Old 10-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #136  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Great pics Rebeca!! You hot motorcylce mama!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #137  
on LAWL

Default Great Website

There is a lot in this month's Self magazine about breast cancer. A great website they recommended is www.YourDiseaseRisk.com and you can take different health test. Of course, my risk for breast cancer is slightly higher than average because of family history but other than that it showed I am doing a lot RIGHT to prevent it. Amazingly, one of the things it was specific about was weight! It actually said I am NOT overweight (I guess by cancer standards!). And for once not being tall was a plus for me too--lol. Whatever their chart--I LIKE it!!!

Anyway--thought some of you might like to check it out. Pretty interesting stuff.

GET HEALTHY--STAY HEALTHY!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #138  

Default My other goldchildren!

Attachment 23752

Attachment 23753

Attachment 23754
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello chickies,

How is everybody? I am have a great but very busy day so far.

PrazTeam, my name is Ulanda. I thought I listed it before but maybe I didn't. I am new to this type of stuff so I could have forgotten it. I sing on our Praise Team at church, is that where your screen name comes from?

Boo'sMom, I am looking forward to my NikeShox, I have tried on a pair and they felt great, but they weren't the color or anything that I wanted. I think I will appreciate these more because I earned them. Just really hoping that I will get them for Christmas.

Rebeca, your pictures are really nice. I told my husband about 3 1/2 years ago that I wanted to go to Rio DeJeniro (sp?). The people are just beautiful to me. How far did you live from there?

Well I just wanted to check in because I will be swamped for the rest of the day and don't know if I will get back. Everyone take care and have POP day!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #140  

Default again

DSC01262.jpgDSC01512.jpgDSC01449.jpg

They are my borrowed kids....love to give them back...lol
Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #141  

Thanks for all the tips - that really helps me to just hang on and stick with it. Thanks for pics, too, from everyone! You all are great helpers for one another...I think it would be much harder w/o folks to check in with and share ideas. I can't usually check much on days I work, but enjoy reading and will try to keep up! Thanks for all of the sharing and tips!
AngelaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #142  

2bfit- I lived 4 hours from Rio, about an hour flying! The only bad thing about going to brazil with a husband is that you might come back without one...lol...
The women on the beach with BEAUTIFULLLL bodies and G strings....ohhhh iam sooooo jealous.....
Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #143  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Happy to report a weigh in this morning of 159.6. Not bad considering I had not officially weighed in about 2 weeks. Day 1 of TO is over and it really was painless. Day 2 is going well too.

Katie - on Gold plan, you get 2 proteins and the protein amounts vary. Raw weight for common proteins are 6 oz for chicken breast; 5 oz turkey; 5 oz fish, 2TB RF Peanut butter....I am doing your 6 week challenge and talked to my COD (FINALLY got the good counselor) about it today...and here's the breakdown she suggested (she called this Accelerated Program and said the slim downs have a bunch of good soy in them that help make this work):

2 days of TO
5 days of regular program using 1 slim down (P/S) each day
2 days of regular program
5 days of regular program using 1 slim down (P/S) each day
2 days of TO

QUESTION - any idea what's out there that is a substitute for JetStart and has anyone tried it and what are their thoughts on it? My COD thinks it really helps with metabolism (and their profit margin, I'm sure!)
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #144  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Kristi- Great job on staying strong. I usually go out quite a bit for lunch, but it's to the same place with the same food so I know I will be good. Now, if we go out to eat, we usually plan it ahead of time (except for the pizza the other night) and I try to plan what I am going to eat before hand.

Nance- The LA dressings are really close to lite dressings as far as the nutritionals. I really like the honey mustard and the thousand island and they are so handy to put in my purse or my locker at work so I always have one. On the snacks, I only really like the cheese curls and I have found that they have to be really fresh for me to like them, if they have been sitting around for a while, they taste like cardboard. I do like Cassi and get the 100 calorie packs of the cheetos and doritos. They are usually enough to satisfy my snack cravings.

Pearl- I am glad that I could be an inspiration to someone. You are doing so awesome and I just know that with your super attitude and wonderful family, you are going to make it!!! Your outlook, attitude and words of wisdom inspire me every day to do better and be a better person. Than you!!!!

2befit- I wouldn't worry to bad about getting an extra fat every now and then. I don't think one time is going to throw you off balance.

Michelle- 4 days does not make a stall. Keep your chin up, your body is probably just adjusting. Try to keep more tabs on a weekly weight loss instead of everytime you go in. Are you doing the lites? You may have a reaction to soy if you do. You could also be allergic to some kind of food you are eating and that could be causing the bloat. I love pistachio's but if I eat them I get all bloaty because I am slightly allergic to them.

Katie- In southern CO. potatoes are a big crop too and they take time off there. Also when we lived in western CO, you could take the kids out of school for a week for hunting season, everybody that didn't go had a really easy week at school that week. Also great job on sticking to plan on your sad evening.
Did they move you to red because you were exercising like a mad woman? Purple with lites would be the same as what you are doing now, I would try that for a couple of weeks and if it doesn't do anything then see about going to gold with lites. Proteins are 2 oz. less and 1 less veggie.

Kim- So glad you are having a great day!!! Send some of those good feelings my way ok?

Angela- Welcome- Everybody is different. Most women do gain water weight before or during TOM. I usually never did, but the last 2 months I have seen a 2-3 lb gain the week before and a nice 3-4 lb loss a few days after TOM starts. You may just have a super nice loss when your TOM is over.

Rebeca- Awesome pictures. You are looking hot as always! Beautiful kids!

I think HeatherPP had said that she wouldn't get too much net time at work right now. She's probably super busy with her new job.

HeatherCP has gone MIA too. Anybody heard from Deets????

I woke up with a killer headache. I was planning on going to WI today but I think I will wait until tomorrow and try to get my workout in that I missed yesterday because I was so stinkin tired when I got home.

Have a super day chickies!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #145  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Joni- WOOHOO on the new decade!!!! I bought some of the jetstart with my 20% off coupon. They gave a price break if you bought 7 packages and then I got the 20% off of that. I got them for about $1.65 a piece. I personally think they are very good. Kind of reminds me of a starbucks coffee frappachino minus the ice. It counts as a dairy and a fruit. I wouldn't have any idea on what you could sub for it.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #146  
on LAWL

Kristi--congrats on the scale!! Worth staying home. I have been eating so good this week and blew it at lunch. I've never hit the snack bar at school until today. Oh well.

Joni--congrats on the 150's!!!! That is great.

Deb--feel better soon!! Any time for a little nap?? I sure could use one about now.... too many carbs at lunch.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #147  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Rebeca, you look great! What beautiful children also.

Thanks for all of the plan advice ladies. I think that I will try gold and see what happens. With the slim fast and lunas, this is a lot of soy for me. I have found that Gas X helps a lot with the bloat and gas pain. Hopefully my sis is right. I just think that I really need a change!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #148  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Good morning, Chickies!

WI today was excellent. We have a new chick at the COD and she is very supportive and way cool... She uses all the little motivator tricks... for example, in our scale area there are several magnetic white boards with everyone's name on a magnet. I've looked for mine (glancing around while weighing) and never saw it. I just thought it was something they weren't keeping up with. So, after I WI today, this lady asked me if I moved my magnet to the 60 lb mark yet. I said I didn't think I had one. Well, we found it, clear over on the new client side - where I hadn't lost anything yet. What a treat to move it clear across the cubicle!

Katie - sorry about your friends.

Rebecca - good to see you! You have some pretty good looking kiddos to borrow!

Nance - they told me at my COD that they were discontinuing the salad dressings. I can't buy them anymore - I like the honey mustard - good to stick in the purse.

Joni - welcome to the 150s!

Hey to everyone else - gotta run to a meeting!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #149  
on LAWL

Yeah--Lori has a new face!!! You look terrific and DD is a cutie, too. Glad you have a good newbie! Our newbies at COD always seem to still be pushy--just doing their job I suppose.

Katie--hope the added soy doesn't work you over too much and that it all works itself out over time.

Okay--NO MORE BRAGGING for me today. On the disease risks tests I took it showed my weight as good for breast cancer risk, but not a good risk indicator for heart disease and diabetes--bummer. I'm really okay--I took the other tests and I am in pretty great shape as far as "risks" go.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #150  
FBD/8-18-08

Ulanda - You may have posted your name (lovely!) and I probably missed it. I usually look at signatures for names (senility!). I'm the Director of Services at my church - I'm the Praise and Worship Leader, and I'm over the Video and Sound Departments. So yep, Prazteam is what I'm known as...

Rebeca - Your pictures are HOT and your "borrowed babies" are so beautiful! I'm so jealous of your (their) beautiful complexion! WOW!

Joni - I admire your determination! I hope this works for ya cutie! Congrats on the new decade!!! I'm hoping for a new one myself shortly!

Deb - Is your husband's first name Killer or Headache?!? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

Lea Ann - Where have I been?!? You've only got 11 POUNDS TO GO?!?? Whoa!!! Or should I say Giddyup!?? Believe it or not, I get my "kicks" doing what I do. I take time out each day for myself, sometimes to read, listen to praise music, read a magazine, study a cookbook... but truly, I get my fuel from what I do for someone else. Actually, it's probably selfish, because it makes me feel great, so maybe all in all, I'm doing it for myself selfishly. Spiritually speaking, I believe that Jesus came to serve not to be served and I want to have a servant's heart. You're awesome!!!

Have you guys seen the "brocolli cole slaw mix" in the grocery? I got 2 bags from a friend (they didn't like it). It's brocolli, a little bit of carrot and cabbage. I knew I didn't want to make slaw out of it (yuk!) so I made a stir fry out of it. I added garlic, onions and Lite Soy. It turned out great! Yum. Not something I'd want to eat on a regular basis because of the salt in the soy, but definately a treat.

By the way, COD counselor wanted to know why we were eating so much chicken!?! Can you imagine??? DH got fussed at for eating steak once a week. Got fussed at for eating pork loin once, and we were "warned" to stay away from the limited foods and Lean Cuisines because they inhibit loss. So, we've been doing CHICKEN and fish... good grief! We alternate egg beaters with cottage cheese, prepare the chicken in different ways, and have tuna and tilapia every few days. Sometimes I think they just need something to say to make it look like they are doing their job!

DH asked about our (they know I'm doing this with him and even ask about me from time to time) doing TO and they said absolutely not. We are still losing, and we need to wait for a plateau before doing TO. So, we're holding off for now. As long as we're losing, I'm good with it!

Back to keying!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote