Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Height: 5'3"

Angelhealer, I take it you teach Elem. What grade? I teach 7th&8th Hist. and coach HS
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #107  

I met w/ a counselor from Fort Collins, CO visiting our Bellevue center today. She was full of information & encouragement. She told me to increase my Flax to 3 per meal, MSM to 2 per meal, and how to divide my water intake to so many oz by a certain hr each day. She suggested I start Metabolic Appetite Control by taking 4 per day. I was set to buy the small bottle until the center said they only sold the $75 bottle--too much $$$ for 1 bottle of pills.(I shop our base commissary--found Flax 1k mg with 180 pills for $7. MSM was even cheaper. And yes, they are water soluable.)

She (wish I could remember her name) also recommended a dvd for starting a walking routine: "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. I'm checking Walmart today.

What I walked away with from today's WI was: This is a hard process to learn & do. After years of neglecting my health, will-power has to be strong to succeed. I've never dieted in my 56 yrs. of life--so no wonder I am struggling. And I don't have to do this alone--I have my center and ALL of YOU! Blessings!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 177/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Default new here - LOVE this support group...

I'm back to try to do this by myself (hence the handle Flyin Solo ) with MRC principals I learned when I went to MRC back in 2004 and lost about 20 lbs of 40. I had to quit when the pressure and guilt from my center got to be too much. I've found the HNS online and should get my first delivery today. I have all my old material and have been going through it to get up to speed. Any suggestions? Anyone tried successfully to do this without the center visits? I simply cannot spend the $$ required to sign up. You all are a great group. I've been reading through all the pages.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Luck flyinsolo, I have ordered drinks from online also every once in awhile. I live an hour from my center, and sometimes don't make it but once every two weeks, but mostly once a week. Anyway, where do you order your drinks? I have ordered some from www.bodyandhealthessentials.com
Good Luck to everyone this week!

Last edited by jennifer34; 10-04-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 177/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome! I ordered mine at nashuanutrition.com. They're comparable to all the others posted on here, maybe even a little cheaper. I ordered 4 boxes (3 clears, 1 mint bar) and my total incl shipping was $46.75. I believe they're all the same product w/ a different name across the top. We'll see when I get mine. Not cheaper than the center but WAY cheaper than the sign up required
Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #111  
43 years young

S/C/G: 162/159/130

Height: 5'7"

Question MSM main use?

Hey
I have had MSM in my basket of goodies from the center for a year it seems and have only taken them intermittenly. What do y'all take them for mostly? I know they are supposed to be good for joints, hair, nails, etc but is there something else? I love hearing all the advice from so many different centers -- it always helps to hear maybe the same thing just different delivery.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 195/172/155

Height: 5'7"

hi y'all
I just made the strawberry meal replacemnt shake...added fresh strawberries and crushed ice...It was NASTY!!!!! Has anyone tried these? Did I do something wrong? I honestly took one tiny sip and almost gaggged. Needless to say, the rest went down the drain! Yuck!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #113  

I was told on Wed. it helps support the cell walls. As we age, they become unstable. It is also an anti-inflammatory for fibromyalgia. I was told to increase it to 2/meal. (see earlier post).

Last edited by NanaDB; 10-04-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 162.5/158.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, all! I've been reading all the posts but thought I should give a little update for myself, too. I WI'd on Monday (my first one this time around) and was down 3 lbs. woohoo! I'll go again tomorrow... hope it's down a little bit more. I'm doing better this time around. No crying fits at night over missed food. lol! BUT, it's still tough sometime staying motivated. I'm only a week or so into this... I'm amazed at some of your losses! How do you do it? How do you push through those weak moments? Today for lunch I just couldn't do another salad. So.... I had the chocolate mint meal replacement bar. (yummy!) I ate that along with a diet coke. Kinda made me feel like I was cheating... you know... eating a candy bar for lunch and drinking a soda. lol! So far, I'm still okay as far as feeling satisfied. But late afternoons are killer for me. I do drink a HNS during that time to curb my appetite before dinner. But, I really want to EAT during that time! Any tips on fighting my late afternoon munchies? I've been doing pretty well fighting them off so far... but...

Just gotta tell you all that I love reading your posts! Lots of great information here! I'm just amazed at your will power and dedication!!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #115  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! WOW! Everyone has been doing fantastic! There are a lot of newbies, and you are all doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!

I went to WI today, and it was the first WI since almost 2 weeks ago that I have lost weight! I went from a 47 pound loss to gaining 2 pounds then losing 3.5!! I am now down 48.5 pounds! WOO-HOO! I have lost 58.5 inches! It was a fantastic morning!! And to top it off the scale moved below 200! I weighed in at 199.5! Not only did I cry, but the 2 ladies working did too! This is the first time in over 4 years that I have weighed less than 200 pounds... I have been excercising more often, and did sign up to do a 5k run/walk in January. So, I do have goals, and have to reach them - I talked one of my sisters to join me in the 5k and we are encouraging each other to keep on. It has been hard, but worth it!

Keep up the good work everyone! I am so proud of all of you!

OH! Before I go - I had fish 4 times this week also. I made it for dinner twice and saved left overs for 2 lunches. I also had buffalo burgers for dinner one night. Tonight is chicken, I just couldn't do fish again... I do think it made a difference...

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #116  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Usually I don't write this much, but haven't posted in a while and have some time right now...

I also had my cholesterol & such checked out not too long ago:
FEB SEPT
263 59 Triglycerides
50 42 HDL
104 91 LDL

207 145 total cholestrol

It's amazing to me how these numbers change...

kristinedj stop drinking the diet coke and drink more water. If you have soda on your plan then it should be sodium and caffine free. (diet rite). As for those weak moments I just think "this too shall pass" and drink my water or a HNS or do something - clean, work, get up & walk away from the area you're at and focus on something else. You can do this, and those small weak moments will go away. Keep it up! Can't wait to hear about your great losses!

Last edited by losingweightnow; 10-04-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default excercise

Hi to all
I am really struggling to get started on this plan... I have done it before and I know that it works. I don't know what my problem is.

Anyway, I was going to ask, does anyone know if it is better to walk/exercise before or after you eat dinner?

I have been walking after, but I heard that there is a possibility that it is better to walk before?

Maybe I can get my butt in gear and do this.

Thanks for all the help.....

Talk to you guys later, hopefully a little lighter.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #118  

Height: 5'6''

nanadb - Wow...thats radically different than how they tell me to take my pills. I take one MSM a day...not even at each meal. Thats what kinda drives me crazy about this program...WHERE IS THE CONTINUITY?? I didn't like the MAC...you'll have to let us know what you think of it, but it didn't do much for me, but then you're taking 4 and I took 2 in the am and one in the pm...none with meals...keep us posted.

MSM helps the cell structure and can help fend off saggy skin (a little)...where is ShineOn? She is the MSM guru here...

Off to the lake! Have a good weekend Ladies and Donuts...see ya Tuesday (unless there is WIFI at the lake...which i doubt).
Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #119  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Msm

Nomoredonuts4me had a really good explanation. Since the MSM question has come up so much recently, I took a direct quote from freelife's website. I find their explanations are easy to understand for us "common people" When my exzemia (sp?) flares up, I increase my dosage to 2,000 mg in the morning and 2,000 mg in the evening. This isn't center directed, I just find this works for me. BTW, goji juice got a shout out on the Oprah show - maybe in a couple years I'll stop getting the puzzled look!

Scientific research demonstrates MSM's potential to:

Offer nutritional support for the immune system

Help promote a healthy digestive system

Make skin appear softer and feel smoother

Provide nutritional support for healthy skin, hair and nails

Assist in supporting healthy connective tissues underlying the skin

Hailed as a great advance in nutritional science, the substance methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is one of the most versatile and beneficial of all nutrients. It's also one of the most often overlooked. In spite of the fact that sulfur is the fourth most abundant mineral in our bodies, sulfur supplementation has never received the attention it merits.

Sulfur is a basic component of the proteins that form our organs and muscles. Beyond that, sulfur is crucial to many of the vitamins, enzymes, hormones and antibodies that keep us alive and healthy. Everything from our muscles and organs to our skin and bones relies on organic sulfur in some way.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 314/273/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi there everyone! I have posted before, but it has been awhile. I am still on MRC and doing ok. I have lost 41 lbs in 18 weeks. a little slow, but there are medical reasons for it. Well, today I got a call from my MRC center and apparently I haven't been on the correct menu this whole time. I am an insulin-dependent diabetic and I should have been on the Meta-Balance menu. I will get more info when I go tomorrow. Is anyone on this menu? If so, I am just curious how it is broken down. So, hopefully this will help kickstart me. I was on a 5-week plateau and finally lost 5 lbs last week. This week I am up quite a bit due to my monthly cycle and water retention.
Closed Thread