Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #151  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

MAN I just wish my TOM would STOP -- 3 WEEKS now, of which 2 are breakthrough...gotta make a medical appointment, because I think the soy in my diet (which mimics estrogen) is affecting my cycle.
HOW IRKSOME!!!
Later
Maya
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #152  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Irksome???? LOL

Hey how's your reno? And aren't you getting ready to go on a fabulous vacation?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #153  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floprieto View Post
Day 3 for me and still NO cheating!!! AMAZING
Hey! Me, too!
I'm off to find your pudding/icecream recipe!
I'm going to try it tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #154  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ms Michelle!
Well, the renos are plodding along. Up here in the Great White North, building in the winter is a bit dodgy, because of the issues of rain, freezing rain, snow, sleet, and snow squalls. We have had the WORST. WINTER. in 10 years. And as a result, since we started in mid-November, we have only had 16 days of construction.
We also have had a bit of bad luck with the reno: the windows arrived but were wrong; the siding arrived and was wrong; but most of all, our home has structural issues which this renovation uncovered. As a result, I have an emergency wall built in the middle of my former kitchen (it is being reno'd, too) which is holding up the entire second story until our structural engineer comes up with a plan to prevent our home from toppling over and sliding down the ravine into the creek behind our house. Which at this point would be a blessing as insurance would cover the rebuild...
The money hemorrahge has begun!
I told Mark my HOT contractor (sigh...) that we should be flush with cash once my eBay auction for my left kidney closes in May. Hahaha!!!
Anyways, here is a link to the snow that we have had last week. Today it is melting as temperatures are SKYROCKETING to 42F (or 9C) this week. Followed by more snow.
Arghhh!!!!!!
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=a26d817f.pbw
Maya

Oh, and you are right -- 3 weeks of TOM is more VEXING than IRKSOME!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Last edited by freiamaya; 01-06-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #155  

Quote:
I teach grade 5! And man, a I sorry that I didn't do much marking over the last couple weeks before Christmas!
Oh, honey. Our grades are due Tuesday and I have a *stack* of papers to grade. I think I'm going to make a long night of it tomorrow night...

We're not a particularly healthy school, but we're in the States. You know, I have more obese kids in my class this year than I have ever had before. Now, I do teach in an economically disadvantaged school, which ironically tends to lead to obesity, but still...I had a couple of children last year who were at risk already for Type 2 Diabetes and who had ridiculously high cholesterol. My kids will be the first ones to notice that I'm eating differently probably. They notice *everything.* I can get away with eating soup for lunch and my friends not noticing because we eat soup a lot. I don't think I'm going to tell anybody at school for a while...It's enough that my husband knows.

Last edited by magnolia blossom; 01-06-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #156  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi all . . .

Life is a bit weird and chaotic right now. Hopefully it will be back to it's normal dull and boring really soon and I'll have more time around here to chat (and keep up . . . wow, it's busy). You just gotta it.

Have a great day, everybody. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you all soon . . .
Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #157  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Busy indeed! Happy New Year and NEW YOU, MFers! We may have to start a daily thread as this one is way too long. (Long threads take more time to load for people on dial-up.)

Today will be a PURE day for this half-a$$ed MFer. The slippage over the holidays slopped over into yesterday despite my good intentions. I find it would be easier if I were a hermit! People drop in on me a lot and food and drink gets involved. I may get a T-Shirt made that says "Please do not feed Ruthie"!

Gotta dash as I'm expecting Donna to come to clean and I need to tidy up so she can. There is still Christmas dandruff around here but, after this morning, it'll be gone!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Hi all,
I don't even throw my medifast empty envelopes in the trash at work, I just put them back in my lunch box. They are nosy parkers at my work.
I have bought the EAS shakes previously in the 24 count box at Sam's Club or Costco for about 28 bucks and that was alot cheaper than 4 for 8 bucks at wal-mart. I think that they taste really good. I have about 15 left in the garage fridge and was going to throw them out, but I think that I will drink one a week until they are gone not to waste hard earned money.
Flo, the baby is beautiful. c'est bonne jun file, right?
Forgot to take my shaker to work last night and survived on my bar and a MFmuffin and some celery....revenous
Have a great day.
Fab
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'6

Default Neeeeeeed an intervention

Ok, so I totally went OP ( as in OFF plan) this weekend. WTHeck is wrong with me. We went to the grocery store Friday night after I got off work and I was hungry but instead of munching on a bar or even a shake, I bought everything in site. Literally.

I didn't eat horribly, but I didn't touch a MF product the whole weekend. So back to the drawing board. I was worried about the weekend (I started last Wednesday and did great during the week). Gotta find something else to try to get me through the weekends though.

I'm still going to do my first WI this Wednesday and take the punishment like a big girl....

Today I am back on track and soaking my oatmeal as we speak.

Andrea, you are doing awesome...... Good job..Can I have some of that willpower....
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #160  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

for Melissa and the same for me. We CAN do this, Melissa. Let's make today a pure one.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #161  

You guys just hang there and don't give up!

Maya - I understand about 3 weeks TOM - just finished one myself..I just thought it was age for me? Let us know if you find out anything out the soy products!

I need to go back and catch up a bit - keep moving ahead
Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks Ruth...I SOOO needed that.

I really could just kick myself b/c the three days that I did MF like I was suppose to, it was SOOOOOOO easy..THAT'S why I'm mad at myself.

Just total lack of willpower and restraint.

But that's ok...I'm BACK on track today.

I originally ordered the two week supply, and I think I'm going to go ahead and get the four week as well. Spending all that money will certainly keep me motivated.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 194/169/130

Height: 5' 7"

I just had to share this with people who could empathize. I did a neighbor a favor and she thanked me yesterday by bringing me an entire fresh baked CAKE!! Not a little, miniature cake but a full blown freaken cake!! I live alone, good grief she must think I live to eat (I did actually before MF). I live alone so I took a small piece and threw the rest away. Thank heavens I'm not an alcoholic, I probably would have received a big bottle of vodka. I kind of wish I hadn't eat any of it but on the other hand before joining this forum I probably would have eaten the whole think and then gone to the store for something salty. I am so determined and I am so happy to see all the wonderful reports of weight loss.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Hello! Well, my supply arrived over the weekend and I started this morning with the oatmeal, which did not go down very easy. It was very clumpy, and when I chewed the clumps they broke up into powder. Needless to say, I didn't eat all of it. That was at 7:00 and I am counting down the minutes to 10:00, when I will have a shake. UGH. Oh well, at least I'm at work and distracted. Mellissa, I have NO willpower over the weekend, which is why I started today. I'm worried about next weekend already!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 194/169/130

Height: 5' 7"

Wow, just read my posting, sorry for all the typos!!
Closed Thread