Old 07-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #121  
PurpleSunshine

Joan - thanks so much - I really appreciate that - I like to get different ideas on how people are combining their foods and such - I truly think that makes a difference. Katie had posted a red plan weeks ago that I copied - using that for ideas too -

ATTENTION IF ANYONE LOVES CHICKEN, CHEESE AND PITAS - YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT RECIPE THAT KATIE POSTED WITH THE CHICKEN BREAST - BASIL PESTO SPREAD AND LF CHEESE IN A PITA POCKET - OMG - IT IS TO DIE FOR - SO SO SO GOOD!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #122  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Joan - thanks so much - I really appreciate that - I like to get different ideas on how people are combining their foods and such - I truly think that makes a difference. Katie had posted a red plan weeks ago that I copied - using that for ideas too -

ATTENTION IF ANYONE LOVES CHICKEN, CHEESE AND PITAS - YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT RECIPE THAT KATIE POSTED WITH THE CHICKEN BREAST - BASIL PESTO SPREAD AND LF CHEESE IN A PITA POCKET - OMG - IT IS TO DIE FOR - SO SO SO GOOD!!!

Heather no problem. I try to mix things up, but sometimes find myself getting into "habits" of eating the same things. I really have to watch that.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #123  
PurpleSunshine

BRE - Oh my oh my - I don't know how you are doing that - you can't have any proteins until phase 4 - my body would wilt with all the weight training I do - I'm sure glad you are having success on it though - wow - I can't believe you typed all that out - you really didn't have to go all that far....oh my!! my hand hurts just knowing how much you typed!!! It definitely looks interesting - I wonder what the actual concept is based on?? I live like 30 minutes from Durham and Duke university - very interesting.l..thanks - I will definitely copy and keep it for future reference -
Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #124  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by StargazerJMK
Heather no problem. I try to mix things up, but sometimes find myself getting into "habits" of eating the same things. I really have to watch that.
Hey, Joan - is that purple plan w/o lites ??

2P,1Fa,3F,4V,2S,1Dairy?? I hope I counted right?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #125  
PurpleSunshine

Come on where is everybody -
you guys are too quiet today -
hey wake up - come out of lurking - do something - talk to me----

heheheheheh
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #126  

Height: 5' 4"

Oh my, there is no way I could do that rice diet!

I like to eat too much! Not to mention, I would be dead before I got to phase 2 Sounds more like anorexia to me than a diet.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #127  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Okay fine-I will!

Had a great 4th! Did the half-marathon on beautiful Sauvie Island in the morning. Thanks to my carpool buddies who were paranoid about parking-I had to get up at 4:30am and we were there 90 minutes before the start time. Ugh! I finished in 3 hours and 53 min-which put me at a pace of under 18 minutes a mile-which I am ecstatic about . . . . . I actually wasn't feeling all that well-I ate a banana beforehand and it sat like a brick in my stomach the whole way. My tummy had been bothering me all morning and a little the nite before. It wasn't horrible-just a bit uncomfortable.

Then I went home, showered, ate, and changed. Tried to nap but it didn't work. Went to a friend's house who has a fantastic view of the Vancouver fireworks plus the Portland skyline-it was like a 3 hour fireworks show. It was hard to know where to look. It's amazing that joe shmoe can just go out and buy fireworks like that. Too cool! Ended up getting to bed around 1am. Slept like the dead til after 11. So tired yesterday. Even took a nap in the afternoon.

And now I'm at work. Thrilling . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #128  
Princess Heather

OK...i wish i could spend more time posting..but i seem to run after these kids more than anything! LOL (not complaining...i'll take every second of it!). I will say it's starting to scare me a bit...I am really developing into a housewife and such......after 12 years of marriage my husband is probably going into shock.

So has anyone tried the LA lite drinks??? yesterday at my visit to SCOD they tried to convince me that they were sooooo good and I could use them to replace a lite....well i am drinking the strawberry kiwi...and i don't think it's so good. If Plastic surgery in a box tastes like this...then let me wait and have the real deal where I am asleep for it! LOL. Anyway if anyone has tried these and has found a way to make them better let me know!

Also for all you real moms out there....I have a 7 month old that is sucking all the formula he can manage and not eating baby food..and the formula isn't keeping his tummy full enough....he still is only sleeping about 5-6 hours a stretch...any ideas on how I should help him transition to baby food??? His doctors and all the people involved with him think he should be on baby food by now...any ideas would be appreciated!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #129  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Karen, I'm with you ... no way I could be successful on that diet. More power to you, Bre!

Juliemarie, congrats on the outstanding time! 18 min/mile is amazing for that long ... great job! The fireworks sound wonderful. We did a little here, but more like 40 mins.

HeatherCP, okay ... neither of my kids were picky eaters, but I found the easiest way to introduce them to foods was to mix rice cereal with applesauce or banana baby food and breast milk/formula and build up from there. One thing you might try is the make the baby food more or less thick. My DD loved it runny, DS only liked it thick. How many ounces of formula is DFS taking a day? And how far between feedings?
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #130  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya Julie Marie and welcome to the boards today - hahahahahaha !! Hey girl - congrats on such a wonderful marathon - wow - that is wonderful. I've done the banana thing before a workout and man oh man - that is the worst feeling to have something sitting there and you can feel it no matter what!!! 18 mins / mile - you go girl - geez, I tried running on the treadmill today and it just didn't work too good for me - I think TOM has just drained the majority of my energy. oh well - tomorrow is another day - I think I've contracted some kind of stomach virus too - today is just not my day - but you know what I've been totally POP today!! (thanks Katie )Sounds like you had a wonderful time watching the fireworks - we went and bought some from another state since anything over like 10 ft is illegal in NC - but we had a show going on - We threw a pool party and had a bunch of friends over - it was really really nice!!!!
Oh - thanks for coming to visit me today - I was lonely!!!

heather CP - Sorry your plastic surgery in a bottle drink isn't that tasty.....you know they will do anything to sell sell - especially something new!! Oh well -you will know next time! Have you tried cutting the nipple in the bottle just slightly and try adding some rice cereal - alot of times that will at least give them some more substance rather than just milk - that is the only idea I have for the little one!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

HeatherCP - I would start with the rice cereal also. About 2 tablespoons mixed w/formula. Start w/lots of formula and work your way to a thicker cereal. Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #132  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePrincess
OK...i wish i could spend more time posting..but i seem to run after these kids more than anything! LOL (not complaining...i'll take every second of it!). I will say it's starting to scare me a bit...I am really developing into a housewife and such......after 12 years of marriage my husband is probably going into shock.

So has anyone tried the LA lite drinks??? yesterday at my visit to SCOD they tried to convince me that they were sooooo good and I could use them to replace a lite....well i am drinking the strawberry kiwi...and i don't think it's so good. If Plastic surgery in a box tastes like this...then let me wait and have the real deal where I am asleep for it! LOL. Anyway if anyone has tried these and has found a way to make them better let me know!

Also for all you real moms out there....I have a 7 month old that is sucking all the formula he can manage and not eating baby food..and the formula isn't keeping his tummy full enough....he still is only sleeping about 5-6 hours a stretch...any ideas on how I should help him transition to baby food??? His doctors and all the people involved with him think he should be on baby food by now...any ideas would be appreciated!
I cant see why you couldnt add rice cereal, you mix it with formula and helps make baby feel fuller. thats the first step, then add in fruits and veggies...I think for 7m, its definitely time for "solids".
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #133  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I'm with Deets, I would start putting some rice cereal in the formula. I would also start offering him baby food a couple of times a day. Use a tiny spoon, give tiny bites, and expect that most of it is coming to come back out on his tounge. It may take some practice. When I am teaching an infant to eat off of a spoon I keep their pacifier handy. If they are not swallowing any of it, I will give them a spoonful, then pop the pacifier in their mouth so that as they suck, they swallow. Some baby's catch on to spoon feeding really fast, other really take some working with. Nutrition is, of course, the main reason for starting solids, but there is also some brain benefits too. Learning to eat off of a spoon builds synapses in his brain. Even better for brain development is learning to place hand to mouth to eat finger foods. Check out the Gerber finger foods. They have these cool freeze dried corn kernels that disolve on your tounge. My babies love them. And by the way, you as real a mom as they come, chickie.

Julie Marie- You are so so so my shero. I am so thrilled for you about the marathon.

Heather- Glad you liked the pita. It is my favorite lunch, too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #134  
PurpleSunshine

katie - Wow - our own child development guru too!!!

Yes, I loved the pita - My DH even came by here to pick up something and he took a bite - his eyes lit up - he really enjoyed it as well!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Ok i just had the pizza you posted katie and it was delish, i can't wait to have it again! I think thats going to become a regular part of my week since i LOVE pizza. What is the other pita recipe? I must have missed it.

HeatherCP i agree start with regular rice cereal in the milk, maybe 1tbls and then go from there. My son hated cereal in a bowl with formula, wouldnt eat it at all, i had to go straight to veggies & fruits. I started giving him solids when he was 5mo old though. Do you make your own baby foods or buy? My boy wont eat the store bought but thats maybe because he's used to the home made. There is a great site that tells you how to make baby foods if you like i can post it. Goodluck, he will come around.

Sorry havent tried the drinks so no help there.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote