Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #106  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

JEN . . . to get a weight tracker . . . click on "User CP" (the first entry on the purple navigation bar at the top of every forum page); then click on "edit signature" (near the top on the left side of the screen); then click on "click here" (in the sentence underneath the example). Then just follow the instructions. If you get into any problems, give us a shout.

MAYA . . . just love this place . . . I learn something every day. I knew that MF used to be all liquid and available only for use with medical supervision but I did not know it was OPTIFAST. Guess I thought OF was something entirely different. Thanks for the information.

Last edited by meowee; 01-04-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: too bad I haven't learned how to type yet.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #107  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Great Job Maya!! That's my goal size... *sigh* I think I'm in a 20 right now.

Flo - SHAME ON YOU!!! You made a choice to go off program. Now you choose to go back ON program. Never regret something you meant to do. The more important thing is did you get along with the mom??

Judy - you'll find that all the sites offer MF for the same price (unless you try Ebay). You can get a coach through Take Shape For Life. You pay the normal food price, they get money from MF, they give you support etc. I like mine if you want her name. As far as money... I was on Metabolic Research Center and spent 400 to join and 100-150 a week for supplements. Jenny Craig was about 100 a week in food. MF is a steal!!!! BUT the reason I chose Medifast is because it is researched based and quick. Good luck.

mpope, "They" say the more you say NO, the easier it gets. I find that it gets worse before it gets better. Just keep saying NO!!

Hi Meowee and Ruth!!

Okay, I finished my first week. No cheats, lots of wanna cheats, 100 ounces of water, kept track of all food eaten. My total loss is dah, dah, dah....7 pounds!! Yay! I was hoping for 10 like MAYA, but I'll take 7!!!!!! Worth it?? Oh yes.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking

Hi everyone!

Today is the end of Day 1 and i did great... No cheating... I am Proud of myself! I also got a new haircut so it makes me feel sexy and even more motivated to stick to the diet... I rarely do things for me because money is always tight and i have a low self-esteem... I am working on it now. Once i start losing weight i will be a lot happier...

Tonight i had a treat... Oh my god... It was delicious. I made a wendy like chocolate ice cream with the chocolate pudding and it felt amazing... I thought i was cheating!!! But no, I was on plan! I will definitely do this everyday... Has anyone else tried that recipe before?

I asked the people at my medifast center and they said i could not access the "mymedifast" website because I am not buying online... It does not make sense to me and i am kind of sad about not being able to get the recipes... I am thinking about ordering online once so that i can have access to the site...What kind of plan do i need to have full access to it, anyone knows?

MichelleThanks for caring You are right I DECIDED to get off the plan... But now i am entirely committed to it!!! Congrats on your 7 pounds weight loss! I met my boyfriend's parents and brothers and sisters. Everyone was SO nice... I was a little worried, but they were very welcoming and accepted my child and I without a problem! His mom was telling him that i was a keeper and that he needed to get his act together if he wanted to keep me... I guess she likes me

Maya Congrats on a size 10 jeans... This is my dream size... I am a size 16 right now... I could squeeze in a 14 if it wasnot for my ugly lower belly pouch.... I cannot wait to get ride of it!

Florence
Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #109  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethedin View Post
I am just curious and I may have heard wrong but didn't MF start out as totally liquid? If it was ok then to have all liquid MF meals, I wonder what has changed?...
Yep, Jen, Maya is right it used to be Optifast and is still used by doctors in supervised cases. 5&1 has a lot more calories than 6 supplements alone, plus I think they see the value in people making and eating real food. Since they want us all to lose the weight and MAINTAIN it I think they like the concept of us eating real food. We're learning portion control and helping change our taste buds from all that fat and sugar in the average American diet.

Another thing I remember from discussions at myMedifast is that on average people on 6 MF supplements vs. 5&1 only lose 1-2 pounds more total. So the average person is not going to see a lot of benefit from that plan. It really is an alternative that a physician might opt for with certain patients but it's not to be done unsupervised.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Day Eleven

Only down 6 pounds so far. I haven't strayed off plan, but have been eating extra greens at dinner time. Like someone said earlier, an entire bag of field greens only has about 50 cal. None of us got fat eating by eating too much broccoli! I use South Beach dressings, too, in moderation. My protein has consisted of shrimp, tofu, and salmon. Maybe chicken tonight. I can't believe the MF recommended serving size of tofu - 15oz! The whole container! Maybe that's why I eat it so much. I stir fry it with chinese cabbage. (olive oil spray and a few drops of mongolian fire oil) If I get really crazy hungry between meals I have a small handful of peanuts. The chicken broth helps immensely too! It's weirdly comforting.
I went to karate class last night for the first time since starting MF. By the end of the hour, I was on my hands and knees in the locker room trying not to yark on the floor. I was all woozy and nauseous from low sugar. I know the MF police will yell, but I am going to add an EAS Myoplex shake before my workouts. I can't NOT go to karate. And a 90 cal MF shake isn't going to get me through it. The workouts are brutal and torch anywhere from 400-600 cal depending on how hard you work.
I am learning to live with the hunger sensation. I dunno, sometimes the sensation actually makes me feel leaner and tighter. Our culture seems to never allow us to feel that hunger - like those stupid "Fourth Meal" and "Eat Something" commercials....but after a few days, hey, it ain't so bad.
My pants fit better already and I don't have that crinkled red welt around my waist at the end of the day. So many saboteurs out there! Telling me how unhealthy this is, and psshhhtt, it's only water weight, and you'll just gain it back when you go back to regular food. People suck. I'll give them my fat pants when I'm done!
Anyone else having problems with things...ahem...moving? I have added sugar free fiber drinks to my day to no avail. I feel pretty backed up at times. Advice?
I can't believe the money I am saving by not eating out! Some folks complain about the cost, but if you add up groceries and few nights at restaurant...you'll save by going to MF.
I haven't had a chance to go back through this entire new thread. What are the supplements you guys were talking about? Right now I am only doing a multi, calcium, iron, and lysine.
Off to do my womanly chores. God knows the boys aren't going to do the dishes, or the laundry, or empty the trash. Happy Saturday...or as my big kitty Hoss would say, IT'S CATURDAY!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #111  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, MFers! (I love that!)

This thread is really great and very busy. I talked with Suzanne3FC yesterday and we are going to make us into a sub-Forum soon. I'll be sure to let you know so nobody gets lost and falls off the edge of the InterNet.

Yes I too "chose to go off plan". It was stupid of me to think I could mess around with it over Christmas and the scale confirmed it this morning. I weighed in at 204 again - right where I was when I started this a month ago! I can blame it on company but I was the person who put the bad stuff into my mouth.

The house is now purged and I am right back on track this morning. I am going to place another order later today which will mean I have a good inventory to see me through until after my knee convalescence. Eating crappy hospital food for a week will not be great but will be worth it.

So here's my goal. Before the Big O Day, I will be in the 190's. The O is for operation, chickies!

Have a great weekend and hang tough!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #112  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Grief! We now HAVE a new sub-Forum. I may make some stickies for it a bit later.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #113  

WOW - miss a few days and look what happens You guys are doing fantastic!!!

Maya - WOO-HOO on the size 10!

Michelle - 7 LBS!!!! That is terrific!!!

Boudi - You are doing a great job

Cinnamon - I agree that it might be better with the 5+1.

Florence - The "wendy's-like" ice cream treat sounds so yummy

Need to catch up the other posts - congrats everyone for making this decision and taking care of yourselves - we are so worth it!!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #114  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the help with the ticker..I'll give it a try.

Jen
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #115  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, everyone!
You all have to keep in mind that at my highest RECORDED weight, I was 243lbs and a size 22-24. So size 10 is fantasy-land for me. And still, part of me thinks that I am not a "real" size 10, because of vanity sizing. But STILL! I did my happy dance in the store, because it wasn't a store for larger women. I am phobic about mall stores, because I am SO petrified that despite the hard work and the lower lb number, I won't fit into ANYTHING there. Crazy, but true. And there are some stores that NO-ONE normal fits into, for sure.
Does shopping drive anyone else crazy?
Anyways, for January, here is a link to the post where I put the MFing recipes on:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...63#post1964063
You'll find the recipes in the three attachments.
Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll post again later,
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 01-05-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #116  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle127 View Post
Great Job Maya!! That's my goal size... *sigh* I think I'm in a 20 right now.

Flo - SHAME ON YOU!!! You made a choice to go off program. Now you choose to go back ON program. Never regret something you meant to do. The more important thing is did you get along with the mom??

Judy - you'll find that all the sites offer MF for the same price (unless you try Ebay). You can get a coach through Take Shape For Life. You pay the normal food price, they get money from MF, they give you support etc. I like mine if you want her name. As far as money... I was on Metabolic Research Center and spent 400 to join and 100-150 a week for supplements. Jenny Craig was about 100 a week in food. MF is a steal!!!! BUT the reason I chose Medifast is because it is researched based and quick. Good luck.

mpope, "They" say the more you say NO, the easier it gets. I find that it gets worse before it gets better. Just keep saying NO!!

Hi Meowee and Ruth!!

Okay, I finished my first week. No cheats, lots of wanna cheats, 100 ounces of water, kept track of all food eaten. My total loss is dah, dah, dah....7 pounds!! Yay! I was hoping for 10 like MAYA, but I'll take 7!!!!!! Worth it?? Oh yes.
Great Job!! My total loss for week one is 7 lbs. as well. Like you, 10 lbs would have been awesome, but seven is great too.

I not on plan totally. There is too much to eat and I'm not drinking as much water as I should. BUT I'm not eating things that I shouldn't so that's good. I'll try harder to eat all that I'm supposed to.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #117  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

All you can do every day is the best that you can, every single day!
Keep it up, everyone!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 01-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 211/203/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everybody!

Trying to catch up on the posts too!

Maya Congratulations on the size 10 Jeans That is AWESOME!

Meowee so glad you and your kittys are well!

Mcz Way to go!

Ruthx Don't beat yourself up. The holidays are tough for ALL OF US. Each of us make decision based on what we think is best for us at the time and what we can live with. So now the holidays are over and we are all moving forward from where we were/are....that's what counts! We have 12 months til next year. The great thing about this plan is WE ALL can achieve remarkable success between now and then!!!!

Well, It's mighty stormy here in LA. So I'm hunkered down with my Yorkie Nikki, and really looking forward to my MF Chai Latte and Cappucino for today.. great day for them. Even one of those awful (in my opinion they are HORRIBLE) "cream of " soups will taste better today.

Hang in there everyone!

We can do this!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #119  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Oops . . . another senior moment . . . obviously it's Good Afternoon.

Last edited by meowee; 01-05-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added the oops
Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #120  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Hello my friends!

Yesterday was day 1 for me! It went fine. I was surprised that I really wasn't hungry and the food wasn't bad. Unfortunately I have had a raging headache for the last 24 hours. It seems to be subsiding, finally! I'm really glad I started this on Friday so my body can adjust over the weekend. I had never heard of ketosis before so I did some reading about that. Hopefully I will hit that by Monday.

I am a family child care provider, which basically means I have small hungry people following me around all day.
Yesterday one of my daycare moms brought treats for the kids (no birthday, just being nice). I think Monday morning there will be a big sign on the door that says: Warning! Don't even think about bringing a donut hole in here! j/k

I have really enjoyed reading the book that came with my order, The Secret Is Out. It has so much good information. I feel a little overwhemed by the amount of weight I want to lose and how long it will take but if I focus on today I feel better, calmer. I think, (I know) "I can do this today."
Closed Thread