Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #226  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkyn
Cherry- Splenda is great isn't it? Every once in a while I get a craving for turkey meatloaf, one of my favorite foods. I can make it almost perfectly on plan, but I love the ketchup glace on top of meatloaf. So I've managed to make something pretty close using Splenda's new Brownsugar and just a little bit of ketchup and some lemon juice. Thank god for splenda or else my craving would never be fulfilled.
Ketchup on top of meeatloaf is a must!! But totally, I drink a lot of coffee and I think over the last few years I have cut about a million calories out of diet using splenda. I am thinking about trying to make a sub pineapple upside down cake with some of the new brown sugar splenda you mentioned. Love love love brown sugar!! I'll let you all know if I succeed!!
cherrycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #227  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

The Splenda brown sugar is GREAT on sauteed apples--makes a great sauce and feels/tastes like a real cheat treat! I sautee my apple in butter Pam or some I Can't Believe it's Not Butter, then add S. brown sugar and cinnamon and let process down, then top with SF cool whip. YUM

TO--you can sub the Knudsen'sMorning Blend for the LAWL juice. I like the unlimited so you get all the raw green veggies and protein you want. I stick to light proteins--chicken, turkey, seafood. I've never been that successful so I've only done it once since starting in December--that was more to get rid of cravings and gain back my willpower. You can also use fruits instead of the juice but someone else will have to fill you in on that one.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #228  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I like the Knudsen's Morning Blend, that's what I did when I started my plan. I also like the unlimited. I'm just out of ideas for what to make. I was very successful the first time I did this, but I'm not sure if I'll continue the success the second time. We'll see. The holiday at the same time as TOM sort of threw me off my game and I feel more bloated than usual. I figured the TO will at least get me back in control. I've also had a weird craving for sweets, like cookies and things. I didn't crave those things even before I dieted. I'm not really a snack craver. I'm a total condiment and sauce craver.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #229  
on LAWL

I am "owning" my weight gain--no more ticker denial! Hope it doesn't last too long. POP day 2 so far--I was POP the week my sister visited then POOP this entire past week--back on track--you with me Lisa??

Sommer--TO definitely helps with the cravings--I've never lost a lot of weight with it but others certainly have. We had eggs, chicken, tuna, and shrimp this last go around. I could eat shrimp all day and even though it's high in fat it's so much better than other choices I could make!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #230  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Ok Lea ann- I just changed my ticker again- we are at the exact same place!
I was perfectly POP yesterday and I am down 2.5 pounds in one day. It is funny when I loose I am more able to stay POP, when I have not or gained I have such a hard time being good.

ISS sounds scary to me- I would not be good at that- I know I would be laughing at their remarks and then I would loose their respect and they would not listen to me.

Sommer- Have you posted your meatloaf recipie yet? My family loves meatloaf. I always have a hard time looking for old posts on the recipie thread.

I love the splenda brown sugar too- I use it on oatmeal with 1/2 a bannana and lots of cinnamon- it tastes like such a cheat.

Well off to a baseball game- it is our last week YEAH!
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #231  
on LAWL

Lisa--WTG on the 2.5 lbs!! Maybe we can both get into the 150's SOON!--I really do feel better when I am good. Not that the good food at mom's didn't taste great but between the guilt and the belly ache I don't think it was worth it. My stomach has done weird things the past 2 days trying to get back in proper order! Enjoy your last week of baseball--I know by the end everyone is so ready for it to be over! ISS will be interesting because I am not used to being the "tough guy" but it will be necessary--still, they are just babies to me at that age--after senior pranks this shouldn't be too tough--maybe just comical after what I am accustomed to.

I REALLY missed having cereal for breakfast so got some Kashi and the Fiber One to mix in--I am hoping it gets me in better digestive shape--KWIM?

HeatherPP (and anyone else interested)--I finally got brave and tried the 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy milk--I don't even like milk--but this was really good. I was prepared to toss it if needed (at $2.56 I'm sure I've wasted more) anyway it was so much better than I anticipated. I like that it's a little sweet so I didn't have to add anything to my cereal and I think it will be great as my morning coffee creamer and evening tea sweetener--we'll see.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #232  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I tried the 8th continent chocolate soy milk awhile back, after someone was talking about it. I thought it was OK, but a little sour after-taste - I think I pitched about half of it... I may have to give the vanilla a shot.

What do all you nutritional know-it-alls think about subbing regular milk for soy milk as a protien? What's the difference between soy protien and milk protien? They are nearly identical, nutrition wise...

Lea Ann - congrats on the job - what a cake way to put in your time and get your foot in the door!

Sherry - how's the moving coming? Getting those boxes unpacked? YUCK! I have boxes from 2.5 years ago that I haven't opened yet. Must really need that stuff, huh! A long time ago, I found some boxes at my mom's house that had stickers on them from 3 different movers (Dad worked the oilfields) and had never been opened. I found an old Kodak 110 camera in one box, with film still in it. We found a place that still developed that kind of film and found some pictures from my 12th birthday party. Must have been really important to get those developed!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #233  
on LAWL

Lori--good to know about the chocolate--ick. The vanilla was good but I've only had it in cereal so far. I understand about the boxes--we've been here almost a year and still have some in the garage. How neat to have come across the photos though.

I will be unpacking for days!! Too many trips too close together so I am really playing catch up. Between the packing and all the school clothes and supplies that need to be put away my week isn't looking so relaxing. I only have 1 kid for another month so I really can't complain and the peace (ie-NO fighting) should really be nice.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

I will be joining everyone for TO on Monday & Tuesday. I made an appt. for Wed at the COD, so hopefully I can lose a couple lbs by then.

Lea Ann - I don't know how your district runs, but when my kids got sent to ISS, it was for little things. I used to argue with the ISS teacher because my older daughter NEEDS to be in class, and I think that she would talk back and get sent to the ISS room JUST to get out of class and have the individual one on one time with the teacher in there!
When do the kids go back to school?

Lori - I didn't get a whole lot of unpacking done yet. The stuff I have left I have to go through each and every box and weed out what's not necessary to keep. I hate to throw anything away!

Well, just wanted to pop in and say HI. Hope everyone has a great evening!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #235  
on LAWL

Sherry--I'm not sure how it's going to be run yet, either. I just know I will work closely with the assistant principal to get it going smoothly. I know my teaching experience was a bonus b/c now they know that the kids will still get the instruction they need to complete assignments sent to ISS--that was the part I always hated about students missing my class because of ISS--they missed the lesson and some things you just can't "reteach" individually when they return. Our kids start back August 16th--mine are already excited--I guess the school shopping got them going. I am looking forward to being around people again! But most excited about the half day of PE--I just hope it motivates me some to MOVE--geez--I'll already be dressed for it!!

Good luck with TO and your WI--I need to go in soon but with the gain from this past week I don't want to face them. I'll probably go Weds., too--tomorrow is committed to errands and Tuesday for some MAJOR housecleaning and painting the girls bathroom--(the texture guy just finished up today)--the dust bunnies have taken over--have I mentioned the non stop wind of the Texas panhandle??
Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #236  
Princess Heather

Well it's been a busy weekend around here! My mom is in town visiting and we seem to have been going non stop! I was off plan on Sat and Sun....so back on the wagon again tomorrow. I am actually doing take off with either watermelon, cantaloupe or oranges tomorrow and tuesday. I am planning on going to a new center this week to check it out, and I want to show a loss...besides I want to get into those 260's and beat this thing I keep doing. It seems I get around 269 and then go off plan and back up. I am sure it's all in my head about the numbers etc....so the plan this week is to beat this mental thing and get down into the 260's.

just a quick update...the baby food curse seems to be broken. DFS#2 can't seem to get enough of it. But I have learned that he is doing better eating the stage 2 food instead of the stage 1. So stage 2 it is....and we are making our way to the land of solid food! WHOOOOO HOOOO! It may seem silly to be proud of such a thing...but I am thrilled!

I will try and check back tomorrow...anyone else doing take off??? Later chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

HeatherCP thats great that your son loves the food. Being excited about him eating solids is nothing. I get excited when my kids poop. LOL. When my 1st son was little and i worked i called home everyday to make sure he pooped and when he did i was so happy. I'm not weird!!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning everyone!

Lea Ann - I can't wait for the kids to start back to school!! Summer is toooooo long! I don't know exactly when these guys go back yet. I have calls in to the district to at least get them registered. But of course they are on skeleton staff for the summer, and I have to wait for call backs.

HeatherCP - I am attempting TO today. I'm doing it with watermelon this time. I know a few other ladies posted that they will be doing TO today & tomorrow, so we will not be alone in our misery ...

Hope everyone has a great POP day today!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #239  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, ladies! Busy weekend!

I have never tried the brown sugar splenda ... I'll have to do that! I don't add sweetener really to anything (don't drink coffee, like my tea unsweet, and I don't bake), but I could definitely add it to my plain oatmeal every morning!

Cherry, I tried the Smuckers Splenda Raspberry. It is okay, not my favorite. But I am making my way through the jar just fine. I'll have to go for the strawberry next time!

As for me, had a good weekend. Friday at our Mexican eat-in, I was not great. My first splurge I would say. I saved up my portions -- just had a nectarine for breakfast. For lunch, I had:
* ground chicken taco salad (I made it, so it was OP) (counted as 1/2 P, 2 V)
* 5-6 tortilla chips (with "lite" cheese dip) (counted as 1 S, 1 D)
* 1/2 chicken enchilada (6" tortillas) (counted as 1 S, 1/2 P, 1/2 Fa)
* 1/2 beef enchilada (6" tortillas) (counted as 1 S, 1/2 P, 1/2 Fa)
* 1 bite "tomale pie" (didn't count)

So ... for lunch ... 3 S, 1-1/2 P, 2 V, 1 D, 1 Fa (and that was being generous with myself!)

Needless to say, I was STUFFED for the rest of the day. I had to force myself to eat dinner (1 P, 2 V, 1 F), and skipped the other fruit. I walked 2 miles in the evening.

The good news was that the scale only showed +.4 the next morning (assuming from the sodium).

But can I tell you, it was DIVINE!!!!!!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #240  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies!!!

Before I have time to do personals(but I will) - I need to ask a very important question. I decided to try the red plan w/o lites last week - due to my very dear friend and chickie's advice....Katie!!! Well I know it was TOM and I was having some pretty heavy water weight , but I have lost 6 lbs since Thursday - What should I do - just keep doing POP on red w/o lites or should I still try to do TO today?? I haven't eaten anything yet - b/c I wanted you guys advice first -

Please help - any advice on what I should do?? !!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote