Old 07-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #16  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 4"

Happy 4th of July All!

Honeymoon Pics

Check out the honeymoon pics! I'll have the ceremony and reception ready for you all soon. I haven't gotten all of the reception pictures from the photographer yet.

MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #18  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkyn
Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!

I totally agree with this so so important to remember life's events don't disappear just cause we are changing our "lifestyle" - the only reason I beat myself up for Saturday is because - I didn't just have a cheat and be okay - for some reason I kept going back to that cake over and over again - and although I probably stayed within my calorie limit for that day (b/c I didn't eat dinner).....my body just felt miserable - it knew what I did and was giving me major feedback that it didn't like it!!! I totally agree though that you have to live life - if you decide to have it - have it in moderation (which I didn't do on saturday with the cake) - have a piece and move on - do some extra crunches - walk/run for 30 minutes - get some exercise in - as soon as I did eat some more of that cake - I immediately got in the pool and started running and doing jumping jacks to try to get my metabolism going a little to help work it through the system instead of stopping at my hips !!!

Tomorrow will be easier for me b/c I'm cooking - I've already bought my "light" meat - and my DH is cooking - so I can ask for anything special that I want - I will concentrate on drinking only my light version of fuzzy navels and swimming swimming swimming - and of course, chasing around my 2 year old!!!

I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful 4th and be safe and happy !!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #19  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, and welcome to July, ladies!

Juliemarie, CONGRATULATIONS on the 18s and 14/16s!!!!! I can TOTALLY relate to the sleeveless thing. I haven't worn sleeveless in about as long as you have. Always so self-conscious -- even when I really didn't need to be. You are such an inspiration to me!! And if your friend shares those pics, be sure to let us see!! I'm sure you look amazing!

Sommer, I understand the challenge of holidays. So far, I have done pretty well. I skipped cake and ice cream on my DD's birthday, and had 1/2 cup of CalSmart yogurt instead. I pass up the cake and treats each week at work. If we cater breakfast, I eat the fruit, not the pastries. I am looking at it differently. I don't feel like I'm denying myself, I feel like I'm making a better choice. I'm fortunate, in that my workgroup knows I am dieting, and I am not the only one. So they typically don't pressure me, and actually congratulate me on my will power. And often my admin will buy sugarfree candy or something similar so that I have options. I know it's tough, and I know that a time will come when I splurge on a piece or cake or cookie or something. But for each day that passes that I don't splurge, I tell myself I am getting that much closer to goal.

HeatherPP, back on the wagon today! Don't worry about your POOP weekend, you will have a fabulous week!

Debbie, having DH on plan will be so helpful! My DH isn't OP. In fact, he eats really poorly most of the time. The good thing, though, is that I don't make his meals. If he eats what I eat, he gets dinner cooked. If he doesn't, he has to do it himself. When I get to my last 30 lbs, he wants to join plan with me. We'll see. He really doesn't need to lose more than 20 lbs (if that), but I will certainly enjoy the weight loss company, and be faced with much less temptation without his snacks and bad foods in the house.

Tricia, I remember when I first started plan. I was STARVING for the first few days. But I know why. Until you really learn how to break your portions up, at least for me, I was so afraid of being starving all evening and having nothing left for dinner that I ate hardly anything all day! So, after a few days and figuring out how to break my portions up, it got MUCH easier. I'm sure your mom will do great -- at least she now has an appreciation for how hard you have been working! You will DEFINITELY see those 10 lbs by the end of July if you keep up the great work!

Christine, good luck at WI on Wednesday! I'm sure you will do great between now and then, once your company is gone.

Evette, congrats again on the 4 lbs! Try to stay cool!

Kristi, how's it going?

As for me, we've been busy this weekend. My scale is always a couple of pounds lower than COD scale, but I saw 239.4 yesterday morning, so I can't WAIT to WI this week!

Have POP days, ladies!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #20  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #21  
Let's try this again . .

Erin sweetie-You've got it backwards . . . You're the inspiration to me! You're weight loss since January is unbelievable! You're a rockstar!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Sommer i understand, i'm proportioned also so i also carry my weight well and i had that too where it was getting harder to do things and my kids are so young and active and i have to be able to keep up with them. Before i couldnt run because i would get out of breath and now i am able to run after my 2 1/2 year old a little better. It helps because he takes off. The 9mo old is getting there also so i had to do something and i had to start eating healthier. I lost weight when i was pregnant with both because i was eating better and i needed to continue that.

Erin my hubby probably only needs to lose about 15lbs and he eats very poorly also. I always told my DH that i wont lose weight until I was ready and in 8 years he never pushed me even though he was alot smaller than i was. So i believe you cant make someone do it until they are ready and as soon as he mentioned eating healthier i jumped on it and went out and bought lots of veggies & fruits. I cant really not cook for him because he does not know how to cook and he will starve or eat fast food everyday and i dont want that. He loves sweets and cookies & pastries and all the bad things and our house is filled with this stuff so it takes alot of will power for me to stay away from these things. I am also a bad infulence in that i just started cake deco and he gets stuck eating my cakes because i dont. I recently stopped making for home though, if i make any i send it off with him to work and he has 1 piece there so its out of the house and out of my sight. So yesterday was our 1st day where he ate "diet" food and it went pretty good. He needed some more salt but that was it.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #23  
Let's try this again . .

Heather- I totally have this crazy image of you eating a bite of cake and then jumping in the pool and running around like a madwoman! Too funny! I'm sure the slipup won't hurt your weightloss with all the exercise you've been doing-but feeling crummy because of it is no fun. Before I started this diet it didn't understand when people talked about empty calories. I mean-I didl, but I didn't, you know? Good food makes you feel good and sugar and fat and processed crap makes you feel like crap. It's nice to really get those connections-even though sometimes I still want the crap regardless of the effects.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #24  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Juliemarie- I agree..those "special occasions" can't be all the time. We have to make better choices. Eat a little before we go to parties. Plan ahead to bring chicken to throw on the grill at a BBQ instead of eating hotdogs and hamburgers. I wanted to put forth a more positive attitude about when we do cheat on special occasions, even if we cheat very moderately. We'll be okay...but we should be prepared to take responsability for it.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone sounds like they are having a wonderful time! I'm debating whether to go meet my BF in his hometown tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking it's the difference between sleeping in my own bed or on someone's couch. Hmm!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #25  
Britt/LAWL~Red

hey chicks...long time no see! I have been away for far to long. Its been a long few months. On my end I have gained. Pure and simple veggies and fruits have not played a big part of my eating over the past weeks/months and neither has water. So i have been totally off plan. Trying to get back on as of today. Havent been to the center in a while either but im going today even thought i now weight my highest ever on the scale this morning at 271.2 (drinking a LA Slimdown right now so that means ill weight more when i go to WI lol) So im about 5 lbs more than when i started the program. Last week was a wake up call for me i was in such a bad mood all week and i didnt feel good. I dont mean sick either. I mean i just felt liike a big blob. Probably because i am lol. It was also PMS as TOM has arrived.

I was thinking about doing the what was it 12 week challenge? I want to lose before i start back to school at the end of august as I will be busy this semester and dont need any extra weight on me thats for sure. So if anyone wants to join me in:
A) getting back on the program and back on track!
B) end the summer right!
lets do it!!!

Glad to see that most of you are doing so well. As you can imagine i am really far behind on reading up on everyone so I just jumped back in with July. Talk to you soon...
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #26  
Let's try this again . .

Sommer- I understand what you mean-if we go off-plan and get all negative about it-it turns into a snowball effect that's hard to get out of. You've got a great attitude about things!

Being a single gal around here-i vote for seeing the BF . . . .gotta live vicariously ya know!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #27  
Princess Heather

Happy July!

Welcome back Brittyboo! Glad to see you again!

Today is the a new beginning for me! I got up and drank my slim fast...and planning on stay POP today. I've decided to take it a meal at a time. I was planning lunch today for the kids and myself and realize I cannot avoid it any longer I must go to the grocery store tonight....yuck!

So let's head into this July and really make it work for us...ONE MEAL AT A TIME!

By the way...I am calling about belly dancing lessons today. It's taken me a bit to get up the courage to call...but my DH seems to think it would be a good idea for me to get out of the house without kids for a few hours a week...so I am calling.

Here's to a POP day chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Good morning chickies!

Well my birthday was un-freakin-believable!! it was so much fun! And guess what? I had 3 drinks all night! I was pretty much sober while all my friends were drunk! haha! It was fantastic! We couldnt have asked for a better bus driver either, he put up w/ all of us crazy drunk 20-somethings. Never said a word, just smiled and laughed.

Well, add me to the 'totally off plan this weekend' club. I mean, aside from the 3 drinks, I didnt get all my food in, then I had some strawberry shortcake for my birthday (small amount, besides it was my bday! still, the guilt was overwhelming), a couple bites of chinese food (better then a plate right?), and some mac salad when I already had my staches! But then what to my wondering eyes should appear?? TOM. U know what girls? I really dont like TOM at all. I wish TOM would get lost. haha I mean, I am ok w/ TOM so long as I get to have kids someday, btu after I have kids, I want TOM to get out of my life. haha!

U know I call the evil crimson wave TOM now to my boyfriend? He was confused...like, "Toms here? Who the **** is Tom?" hahaha I love it! When I told him what it meant, he laughed.

So today is a new day and good time to start anew! GOOD LUCK TODAY LADIES!!!
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!
There's the girl I know and love!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #30  

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens if you hit goal but still want to lose weight? Will lawl have you pay for additional weeks? I have 140 as my goal 'cause I recently saw a pic of the last time I lost a lot of weight and would be happy to be at that weight. (but also knew it would be cheaper) And how many weeks of maintenance did you pay for? My COD was a year of maintenance.
I'm also up on the scale but don't think my mis-haps account for most of the gain....not enough water especially since I had heavier starch's.

Pink- any pics of your tattoo...I got my first one last year for my b-day and have made any others as a goal. Being raised in a conservative home I shocked a few family members (don't know why since my dad has sleeves) and it's really not a big deal, flower on the top of my foot.....lol...always loved tat's and I think the biggest shocker was that I waited till I was 34 & 4 kids later.
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote