Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'6

Jen, I sure haven't been on MF long enough to know, but so far, I find that I want and need the LG meal...well, maybe not need as much as want.

I have myself thinking ALOT more about food today and kind of obsessing over what I can't have. I've done great though. I'm just praying that tomorrow, Saturday, I can make it through w/o caving....

Jen, could it be just the amount of liquids we take in on this diet as opposed to the one meal of real food we get. Maybe your tummy is adjusting. ???
Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #92  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Sounds like you got some yummy stuff!

I think what i found helpful is that this is not going to be wonderful food. This is going to be what keeps us alive while we lose weight. We eat it and move on with our day and hopefully, find it okay. That makes sense to me anyway.
Brooke,

What I have noticed with myself is I am really enjoying my MF foods. In the beginning it was all I could do to choke some of it down but as time has gone by I really like some of the foods I couldn't stand before. One of my favorites is the chocolate pudding. I made it yesterday and my son was laughing at me because I was scraping my shaker container. I told him it tastes soooo good. He tried it and basically told me I could keep it all to myself. I don't mind that at all..the pudding is like a treat to me anyway.

Jen
Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #93  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope View Post
Jen, could it be just the amount of liquids we take in on this diet as opposed to the one meal of real food we get. Maybe your tummy is adjusting. ???
You know that is very possible. I didn't even think that maybe my stomach is adjusting back to normal eating habits.

Jen
Old 01-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Hi Ladies! Well, I ordered my MF one week ago and my DH just told me that it came in today, so I guess I am starting tomorrow. (I must admit I was thinking of having one last hoo-raa this weekend but decided against it, might as well get going as soon as I can!) I am MF-ing with someone at work, and I think that between her and you guys, I will be able to actually do this. I am so excited to feel free from food cravings and thinking about food all the time...I'm also excited to fit into some more of my cuter clothes, and feel good in them.
Do any of you MF-ers work out? (That sounds funny.) I signed up for a yoga class that starts on Monday (hot yoga, it's supposed to be awesome) and I'm wondering if it's going to be too much...any thoughts?
Looking forward to joining in your success!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #95  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Arrow

Shell: I'm sure you'll read this in your info tonight but, MF doesn't recommend exercising during your first week...maybe two, don't remember. I had been exercising before I started MF, but found that with the reduced number of calories, my body did need a couple of weeks to adjust before I was ready to exercise again. Here I am in week 8 and am still not exercising as much as I had before--but doing some.

Ahh the scale...only two more days before I get back to my scale...err, I mean, my home. I know I'm smaller -- finding bones in places I forgot about. This is funny but -- my shoulders feel pointy. My significant other leaned on me and it actually hurt both of us. I am not a giant pillow anymore! Anyway--I want to know my number...NOW.

Have a great MF-ing weekend, ya'll!

Carol
Old 01-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #96  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
Just a quick note to say hi in particular to Ms Ruthie and to Ms Meowee -- I hope your pre-op went well Ms Ruthie, and I'm glad you got back safely Ms Meowee. How are your fur babies doing?
Other than that, I only have a moment, so I will say that I went shopping for jeans today, and actually fit a
SIZE. 10. JEAN. in a NORMAL store! I keep thinking that this MUST be a vanity size, so I tried on 6 different styles, and was consistantly a
SIZE. 12. JEAN.
Wow.
I bought the size 10 even though they weren't the nicest, but I just HAD to have the number!

Maya
Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #97  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

MAYA Size 10 Canadian would be even smaller in the US . . . I betcha, I betcha.

RUTH Feels so good to have a MEDIFAST forum. We can spread out a little -- just our postings, gang -- not our bodies.

Last edited by meowee; 01-04-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Forgot one YAY
Old 01-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #98  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope View Post
... I pick a green from the list and it tells me that it's usually .5 of a cup...so that's all I have...how can I be low when that's what they're telling me to have???
Hi Mellissa, Ruthxxx is right about your greens. It's 1/2 cup cooked or 1 and 1/2 cup raw. Add in more greens if the site says you're low. Honestly I'd not worry too much if you get a bit too much greens as you'd have to eat boat loads to gain a single pound from greens. It's the dressings that get you not the greens themselves. Can you just imagine how much lettuce it would take to make up 3500 calories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judybeans View Post
...I'm choosing this program b/c I don't want to think or choose too much in the beginning. I just want this weight off my body! The results seem fast. i know nothing is easy but I have 100+ to lose. I want to feel good. I haven't in a while. I have lost and found lots of weight on WW, Atkins, nutrisystem (the older version) and other diets. I feel as though I'm at the end of my rope...
Hi judybeans! I order from the MF website too. I don't think the program cost is really that high if I factor in that I'm no longer over eating (costs money) or eating junk food (costs money) or going out to eat as much (again costs money). I also save my money and buy my MF enough ahead of time so as to qualify for free shipping.

As far as feeling you're at the "end of your rope" I can totally relate as I've tried them all before too: Jenny Craig, WW, Atkins, New Day, Slim Fast, plus lot's of the really crazy one's. Obviously none of those worked. MF really has been a miracle for me.

I encourage you to take this time on MF to read this site like mad. Read everything you can from all the forum sections. Look especially at the Maintainers Forum. This is what I did while losing my first 50+ pounds and I really think it was the key to being able to maintain that loss over the year I've been off MF. I'm now back on to lose the last of my fat and I KNOW I will be successful in the long run because of what I've learned about maintenance from the amazing people on this site.

I wish every one of you the best on this plan. I believe it's a God send!
--Beth
Old 01-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #99  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethedin View Post
...I would like to ask others if they have ever used MF without having a Lean and Green meal. Sometimes I find it hard to want to eat solid food...
Hi Jen! I've had days like that too. Heck even weeks sometimes. You might want to split your Lean & Green into two mini meals if that helps you get it all down. It's really important to get in all you calories and nutrients on this plan so you don't go too low. Too low is just as bad as too high, IMO. I have read on the MF site that Nutritional Support will occasionally say it's OK to have and extra MF meals in place of your Lean & Green "if you have too" but they really frown on it and certainly wouldn't want you doing it on a regular basis so try the splitting thing first. Isn't is funny that we can go from eating like "normal" people (meaning a lot of food) to NOT wanting to eat? This plan kicks butt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
... I went shopping for jeans today, and actually fit a
SIZE. 10. JEAN. in a NORMAL store!...
Oh Maya! How wonderful!!!

--Beth

Last edited by CinnamonGirl; 01-04-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling :-(
Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #100  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey gang . . . I know I'm still only a MF WANNABE . . . but . . .

I think those of you who have the printed copy of the program manual might want to check the Lean and Green section a little more closely (for those of you that did not receive a printed copy; the information is available for downloading in printable format on the Medifast Site and is availabel for everyone, not just clients).

Unless things have changed considerably in the month or two since I printed the on-line copy . . .

The GREEN part consists of 3 servings of veggies. If you choose most salad greens, the serving size is one cup. If you choose other veggies, the serving size is listed as one-half cup. The only place in the listings where they specifically differentiate between cooked and raw is for spinach.

If there is this much confusion about the Green; I wonder if people are also confused about the LEAN -- which has different portion sizes depending on the leanness of the protein chosen?

Perhaps it would be good to have a STICKY encompassing the listings for both the proteins and the veggies -- unless you think if might be an infringement of copyright or something to which MF might object ???? What do all of you actual MF Clients think ????

You need to get those veggies into yourselves and don't forget you can also have those Healthy Snacks.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #101  

I received my package today. I don't know how much I weigh exactly. When I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, I weighed around 190. I'm 5'3" <sigh>, which means I need to lose about 50 pounds.

Anyhoo, I'm really enjoying reading this thread and getting motivated. I'm going to the store in a few minutes to buy some ziploc bags to put my daily MF (feels like I'm cussing) meals in.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #102  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
...serving size is one cup...
Oh, you're right it is 1 cup raw. I just have a handful of raw spinach and don't measure so sorry. Glad you're keeping us on our toes, Ms. Meowee!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #103  
banned

Ms Meowee is RIGHT!!!
3 Servings of green per day:
1 serving = 1 cup raw salad greens
1 serving = 1/2 vegetables cooked OR raw
This is right from the Lean and Green overview.
FYI, everyone!
Maya
Attached Files
File Type: pdf green.pdf (181.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #104  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl View Post
I have read on the MF site that Nutritional Support will occasionally say it's OK to have and extra MF meals in place of your Lean & Green "if you have too" but they really frown on it and certainly wouldn't want you doing it on a regular basis so try the splitting thing first.
--Beth
I am just curious and I may have heard wrong but didn't MF start out as totally liquid? If it was ok then to have all liquid MF meals, I wonder what has changed? Again, I could have heard wrong.

I completely agree. MF kick bootie! I thought for sure this was going to be a struggle for me especially since I have 3 people I still need to cook for but it hasn't been a struggle at all. I can see myself drinking the shakes for life...they are so good!

Jen

p.s. how do you all get your tickers in your posts?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #105  
banned

Medifast used to be Optifast -- remember, 6 shakes per day -- Oprah did this and lost lots?!
Program changed because full liquid diets are really, really hard to comply with, and with the desire to move away from medical supervision (Optifast required med supervision) to a more commercial product that people could STICK with, we now have
MEDIFAST -- 5 meal replacements plus one L/G!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 01-04-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Closed Thread