Old 10-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #151  
One pound at a time...

Good afternoon Ladies! WI was not so bad last night, I had the normal 2 lbs gain from Saturday, and had to explain *sigh* again to the counsellor that it was normal for me to gain, and *sigh* yes, I was on plan, look in my book if you like. However, I am down 1 lbs from last week, so I can now finally, officially move my ticker. I know realize what a great program this is. I am now in my 8th week of the program, and it looks like I will lose about 16 lbs in total (if I am on track this week). It took about 16 weeks when I was with Jenny Craig to lose the same amount. It is so true that you need to find a plan that works with you.

Katie-My heart goes out to your friends, but WTG on the NSV

Pearl-I love reading what are cooking! It gives me some great ideas!

Rebeca-What gorgeous god children (you are right about the part of giving them back )

I am scale addict as well, so I don't have a scale in my house, except for my food scale. Good thing it only weighs up to about 15 lbs.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Default THANKS to everyone fortheir support

Pearl..just got back from a walk with my Golden and thought about what you posted earlier. I also think I have such a long way..... to go...guess it takes patience. i know its coming off...hard to wait..but I will...(have no choice, come to think of it)

oh girlies.....I dont even know TOM anymore.....maybe I can coin a new term...MENO...hee hee .....Or PMENO..for post menopausal...hee hee.
ANyway whats with the blemishes on this face.?? Am I detoxing from bad food????I might as well be a young folk .....AM I the only oldie out these...59 that is....but still lovin life.
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #153  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Carol--for a minute I could just picture you up on the kitchen counter curled up on the tiny scale! You are doing awesome losing!! I think there is a plan for everyone--I am so glad we tried this one because it is definitely the one for DH & I!

Pearl--glad to hear you have "me time". Congrats on approaching a new decade--always so exciting! I agree about COD needing "something" to comment about. Try to remember--I've been 10 pounds from goal since May--I'll be around here forever!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #154  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Pearl-have you tried ground turkey for turkey burgers, meatloaf and taco meat? You have to get the turkey breast for it to be really lean-but I think it's yummy!

Also-gardenburgers are great for breaking up the monotony of chicken and tilapia. And salmonburgers-yum! I just remembered I have some in the freezer!

I've never noticed the lean cuisines slowing down my weight loss-any slow-down is for other reasons
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #155  

Deb, Katie, Lori, Peal and Carol- You guyz make me blush!!! Thanks for making me feel so good about myself, but I owe it all to all of you! Thanks!!!

I found a gym here that is open 25hrs a day and I am crazy about going there... I am going to stop by after work to check it out and possibly sign up! I gotta get in shape! Ever since i stopped workign out all i see is flab! Its $35 a month for one year contract so its not too bad! Also i gotta start bringing my lunches in so I wont have to buy whatever and just go with the flow!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #156  
FBD/8-18-08

Julie Marie - I do a lot with ground turkey. Taco meat (I make my own seasoning) meatballs (I make my own sauce and seasoning), meatloaf, stirfry, soup, oh yeah!!! (Of course, DH probably just puts "chicken" down for anything that looks like poultry!)

Nance - your ticker makes it look like you've only got 20 pounds to go... ?

Lea Ann - I want you to lose that 10 pounds, but I want you to stay here too! Okay, as I stated earlier - I'm selfish! I admit it!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #157  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Does that happen a lot? Once our chickies reach goal do they fade away? Oh no! I love talking with everyone of you - you can't ever leave..... no more fairy dust for you.................... he he he.

I'm doing surprisingly well considering this is day two of TO and I was so nervous about doing this. Last year I quit the program during my first attempt at TO by myself and I was afraid the same thing would happen again. It's absolutely amazing what a difference your support has made this time around. Really amazing. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on this phenomenon.... it can't be just me. Last time I felt so alone, like everyone else on the planet was having fun eating their yummy goodies and then there was me, all alone, starving and unhappy. Now, Viola! Instead of feeling alone and unhappy I feel empowered and part of something. Sorry to gush so much, but it is true. You Ladies make ALL the difference. I simply could not do this without your support. So.........
Thank You So Much Chickies. I owe you all big time.

Oh, BTW.... I just weighed myself and I'm down 3 pounds from yesterday morning!!!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Default changing my ticker...

Pearl--you are right...that was merely my first goal...I plan to buy at least 10-15 weeks......I was conservative with the first goal.....I really would love to be at 170 or 160.....actually I will be happy when I reach 190 he hheeee....
I would really like to be a size 12.....Now I am a size 16 or 18.....thanks fofr the response.

Has anyone had blemish problems with their first month....am I cleansing ????
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #159  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lori - thanks for the new picture!! Okay, now you can bring back that funny avatar that always makes me smile!

Rebeca - thanks for sharing the pics......yup, you're hot alright......hubby's got a keeper! Gotta ask if you really meant to say "25 hour a day" gym - I sure could use an extra hour in my day!

Pearl - I could read your posts all day long! I agree with your COD - as long as you're losing, stick with the plan. I agree that they must have been grasping at things to talk to your DH about. At least with women they can talk about "women" stuff like TOM, menopause, etc....I'm guessing their message was to make sure you add variety so you don't get bored. Now, you seem to have the most exciting menus out there (along with Cassi and Sommer and probably some others I don't know about), so I would just take this comment with a grain of salt. DH should ask them to share THEIR diary so he can see what they ate all week.....I think most of us eat chicken about half the time...at least I do. Chicken, eggbeaters, chicken, tilapia, chicken, tuna, chicken, morningstar grills, turkey breast repeat. I'm eyeballing your ticker waiting for the big TA DA moment for you. I've actually been in the high 150s for a long time. Too long. Gotta shake this up.

Regarding Take Off - my very good, successful on the program counselor knew I was doing take off and I mentioned I was doing it with my own concoction (meaning the Knudsen juice). She didn't have a hissy fit, but actually suggested that I would be better off doing TO with oranges....but she said only 2 oranges for the day. So for those that can't find the juice or prefer real food....go with oranges. Two oranges didn't seem enough to me, but that's what she suggested.

RedDeb - you don't fade away from here once you make goal (it's the LAW part of LAWL) - you go on the Maintainers thread and you check in every so often with us. I've actually read the Maintainers thread when I needed to read about long-term successes. I highly suggest it to anyone with about 30 minutes to spare. Glad you are having such good success with TO, you are right...our successes depend on the support we get here and (hopefully) at our center, planning and keeping a diary. Exercise helps too!

Gotta run so hi to all my fellow LAWL pals around the globe (okay, around North America!) Off to play some tennis!

Lea Ann - everytime I started to respond to a thread tonight, you had said exactly what I was going to say. I find that funny and interesting.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Pearl-that's funny about the chicken! Poultry and fish seem to be the only "safe" meats according to the COD! Ha! That's cool that you're in the ministry...I was pre-seminary when I first started college, but couldn't pass 3rd level Greek! Therefore...I became a neuropsych major. Lol. So related, I know. What denomination are you?

Rebeca-now, girl, HOW did you find a gym open 25 hours a day?! Last time I checked there were still only 24 hours in MY days...

Not such a good day for me. I've been pretty depressed today and I'm not feeling so well physically. I did go to WI though, but I haven't lost ANYTHING since last Friday. Grr. It might be my TOM coming up? I don't know, I lost track. But I'm frustrated in general, because I KNOW I've been good. My fitday calculations never go past 1500 cals, and are more often closer to 1250-1300 cals. I haven't cheated at all...COD says I need to eat more in the beginning of the day, but that's hard for me, because I like to eat in the evenings. And I just don't have time in the mornings to fix anything bigger than some fruit and yogurt or something. I already get up at the butt-crack of dawn (I have to be to work BY 7am). Anyway...I'm frustrated and sad and just needing to vent.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #161  
on LAWL

Rebeca--I sure could use that extra hour you get in the day--LOL. Is it a Brazilian time thing??

Pearl--you are not selfish--just really really sweet to all of us! WOW--girl!! You're not only approaching a new decade you get to move a whole century--WOWOWOWOWWOW!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #162  
on LAWL

reddeb--your losses are amazing. I LOVE the support and friendship here--sometimes I think it works because misery loves company--LOL.

Nance--are you sure your not going through puberty instead of post-meno?? LOL. It could very well be all the healthy eating--getting rid of all the toxins in your body--makes sense to me anyway.

Joni--great minds.... You beat to the punch on Rebeca's extra hour though. I would totally waste it on sleep--hehe.

Meagan--hang in there girl--as long as you are following the plan it will come off--for a lot of us it happens in spurts so you may have a slow week then make up for the next week or so.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #163  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Okay - here's my BEFORE picture (see avatar)...this picture just cracks me up. I guess it was taken about 40 years ago.

Meagan - as long as you are doing the program the scale will move eventually. Make sure you are eating all you are supposed to. I say keep your calories around 1,500, but I'm no expert. Hang in there and see what the scale says next weigh in - I'm sure you'll have a nice loss!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #164  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Evening chickies! OMG my scale at home had the lowest number I've ever seen in the past, oh 2 YEARS!!!!!!!! Hopefully it will still be that low on Friday!

WARNING, TMI alert - Last night I woke up about 2:30 a.m. with the MOST HORRIBLE pain in my , well, I think it was constipation, but HOLY friggin cow!! I thought I was going to puke from the pain, and it wasn't even when I was trying to go potty. It was just laying in the bed. Finally I got up and walked downstairs to make some of the tea (Natures reply), and I came back upstairs and got back in bed and drank a few sips and dozed of, and this morning I was ok, but I still haven't been to the potty yet! Has anyone ever felt that type of pain in your rear? Sorry to be gross, but I didn't know who to ask!

Been POP today, so that's good. Sorry no personals, but I am exhausted!

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #165  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all!

Jenni- I have IBS, and yes, I have had that kind of pain before. Several months ago I had a bad instance, it felt like my colon was having a seizure. I was screaming and puking. DH did not know what to think. Scared him a little. Anyways, I am glad you are feeling better today. Drink the tea and take some stool softeners. Hope it all comes out okay, hehehe. Sorry, couldn't resist. I am a 13 year old at heart.

Joni- LOVE the before pic. That kid has mischief written all over her face.

Reddeb- When our chickies go away we really miss them. I know what you mean about the support around here. I would be lost without you ladies. My DH tires very quickly on the subject of LAWL. Of course, he does think that I should be infinitely interested in car talk of any kind. Men, you can't live with them and you just can't force them to go on LAWL. I know, I tried.

Megan- Plateaus suck. They are the F word of the dieting world. They do end however. Stick to it, I promise that it will get better. If you are feeling low and crappy, maybe it is time for some pampering. Take a bath, drink some tea, paint your toenails, rent a comedy, whatever it is that comforts you. I used to comfort myself with food. Since being on LAWL I realized that I love relaxing with a cup of coffee or tea, I love wearing sweaters, and I love playing games on my cell phone. The point is, find your comfort zone. Do some nice stuff for yourself, and do not forget that eating right is an amazing, wonderful thing that you are doing for your body, even when the lbs are not flying off.

Pearl- Selfish? No, lady, I think not. I wish you were my neighbor! Thanks for helping boost everyone around here.

Nance- I think that is a real possibility. Considering the amount of water you are drinking, your body may very well be cleaning out a lot of garbage. You may want to try an herbal detox tea nightly for a couple of weeks to help facilitate that. What a great feeling to know that you are ridding yourself of toxins that make you sick and overweight.

Rebeca- I, too, wondered about that extra hour. Can you purchase that at your COD, and if so, will it speed up your weight loss?

I am heading over to my sisters for our family card night. I made a pot of OP chicken soup to take. I am POP on gold today except that my sweet pre-school teacher brought me a tamale this afternoon. She loves to share her amazing cooking talents with us. It was small, and awesome. Can I just say that I could live on the Chocolate Peppermint Stick Lunas for the rest of my life. I love them, and the Dulce De Leche. Have a great night everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote