Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Method to drink water

Hi Everyone - I love reading everyone's posts and learn so much. I WI again on Friday and lost another 2.5 I was so excited. I do have a couple of questions. I did my first keto check that day and showed no trace. Checked again today myself (bought some) and still no change in color. Has anyone experienced this? I sure do want to lose fat...but don't know if that's happening if the color on the keto stik doesn't change.

NanaDB: You mentioned that the counselor told you how to divide my water intake to so many oz by a certain hr each day. What was her suggestion? I have to try and get my water in before very late at night otherwise I'm up all night. Also, have some bladder issues so drinking all this water is sometimes a problem at work . Any suggestions?

Also, how do I get the little weight bar to show up below my messages?

Keep posting!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Quick breakfasts: Hard boiled eggs and melba snacks can be eaten in the car. I usually drink orange HNS in the morning because it reminds me of Tang. Cappuccino is also a good AM drink. I also eat cottage cheese and toast a few mornings a week - it's quick and filling.

Veggie idea: (remember, I love spicy food) Cucumber spears with hot sauce and lime juice. One small cucumber often weighs 8 oz. I know it sounds strange, so you'll have to try this one for yourself - it's really good!

graduatethin: try a digital scale to get the most accurate weights. I got mine at a kitchen supply store but I've seen inexpensive ones at WalMart. Mine uses a watch battery, which I've had to replace since I use it so much! You asked about travel tips ... I always bring cut-up cold veggies in 8-oz baggies (cauliflower, celery, green pepper, radishes, etc), and string cheese if I don't know where/what I'll be eating. That way I'm in control and don't have to eat things that aren't on the plan. I'm sure you don't want string cheese and cold veggies for your anniversary dinner, but you can have those along for lunch or if you're driving, it's easy to eat in the car. Happy anniversary!

Yay, txrose!!! Congrats on making goal! Don't leave us!

Ramswife88 I've tried Enhancer and Hoodia, and I prefer the Enhancer. With the Enhancer, I never feel hungry until about 30 minutes before I'm supposed to eat, which I think is perfect. And I'm full after I eat. I was always STARVING on the Hoodia. It works for a lot of people, though. I'm thinking of trying All-Day next time I need something, since my loss is extremely slow.

molglo: The ketostrips never changed color for me. The women in my center said some people just don't register on them. I stopped using them after a couple weeks of negative tests. I tried it in my mouth since I had such a weird taste and feeling in my mouth the first few weeks, but no color change. I still try them from time to time, just for kicks -- nothing.

water: WalMart sells 100-oz bottles of water. I bought one and fill it up on weekend days, then drink till it's empty (in whatever glass I happen to be using). During the week, I just use a 32-oz. water bottle: I drink 32 oz on my way to work, at least 32 during the day, and another 32 on the way home. Then more at home in the evening. I too, try to limit my water after about 8pm or I'll be up during the night to use the bathroom.

I actually gained a pound this WI. So it's not even a plateau, but who knows what??? I ate the fish, have 4 HNS daily, and I drink 100+oz. water daily. I didn't exercise last week, so that might be it. Grrr!!

It's great to see all the activity on the board! I've been out of town since Friday morning, so I had a lot of reading to do in order to catch up with everyone! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by molglo View Post
NanaDB: You mentioned that the counselor told you how to divide my water intake to so many oz by a certain hr each day. What was her suggestion? I have to try and get my water in before very late at night otherwise I'm up all night. Also, have some bladder issues so drinking all this water is sometimes a problem at work . Any suggestions?
Also, how do I get the little weight bar to show up below my messages?
Keep posting!!!
Here is her suggestion for the water: 16 oz by 9 am; 16 oz by 12pm; 16 oz by 3pm; 16 oz by 6pm. Increase oz amount as tolerable. I find myself drinking more out of small bottles vs. 25 oz bottles since it is quicker to empty.

Ticker: go up to UserCP, edit signature, Questions, click here. There are directions. Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Welcome newme08. I too have tried everything and am down 21 pounds w/o cheating. I am on day 41 of the programe I think. It goes by fast, before you know it, it will be routine for you. I know at my center, there are some workers still working toward goal. So, it's encouraging to me that they know what I'm going through.

Also, just fixed the french toast from the cookbook & chilled the orange HNS concentrate overnight and poured it over it, WOW! Great treat!!! Just like a flavored syrup. Also, a girl at my center said she chilled the grape and mixed berry and put it on toast like jelly. I tried the mixed berry and it's great! Just thought I'd share w/everyone!!! Good luck on the WI's this week! I'll post mine Friday.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #200  

Height: 5'6''

Oh my goodness...I feel like I've been away for a month. I went away with hubby and another couple this weekend. Mostly, everything was fine. I had allergy issues (always happens to me at the lake), but I survived. Food was interesting. I am very proud to say that I stayed on plan all weekend. I had some marinated cucumbers while they ate chips and chilli dip, I had pudding while they had ice cream. It was pretty satisfying actually because I know a year ago when we were there, I had whatever I wanted to eat, but was gaining. We went to an outlet mall on Saturday and I bought my first pair of size 24 pants. They fit!! Not too tight (a little in the waist, but comfortable). I can't wait until they fall off of me like my 28s were. That alone was inspiration for me to stick to plan for the rest of the weekend.

I'm glad to see all of the successes and newbies here! Welcome and congrats to all! Newbies, congrats to you for making this committment. You'll wonder why you didn't do it before.

I'm gonna ask my center manager about the MSM next time I see her. I don't care that I only take 1 a day (the bottle lasts forever that way), but if more would be beneficial, then I want to up it. 3 WIs left until end of plan for me. I'll re-sign up of course, but I'd love to get goal before that. Whatever the end weight is, I'll be totally pleased!

Have a great week ladies and donuts!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #201  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by molglo View Post
I did my first keto check that day and showed no trace. Checked again today myself (bought some) and still no change in color. Has anyone experienced this? I sure do want to lose fat...but don't know if that's happening if the color on the keto stik doesn't change.

I register negative everytime I check my ketones. If any other color were to show up I wouldn't know what to do! So I always look for the negative. I was told it more than likely would be negative due to the amount of water intake. Hope this helps!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #202  

Default Thanks to all

MaryV: Thanks so much responses about the keytones and the water. Also about the quick breakfast and the veggies. I'm always in such a rush and eat in the car ont he way to work and this will help.

NanaDB: I'm excited. I followed your instructions about the ticker and set one up. I do have another question. What is the quickest way to do it for every post? Thanks too for the water info.

losingweightnow: It makes me feel much better to know that I'm not the only one not registering on the scale (keytone that is).

I will try all of them and see what works better for me. I WI today and no loss , but no gain so don't feel too bad.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Thank you Mary V-- I bought my scale at WalMart, didn't see any digital ones, but I will look again. It is difficult to know if the little needle thingy is where it should be! I will have to get a digital one.

Thanks for the trip advice,too. We will be flying to NY, I am wondering about taking my HNS packets on the plane? I am really wondering how I am going to stay on program when we are eating every meal out...I know that I can make good choices at the restaurant, but it won't be as good as being able to measure and prepare my own food. I guess I will just do the best I can and drink lots of water!

I am on day 2 of the "real" program. I am more rested today. Did fine last night-- really juggled to prepare dinner for my family and mine too. I was sweating by the time I sat down to eat! Ha! It is rare that we are all home for dinner at the same time, so I really wanted to sit with them. I cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot- just put it in frozen in the morning and it was great when we were ready for dinner.

I WI tomorrow- I am anxious to see if I am making progress. My clothes seem to fit better already!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #204  

[QUOTE=ShineOn;1881517] to all the newbies and returning people - volgirl71, graduatethin, molglo, flyinsolo, kristinedj, lauralynne0501

molglo - re: your question on quick meals. Try to keep some extra HNS packets and pre-packed melba toast (snack size baggies work good) in your car or desk. Planning ahead will be crucial for you. I've found I can eat cold chicken and cucumber spears very easily in the car! PLUS, cucumbers are a heavy veggie - for those days that I don't want a lot of vegatables to eat!! going more than 4 hours without food starts to put you in starvation mode. Make sure you eat within 1 hour of waking too.

Thanks so much for the quick meal tips. I really like the cold chicken and cucumber spears idea. Also. You mentioned "heavy veggie." Please explain!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #205  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

A vacation tip: When we went to WDW I brought all powder HNS. It would have been much easier to have the concentrate! Then I could have just opened the concentrate and poured it into a bottle of water. Instead I had to mix the powder in cold water and suffer through the lumps... The concentrates are less conspicuous also. We drove, so I have no idea about getting them on the plane as a carry on. It may work to put them in your luggage...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 334.5/250/211

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading everyones posts and find myself having some of the same issues and will try some of the suggestions that have been posted. I am so glad I found this site. It is going to help me out alot. I too will be traveling by plane during the holidays and wondering about taking my HNS with me. I really don't want to put them in my luggage just incase my luggage gets lost and then what do you do? But I am worried about taken them on as carry on. We will be gone for a couple of weeks and thats alot of HNS to carry on the plane. They might mistaken it for something else. You never know these days.
Anyway I wanted to tell everyone to keep us the good work. In the long run it will be worth it. I too am curious as to my weight loss this week. I wasn't able to go wi today and will have to wait until Friday and hoping for some good news. The last couple of weeks I have only lost 1 1/2 pound each week. But at least I didn't gain.
Everyone keep posting. Believe it or not it does help people like me to know there is someone else out there doing the same things I am.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #207  

Molglo - "heavy veggies"...when you have to eat 8oz of fresh veggies, it can be very very intimidating to eat that huge stack of veggies. It can be helpful to eat the veggie that weighs the most. Cucumbers weigh more that any of the other fresh veggies and can make the 8oz go a little quicker. They also help make a salad a little heavier as well.

stressed57 - we went on a two week vacation and drove and we had a box dedicated solely to MRC. With the pill bottles and the HNS it was quite a load to carry. A plane could be more difficult. I suggest either contacting the hotel and asking if you can ship a small package there ahead of time (explain it to them...protein drinks and medication) and ask them to hold it. Or...find out if there is an MRC local that you can buy your HNS from. Otherwise I'd say put it in your checked bag. You're right...it'll raise eyebrows in your carryon bag, so you could call the airline and ask their advice as well. They have customer service reps for a reason. Hope that helps
Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #208  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

stressed57 - 1 1/2 lbs a week is great. I think it was janetT that coined the phrase - each 1/2 lb is a fistfull of fat!!!

The airline rules have tightened - the only way to take your HNS concentrates with you is to pack them in your checked luggage. I would be a little concerned about them leaking on my clothing! You can carry as much powder as you want. I drink approximately half a bottle of the water, then pour the powder in - shake up. I rarely get any lumps, but it will mix better if the water is not ice cold. I got used to drinking room temperature water when we lived in England. I find tearing straight across the top and not at an angle works best. Also, a business card makes a good funnel!! Can you tell I do this a lot?!!

molglo - good question on the "heavy veggies" What I meant was the cucumber weighs a lot. A medium size with the ends cut off weighs around 8 oz - always weigh. But you can fill an entire dinner plate up with lettuce or fresh spinish and it only weighs around 4 oz! If I'm not feeling like eating a lot of veggies - I go for the "heavier" ones. Today I had ground turkey with 1 oz of cheese (lots of taco type spices). My "salad" with the meat was green pepper, cucumber, celery and some mushrooms. Some days I just can't face the lettuce!

graduatethin - Bed, Bath & beyond had some digital scales - don't you just love how convenient the new mall is!! Don't be afraid to tell them what you need to eat at the restaurants. I'm suprised at how many off menu substitutions they will make. For example, we always have Sunday lunch out as a family. We went to Ruby Tuesday's - there was no fruit on the salad bar that I could eat. I ordered a steak and steamed broccoli - verified that there was no butter - just steamed, and told her I didn't want the potatoes, but I wished there was fruit that I could have. She substituted the potatoes for sliced fresh strawberries. What a nice treat!! They didn't even have fruit as an option on the menu. Good luck at wi tomorrow!

molglo - Don't worry about the ketone. Our director told us that she stayed in negative to trace the whole time on program (I think she lost over 70lbs). They just want us to test once in a while to make sure there is no dramatic change. ie, you always test negative and then go to dark or always in dark and drop to negative. This gives them an indication that something is not right. CONGRATULATIONS on your 2.5 lb loss

Hvnlymzic - Welcome home, it sounds like you had a great trip. How fun to hear about the change in your social eating pattern and shopping!! I'm find business meetings are the toughest. You hate to sound to difficult when you are ordering. I just try to quietly tell the wait staff that I'm on a strict diet and ask what they would recommend. We're going to have to send out a search party for nomoredonuts4me - he's been MIA for a while now - where are you?

sb4me - thanks for the syrup tip. I was just told that the peach mango concentrate heated up was great over pancakes or french toast too! It seems like we can find an acceptable substitute for anything!!

Mary V - I'm going to try your spicy cucumber spears. That sounds oddly good! Isn't it weird how our bodies hold weight and then release quickly. I felt like my body was trying to sabotage me all last week. I was extremely hunger (first time I had that problem) and then I gained a 1/2 lb. But, I'm not giving in. I have way too much weight to lose!!!

krazykk - Congratulations on another 2 lbs! You are doing great!!

I better go cook before my class :-) I love how active this board is getting!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-09-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #209  

Shineon - I'm wondering if Donuts got into more trouble with the moderator that he made angry...I guess we'll see. I'm sure he'll show back up and shame us all with his male quick weight loss. I love Ruby Tuesday! I may be wrong, but I think they have a buffalo burger. I've ordered that with steamed veggies before. Thats the third restraunt I found had buffalo. (the others are a local place and Ted's Montana Grill) Their salad bar is pretty good too.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Shine On-Thanks for the info and yes, the new mall is great!

KrazyK- congrats to you!! You are doing great!
Closed Thread