3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

Leah AU mom 02-13-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmysoldier
Hello
I am having a dilema, I am out of my pd weeks, I have lost 33 lbs however I did not lose enough to hit my goal thru COD. Do you think that you can do this program on your own, I have been doing it with the center since Sept. So I think that I have the program down. They told me that I could buy more weeks, but in order to lose enough to hit my goal I would have to lose 24 lbs in 4 weeks. Does anybody on here do it on their own? and do you think it works just the same?

I am doing LAWL on my own. I did it with the COD and hit my goal a couple of yrs. ago. I have let some lbs. creap on. If you know the plan very well and you come to this board regularly for support and to keep some accountability, you should do fine. My suggestion is keep journaling and stay on a weigh in schedule (I'm preaching to myself too!)

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-13-2006 10:16 AM

missmysoilder - I'm doing LAWL on my own too - I've never been to a COD except for orientation of the plan. I've done well with all the support on the boards. You can do it - we can help you !!!! Just make sure that you keep accountability to yourself - choose certain things and make certain goals. That will help you tremendously

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-13-2006 10:31 AM

Mary - Sorry you are go give out - hopefully the movement helped, but resting today will benefit your body as well!!!

Repo girl 02-13-2006 10:47 AM

Good Morning friends!

Muji- Don't you dare beat yourself up over a little cheat, chickie. Just learn form those experiences what your triggers are, and do better next time. You are doing just fine.

Angelica- YOU ROCK!!! I cannot believe how well your weight is coming off, and you are not falling into stalls. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...Great job!!

Heather- Hope you can find the jeans that you want. These new 10's that my cuz gave me are so cute and trendy. I can tell that they look good, because DH has been in a little frenzy all weekend over them. One of my friends asked me the other day if my bedroom life was better now than when I was heavier. I told her I did not think so, but after this jeans situation this weekend, is seems that things have gotten busier. Hmmmm...what is going to happen after 40 more lbs?

Mary- Don't worry, the BL pain does get better. After 4 workouts, I am felling better, not taking sleeping pills at night, and not taking ibuprofin during the day.

Erin- Great job with temptations. I am trying to retrain myself back to the newbie way of thinking.

angelica1674 02-13-2006 10:59 AM

Repo girl~ actually I did hit a little stall. It was about right before thanksgiving. But that has been the only stall.....so far. Knock on wood! I think If I stalled now I would get frustrated but I think I would handle it better than when I was heavier. I feel comfortable in clothes now before I was disgusted with the way I looked.Am I making sense??? lol.

Purplepirate~Thanks for thinking of me.It feels good that at least I have helped somebody with tips I have gave.

Oh and repogirl the bedroom has got busier for me too!! I know if wear jeans my husband will be all over me. lol. I started tanning too. He bought me 350 min last valentines day and I never used them cause I was too fat too feel good about myself. So I have started now and that has spiced things up too. They say having a tan makes you look thinner. Maybe it is true.Who knows,lol. I know I was pasty white. I dont think my legs had seen sun for 2 years.lol

Repo girl 02-13-2006 11:10 AM

Tanning, huh? Maybe I should think about that. Has anyone heard of the new tanning beds that you only tan for 10 minutes every few weeks? I wondered about that, since I don't have a lot of time for tanning, but I love the tanned look. I am thinking about a cut and color here in a couple of weeks, too.

mujiboston 02-13-2006 12:17 PM

new day!

Hi everyone,

i feel better today...it's a new day and a new week. DH was very understanding after my moodiness yesterday....so no more pizza in the house until i think i can handle them. i was thinking about doing a cabinet cleaning and getting rid of all the bad foods. but, i have to learn to live with temptations!!!

leah- that is a tiramisu! it was what was served at my wedding. i just thought it was a pretty picture. also my goal is to resist it, thought if i see it enough, i wont want it.

repo-thanks for your words of encouragement! i really appreciate it. i just have to think of my goal....when i am at goal weight and i go into my fertility doctor...i want the mean nurses there to stop telling me to drop some weight and be suprised to see my weight on the scale. ultimately, i would love to get pregnant without going through the drug treatment...just a miracle because i lost weight and my body is functioning normally.

I admire those of you who can do this plan yourself. i doubt i would be able to. so, you go girls!!!

here is to having a great OP week!

thnknthn 02-13-2006 12:27 PM

Hello Chickies and how are all you awesome women today!

I am doing great, I had a WI this am and stayed the same----I had steak 3 days in a row and did not even realize it:nono:. They said I will show a loss after I get rid of all that red meat in my system. So no red meat til after Friday for me.

I hope you all had a OP weekend as I did too. Keep up the great work!

Be seeing you

Bernadette:cb:

ksdiogi 02-13-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbear
I Also my hair has tripled the gray in the last month or two for some reason and people are commenting on it. One person actually said "this miscarriage hit you hard, you have gray hair everywhere now."
Mary

Mary - I know the feeling on the gray. When my daughter was 18 months old, she had febrile seizures. We were in the hospital for 3 days. At my next hair cut, I was over 50% gray at age 30. At 37, I feel I'm too young to be gray so I color. :cool:

Regarding the miscarriage, I haven't had one but I've been by my best friend's side through 2. The last one was horrible. The doctor insisted on a D&C but my friend was mentally not able to go through with it. She said the experience was a month of the worst menstrual pains as well as all the emotions you can possibly experience. Her doctor gave her 3 more days (after 30) to stop bleeding and for negative pregnancy tests or he was going to stop seeing her if she refused the D&C. Three days later, she went in and the levels were finally near non pregnancy amounts.

Hugs Hugs to you! :hug:

Well, I'm off to WI and then to the store to try those peanut butter cookies. Wish me luch!

shennie_97 02-13-2006 01:11 PM

Katie~ congrats on the will power at the movies. That is one of my major triggers, I love movie theatre nachos

Barb~ your dining out skills are superb

Tee~ how tall are you, I’m 5.6ish and I still fit 10’s in some things (my butt won’t get into most) but I am glad I can fit a 6. I have never been able to just go in a tore and pick out a pair of pants without trying them on because I have such a small waist with such big hips. NY&Co makes me feel good, even if they run big :lol:

Missmysoldier~ do you still have stabilization and maintenance weeks you paid for? If so I would ask to go on hold for a few weeks and do the program on your own and then come back for your stabilization and maintenance

I bought home leftover Olive garden…big no,no. I planned to give it to DS, but he didn’t want any and last night I tackled it. Ok, thankfully valentines is over for me. I work from 8-5 tomorrow and school from 6-10 so I am done with the temptation.

I ran into a great sale at Payless yesterday. They had B1G1free for all clearance shoes, I got 10 pairs of shoes for under $50. However, my shoecase is full so I have to figure out what to do with my new shoes. I am a shoeaholic and I just can’t help myself, I might build another shoecase, but that will just be my excuse to buy more shoes to fill up that one.

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-13-2006 01:29 PM

Wow - I can tell I've been working too hard this morning - too many posts without my avatar sneaking in there somewhere -

Shennie - I just wanted to say - I'm shaped just like you - I'm in 12 - but way too big in the waist - I can get into 10's that are relaxed through hip and thigh and they fit much better in the waist. I'm always been pear shaped!!! Glad your temptation is over - but your still in those 140's so no matter what - BE PROUD GIRLFRIEND - PROUD!!!

Bernadette - Sounds like that red meat snuck up on both of us. I had it Sat and Sunday night, but didn't plan things that way - just the way they happened. I figured I could use the extra iron for TOM - ;) heheheh. I was up on my scale - so I'm hoping I will go back down after eating lighter for the next day or so.

ksdiogi - Good luck with WI and those PB cookies!!!

mujiboston - Sorry about the pizza situation - I can totally understand - I tried to get my DH to order pizza the other day for the superbowl and told him I would just eat something else - but he wouldn't do it - he said that wouldn't be fair - that was really sweet of him - I just don't want him to feel deprived.......I have snacks in the cabinet for my DD(2), but I try not to have things that I just LOVE......I fell into the goldfish trap the other day, but I had about a serving - I felt guilty, but I got over it and moved on - was OP for the rest of the day - and just got back on the wagon the next day!!! Take out the things that haunt you by being in the cabinet ....

Angelica - your very welcome and yes - your tips made sense and helped - now I just need to follow them a little more.

Well, back to work al ittle bit - check as soon as I can....

emmysmom 02-13-2006 01:29 PM

Mary, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I'm sure you're ready to put this all behind you. But I agree with the other posts...you should let your body rest. BTW...I just saw your picture of Eli...OMG...he is just too cute!!!

Katie...Congrats on the BL DVD! How long are the workouts? I really wanted to get one over the weekend, but my Walmart doesn't carry it either.

Muji...I couldn't do the plan myself either. And that tiramisu...yumm!!! I'm sending hugs your way to a natural preganancy:hug:

I made meatloaf from the cookbook yesterday and it was delish!!!! DH just loved it. He was really surprised that it was so tasy. I'll be making that again soon. I'll post the recipe on the recipe thread for anyone interested.

Heather...How the heck are ya? Are you working on planning your daughter's birthday yet? Mine is one month away so I better get started!

To everyone else I missed...have a super fantastic day!!!:carrot: