Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Hi Follena, come on in an sit a spell.
Agreed-- you're welcome in now!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm feeling quite depressed, despite the fact that spring is coming. Apparently this is common this time of year. Consoling myself with cheap chocolate. SIGH.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #79  
Workin' It

Hugs, Dagmar.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 193/164/140

Height: 5'9"

Thx Dagmar, Shannon & Michele. Appreciate the welcome.

I was interested in your cbd oil, Dagmar. So many people use it and find it helpful. My sister takes it for her stage IV cancer.

One of my sons told me about Z-bombs for sleep. Theyíre like gummy bears. I donít have a problem sleeping but one night, I ate half of one dose. My body felt like it was made of lead. Not sure if I slept that night but I sure didnít move!!

Iíve been posting on 3FC since December and almost lost 30 pounds. Iíd like to lose at least 20 more. I do Low Carb Healthy Fat but Iíll eat quinoa, sweet potato, blueberries and oatmeal once in a while.

Iíve been a binge eater most of my adult life. I used sugary foods to deal with depression. The worst thing b/c sugar actually made me more depressed! It was this crazy cycle of sugar making me happy and then Iíd crash when it left my system. So Iím really grateful I found an eating plan actually regulates my blood sugar & mood.

Iím really looking forward to practising maintenance when I get to goal. And learning from those of you whoíve already been maintaining. Have a great night.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Follena!

I, too, am doing low carb-healthy fat (my mantra is protein is good, carbs need to be limited and a little good fat gives everything more flavor). I've only lost 13 pounds and am considering switching to the DASH diet next month. We'll see.

I've got a couple busy days ahead. Today, after work, we have a wine tasting followed by dinner with my BFF who is in town for the BNP Paribus tennis tournament. After that we have a grand opening of a pot shop that we did all the glass work on. Tomorrow I'll work a couple of hours then we're driving to Borrego Springs to see the wildflowers, then go to a small car show and then the grand opening of the new Porsche dealership. Saturday, all the kids (and some extra) are coming for dinner. Sunday, my birthday, we're going to lunch and then to see Captain Marvel.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follena View Post
Thx Dagmar, Shannon & Michele. Appreciate the welcome.

I was interested in your cbd oil, Dagmar. So many people use it and find it helpful. My sister takes it for her stage IV cancer.

Iíve been a binge eater most of my adult life. I used sugary foods to deal with depression. The worst thing b/c sugar actually made me more depressed! It was this crazy cycle of sugar making me happy and then Iíd crash when it left my system. So Iím really grateful I found an eating plan actually regulates my blood sugar & mood.
I'm taking a blend of THC and CBD oils - 12:20 ratio of THC:CBD. I've only been taking it for 4 days so haven't perceived much effect yet. I'm going for pain relief so the next batch I try will have the maximum amount of CBD that I can get.

I'm glad CBD oil is helping your sister deal with what must be a great deal of pain.

I too was a binge eater - downing large quantities of sugar to cope with loneliness and depression. Now I'm finding I only do it occasionally and in much smaller quantities. I think age, hideous next day sugar hangover, and awful sleep for days after the binge are all contributing to my body finally say "enough already".

Dagmar
Old 03-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #83  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm not currently interested in anything CBDTHC related.

What's up this weekend? We already know alinnell has a social whirl lined up! Happy Birthday!

It's the beautiful time of year here, and I hope to spend more time outdoors. Maybe drop on over to the beach.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I'm not currently interested in anything CBDTHC related.

What's up this weekend? We already know alinnell has a social whirl lined up! Happy Birthday!

It's the beautiful time of year here, and I hope to spend more time outdoors. Maybe drop on over to the beach.
I'm going to see Sting in "The Last Ship". I have always liked his voice but have never seen him live. This is something a bit different for him and I think I will like it.

Dagmar
Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I survived book fair. Barely....
Going to Arizona for a few days tomorrow with younger dd, then back to reality....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The weekend plans were changed a bit, but it's all working out. My SIL didn't get tickets for the wine tasting in time, so we didn't do that. Instead we went to the grand opening of the new pot shop we helped build. It was crazy busy but we got some good photos and I met the manager. Then we went to dinner with my BFF and her BF and came back for a night cap. It was a great evening. The next day I went with my in-laws to see flowers in Anza Borrego State Park--which was kind of a bust as the flowers weren't anything better than what we have in the valley. We did get to see some of the sculptures the city is famous for. Afterward, DH and I attended the grand opening of the new Porsche dealership which was also kind of a bust as every owner and his brother was there. It took half an hour just to turn into the dealership in order to park. We talked to our friends and then went to a bar that I've always wanted to go to. It's in a really sketchy area and DH didn't really think we ought to go, but I said "trust me" and he was happy he did. It's a really old bar that was relocated. Small, intimate and nothing sketchy at all. We had a couple appetizers to share for a late dinner.
Yesterday, DS, DH and I went to lunch and then went back to the pot shop where I bought a couple relaxing vapes. We'll see how they work. Then I prepared my birthday dinner and everyone came over. We had a nice time! It was fun as DD got out some of her boxes that she left when she moved out a decade or so ago. It was fun seeing the memories.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:24 AM   #87  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/111/<114

Height: 5' 3.5"

Back from the India trip. It was pretty hectic with no downtime between meetings and evening events so lots of working hours, and coupled with me being wide-awake in the mornings because of jetlag meant I had some sleeping catch-up to do when I got home - sneaked in a lazy 14hr sleep session on Sunday!! Feel great now! The food was great/ a disaster. I ate heaps of everything because I love all the curry dishes, then came home and had chocolate and toast and wine and goodness knows-what, so today is Back To Basics, which has been easy enough but it always is the 'first' day. Haven't dared get on scales yet, but did go to the gym for a weights class today.
So I want to be fairly disciplined until at least Friday night (when we have a big night out lined up), and hopefully by then i'll be brave enough to get back on the scales.

Dagmar - what are you doing buying 'cheap' chocolate? Do you prefer it? Otherwise life's too short - get some teeny quantities of the nice stuff instead!! Hope you're feeling better. How was Sting? I went to see him at the Opera House here (quite) a few years ago, singing with Sydney Symphany Orchestra. He was great. I love his voice too and was always a bit of a Police fan in my youth!

yay Follena - good to see you over here!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #88  

ange I really enjoyed "The Last Ship" as a production. Sting was quite low key and his part in the musical was not as big as I thought it would be. Still has a great voice though and he did the acting part of things quite well. I was a big "Police" fan back when they were part of the "new wave".

I'm not a big fan of musicals but I'm finding the staging fascinating. What they are doing with minimal construction now and screens and projection is amazing! Though in this case it was ironic - the show was about skilled workers and tradesmen losing their jobs and this is in part what the reduction of built sets also does. I suppose the people doing the projections and things are making up in part for that.

I also like to watch people in the audience - lots going on there.

It was a very satisfying birthday gift that I gave to myself.

Dagmar
Old 03-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #89  
Workin' It

Early day today. Yoga, exercise, headspace, cleaned the bathrooms, got the boy ready for school, now worky work. I didn't sleep well last night, and can feel it now that the coffee is finished. Phew.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

This week, as long as weather allows, gardening and landscaping. Today is beautiful! My food has been so-so the past few days, but I will do better. I made my first glass of iced tea -- it's feeling like spring!

Ange, glad your hectic trip is over.

Shannon, here's wishes for better sleep tonight, for both of us!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote