacket could easy be made double breasted!!! I just kept the jacket buttoned knowing I was swimming inside it. :

Humm, I wonder if MaryV will be checking in with us from Hawaii
Speaking of not checking in where is Aszimmer Come up for air girl and tell us how you are doing

Hvnlymzic - Congratulations on the 1 lb loss!! It's nice that you got to be an inspiration in person because you are always an inspiration on-line!!

jennifer34 - It's good to see you again!! I have my photo in my profile - just not ready to put it out there like you yet! You look great!!

chopingirl !! I'm glad you decided to join in on the fun and start posting. It really helps me a lot. When my friend told me about MRC, I did an internet search and found this site. That's what convinced me to join too! I think I would have been skeptical if I had just gone to the center and listened to their "sales pitch". I was already convinced when I walked in the door. Congrtulations on hanging in there. You're right at the point where your body needs to sit still for a short time before it launches again. My friend held steady for 2 weeks : - a half a pound away from the 50lb board! She called and announced that she dropped 4 lbs and got to sign the board in a big way. She's not on our forum (at least I don't think ), but I kept telling her about all your stories with the pleatue's.

Ok, my AHA moment. I think mine was a series of moments. Not wanting to buy the next size up so being uncomfortable in my too small clothing. Getting winded walking up the stairs. Chest pains and arm numbness - yes, I had the cardio - the heart is fine. Leaning over to get something and feeling like I would roll The mirror never bothered me because I always think I look good in what I'm wearing (I would refer to myself as voluptuous), but a photo would freak me out!. The final straw for me was sitting in my Dr's office begging him to let me try one more thing before he put me on medication. We had been working so hard all year. I finally saw frustration on his face as he said "it's your body." BTW, My DH was driving the other day and I reached down into my purse on the floor to get something and realized I COULD!!! My gut wasn't in the way!! Before I would have to wait until the car stopped or try to scoot sideways. That was an awesome feeling. I love the little moments of realization.

krazykk CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss You're doing great!!! And great job on the iron will power you rock!!

Ok donuts - I know, I know. I got back to being long winded I just can't help myself

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-18-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #366  
Gina

Default Halloween Candy :badbat:

So, how is everyone doing with avoiding all the chocolate. Does anyone have tips they want to share?

yoyololo - great job on the 2 lb loss Good luck at Sea World and here's some to pack with you.

4my2ltl1s - thank you for sharing your story - that must have been so frightening. I got hauled away in the ambulance from the "privacy" of my own home. That was scary enough!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #367  

I am dreading next week in our office. We give small candy bars to the patients that come in. I have to fill the candy jar about every other day--so far, nothing in there looks good. Don't know how I will feel filling it with Milkey Way bars.
The weight loss is what keeps me motivated. I'll admit I am tired of salads, but wearing a swim suit in Hawaii in December--that's enough to keep on keepin on!
I watched a friend of mine lose 40+ lbs last winter going to MRC. And even my underwear was getting tight--so I joined. I am a WW drop-out--too many choices & not enough lbs. lost. When my son-in-law bought us tickets to visit our daughter in Hawaii in December while he served in Iraq, I knew it was now or never. Even tho I haven't been a fast loser, I am thrilled with my 21.5 lbs. in 9 wks.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #368  

Height: 5'6''

Jennifer - change up the diet! That is the biggest mistake that people (waves my hand) make on this plan. You absolutely cannot eat the same thing every day and assume that you're going to continue to lose. Your body needs some help. I used to eat the same thing for lunch every day. It was quick and easy, but not productive. Your body needs to be burning off different things not always the same thing. Another thing you can do to burn off more is drink more water. (I know...HOW??) *here come the science* When your body begins to lose fat, the cells take on more water to try to hold the shape of the cell. If the cell loses shape it will die, and cells don't want to die. SO...they take on water. The body sees a lack of water as a threat and will then hold on to all the water it can. So, if you drink more water (another 32-64oz a day) then your body will see that you're not really dehydrated, it won't be dying soon, and it'll release the extra stored water in your body. *clear as mud, right?* Extra exercise will also help break a plateau, but if you choose that option, add more water there also.

Welcome Chopingirl! - glad you decided to step out here into the open and join us. My break-through moment was actually my brother calling me and saying they were having a half price registration at the center and that if I wanted to join, now would be the cheapest. He had lost 70lbs at that point and I too was getting ready to need new clothes. I DID NOT want to leave the 20's and break down and buy a 30. So I was crammed into my clothes. I'll never get that big again. The pants that I almost couldn't button now fall off of my hips while they are buttoned if I don't wear a belt. The other day (funny story) I had to go to the bathroom so bad that without thinking I pulled my pants down without undoing them. I was pulling them up when I realized that. It was then that I though, hmmm...maybe I'd better go shopping for some pants.

NanaDB - If you're worried that you just won't be able to resist, go buy some sugar-free candy. Its not the best solution and still isn't really on plan, but it's WAY better than getting the real deal into your system.

Last edited by Hvnlymzic; 10-19-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #369  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

My moment: I had many of them over a series of 3-4 months... I hosted my work Christmas party at my house last year, and someone had taken a picture of me sitting on the floor on my knees... All I could see was a ball with a head on it... That fat person in the picture was not me - boy was I in denial! Then my in-laws visited and we had a group picture take, UGH! I couldn't believe how WIDE I looked. Then in March we went to WDW and my size 22 shorts were tight... It took a while to convince my husband that the money spent on this would be well worth it - and one day he came into my work and handed me some papers. He went to MRC and bought a gift certificate for me!!! I cried, left work early and went straight there! I haven't had any medical issues, but was on my way. I am so happy I have made this life changing decision, and that I have the support I need to change my life. Thank you to all of you! You are a big part of this!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 195/172/155

my "aha" moment...I was tucking my 4 year old daughter in and happened to glance in the mirror (she has full length mirrored doors on her closet) and saw this very big woman leaning over and realized "OMG that fat woman is me"...I never really though I looked THAT fat before but there was no denying the proof in that mirror.
Now i go into her room for a reality check and I like the chick staring back at me much better!
Actually, that moment was several months in the making. We have been working very hard to get our financial life in order (don't know if you guys have heard of Dave Ramsey, but he is a financial guru and has changed our life!) and as the pieces were falling into place in that aspect of our lives it sort of shined a light on the other aspects...like our health. It all ties together, i think...it is sort of like when you paint a wall in your house...the new wall looks great, but it makes the carpet look tired! So, as we became debt free I took on disciplining another piece of life and am shedding the pounds!
I always want to tell you guys that I got my measurements done at last weig in and even though I gained that .5, I am down 12 more inches for a total of 24!!!
It is going to be OK!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #371  
Gina

hoochinelly - My husband and I took the Dave Ramsey course this summer at our church - LOVED it! You're right, when you start paying attention to the details in your life, everything else falls into place. Our body is just a shell we carry on earth, but we should take care of it so we can accomplish all that we were meant to do!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #372  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyololo View Post
It seems like there is a lot of energy on the board about getting thru these next tricky months. It will be great to be able to come here to stay motivated.
Just as a little motivation for the challengees - you CAN make it through the next couple of months - if I can, anyone can!
I went to the stabilization "party" in October of last year. It occurred to me that it was the worst possible time of year to be adding foods weekly to my diet and still trying to maintain or lose weight. Not only Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas - but as it turned out, my mom took a turn for the worse & passed away just before Thanksgiving. But lo & behold, I made it through stabilization & officially made it to maintenance by New Year's (which became my personal goal). I didn't breeze straight through the 6 weeks, I had my setbacks, but I made it in about 10 weeks, I guess.
If I can do it, y'all can too! And I'm joining you - trying to lose these few lbs I've been messing with over the last couple of months.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #373  

Default im new here

ive started out at a weight of between 272 and 269 im now down to 239...but hit one serious plateau for about the past 3 weeks. anyone know how to kick it out..alsoo what is this " W I " you are all talking about i see your losing weight but what is it ?!

-Kellyyy
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #374  

Height: 5'6''

KellyGrace - welcome!! WI is "weigh in". Thats our short hand. I just posted a whole list of plateau-beating tips up about 5 posts. Look for my name and read through those. That helped me beat my 3 week plateau and I lost 8lbs at that next weigh in. Hope that helps.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Smile

I had WI today and lost 2 pounds . Next week I begin exercising and can’t wait to see how much that helps.

My parents are in town today along with my sister and her four girls. I have been really worried about how I was going to handle the whole food situation. Today’s lunch was the first challenge. I ended up making lunch for my parents and myself from my menu. They enjoyed the lunch and my Mother was happy because the entire lunch was only 4 points for her. My Mother told me she and my sister have started WW so I think this weekend will be easier than I thought.

Good luck to everyone, I enjoy reading all your posts and thank you for the advice.
Closed Thread