Old 10-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #121  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Will I have stalled....I have not lost a ounce since Saturday a.m., they say it is okay bec. I lost so much my first week and so I am still on schedule. I don't buy it. I have done absolutly no exercise for a week....I tried to do cardio 1 day but I still have all this sinus crud and couldn't handle it. I have never gone off plan. I do feel bloated, but it is not TOM for another week or so and I am not pregnant unless I am a week in.....hopefully not seeings as we already have 5.

Discouraged, but well handle it. Off to the Lemon Water I go.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #122  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Michelle- Sorry you are feeling so low. Sometimes when I am sick I do not lose very much either. Something about your body being busy right now, I think. Keep to the faith, though. Soon you will be rewarded with a big loss.

Reddeb- Rely on hot drinks like herbal tea with splenda to help quell the hunger pains. It really works, and there are some teas out there that taste like a real treat to me. Peppermint is one, chai is another. Also, Celestial Seasonings has a line of dessert teas that are just wonderful, and calorie free. I did not realize that spud harvest was such a rare event. We lived for spud harvest as kids, however.

Joni- Thanks for the info. What is the protein size?

Well, TO is over, and I did pretty good with it. POP yesterday. I am so excited to be getting my groove back. I bought 6 new outfits this weekend. They are so cute, but I can't wait to pass them off to someone else because they are too big. One pair of slacks is a little too tight. Here in a few weeks they will fit great. Thanks for all of the inspiration girls!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #123  

Good Morning-

Redde- Thank you! I do miss them like crazy too, i have a huge family there and here its just me, my brother and parents! It does make you appreciate how much you do have though!

Katie - so sad about your friends! I am glad you took that chance to hug your kids a little tigher! Sometimes we live as though death doesnt exist until we are forced to face it! I do have missed purple sunshine too!

To everyone else have a beautiful day!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #124  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks!

Well, day one of TO is done, and my home scale says I've lost 1.6 of the 2.4 I gained over the weekend. I am facing the demon scale at the COD today. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement on getting back POP!

Reddeb - The golf would have cancelled the desserts if I had walked the course! You burn a lot less cals riding in a cart - actually they didn't give the option of walking - it's a mountain course - way hilly.

Jenni - I love PB on apple slices too! I love bringing that for lunch, and not having to use a starch. Congrats on handling your difficult customer!

Lori - Your driver's license has your weight on it!!??! Good lord, I'd rather walk...wait, then I'd weigh less..oh, never mind.

Katie - What a sad thing. There really are no words for the family. It really does make you enjoy every day you have, doesn't it?

Kristi - Great NSV! (and hopefully a future SV because of it!)

Michelle - hang in there. While you may not be losing now, you are still lighter than you were! You will eventually see progress.

So, last night after the gym (they changed the classes, I was expecting a sculpt and it was Step and weights! Ugh.)and after dinner, I had some De-tox tea. I woke up this AM feeling great! Don't know if it was the TO, or the tea, or the workout, but I like it!

Have a great day, all! (OK, I'm so cheery I'm annoying myself!)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #125  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni - Thanks! I'm glad to hear a fuzzy navel is a drink - for a moment I had a visual you probably don't want me to elaborate on! (I SO live under a rock!)

Deb - I swear - I've been thinking about your photos off and on since I saw them! I am SO inspired! For one thing, you aren't a "stranger", I feel like I know you a little. And even on the way with DS to work this morning, I was thinking about the drastic difference! WOW! Inspired is the only word I can think of! I can't thank you enough for sharing those!

Nance - I AM determined - although my boys would say I'm "stubborn" and when I set my mind to something, I usually follow through. So, I've decided to apply that to a new way of eating for life and it seems to be working. Unfortunately, with so much to lose, I'm sadly thinking of so many that will meet their goal and fade into the background of this forum... I hope that doesn't happen. I don't know about the stuff sold at LAWL much, but from reading here and looking at labels, I've determined they are more worried about salt than just about anything else! I decided I'm more concerned with eating HEALTHY - so I'm watching all of it!

2bfit - I can't wait to see your photo - but how about a name?!? (I'm pushy, I know!) Sounds like you made an educated decison on that protein - way to go girlfriend! - Definately a NSV!!!!!! Love your idea for your first reward! I'm still trying to think of something! Joni mentioned that I should be planning one for 45# around Christmas - so I'm working on it!

SAHMof - I'm addicted to the scale too, but I take it with a grain of SAND - You didn't think I was going to say SALT did you ?!? I'm trying to limit my salt!!! I also have a lot to weight to lose and health to gain, and you are definately off to a GREAT start!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You deserve it!

Kristi - NSV Girlfriend!!!! Way to go!!! Now, make up with hubby and let him know "dessert" comes with a POP meal!!! - wink - wink - That'll get him back on the right track!!!

Katie - I'm glad you made it through. I know with all the school shootings going on right now, all of us should be hugging our babies a little tighter! I remember at 13 when my dad had just gotten home from the hospital with a clean bill of health - and died in our living room 30 minutes later. It taught me a lesson that I am soooo thankful for! I'm so jealous of 6 new outfits! I had a lady that I didn't even know, in Texas, send me 2 huge boxes of clothes pre-LAWL. Some fit, some were too small and I was going to pass them on but for some reason, held on to them. Well, I'm glad I did, because I'm already wearing some of them! (She spends a lot more on her clothes than I do!)

Michelle - hang in there girlfriend! The scales go up and down - but ultimately - they go DOWN!!! It will come!

Kim - Way to go with TO! Love the photo! (You cutie) Keep up the great work! You deserve it!

I'm at church again this a.m. training someone for Video Ministry. I stayed up last night and made dh's breakfast, lunch and dinner for today so he wouldn't have to get up any earlier. (brownie points if I ever heard of 'em!)

I was up .5 today but who cares?! I'll be back down in a few. Starting to feel like TOM may be approaching, but since that happened on VACATION!!!! (That will teach me to pray for dh to get plenty of rest on vacation!) I hope it holds off another week!

I'm about done here, so I'll be home in an hour to see my Honey Love Sugar Babe before he goes to work. Then it's transcription all day...

Blessings you gorgeous beauties!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #126  

Question for you gals - I started TO on Tuesday of last week and lost 4 lbs...then came TOM (Saturday) and a 1 lb. increase... which is still there today. I haven't noticed any loss since my initial...frustrating...I'm trying to focus on the overall one week loss. Do you all usually gain during TOM?
AngelaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #127  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--what horrible news. How sad for hte family. But I agree--I couldn't bear to lose a child so I hope if I have to lose them I go too. Hope TO went well.

Lori--too funny about the drivers license--they put the weight on it in AZ and I never weighed it, even though it was a blatant lie! Now I weigh less than my lie.

Jenni--I hope you enjoyed your kid-free time--we all need it sometimes!!

2Bfit--You will LOVE the Nike shox--I wear tennies every day for work so I wanted something great--and they are! Well worth the $$--I want to look into the ID ones--my niece has them and they are too cute!

Kristi--good for you for staying strong!! Did he end up taking the kids without you?? What a nice break for you if so.

catch up on the next page!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #128  
Kim - IP 9/10

Angela -

I don't always gain during TOM, but I DO always gain back some of what I've lost on TO. That's why I use it more as a "get back on track" kind of thing instead of a huge weight loss booster. Everyone gets different results with TO. My COD told me that for the first few days after TO, I should not eat foods that take longer to digest (basically any of the limited foods on the plan) because you will gain a little back.

Focus on the big picture! You worked hard and are down overall! WTG!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #129  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Katie-I think you would only move down one plan-not 2. So-you should probably be on purple. Not sure what the exchanges are though.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #130  
on LAWL

Katie--I thought you were a scale addict, too! I am guilty as charged!! I try so hard not to and am down to ONLY weighing first thing in the morning. Are you saying you don't yourself or your food anymore?? I agree with Joni--I would think Gold with Lites. Gold protein is 2 ounces less then purple/red. Congrats on the new clothes!

Michelle--this is perfectly normal--not a stall or plateau just yet--it's only been a few days. I haven't lost since May--that's either a plateau or early maintenance! I know it's easy to get frustrated--hang in there.

Kim--glad TO is going well!!

Pearl--cool about the box of clothes--I love wearing "new" stuff. Have a great day--and don't work too hard!! You do so much for so many!! I know you love it but take care of you, too. Plan a really great reward. I usually go along the lines of self pampering myself! LOVE massages and pedicures.

Angela--I ALWAYS gain during TOM--and sometimes the week before, too!! Just stick with the plan and you'll be fine.

Okay--NOW I am caught up. I have 3 kiddoes today--can you tell we are close to a 2 day break--they all turn into heathens pre-break!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #131  
on LAWL

Katie--I know I am taller but... my COD said I would stay on Gold all the way from 188 to 150 goal (hahahahaha) and go to green if I wanted less than 143 (hahahahahaha) Anyway--I only went to Blue b/c of the exercise but they kept me there when I quit the hard stuff. Now I am thinking I should drop myself back to Gold but I really LOVE the 3rd starch. Just me. YOu know all there is to know about the program so pick a color and try it out for a while.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #132  
I want to be a Loser!!

S/C/G: 227/220/160

I am glad to know that I am not the only person that is so addicted to their bathroom scales.. I have issues if I do not weight myself atleast once a day. So I almost have Dh convinced to do the entire program with me, instead of just dinner and weekends. I made it clear to him I was not cooking two different dinners so he would have to eat what I fix..lol So I am no the purple plan with the LA Lites, however I do not want to do the lites, frankly I can not afford to do them.. Why should I go in debt to lose weight?? IF I wanted to spend all that money and go into debt I would opt for surgery, not to struggle and do this the hard way. However my center is a big pusher and wants you to use their products, I just have to remind myself to stand firm and tell them NO!! So any suggestings as to how to supplement for the Lites, or if I should be on another plan, would be greatly appreciated.

This has already been a busy week, I did TO Sunday and Monday, then OP Tuesday and today, and of course TOM came today. So I am afraid I will not see the scale move until next week. I go for WI today so I will update as needed.

Christi
SAHMof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #133  
on LAWL

SAHM--just tell your center you aren't going to do the lites and they will change you to an all food plan. I am pretty sure Red is up from Purple but no idea what the additional food would be. Someone who knows will chime in on it. The center can't make you buy the Lites and they know it.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #134  

Default Pics

Here are some pics from not too long ago...the baby is Mea my newest Godchild!

DSC01640_1.jpgDSC01682.jpgDSC01719.jpg
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #135  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Rebeca: Looking good girl!! Aww... your Godchild is soooo cute!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote