Old 05-28-2017, 03:05 AM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Joann I love that article you posted!! It really changes ones perspective about 'plateaus'. While I was travelling, I was really conscious of what I ate except for mainlining chocolate during the stressful times of the weekend. Yesterday I just listened to my body and ate exactly what I wanted, and I have no regrets. I was hungry at lunch, really hungry, and we stopped a Chick-Fil-A and I unabashedly had a sandwich with fries for the first time in YEARS. Last night when I finally arrived home, my husband and I went to our favourite Italian place and I enjoyed two slices of a small pizza with absolutely no regrets. I was very relieved to only gain 1.8 because it meant I probably lost a bit while I was travelling. Should see a nice loss soon. Long story short, Joann, the article almost made me feel okay about my one cheat day. Thank you again for posting!!
Laura,

I am glad that you enjoyed the article. I thought it was informative.
CTJGIRL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:08 AM   #122  

I am cruising along on Medifast. I started on May 3 and I was hoping to lose 20 pounds my first month and although my official week weigh in is June 1, I weighed myself early and I have met my 4 week goal early.

I want to be down a total of 30 pounds by June 21 which is the first day of summer. Since I met my first goal early, I may be able to lose the additional 10 pounds by June 21.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #123  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Graci! Glad you're here!

So, I was away from the board on purpose. I had a lost weekend, literally, I ate ALL THE THINGS. I knew going into the weekend, it would be a challenge to eat healthy, but held onto the fact that in previous weekends with this couple that they eat really healthy and mindful. Unfortunately, they're going through stuff and have become heavier and lazy eaters.

Riding on the 50lb high, I got cocky and threw the rules out the window. Ate horribly all weekend and returned to 5&1 yesterday. My husband gained 8lbs while I gained 6. His gain tells me it's not just carb/water retention because he's not doing low-carb. Yesterday's 5:1 only shaved off 0.6 lb.

I still have 80lbs to go if not more because my stretch goal is 160, but having never been that weight since I was a kid, I don't know how feasible it is. I'm hitting a burn out again but am also concerned that I cannot control my eating yet. I binged on Halo Top ice cream because it's high protein and low sugar. Absolutely ridiculous. I did notice that I felt no joy or satisfaction from any of the crap foods I ate, so that's progress...

On top if it all, I had to go to my doctor's because my back was so bad, I could barely walk. I was worried he'd put me on steroids, but he didn't. Being immobile all weekend did not help things either. As I think I've said before, I pain eat.

Anyway, I gave myself a stern talking to and recommitted to the program. I'm not changing my trackers because this is temporary!!!

Have a great week, everyone!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #124  

Its ok LauraRVA42001 You acknowledged what happened pretty fast. Don't beat yourself up. You're doing so well. I'm over here trying to figure out how to lose something at all. I keep losing ounces here and there when everyone is losing much more than I am, which is super discouraging because I'm not cheating. My problem is undereating to save cost. I never knew losing weight would be twice as expensive as gaining it lol. It really makes me want to give up a lot of the time but I'm trying to hang in there.
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #125  
NOOM user

Thanks, Jen, I appreciate the support. It is true that it's cheaper to gain weight than it is to lose it. Sorry you're struggling, I wish I could give you magic advice that would help you. I think TWINCA mentioned you may be eating too little, and I echo that; I also understand how difficult it is to eat healthy on a budget. Please ensure you're including a lean and green meal because if you're ONLY having 5 shakes, you're getting under 550 calories and your body will just shut down and not lose anything. That much I know to be true!! Hope things improve for you.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Laura ~ I second JenCa's sentiment, you acknowledged your slip-up quickly and did not let 1 weekend turn into 1 week or 1 month. I also slid off the rails some this weekend. For me, it was family time at the lake and carbs, carbs, carbs. I ate pretzels and pasta salad and.....2 cookies. Ouch! I know this is going to be my challenge for the summer. My scale jumped 1.7 lbs. Back at it today but just those carbs and sugars gave me cravings. I need to stay away from that stuff!

Otherwise, all is well. I am going to see an ortho doctor tomorrow afternoon because my should has not healed from early April when I took a tumble off the front porch. I feel exhausted from waking up at night and at the crack of dawn with shoulder pain. The lack of sleep doesn't help the weight loss either! Will check in tomorrow!

Jen try not to go too low on those calories. I stay at about 1000-1200 and although I know it isn't recommended, every so often upping those calories to 1500-1800 for a day confuses the metabolism. It works for me. (unless I eat cookies....yuck!)

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #127  

Well, it is Wed morning and although some of the carb weight has dropped off from the holiday weekend (167 this morning), I basically set myself back by a week in the weight loss dept. By the time I drop this other 1/2 lb, I'll be looking at another weekend at the lake with the family. I love being there and love our family and friends but it is difficult for me to be structured and disciplined in a vacation environment during the summer weekends. The one upside is, because this is a family cabin, there is always work and projects that need to be done so we do stay very active. I need to be able to utilize my new eating habits everywhere and not just at home.

Speaking of home, next week I will be traveling for work all week. It's a double whammy in the travel/eating challenge world. I will be having dinner one evening with my TSFL health coach who lives in Atlanta. She says will be having a fabulous L&G meal. I am very excited about the opportunity to meet her in person.

My husband who lost a total of 45 lbs on MF runs hot and cold on losing more weight. What I see now is that he eats what he wants then cuts back for 3 days, loses the weight he gained during the 1 to 2 day binge and repeats. That doesn't work for me. I need to stay moderate all the time. He is leaving for a couple of days this morning for a quick business trip and its always easier for me while he's gone.

I will check back in tomorrow once I hear what the ortho doc has to say about my poor shoulder. Ironically, last week my husband tore his rotator cuff lifting a heavy piece of furniture and he saw this same doc yesterday. Looks as if his injury will require surgery. I have my fingers crossed that mine is just going to require therapy and possibly a cortisone shot. Either way, what I do know is that I can't keep getting by on 4 hours of fretful sleep any longer. I could possibly be the cleanest person I know because I find myself taking hot showers frequently to help with the soreness in my arm.

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 05-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #128  
NOOM user

Thanks Jen and Sheila. I needed to be a little hard on myself to curb my cockiness. In day 3 of 5&1 and down 2lbs so far. I am looking forward to being back in mild ketosis and will resume the 4&2 along with exercise. I got 8,000 steps yesterday without even trying and felt more like myself again.

Sheila I know what you mean about the challenges of vacation eating. For me it was that I was sick of salads because all weekend's food options were from takeaway places and I hit the wall by Sunday! Actually, if I'm honest, I was already sick of salad by Friday's drive up north which fed into my 'I'm having a cheese-steak because I'm in PA' attitude. It wasn't even a good cheese-steak, none of the garbage I ate was worth it, which is so annoying! At least the food doesn't hold the same attraction it once did for me...

Here's to being back in the groove! Onward and downward!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #129  

Well I'm trying to come to terms that staying on medifast prior to my wedding is probably not going to happen. Everytime I turn around we're getting hit with another financial obstacle. Long story but we had a lotvof family that was supposed to be contributing that hasn't I'm trying to supplement with wonderslim as it's half the price right now but I really do not like the taste and I feel like I don't get the same results as I do with Medifast. I will try to find a way but I may have to come to terms with my weight for the wedding and continue after. My fiance said I'm beautiful no matter what so that helps but I don't feel the way I wanted to for my big day.
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

I've been doing a good binge...

I binge watch Biggest Loser on Hulu. It is GREAT motivation to stick with it!

Haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, but definitely dropped 2 sizes now. Keep plugging along everyone!!!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #131  

JenCA Try not to get too down on yourself if you have to drop from MF for awhile due to finances. My recommendation is to look at a MF nutrition chart on one of the boxes. Try to emulate that with real food to keep your costs down. Approximately 100-110 calories every 2 - 3 hours with protein, carbs and healthy fats. That could be 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese (80 calories) topped with a low carb fruit like berries. Or buy some protein powder (much cheaper per serving) and create shakes with that and some SF flavorings. Move to the 4 & 2 plan and eat half of the L&G for the 2nd meal to reduce calories. I like to eat canned tuna (100 calories) with a 1/2 of a smashed avocado and chopped celery and peppers at lunch. Eat 1/2 of that for 2 days in a row and that is close to what a MF would be.

It takes a little more work and is less convenient but you could do it. That might be a good compromise to save money and still get closer to your goal weight before the wedding. Be happy your fiance loves and thinks your beautiful no matter what!

You've got this no matter what your weight on the actual day!

Sheila
Old 06-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #132  

No change in weight today. Behaved poorly last night in eating a small frozen pizza alone (about 900 calories - no meat and I added some spinach and peppers to it). I also ate some Halo top. Not one of my prouder moments for sure. My husband was out of town and that's when I'm usually really good but I had a cortisone shot in my sore shoulder and was feeling sorry for myself because I don't react well to medication. It makes me feel "off" mentally and physically.

The good news is, with some therapy and practicing those exercises at home, I should make a full recovery without surgery. Basically, I have swelling in the muscles and tendons but no tears. The cortisone shot will bring the swelling down and allow me to sleep without pain and recover the range of motion I've lost being so sore. I feel better today than I have felt in 6 weeks. That's one in the plus category!

Back at it today. I should be happy there was no weight gain (and I am) The new job is keeping my hoping every minute and I find myself working at night and early in the am to keep up. I need to learn to delegate more often and effectively. My old teammates that were my peers don't seem to be eager to take requests from me as they are new teams but still supporting the area in which I work.

I am tapping my toes for the birth of my first grandchild. My daughter-in-law is now 3cm dilated but functioning at home with all her normal gusto! I wonder when I might be able to get there. They live 5 hours from me and I have to be in Atlanta all next week for work. What a killer!

Ah, first world problems. We are blessed to have these problems instead of those that make us wonder how we will feed our families for dinner tonight. I am grateful every day!

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 06-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #133  

Yesterday was a good day. I behaved myself and am back down (just slightly .2 lbs) under my lowest weight. I am happy with my progress but need to assess how hard I want to work at this. I've decided the moderate approach will work best for me and hope to lose the last few pounds by the end of the summer.

The summer will be challenging since we do so much socializing during the summer. I will just try to do my best while being aware of my eating.

Stay the course!
Sheila
Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 AM   #134  

I am on week 5 now. I lost 20 pounds in my first 4 weeks. I have been watching My 600 Pound Life and seeing how easily weight can pile on, it has kept me on plan and wanting to get the weight off.

I will placing a large order for MF/Optavia in the next few weeks. I have plenty to carry me through but I want to try all the new Optavia products. I have tried some and they are a bit different. If it gets the weight off then that is all that matters at this point.

Wishing everyone a healthy, safe and on plan weekend.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Congrats Joann on the weight loss! What fantastic news!

I wanted to quickly report back on my experience with the Cali'flour pizza crust(s) that I ordered last weekend. I ordered them last Saturday. They shipped on Tuesday, and arrived on Thursday (I live in CA, and they shipped from CA). Unpacked them from the box, and placed them in the freezer.

Made the first "pizza" tonight-- Um, YUM!! We have a winner!

Last edited by TWINCA; 06-03-2017 at 09:51 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote