Laura ~ You go girl!!!

to the 30's!!!

I am so proud of you!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #257  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Joyce! I was literally thinking about you and almost posted. I saw in the Sweat This Summer challenge that you missed a weigh in due to illness. Are you feeling okay? I have missed seeing your posts.

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 08-08-2017 at 03:11 PM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Laura ~

I think staying active like you are is a real key to continued weight loss. It keeps your metabolism up and that good-feeling going from those endorphin's.

I've added free hand weights to my routine a few months ago and I am really seeing better definition and way less flab.

I'm glad we're both embracing exercise as part of our weight loss routine!

Joyce ~

I love seeing your post. I hope you are doing well.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 08-08-2017 at 04:01 PM.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #259  
NOOM user

Karen I'm amazed at how I feel today! I was awake at 4am and usually that means I hit the wall around 2pm and cannot get out of my own way. I had my L&G around 1pm and was like a kitten on crack, I was so energetic! I didn't even eat all the veggies I brought and just ate them around 3:30. Here I am hyper as all heck again. Crazy!! I may crash after dinner, but to be honest I have not had a good night's sleep for a few days so it may be a welcome crash.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #260  
NOOM user

Happy Hump Day!

Another day, another loss. I'm pleased with this new strategy. I haven't slept well for the last few nights, so I took a sleep aid last night. Boy did that work!! My husband had to wake me at 7am so I wouldn't be late for work. I'm still a little groggy and grateful it's a 5:1 day.

Onward and downward!!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #261  

Laura ~

I LOVE hearing about your good energy and overall well being. I'm glad you got a really good sleep last night. You sure did need it. It is funny how our bodies react and respond. I was just thinking how good your body must feel to be 60 pounds lighter!

I'll tell you losing all my weight has given me energy I never knew I had. I think my body is simply happy not having to carry around all that extra weight. It is fun to feel that extra bounce in my step. The drudgery of dieting sure is worth it when you get on the other side. You'll be there in no time.

Your peaks and valley's are part of what has gotten you to where you are. So nice to hear you on a dieting "high" and feeling good.....AND losing!

Happy day to you with all the good stuff that awaits.

Karen
Old 08-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #262  
NOOM user

Hey all,

Need to share where I'm at right now. I have been offline all weekend. When I posted above on Wednesday, I thought I was groggy but it turned out I had vertigo. I saw the doctor on Thursday and my husband had some of the meds he prescribed already so I started taking his stash. Unfortunately, they were way out of date and I didn't do anything about it until Sunday when I was in the depths of depression because it had been 5 days and I was still feeling the same. He went out to fill my prescription and brought back the more up-to-date version of the meds and by the time I went to bed I was already starting to feel better. I still haven't exercised since last Tuesday and that added to my depression I think.

I also had a moment of self-reflection during the depression where I made the choice for this coming week to not eat my Medifast foods. This week marks eight months of being on Medifast and I have lost the taste for most of the foods. I'm also travelling this week for work and so I thought I would approach this week with an eye on tracking my food, staying within my calories, and balancing my macro-nutrients. If I lose, great, I'd be happy to not gain as I wander into non-Medifast way of eating. I need this break and hopefully when I come back from travelling, I'll have a renewed approach to the foods that have become so blase to me.

This morning was the first time in months I had to plan out my entire day and make sure I was balanced. We'll see how it works out because I will not be eating every 2-3 hours like I've been used to. I'm hoping that more calorically dense meals will stay longer with me and that I will be able to listen to my body and eat when hungry. Fingers crossed!!

I had just received my latest shipment and to be honest, looking at all the boxes on the couch, I just stared and thought, "I can't eat this anymore". Eight months! Eight months of monotony. I really do need this break. I know it works, but dang, the limited variety is getting to me. I even mix things up between shipments, but it doesn't help. Sorry if this is discouraging to anyone new reading this, but it's been a REALLY long eight months. I am hoping this brief break will be the thing I need to jump start my mindset back to the Medifast journey.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #263  

Laura ~

I hope you find some peace and direction during your time away from Medifast.

I've decided to leave this forum for now and participate in one that deals more with maintenance, not necessarily Medifast, to continue my accountability.

I hope you find your way back to good health. Be proud of what you have accomplished!

Karen
Old 08-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #264  
NOOM user

Karen, thank you for all your support! Hope to see you around other boards.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Laura,

I went through this very thing and just couldn't eat it anymore. I do go back and eat it from time to time. I think you may just need a break from it. Work toward being aware what you are eating everyday and being cognizant of being healthy. I know you can do it. Maybe a little maintenance time.

I know I need to go back to being more vigilant. I was out of town for 11 days and just totally fell off the rails. I've decided now that I am home to spend a few days back on plan 100% and then weigh myself. I'm a little worried because I am sliding in a direction I don't like.

I think we all struggle from time to time. Good luck to us both!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #266  
NOOM user

Thanks, Sheila! I have not given up on Medifast in the least! I know it works, I have 62lbs of proof. I know that this break will be helpful and I have pushed my next order to early October. It's been an interesting challenge to make sure I'm eating balanced and lower carb. I am interested to see how I'm doing when I'm 100% feeling better (still a bit light headed). I have one more day of planning before we travel and then it's at the whim of wherever we end up eating and making the best choices I can. Our trip is being cut short by a day, so it will only be 4 days of 'road food' then back to the controlled environment of my kitchen.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #267  
NOOM user

Hey all! Well my Medifast vacation was horrible and I'm back in the fold. Long story short, I had the following experiences: 1) Portion sizes in restaurants are HUGE!! I could barely eat all the things served to me. Even when I was serving myself, I had trouble eating what I took. 2) Vegetables are few and far between when it comes to catered events. When I did eat from the restaurant, there were very few vegetables. 3) I really cannot eat gluten. I had a black bean burger for my last dinner and it was so filling I over ate. All night I had the worst reflux and was in pain for the next two days. The burger was served on a potato roll and I had eaten a bagel a day earlier to the same reaction. It is now Tuesday and the pain is FINALLY leaving my body. I had to take Monday off to sleep.

After the first couple of days of travel eating, I could not WAIT to get back to my Medifast foods. I had not expected to have such a negative reaction physically and none of it was particularly satisfying (especially the foods that hurt going down my injured esophagus). On day two of Medifast and finally starting to feel like myself again. Happy to be back!!!

Haven't weighed myself because frankly I don't want to know how badly I damaged myself. The physical pain is enough punishment, I don't need to see the scale.

Onward and downward!!!

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 08-22-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Laura,

I hear on that with the carbs and overeating. It's tough. I have gained a few pounds over the last 2 months (not many ..only 3 but it takes me FOREVER to get them off). I have also eaten some summer foods and drinks with carbs and sugar. What I have found is I am not sleeping as well anymore and feel bloated. I've been up and down with my commitment (obviously since I've gained weight) BUT I have not gained as much as I would have previously. At least I have some awareness of what I eat especially away when at home and away from the social events.

I ordered some more food and am hitting it hard again for the next 30 days. My goal? Good question but if I could lose 5 lbs, I would be happy with the results. This weight loss thing is hard and maintenance every harder!

Let's keep after it!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #269  

Hi all - I'm new (just started on Day 1 today). So far, it's ok (although I AM hungry). And drinking water like a fish which is causing me to get up from my desk every 20 minutes to use the restroom. I have quite a bit of weight I want to lose (80-100lbs) so I'm curious if this will work. Reading through the threads seems like everyone does pretty well on this so I'm encouraged!
lisasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:14 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default I'm baaaa-aaack!

Hi everyone-

I'm not dead! I just had a VERY busy summer. Traveled quite a bit, had family and friends visiting from different parts of the country, etc. All in all I would say I was *mostly* on MF this summer, but otherwise tried very hard to stay low carb overall if it was a non-MF day. Overall, I'd say that it was a successful summer since I'm now down 63 lbs, though it took me 2 months to lose about 5 lbs. I still consider that to be a MAJOR victory and have confidence I can do this once I hit goal. I still have a ways to go, but hopefully I can knock out those last 13-23 lbs over the next 2-3 months.

What I can say is that shopping is actually FUN now (gasp!). I went shopping last week and almost everything fit--and looked good! As I'm sure many can relate, I used to be horrified going into a fitting room. I'm a solid 12/14, L right now, whereas 63 lbs ago I was and 18/20, XL/XXL. I even bought these super cute pants (in several colors) in a size M (!!!) Yes, a MEDIUM. Keep in mind that I'm 5'11' so that is all really quite amazing. I even wore a swimsuit (double gasp!) for the first time in several (like 10) years. I was joking that my stark white thighs hadn't seen the light of day in as many years. LOL.

I check myself out in windows/mirrors as I walk by, and I barely recognize myself. Well... I do...but it's the "old" younger, cuter version of me. I have a spring in my step. I am getting self-confident again. Complete strangers that I work with (you know, but that I don't really know) are stopping to tell me how amazing I look.

Soooo... with that, I can say that it is ALL worth it. I've been doing MF for about 9 months now, and holy heck, has it changed my life. HANG IN THERE Laura, Shiela, Jen, (Joyce and Karen) and all our newbies. I am living proof this darn diet works.

Now, to just get off those last pounds! LOL. I actually like the food and find it super convenient, so unlike some others, I don't have any problem with that. My fav go-to foods are still the chocolate pudding and the Optavia cranberry chili nut bars

In any event, Laura also inspired me to start exercising again. Nothing too hard core, but I'm doing 90 min of walking on the treadmill 4 days a week (about 5 miles/9000 steps/750 cals). That puts me over 10,000 steps by 7AM, and burning more cals during exercise than all my MF cals consumed. LOVE THAT!

I've only been doing it a 2 weeks now, but it *should* speed the weight loss to hit my goal faster. I know I'll need it to maintain, too.

Ok, must go to bed so I can hit the gym bright and early tomorrow. I'll try to check in more often.

EVERYONE--KEEP IT UP!!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote