Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 177/160/130

Height: 5'4"

So I'm thinkin about calling up the ol' center and asking them what my starting/ending weight was when I was enrolled just to refresh myself on how I did and what I can expect this time around. I wonder how I'll be received? They've mailed offers a few times in the past few years and called a few times to invite me back, but I really just want to buy whatever supplements I need and monitor myself. I really did have success the first time around until I hit a few bumps in the road (illness, etc.) and they weren't very understanding. The PROGRAM works when you follow it, it's the human factor (girls @ Midland center) for me that was a deal breaker. Plus I really didn't tell my hubby about it the first time around and the $$ became harder for me to justify. Now we're all out in the open. I'm excited to get my first shipment and really get going!!

Thanks for letting me drop in on your group! You all are inspiring!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinSolo View Post
So I'm thinkin about calling up the ol' center and asking them what my starting/ending weight was when I was enrolled just to refresh myself on how I did and what I can expect this time around. I wonder how I'll be received? They've mailed offers a few times in the past few years and called a few times to invite me back, but I really just want to buy whatever supplements I need and monitor myself. I really did have success the first time around until I hit a few bumps in the road (illness, etc.) and they weren't very understanding. The PROGRAM works when you follow it, it's the human factor (girls @ Midland center) for me that was a deal breaker. Plus I really didn't tell my hubby about it the first time around and the $$ became harder for me to justify. Now we're all out in the open. I'm excited to get my first shipment and really get going!!

Shipment??? You get your supplements shipped to you from MRC???
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Hey all! I had my second WI - first full week and lost another 2.5 pounds making 6.5 in one week! Whoo Hoo It has been a lot of work but worth it! I really haven't started exercising yet, so need to get that going!

Gatorbear- I am on the Meta-Balance. On it we get dairy and have to balance our HNS with carb. I fell I have had good success this week on it. I don't know what the other menus look like, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Good to see all the new people and old ones reappearing!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #124  

Marylou - I ordered my supplements online from nashuanutrition.com. There's several places online that have the HNS and bars. Some are listed on previous posts here. I think the price is comparable.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Height: 5'7"

Smile

NanaDB - What MSM do you take? I am also taking MSM, but was told to take three at night. Is there two different types? I suppose I better ask when I go in tomorrow. You are right. Will-power does need to be strong to succeed. I really think some days my will-power is at 100% and some days it is only at 10%, but on those 10% days, I jump on here and read everyone's posts, and before you know it, the will power is back up to 100%.

Hoochinelly
– I have not tried the strawberry meal replacement, actually I have not tried any meal replacement. At what point did you start those? I guess this is a question for everyone/anyone. When does your diet change? Is it determined by weight or by day on MRC?

Kristinedj
– Tomorrow will be my day 14, I don’t know what plan you are on, but I will tell you what I do. When there is something I really want, like tonight I wanted steak quesadillas, so I made the steak quesadillas. I made them, but I did not eat them. I don’t know if I am just mental, but I crave something and that craving gets bigger the longer I go without, but when I have it in front of me an I have the option of eating it and possibly having a gain or not eating and knowing I will lose, I don’t eat it. I think by me having to cook it, it takes all the allure away from eating it. For instance, tomorrow I will be making them meatloaf because I really want some meatloaf. (No, I am not making them unhealthy food, all the meat has been replaced with buffalo, they just don’t know it.)

Another thing I do is try to make my food as appetizing as possible. Last night I had chicken covered with four ounces of sautéed mushrooms and green onion. That was my meal and it was as good as what I have gotten in restaurants without all the fat and salt.

I would try doing other vegetables. When I eat salad, I feel like I am on a diet, but when I eat green beans I feel like I am treating myself.

When all else fails, before you eat anything, get online and read how the group is doing. When you finish, you probably will not want to eat the bad stuff.

I hope this advice helps, I did mention that I may be a little mental so please take this with a grain of sea salt.

Losingweightnow I got misty eyed just reading your post. You broke the 200 mark, fantastic!

Laralynne0501 - I believe walking before is so you do not want to over eat at dinner. Since our meal amounts are pretty much set, I would workout after, but make sure it is at least two hours before you go to bed. If you exercise too close to bed time, your body will still be “awake” while you are trying to get to sleep. This decreases the good sleep time you have which can decrease weight loss. Also make sure you are drinking extra water because of the exercising. I think it is something like an additional 8 ounces for every half hour.

Gatorbear – Doing ok? I think you are doing incredible! You have lost the equivalent of a four year old!

Krazykk Great Job! I have not started exercising yet either. I am waiting until someone figures out what sent me to the ER. In the meantime, my house has never been so clean. I am afraid to go to the gym, but I will spend hours vacuuming, putting away toys, scrubbing the floors, and doing laundry. I think it is just a mental thing for me now.

Leigh

Last edited by 4my2ltl1s; 10-04-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #126  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

to all the newbies and returning people - volgirl71, graduatethin, molglo, flyinsolo, kristinedj, lauralynne0501

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. I feel like the fish is really working. My DH washed my skinny jeans - I carefully put them on and they fit with room to spare! I'm now at a weight that I haven't seen in 5 years. Anything beyond this will be new territory for me since I can't remember how long it's been since I've seen under the 240's!

Marylou65 - as for your fish question, check under your allowable proteins. Make sure you're only eating white fish (ie, salmon & shrimp are only allowed up to 2 times per week). The fish is the lowest calorie protein you can consume, that's why it usually kicks up the pounds lost.

I've really appreciated all the fish recipes. I had honestly never cooked fish at home and now I feel like I've mastered it!! It really is a fast dinner. Another thing I've been making when in a hurry is steamed broccoli. I use one of those Pampered Chef Micro Steamers, throw in the broccoli with a dash of water and sprinkle with Molly McButter. It takes about 3 min, drain the water and yum! I only eat salads a couple times a week - just too boring and it takes a while to eat - always in a hurry!

molglo - re: your question on quick meals. Try to keep some extra HNS packets and pre-packed melba toast (snack size baggies work good) in your car or desk. Planning ahead will be crucial for you. I've found I can eat cold chicken and cucumber spears very easily in the car! PLUS, cucumbers are a heavy veggie - for those days that I don't want a lot of vegatables to eat!! going more than 4 hours without food starts to put you in starvation mode. Make sure you eat within 1 hour of waking too.

Jant - Thanks for the Latte recipe!! It never occured to me to buy flavored decafe!!

Hi NanaDB - are you going to the funnel cake class on Saturday??? KrazyKK will be there too. I've listened to the tapes the CO lady recommended - they're good. Have you tried walking at the base gym? You only need a couple laps for a mile - good place to go when it starts getting cold out. Maybe we can walk together some time.

hoochinelly - Now I'll know not to try the Strawberry meal replacement I tried the Peach Fluff - there was nothing fluffy about it and it looked gross. I tried it anyway, and it was very good. I just don't know what I did wrong - it was like a watered down milkshake.

kristinedj - I need to echo losingweightnow - no diet coke. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should only drink soda after you have met your water requirements for the day and it needs to be caffeine free and sodium free. Diet Rite is a little easier to find, but there are other brands too. And guess what . . . . caffeine stimulates your appetite!! That might be causing some of your hunger pangs. Our body will tell us we're hungry when we are thristy too. Just chug that water. When I'm really hungry before a meal, I will drink my HNS while cooking. By the time I sit down to eat - the edge is off and I feel more satisfied. You're doing great - 3lbs already!! Try to get creative with your foods so you don't feel like you are missing anything. You are worth it!!!

losingweightnow - CONGRATUALATIONS and welcome to ONE-derland!!!! I can hardly wait to get there!!! I have a good feeling that you will be annoucing the 50lb board signing by your next wi : !!! I would have definately needed tissue for that moment too Congrats on your numbers too. My doc is running a whole new set at the 6 week mark - 22 Oct, can hardly wait to see what they will be.

Lauralynne0501 - Morning, noon, night, midnight - the best time of the day to work out is when it works for you!!! Just do it as the Nike ad says. Seriousely, there is no "right" time, it's just important to do. Variety is important so you don't hurt yourself - ie, work different muscle groups instead of doing the same thing everyday.

gatorbear - That's 82 fits of fat!!! You're doing great and you're still ahead of the average diet weight loss which is 2 lbs a week. I hope the new plan works for you. I'm on the Meta Slim Plus, but I'm not insulin dependent. Have you noticed a drop in your blood sugar since starting? I'm averaging a 40 point drop.

krazykk - You are doing FANTASTIC!!!! I'm so impressed with how quickly your body is responding to this eating plan!!! See you on Saturday - can hardly wait to meet you in person!!

Wow, I really got chatty tonight Good luck at WI's tomorrow. And here's some will power dust for all of you with grumbling tummies

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-04-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 314/273/150

Height: 5'3"

Krazy:
Thanks for the info. What kind of dairy is allowed and what type of carbs? Just curious.

4my2:
You are right! Thank you for the encouragement!

ShineOn:
Thank you! That is true, I have not been able to ever lose this much before. Well, I noticed a hugw drop in blood sugar within 2 days of pre-conditioning. N They were steadily staying in the 300s + pre MRC, now they are normal and low. I was also on the MetaSlim Plus, but when they realized I was taking insulin they said I need to be MetaBalance. I think that is good, because of the lows I am having to have extra carbs, which was slowing my progress. My doctor has dropped my insulin level once, but I think it is time to drop it more. My Hemoglobin A1C dropped from a 12.4 to an 8.5 in 3 month of being on MRC. I am getting more and more lows though. I am also on diabetes medication, that's how out of control it was before MRC. So, that is one thing that is keeping me motivated for sure!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gatorbear; 10-04-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinSolo View Post

I understand the $$ situation. I am enduring that for the time being. I hope to reach goal before my funds run out. If you have a copy of the old diet that should help. It has been good for me so far, after 30+ days. I'm in the WTX area too. I use the Odessa center, they seem great so far. Maybe they can help you. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
to all the newbies and returning people - volgirl71, graduatethin, molglo, flyinsolo, kristinedj, lauralynne0501
hoochinelly - Now I'll know not to try the Strawberry meal replacement I tried the Peach Fluff - there was nothing fluffy about it and it looked gross. I tried it anyway, and it was very good. I just don't know what I did wrong - it was like a watered down milkshake.

kristinedj - I need to echo losingweightnow - no diet coke. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should only drink soda after you have met your water requirements for the day and it needs to be caffeine free and sodium free. Diet Rite is a little easier to find, but there are other brands too.

DITTO to everything ShineOn said!!! and a little more to:

hoochinelly ~ I have not tried any of the meal replacement shakes....but I get the vanille-vanilla liquid to use as coffee creamer. It's pricey (6/$15) but one will last me 7-10 days as creamer (keep it refrigerated). Said all that to get to this: One Saturday for lunch I used one vanille-vanilla and blended in 4 frozen strawberries and a few ice cubes. It was more than wonderful! Honestly, even DH said it tasted like a strawberry shake! I called my center to see how to count it.....1 creamy HNS and fruit. Not even my whole lunch!

kristinedj ~ I was suffering from withdrawals from Diet Sunkist and Hvnlymzic gave me wise counsel on sodas when I first started the program. only have a soda AFTER you have consumed 75% of your daily water allowance. It really worked for me! I now drink Diet Rite Tangerine and I don't even miss the caffeine! Once I became caffeine-free...my cravings left. Give it a try!

On MSM...I take 4 every night! Funny how different centers give different instructions!!

Tomorrow I see my doctor for the 1st time in 6 weeks! Can wait to see his reaction to 25lbs down!!! to everyone this weekend!

JanT
Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Don't you just love this program! I have not posted in a while, but still hanging in there. Down 36 lbs now. I saw the scales below the 250 mark for the first time in at least 10 yrs, maybe 15. Many of you are breaking your own records too...Congratulations! For the newbies, I can say I have tried every diet program Ive ever heard of, and this is the first that is truly helping me change my lifestyle. I also started Curves for the workout and Im loving it. It is amazing how fast the changes come. When you are trying to get started it seems impossible, but just push yourself through it and before you know it you will see results, not only in the scales, but clothing, and finding yourself to be physically stronger than you were just a few weeks ago. This is a great board. Thank you everyone for all your input.

NanaDB - I love your sign off. I glady and proudly support our troops. God bless them and all of their families!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #131  

Talking ShineOn

NanaDB- are you going to the funnel cake class on Saturday??? KrazyKK will be there too. I've listened to the tapes the CO lady recommended - they're good. Have you tried walking at the base gym? You only need a couple laps for a mile - good place to go when it starts getting cold out. Maybe we can walk together some time.

I tried to sign up for the class on Wed. but they said it was full. I may try to sneak in. I am going to the Grocery class the next Sat. Thought about that? I would luv to meet you and KK. What will you both be wearing Sat at class so I can spot you.

I also wonder why each center tells you different ways to take your pills. Maybe we should ask Dr DoNuts for professional advice.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

kristinedj - have you tried having a HNS in between lunch and breakfast and then eating lunch later? That might help you by feeling fuller during your afternoon time.

Speaking of MSM, I've taken it for years, 500mg twice a day for joint pain. I take the kind with glucosamine in it. Now I take 500mg 3x/day; that's what my center recommends. The dosage makes a big difference. Everyone who's taking it, check how much you're taking.

WI today. Still stuck at 154. I guess it's plateau time for me. *sigh* I know if I stick with it, the pounds will fall off. You can't not lose weight on this plan.

Have a good weekend everyone! I'm off to the beach!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #133  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! A big thanks to all of you for your encouragement! I couldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for your help!!

As for centers telling us different things... I think they try to figure out what is will work for each one of us individually. Taking pills at different times effects each person differently, so even though we are on the same menus, the supplements effect us all so different... Ok - there are my 2 cents! (it's all I have right now - anyone else have more?)

Menu changes: they have changed me to the green menu - Meta-Slim. I was on the beige menu - Meta-Slim Plus. Once you get under 200 they will change it. The only difference between the 2 is the Plus menu has you eating 6 ounces of protein and the green menu has you eating 4 ounces. Which I am honestly looking forward to. I was starting to have trouble eating 6 ounces... Never thought I would be saying that!! Oh - and the green menu limits you to 4 HNS a day. Which I have mixed feelings about. Most days I can easliy get 5 in, but there are days when 4 is enough.

Have a great weekend everyone! Keep up the great work!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #134  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Woke up this morning with my first TOM encounter since on program. I was really bummed since I was looking forward to a good wi. I worked out anyway and went in for a late wi - lunch time - BUT I lost another 1 lb YEAH FISH!!! I was thrilled to say the least

gatorbear - That is an amazing A1C drop! When I asked my "tight wad" DH if he was concerned about the money I was spending, he immediately said nope, it's health care so it doesn't count! My health is what got me to MRC, the numbers on the scale is a bonus.

jantdieting - Good luck at your Dr's apt tomorrow! I would love to hear what he has to say. I'm actually looking forward to my apt instead of the dread.

For lunch today I made a strawberry shake - 3/4 cup of fresh strawberries, 6 ounces of diet cream soda and a vanilla pudding HNS. Yummy - tasted like a strawberry milshake too. Nice and refreshing - we're having a hot muggy Omaha day - very weird for Oct. I adapted a recipe - the original called for diet strawberry soda but I was out. The cream soda gave it a nice soft milky flavor.

THISTIMESDIFFERENT - it's great to see your name pop up again!!! I'm a curves girl too - for me it's a perfect compliment to the MRC program.

NanaDB - Just sneak in I'm sure there will plenty of no shows. Haven't thought about what I'll be wearing. Everyday in the closet is an adventure now. If you click on my flying girl image, it will pull up a picture of me - my hair is a little longer now and half the time it's up in a pony tail. If I don't see you, I'll just start yelling NANADB, KrazyKK!!

losingweightnow - I agree, that's what I like about MRC, it's very individualized. I think it's important to just keep experimenting for the vitamins & supplements until you get a combination that works best for you.

Hope to see lots of successful wi posts tonight and tomorrow - good luck everyone

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-05-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #135  

Ok, I got the HNS in the mail today and had a thought... Should I do a "preconditioning" for a few days? Or dive right in. I really don't drink more than one cup of coffee in the morning and I pretty much have been following a 5 sm meals/snacks a day...isnt' that pretty much what the precondition was? I don't have any paperwork on that. Just wondered if anyone had a suggestion. I want to maximize the benefits of the HNS and eating plans (which is why I'm not having any today since I think I had too much for lunch)

FYI - my green paper is METASLIM PLAN. that's it. no "plus", no "2" or "3"... But I'm starting with the day 1-4 menu, tomorrow. wish me luck!
Closed Thread