Old 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #1381  

I'm 37, 38 this summer...So Boo's you're not alone...I heard somewhere that the 30's are the new 20's anyway.. Thanks to the 40-something Desperate Housewives and Sex in the City women, late 30's chicks are HOT!

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #1382  

Katie, your hair looks great!!

I work in a kindergarten classroom and today one of the kids came in with a LA lite bar for snack!! He was so excited to show me we had the same snack. Funny thing was.....his said "nu-lite" on it and it was fruit and oat like mine but it was more yellow in color than white? Are those new bars or old bars or what the heck? It's not like I could ask him, why was a 6 year old doing with it to begin with??????
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #1383  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Boo'smom, Ange and Katie:
OMG....THIS IS EMBARASSING, But yes is me MILCA!! Tomorrow I am gonna change to an avatar again.

Last edited by rad7775; 03-27-2006 at 08:01 PM.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #1384  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Milca your pretty why would you want to change your avatar back. Be brave leave it it's nice to see what everbody looks like.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #1385  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Im 36 soon to be 37 in May...I dont feel like thats old at all
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #1386  
slowlyshrinking

I've got you all beat - I can't pluck the gray hairs anymore or I'd be bald! I'm 51 - and I'd have to call my hair "salt and pepper". And if you think being 40 is hot, wait till you get in your 50's - it's hot.... flashes!

Katie, I love your hair!

Mary - Good luck with your endeavor, whatever you decide.

Milca - leave the picture, it's really cute!

I went to my COD today and got the manager, who I really like. Anyway, we talked about me having gall bladder surgery, and she said I have to take a month off after surgery because it takes that long for the anaesthesia to get out of your system. I'm not sure I believe that, but if I stay on the program, it should save me some money!! So, for the next 5 or 6 weeks, it's just us chickies!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #1387  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

slowlyshrinking- I am a RN who works in the recovery room ( where you go after surgery). Anesthestic does not stay in your body that long. You just have to make sure you get enough protein to help your body heal after the surgery. If you have the laparscopic surgery the recovery can be fairly quick.
I am with you all about the gray hairs- I am 42 and about 40% grey. I tell my kids & husband they all from them.
Barb
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #1388  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Milca- You are darling! Don't you dare change that avatar, I LOVE getting to see what you guys all look like.

Slowly- Good luck with your gallbladder, and keep us posted.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words about my hair. You guys always know how to lift me up.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:35 PM   #1389  

Wow! I can't keep up with all the chatting around here.
Katie, I love the new haircut, it looks so good on you.
Mary, I'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything! I just had a Christmas Eve baby, which was not ideal. I really didn't want a Christmas baby, but now that he's here I wouldn't trade him for the world. I think we'll have cake and ice cream on his birthdate but have a party in late January after everyone recovers from the holidays!
Yoga gurl (I'm sorry I can't remember your name right now!) - Congrats on the loss! That ticker is moving, girl! Isn't it exciting? Are you planning to go somewhere special when you get to your mini goal? That is such a great reward!

I'm currently coming down with a sore throat which is getting worse by the hour. It is sooooooo hard to drink water with a sore throat. UGH.
I went in to my COD today (can anyone tell me what exactly that stands for?). I made it to my first goal - 10 pounds! I am excited!
savannahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #1390  
Katie

COD= Center Of Doom!

And great job meeting your goal, how exciting!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #1391  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Heather, have you ever done spaghetti squash instead? DH says it is better than pasta. I made my personal best spaghetti yesterday using that as noodles. I took my ground turkey and browned it with 4 HUGE cloves of garlic, chopped fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and sage. I was trying to make it taste like Italian sausage instead. Anyway, I just poured my sauce over and I actually loved it. I am not usually that info food I cook, esp. turkey or chicken.
I made this for dinner tonight, YUMMY! Spaghetti squash, seasoned ground turkey, and light tomato sauce. Very good. I love spaghetti squash but my DH can't stand it, luckly (or unluckly, rather) for me he is out to sea and I can have spaghetti squash whenever I want
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #1392  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Milca--you're a doll--LEAVE IT!!!

Just joking about the age--I only feel old when I am in the classroom with a bunch of 16 year olds and they inform me I could be their MOTHER!! AACK. I feel better at 35 than I did at 25--amazing what even 20 pounds will do to you.

Katie--bummer about the tape--it's not just the cost but the principle

KickerBarb--we are lucky to have your knowledge here--can you come to Texas and get my DD well? Satyed home sick today and tomorrow isn't looking so great either--ugh.

Rebecca--I'm with you--getting that icky feeling--sure my DD shared too much today! Get well.

Nikkijo--MY kinder daughter better not show up with a lite--those are MY treat!!

Mary--my mom always said if we waited for a "good" time we'd wait forever! Hope it works out the way you want.

SS--good luck with the gall bladder
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #1393  
milkyway

Thanks girls for your nice compliments. I'm gonna leave the pic.
Mary:
My son and my daughter both were born on November, DD the 8 and the DS the 29. DS is 3 years older than DD. One day I was reading the horoscope (not too much a believer of that stuff) and find out this, my DH is a virgo, I'm a libra, my DD is scorpio and my DS is sagitario, we are all aligned in sequence one right next to the other isn't that weird...
Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #1394  
Katie

So, I emailed the guy about the tape, and he immediatley refunded my money into my paypal account. What a great seller. I am going to leave him positive feedback for sure.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #1395  
milkyway

Katie:
I would love to learn belly dancing too, specially that dance were they use like a big candle in the head. Have you see it? It's awesome.I think that belly dancing is very sexy! I want to learn so I can dance to my DH!