Old 07-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday to everyone!

Laura, Congratulations on getting back where you need to be to move forward. You've done so well and been so committed in the face of a lot of emotional difficulties. You deserve every success and continued success!

I also struggle with the fruit issue. In fact, I do eat some (not lots but some) berries. They are lower in sugars that many other fruits. For me the key is to not add any of the other typical things that often go with fruit. No other sugars, dessert additives - pie, crumbles, ice cream etc. I will eat a low fat cottage cheese with some berries on it. That way I get the protein, fat and some healthy carbs.

I have to admit, I also went off the rails slightly over the long holiday weekend and now my parents are here for a visit. I am trying to remain focused on my end goal but I am struggling a bit. I just flat out need to eat less of the healthy foods I am eating. Perhaps getting back to measurement of what I eat. On a NSV note, I found 2 plastic bins of clothes last night I had stashed away and forgotten about. I am very excited to try them on and wear some! They have been too small for the past 3 summers.

Let's stay focused together and do this thing!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Laura ~

I knew you'd do it. A few days and you've gotten to your lowest. WTG!! You must feel so good AND light.

I so get your desire for fruit. I wasn't doing MF during this season last year so I can't give you any tips I used BUT I do know that feeling of missing something that is good and healthy but not on plan during the weight loss phase. Be assured that I've added a good amount of berries to my daily diet and have not gained a bit. Try to focus on looking forward to this season next year when you will be basking in the joy of your weight loss while enjoying the fruit of the season. I can assure you it is well worth the wait!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 07-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #198  

Hi Sheila ~

I love your NSV! Trying on smaller clothes and having them fit is such a great feeling.

I like your ideas with fruit. I think the key that you are speaking to is not indulging in fruit with the foods that we all used to love...like for me would be berry cobbler.

It is easy to get off plan with holidays and company. I really think the portions of what we eat is so much what MF teaches with their portioned out meals. It makes me realize how most of our weight gains resulted in continuous overeating...even the healthy stuff.

Enjoy your time with your parents. Like, Laura, you'll be back at it and stronger than ever.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 07-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #199  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Thanks all!

Last weekend when I was preparing my 'red, white, and blue' special dessert for the 4th, I bought strawberries and blueberries. Unfortunately, Wegmans had only HUGE containers for sale, so I have a ton of both leftover. I was slicing strawberries for my husband's breakfast but not sure what to do with the blueberries. I think I will freeze them.

I was looking to just have a half a cup and maybe I'll plug it into MFP to see how that impacts my carbs for the day. I don't eat them with other things, so I may get away with it. We'll see...
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #200  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Laura ~ Thank you for the shout out! I have been praying for your mother. I volunteer in a nursing home and I love speaking with the residents as they try to recall past and present events. I concur with Karen: be completely present when visiting your mom.

Thank you, too, as well as, Karen, Steph and Sheila and TWINCA for updating your coping strategies in this eating arena!

I am posting a tidbit I wrote in the Summer Sweating Challenge today:

"After 5 days on low carb I am feeling so much better after a 5 day debacle of binge eating. I am reading Rational Recovery by Jack Trimpey and it has helped immensely in stopping -once and for all - this irrational behavior.

Let's all embrace this summer as our time to succeed and sweat!"

...I am back in the 130's again - albeit high 130's...thus my proactive approach to getting back down to 130 or lower...preferably 125. I am utilizing an approach of counting calories, carbs and protein. I am still eating some Medifast products, but carefully tracking all the stats.

My husband has been on the ketogenic diet since January and lost 40.6 pounds. He has 39 to go. Good fat is unlimited (like unrefined coconut oil) and protein and carbs are counted. What I learned is too much protein can actually deter weight loss. You don't need as much as you think. It is the ratio of fat, protein and carbs.

I am not following this program. I need more variety. He is very satisfied though. So we do our own thing...sharing what we can...and leaving the rest.

So that is where I am right now. I do follow all of you in your journeys and plan to again join in often!!! I do value your friendship and input - we have been together through so much!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 07-07-2017 at 01:22 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #201  
NOOM user

Happy Monday all!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Joyce! Thanks for checking in!! Appreciate your prayers for my mom. They appear to be working as she is improving every day. She no longer appears to have the dementia, just her regular level of forgetfulness that she's had for years. She has the same person looking after her everyday and that has helped immensely.

My husband and I went to a beautiful winery in the Virginia countryside on Saturday. Ate a little outside the parameters but nothing major and I'm still down in weight.

My second hand clothes that I got after my initial big loss are getting loose so I am going to try out the size 20s in my closet. I have a dress that was a 16/18 that was really tight when I got married and I keep checking on it's fit. Once I can do it up tightly I will know I am back to my wedding weight and will try on my dress again. When I got married, I bought a very very tight size 20 and it's always been my goal to fit into it without Spanx or any other help. I think sooner than later I'll be pulling it out of the closet to give it a try.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Onward and downward!!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #202  

Laura ~

The winery visit sounds delightful. I so enjoy them. They always feel so romantic to me. I got married at a Napa Valley winery in California so they are near and dear to my heart.

It is so fun to have that ONE dress that you know will say "You made it". How great to have it be your wedding dress!!

I am glad you are doing so well and winning this race. Your consistency and drive to the finish line is astounding in light of the several bumps along the way.

Karen
Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #203  
NOOM user

Happy Hump Day!!

I feel like I'm talking into a vacuum, but I know y'all are out there. Hope everyone is doing well. Took my measurements last night and I'm definitely a solid size 20 which is nice. My wardrobe has expanded a little to clothes I bought over the years thinking that I only needed to lose 10lbs to fit into them; turns out it was over 50! LOL

I'm back on the losing track and 100% on plan. I'm at my lowest weight, 243.3, and have my next goal in sight. I hope to achieve it within 2 weeks (I'm realistic these days and no longer count on the big losses - just let them happen when they will). This journey is going to take longer than I planned, but I'm in a good groove now and for the time being it's my 'lifestyle', my reality, until the next journey that will be maintenance.

Conservatively speaking, I won't be near goal until winter of 2018 and I'll have to deal with Thanksgiving and Christmas between now and then. I know that will be the next big hurdle (as will my vacation in October) but if I plan for the little bumps during then and stay 100% on plan outside those times, I am confident that I should hit Onederland by Christmas. Not what I was hoping for, but life is not predictable...

Onward and downward my lovelies!!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #204  

Laura ~

You have such good mental motivation as you keep powering through the many months you have been on MF. I've always had to remind my own self that it took quite a good number of years to pack on the 80+ pounds I lost, and it would take not only time to get it off, but most importantly it would be something I would have to be mindful of for the rest of my life. I think we are close to the same age and weight loss gets harder as we get older. Menopause is still a nagging reality for me that requires that I HAVE TO watch excess calories and excess unhealthy carbs in order to maintain. As much as I would like to fight it and think I don't have to be aware of what my food choices are, reality has reminded me I DO have to pay attention A LOT!

I like that you give yourself breaks and don't sweat about vacations and upcoming holidays. You really trust yourself and you've proven if you go off plan a day or two you get right back on. THAT in itself is a major NSV!!

I'm cheer-leading you on to victory!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 07-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #205  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Default Re-Introducing Myself

Hi everyone -- Last year I was posting on here pretty regularly about my TSFL/Medifast journey. I stopped posting because the board seemed inactive, but I'm glad to see it's active again. So far I've lost about 50 lbs and then I had a bit of a setback, but I'm back on track now and looking forward to seeing results again. Hope everyone is having a great week
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #206  
NOOM user

SweetEpiphany!!! So nice to finally meet you!!! Saw all your posts from last year and wondered how you were doing. We are definitely active!!! Welcome home!!!

**I literally yelled, "YAY" when I saw your name as having posted in the thread!!!!!

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 07-12-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #207  
NOOM user

Karen, thanks for the encouragement. I would love this to be a shorter journey but I know if I want to lose all my weight (and not give up at 180, only to gain it all back), it's going to take a time commitment. Always welcome some good cheer-leading!!!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #208  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
SweetEpiphany!!! So nice to finally meet you!!! Saw all your posts from last year and wondered how you were doing. We are definitely active!!! Welcome home!!!

**I literally yelled, "YAY" when I saw your name as having posted in the thread!!!!!
Thanks
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:28 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Hello Everyone!
I'm just completing week 1 on Medifast and I'm doing it through my doctor so today is my first weigh-in/result day!!!! I am super nervous because I am a huge results oriented person and I hope to have good results to keep me motivated! I've learned some new stuff reading thru the thread and I look forward to reading through them all! I'm glad to have found this group and looking forward to meeting some new people on my same journey!
Brandi911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #210  
NOOM user

Brandi!! You have a great support system here and with your doctor, you can rock this!! Good luck on your first weigh in and keep checking back in! Share your journey with us, please!