Old 05-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #61  

Ok ladies...I need a little advice (Hope I don't sound like a lush) As many of you may know I'm leaving for Las Vegas Thursday for my bachelorette weekend I haven't drank in probably 3 years due to having 2 kids within two years and not being able to go out much. That being said I plan on letting my hair down and feeling pretty good and carefree. Any tips on low sugar alcoholic beverages? I can't skip drinking but I don't want to sabatoge all my hard work either Viva Las Vegas 🍷👙💍🍹✈
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #62  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Jen vodka and soda with lime is a good go-to. Try to go for clear liquors as they have less sugar. Have a BLAST!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #63  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Jen ~ Also rum and diet coke with lime is another favorite! Please have a fantastic time! This is a once in a lifetime celebration!!!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 05-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #64  
NOOM user

Happy Hump day!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! My gain is slowly falling off, but wow, is it taking longer than I expected. Very interesting how our bodies work, eh?

Yesterday I got all the way to the office and found I left my laptop at home so I had to turn around. Because my Tuesdays are chock full of back to back meetings, I had to work from home which really negatively affected my step count. In the office, I take the opportunity to get steps in by walking to the farthest rest room across campus and do laps around the property at lunch; but at home, our house does not offer the same options so I can walk in circles but that gets a little wearisome after a while. I did go out for a walk around the neighborhood and got in almost 4k steps but the day fell well short of my goal step count.

Back in the office today and looking forward to the different faces and things to see as I walk around. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #65  

hi all! I am feeling so much better! Things are finally improving and I woke up this morning with more energy and feeling positive. I am back down the 5 pounds I had regained and ready to get some fresh pounds off.

My doctor has reiterated to me that eating 800-900 calories a day is too low. He thinks that is why I have been feeling so poorly. He again said I should add more protein and fat to at least 1200, but I didn't feel right doing that either when I was doing it. So I am thinking I could try and do 4 and 2 like some if you are successfully doing!

So, for those doing 4 and 2, do you always eat 4 Medifast meals a day? Do your two "real food" meals match the Lean and Green guidelines, as in do you weigh and measure? Do you still count condiments? Which 2 meals do you choose for real food? I would love any details on what is working for you. Even if you wanted to post me a day or two of your menus so I get an idea, I would appreciate it. I feel like this would probably be a better options for me, give me more energy, and make my doctor happy.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #66  
NOOM user

Steph, I think you will find you feel so much better (and more yourself) on the 4 & 2. The way I did it was apply the same rules to my L&G as if I was eating only one meal. Today's example, I had my L&G for Breakfast (egg whites with peppers and tomatoes topped with a condiment serving of parmesan), then I had four medifast meals throughout the day today. For dinner, I'm having chicken and steamed broccoli. Depending on the timing of my meals, I sometimes add my last fueling as part of my dinner (i.e. tonight, if my timing is off I'd add the mashed potatoes as a side in my dinner).

Yesterday, I enjoyed a medifast breakfast and my 2 meals were lunch (chicken with salad) and dinner (shrimp and veggies with Rao's sauce over Miracle Shirataki noodles).

The nice thing about upping your consumption using the 4&2 is that you can be more active!!
Old 05-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #67  

Thanks Laura! That certainly sounds doable and more flexible than the 5 and 1. I hope it feels good to me and I have more energy (to start exercising!). I am down a total of 17 pounds, which is good BUT that took me almost 4 MONTHS to lose because of all my slip ups, regains and re-losses.

Last edited by StephGetsHealthy; 05-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 228/224/160

Height: 5'3

Default Checking In~

Hi guys! Haven't disappeared just have been busy with work!

I'm doing ok and felt a little sick after a few days from starting this new journey but am doing better now.

I have lost about 4 pounds since starting saturday and I will not be weighing myself obsessively because I think it will stress me out! Haha!

However, I will be pushing HARD to do all of the right things because we are taking a trip to a resort in Scottsdale, AZ this July and I want to wear my tankini suit and not feel self conscious. I have never been a bikini wearer and I like something that covers my stomach. I have a cute black one that fits fine, but it would be nice to feel a little slimmer and sexier in it! So I am looking forward to that! My goal in general is to work my way to a flat stomach.

I Have found some of the MF food to be "EH" but do enjoy the bars, shakes, soft bakes, swirl cake, and cereal.

Hated the pancakes, the nacho and BBQ crispers (they have a very very odd taste to me) and the optavia aged sharp cheddar mac and cheese (it is STRONG).

I am killing it with the water as I enjoy it and can drink a lot during the day, however, I am driving my boyfriend crazy with peeing at least 3 times in the middle of the night and have to get out of bed!

I am curious if anyone goes by the rule of only one MF bar a day? I don't think it is an actual rule but I read online that some people actually believe it to be effective. I personally like the bars and think I will have to eat more of those since some of the things I got I honestly cannot stomach right now.

Have yet to try the oatmeal but will this week.

Thanks for listening to my ranting and raving! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
aarnnu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 229/210/160

Height: 5'5

HI, Avery,
Glad you're doing well. How did you get that sidebar to post your weight, height etc? Where are you going in Scottsdale? I'm about 100 miles from there. I've felt a little sick this week off and on, too. Yesterday, especially, but it was right before my period. I don't know if that affects anything. Tomorrow is one week ( this is Day 7) and I will post my weight loss then. I weigh daily-knowing it goes up and down on different days. I agree about the food. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the hot chocolate? It was just a lumpy mess for me! I also am not fond of the chicken rice soup. I would not get that one again. I like the Dark Chocolate shake, the cookie bakes, most of the bars ( not the peanut butter chocolate chip one,) the macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and the cheese bites. The berry cereal is okay, as are the honey cinnamon pretzels. A good break from some of the other things. I didn't try the pancakes yet.

My big challenge is in 10 days, I leave on a trip for three weeks. We will be driving 1900 miles in four days. I figure my Medifast meals on the road should be pretty easy with bars, shakes, etc. And then at night, I can have my Lean and Green at a restaurant. The hard part will be when I am around family and lots of food I shouldn't eat, and feeling like I should cook for my son and his girlfriend. They are not all supportive of my efforts.

Steph, it is interesting to hear about the 4+2. I have gone back to my gym routine, starting Day 4 because I don't want to lose strength I have worked so hard to gain, but some days it is a real challenge to have the stamina to finish my workout!

Jen, congrats on your engagement. How exciting!
I'll check in with my one week progress tomorrow.
Susan
Hikerdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #70  
NOOM user

Susan, I believe those are your 'details'. If you click on USER CP in the top bar on the site and go to 'edit your details', you can add more info about yourself. Hope that helps.

If you're working out at the gym, you should consider 4&2 because even the powers that be say not to exercise for the first 3 weeks on the program. You're not eating enough to support exercise and your body will resist losing weight because it's not fueled enough. You'll get really frustrated when the loss stops and think you need to work out more, but it's just going to get worse.

Avery, if you were not drinking that much water prior to the program, you will find you're peeing more for a couple weeks. Then, once your natural thirst returns, your body will become more efficient and you'll have to go less frequently. Stay the course, it will and does get better.

Hope everyone has a great day!! As for me, the loss continues slowly but surely. Honestly, I thought I would lose so much slower on 4&2 but it's been a similar range of almost 1lb to as little as 1/10th of a pound each day; which is fine by me.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #71  

Hi Hikersdreams/Susan (:
We are possibly thinking about moving to the Goodyear area. We know it gets hot but it's affordable and we hate the winters here in Idaho. We are visiting in July and probably staying at one of the resorts to spoil ourselves. We are considering the Hyatt Recency one at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale. We have been to AZ a few times before but was in the winter months when the weather was bearable. I want to know what it's like during summer, hence our trip! Looking forward to sunshine, pool soaking, and maybe a few cocktails.

I think someone else already explained the height weight tracker in your User CP settings at the top left of the forum (:

Your trip sounds fun but I TOTALLY understand that it can be hard to travel and eat well or even want to try to eat well sometimes. It's hard but I am sure you will push through!
Old 05-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #72  

Default Happy Friday!!!

Also thought I would mention that I am loving the peanut butter crunch bar from medifast. It is by far my favorite bar so far. I like the mint ones ok but they do taste very vitaminy/medicinal to me.

My boyfriend is taking me out to lunch since he had the day off for Jury Duty but the court cancelled. We are going to a great place next to my work that has tons of healthy options so I am excited.

So glad it is the weekend!

Also I enjoy the ziti marinara a lot. I let it soak with warm water for at least 30 minutes before microwaving it. If I am at home, I will cut up maybe 1/4 cup of zucchini into small pieces and pan fry it to get soft and then add it to the ziti. It's pretty good!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Look forward to hearing from you all soon. Will weigh in again some time next week. Trying to not weigh myself too much!

I bought a diet fitness journal from amazon for $7 and it has a daily page where you can fill in how much water you've drank plus all the meals you ate and the calorie count. It has goals spots to fill in too! When I get enough posts on here, I can show you guys a picture!
Old 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 229/210/160

Height: 5'5

Have you ever typed out a whole post and then it won't let you post it? It is so frustrating...

Hi, Everybody! I lost 7-8 pounds my first week. I have an old scale with a dial and a needle, so it's hard to get exact numbers.

Avery,
I will try the Ziti. I didn't get that one. My favorite bar is the Caramel Nut bar. I also like the Smores Bar and the Chocolate Mint one.
Yesterday, Day 8, I had a challenging day. I went out to lunch for the first time to a restaurant, Red Lobster. I got the garlic grilled shrimp skewers with grilled asparagus and a salad with no croutons, vinaigrette dressing on the side. I think I did pretty well. Then last night, I also had a dinner/party to go to. There were many, many temptations. I ate a little Taco meat with tomatoes, and lettuce. Then, later, I ate my Medifast meals because i think I only had 2 ounces of meat. I drank water at both my events.

Laura,
My nutritionist said I could continue with my exercise starting Day 4, but that I might need an extra meal. So far I have felt okay, except the day that I went to the gym and needed to eat. I had forgotten to bring a Medifast meal with me and tried to push through. My stamina was so limited, I finally quit and went home to eat. Note to self- Don't forget to bring my Medifast meal with me!!! I just am still hungry now and then, or my stomach does not feel great. I'm not sure if that's the medications I'm on, my food sensitivities ( gluten, eggs, dairy) or what. One day at a time...
Hope you all are doing well.
Susan

P.S. Anyone have advice on how to make the hot chocolate right? Mine turned out all lumpy!
Hikerdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 AM   #74  

Hello everyone. I am back on 5/1 as of May 3 and I have lost 11 pounds. I would like to join in the conversation if that is OK. I did MF back in 2008 and lost 87 pounds in 7 months. Life got hectic and things happened and I was put on prednisone for chronic hives and the weight I lost plus more came back so here I am trying to get healthy again.

I am taking my loss in steps so I don't get overwhelmed. I am on my way and looking forward to sharing our journeys together.

Last edited by CTJGIRL119; 05-15-2017 at 04:46 AM.
CTJGIRL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdreams View Post

P.S. Anyone have advice on how to make the hot chocolate right? Mine turned out all lumpy!
I put it it my Ninja and it comes out smooth.
CTJGIRL119 is offline   Reply With Quote