Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #1291  

S/C/G: 282.0/206.2/150.0

Hi gals! I haven't posted in a while, I have been lurking though. This caught my eye and I had to throw in my $.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica1674
Does anyone know about gall bladder stones? My gall bladder is half full of stones and its been bothering me for the last 3 months. I am going to have them look at that too. I was wonder if I have to have my gall bladder removed? does anyone know about this?
I haven't read too many of the responses but I can give you my experience. I was having a horrible time about 2 years ago now. We thought it was milk intolerance because it always seemed to happen right after I had eaten at my parents' house and I would drink milk there more than anywhere else. I would be in great pain and get really sick to my stomach (to the point of randomly getting sick out in public, no fun!).

The last time it happened I was in so much pain and puking for several hours and the clinic at school was closed for MLK day so I ended up in the emergency room. The found a gallstone and said that basically it was moving and blocking the duct which was making me get sick because I'd be fine right after it moved back out of the way.

I was told the only way to remedy this was to have my gallbladder removed. Katie is correct, they do it laproscopically now (as long as there is nothing that could cause a major problem in doing it that way). I have a 1 inch scar right below my ribcage in the middle, a 1 inch scar at the bottom of my belly button and 2 little .5 inch scars on the side of my stomach. I was back in class in 2 days and driving within a week. When my mom had hers out years ago it was like 6 weeks recovery.

The recovery process is interesting, you may not be able to tolerate certain foods as well as you did before. It is pretty bad for about a year but it does get better. The reason for this is your gallbladder regulates the bile to your stomach and it is no longer there so the stomach has to learn to digest certain foods differently. The triggers for me were lettuce, spicy foods, and fatty foods. Some people have different ones, it just varies person to person, you may have no trouble at all.

I really hope this helps and hope you get to feeling better because I remember the pain and would not want to go back there!
mentul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #1292  

Hey Tina! I had to say congrats on the 30 pound loss! Woohoo! Christopher and Banks is also my favorite store! I can't wait to be able to buy a size 6 from there also. My goodness, that must have been a thrill!

Katie - I can't wait to see pics of your new 'do. Sounds so pretty! I recently got highlights for the first time ever and I feel 10 years younger!

Angelica - I know nothing about gallstones, but I hope that you are able to get everything taken care of and that you feel better soon.
savannahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #1293  

Oh and I just have to add to pink flamingo - you can do it! You are nearly halfway to your goal. That is absolutely wonderful!!!! I know how hard it is to beat those cravings, but I think you're doing great.
savannahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #1294  
Missing Ohio

Good Sunday Morning Chickies,

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. the funeral was Friday and most people have gone back home. I'm trying to get some rest to help take my brothers house apart. I have a bad cold and sore joints but must prevail. Also, I have lost 10 lbs. since my brother went into the hospital. Let's see if I can start from there and continue to go down.

I see that you Chickies have been very busy because i left off at page 62 and the thread has more than doubled. I will start fresh at this point because that's too much to read.

Will catch you all later.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #1295  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Good morning:

Bre:
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. My condolences to you and all your family.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #1296  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

good morning chickies!!

Thanks to everyone for their advice about the gall bladder. Now I am not so sure the pain I am having is coming from my gallbladder. My pain is under my rib cage on the right side.It doesnt just hurt after meals either.Hmmmmm, I have no clue. I do know my gall bladder has ALOT of stones but I am not sure thats whats hurting. I guess I will find out when I go to the doctor. I know I had a appendiicis last May.That was PAINFUL, I wound up in the ER and had to have emergency surgery then was in the hospital for 4 days!I have a 3 inch scar from that.I am thinking maybe I should have the gallbladder removed even if thats not whats bothering me.

Cant wait to see the new do Katie. I bet it looks great!
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #1297  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Sorry to hear about your brother Bre. My thoughts are will you.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #1298  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--can't wait

LAK--looks like we are in the same boat. (except goal--which I really should change to yours) and I have found the closer I get the harder it gets. I am no longer averaging 2 lbs per week and it's killing me. It's like every last one wants to stay!!

Tina--awesome--can't wait to be where you are--I love C and B too, we lovingly call it the teacher store since all there clothes are perfect for classroom--not hoochie like so many other stores!! LOL

Pink--come'on you can do it--it will pass--look at how far you've come!!

Bre--so sorry about your brother, I can't imagine but know our thoughts are with you.

Have a great one ladies!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #1299  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Bre- So sorry about your brother, chickie. I hope that you can get some rest, as stress and grief are exhausting. Kiss your puppy, and thank God that there is life after death. Hugs, Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #1300  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Bre - So sorry to hear about your brother.

-Susan
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #1301  
Katie

Mary- Men!

Pink- Sorry you are struggling. It happens to all of us once in a while. Review your goals, or make a new list, and remember that you started this eating lifestyle because you wanted to feel better and lose weight, and you are doing that!!! Dont' lose heart, we are all here to support you!

We played poker last night. It was fun. I ate and drank OP, so I was glad for that. Now just a little lemon water today to send all of the alcohol out of my system! Celestial Seasonings has a new tea out called Morning Detox that is supposed to purge your system of impurites. You are supposed to drink it every morning. I think I may order it, and see what I think. They also have a weight loss companion tea that I wondered about. One more day of the 4 day after TO plan! I have not had a condiment in 3 days. It has been hard, but I have discovered that I do not need them to enjoy my food. For example, lime juice is wonderful on salads, and a half a dairy's worth of cheese is awesome melted on a sandwich. I will be excited to get to start eating a few, but I am not going to go over 3 a day anymore.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #1302  
milkyway

I was debating to post this but I want to share this experience with you.Girls, I know that LAWL supplements are expensive but I have to say that the Reduce plus is awesome!! I have see a change in my muscle I feel them more toned. I thought that it could be from excersicing too, but is been almost a week that I don't excercise and I still feel them toned. I only excercise like 3 hrs a week so is not that I excercise that much. And also, this is kind of embarrasing, I have cellulite in my thigs and I have see a BIG change in the way the look now than the way they look before is not that is completely gone but at least look less, I know that combined with the water and excercise it also help to eliminates cellulite but the product have help too.

Last edited by rad7775; 03-26-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #1303  
Katie

Wow Milca, that is awesome. Cellulite is a killer isn't it? What do you pay for reduce plus?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #1304  
milkyway

Like 20.00, is not that bad! You can allways check on ebay. This is my second bottle so I guess that is enough time to notice a difference.

Last edited by rad7775; 03-26-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #1305  
milkyway

Sorry I paid 29.00 for the reduce plus I found a receipt!!