Old 07-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #256  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Evette:
I'm so sorry!
You know what has always worked for me? Hot chocolate and Tylenol. Maybe have the coffee shop make you a SF hot chocolate? My mom once told me that the heat of the hot chocolate helps. Hope you feel better!
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #257  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I didn't get to start TO this morning. I was too stressed out and needed breakfast. I have two tests today, Astronomy and Women's Studies. Because I work on saturdays and sundays and my job is very slow then and I get to do homework, that's when I usually spend 16 hours studying. However my college website (where our professors post homework, notes, study guides, etc) went down all day saturday and all day sunday and I was unable to get the study guides for my tests. I had only read the chapters and studied them, but I needed the study guides for more specific studying. THey didn't go up till this morning so I was up at 6am cramming.

Anyway, I took my Astronomy test at 9am and I did very well I think. My women's studies test is at 5pm and I am not comfortable yet to say how I'll do. Good luck to everyone who started TO this morning though!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #258  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I have two questions: My gorcery store just finally started selling Laughing Cow Cheese. I picked some up yesterday and wow! It's so yummy! I could sit and eat it for a snack. It's so good. My first question is how do you guys count the wedges and what sorts of things do you eat it with, on, etc?

Second question:
I've been meaning to ask this one for a while. During our poor college days, my BF and I ate a lot of pasta and little meat, so we switched to a protein based pasta. We love it, and I'm not sure how to count it because it is not really a starch. I'd say count it as a protein, but I have no idea how much. Here's the stats on it and has anyone else tried it?

The brand is Barilla and it's called PLUS and comes in a yellow box. It's made from some Multigrains, lots of Legumes and some Ground Flaxseed. Serving size is 2 oz, calories 200 calories form fat 10
Total Fat: 1 g
Sat and Tran fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium 25 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 10g

Oh and I forgot to mention, the scale dropped me down again! I've lost a total of 13.1lb since the first week of June (4th I think) and 2 of those lbs I gained back over the holiday then lost again, so technically I've lost 15.1, but only technically.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #259  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sherry--stay on them--call the district office and see if you can get some help--the better prepared BEFORE schools starts the better for your daughter. Good Luck. At least you should be able to pick up the paperwork so you have it all ready when needed and don't have to fill it out at school , with your kids, and a million other people around.

Heather--thanks for the counts--interesting because when I thought I was too low and upped myself to about 1350 I started losing again--maybe a coincidence but hmmm...... Oh-yeah--whats the difference between red and purple??

Lisa--I was at 161.2 this AM but am afraid to move my ticker--maybe tomorrow. I will go in for official WI on Weds--need a little longer before I can face it! We WILL remain POP and get past this hurdle--we CAN do this.

Poor Winkie---I'd send you my heating pad if I could.

Soomer--good luck on your tests!

Hi to everyone else hanging out today! Finally got in from my errands and I REALLY need to get started on this filthy house--I guess I thought the house fairies would get it clean while I was away--no such luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sommer - 1 wedge of light laughing cow is 1/2 dairy.

As for the pasta, I think you would still count it as a starch, but it would be a whole wheat pasta, meaning you get 1/2 c. for a starch instead of 1/3 cup.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #261  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sommer--no clue on your questions but WTG on the loss!! That's great!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #262  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you psycgirl!! That actually sounds really good right now, I was thinking about having some tea, but now I'm tempted to have some hot chocolate. Would I count that as a condiment?

Sommer: The laughing cow cheese is very yummy. I'm addicted to those right now. On the gold plan, I'm allowed 2oz and that counts as my dairy for the day. I'm not sure how many wedges that is, but I just have one. I usually eat it alone or on a slice of sara lee delightful wheat bread. you can have it with 6 reduced-fat wheat thins or 5 reduced-fat ritz crackers. It's entirely up to you.

I don't have an answer to your pasta question.

Congratulations on the scale drop.

Lea Ann: I love the new Glitter name!! Thanks for offering the heating pad, but I'll probably do the heating pad tonight, or have the DH rub my back, who knows!! I'm just a big whiner right now!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #263  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sommer- the pasta is still very high in carbs-so I agree that it should be counted as a starch. But like Cassi suggested-increase the serving size.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #264  

Hi girls! I am back--
I don't know what happened to me, but I went off the diet completely, not going to the COD and just NOT DOING IT.
So, i am planning to go back to the COD tomorrow with my tail between my legs and see what damage has been done. and I guess start over. I think I have gained 6/7 pounds.
Here is my question for you chickies--
I found the drink you guys say can replace the TAKE OFF drink at a Health store here in town. If I buy it, do I dilute it just like the TAKE OFF drink? and just use it the same? (4 glasses for two days?)
I am serious about starting up again!!! I will need support!!

Newbies since June---WELCOME!

STACY
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi, Stacy! I am currently doing TO today and tomorrow. I have used LAWL TO juice up until now. Here's what I am doing today, and I think it tastes just like theirs:

25 oz. Knudsen's breakfast blend mixed with 7 oz. water (32 oz. total) and 8 teaspoons (4 servings) of Benefiber added. This gives me the exact calories and fiber of the TO juice, but a fraction of the cost, and I'm not sacrificing the calories or fiber.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #266  

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

It is the Morning Blend juice right?
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #267  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Lisa congrats on the 2.5 lb loss. I think we all can relate to being good when we loose.

Sherry stay POP and I’m sure you’ll be seeing a loss for your Wed appt. Good luck and let us know how you do.

HeatherC glad to hear your DFS is doing well to the stage 2 foods.

Erin I used brown sugar Splenda once to make cookies, but didn’t realize you use less then you do with normal BS. I’m with you and just love Mexican food it’s hard to stay POP. Glad to hear you only had a mini gain.

Heather I’m so happy to read you had such a GREAT loss. What a wonders switching up plans will do. I agree don’t think you need to do TO at this time. I’m sure you’ll do great the rest of the week. Have fun at the beach.

Evette hope you TOM goes away soon and you start feeling better. I’m sure that gain will be gone soon.

Skipper good luck with TO hope it helps get rid of those nasty cravings & you’re able to see a great result from it.

Psycgirl I never complimented you children they are really cute. I love it when they’re little and love to smile. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sommer sorry to hear you’re stressed. I hope you do well on your test you have left and glad you did well on your first one.

Le Ann when you’re done cleaning yours you can come clean mine I like your new glitter name also, I might copy you guys.

Stacy glad you’re back. Most of us have gotten off plan and had to work at getting back on track again. Good luck with getting back on track I’m sure you’ll have those extra lbs down in no time.

I made it through the weekend and thought I did pretty well. We went to Olive Garden last night and I had chicken on skewers with broccoli a salad one bread stick and a small piece of cake for my DMIL birthday. My scale was down to 184 this morning and I plan to WI tonight at the center and then will change my tickler. I got my hair cut just above my shoulders and will try and have a pic taken later to post. Back to work I go have a POP day. Good luck to everyone else doing TO.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 236.6/226/170

Hi guys! What a week. Dh crashed our computer last Tuesday or Wednesday. I had to leave for my parent's house on Friday, and I haven't been able to get on here since then. On Friday, I weighed in before I left, and it wasn't pretty. I was bloated (still am) from TOM and awful constipation. I'm trying so hard to stick to the plan right now. I'm doing fairly well, but I just feel so crappy. I won't get to weigh in until Wednesday when I go back home. Hopefully, dh has our computer up and running back then.

Angie
elbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #269  
Losing the Weight!

Hey all. Well, I was Up Friday (162.4), I'm now back down...160.2 officially WOOOHOOO!

Congrats to those who lost.

Last edited by StargazerJMK; 07-10-2006 at 04:15 PM.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #270  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbasso
Hi guys! What a week. Dh crashed our computer last Tuesday or Wednesday. I had to leave for my parent's house on Friday, and I haven't been able to get on here since then. On Friday, I weighed in before I left, and it wasn't pretty. I was bloated (still am) from TOM and awful constipation. I'm trying so hard to stick to the plan right now. I'm doing fairly well, but I just feel so crappy. I won't get to weigh in until Wednesday when I go back home. Hopefully, dh has our computer up and running back then.

Angie

Angie, hang in there. I know how you feel. I've had so many ups and downs on this plan... but I'm sticking with it and I only have 25 pounds to go!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote