3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 01:30 PM

Diane - Hello and :welcome: to the boards. Maybe try using your alcohol as wine and count as fruit or maybe skip a starch here and there to try to accomdate. Even though you don't have to stay POP - you could still make good choices......Good luck....I will be taking my own advice as I will be out of town at my BF's house and she is just not a dieter - but she is so sweet - she is at the store right now getting me fruit and yogurt ......for the house...

Tina - I totally agree - a house without toys>?? I wouldn't know what to think - ours has totally become part of the decor as well!!!

Kathy - I can't imagine how fast they grow up - Mine is only two and it feels like she was just born a few months ago - it FLIES!!!

Erin - I know what you mean about the weather - we are in the 60's today - which is just going to make it that much harder for me in MI!! I called today to ask my friend what she is wearing usually and she was like long sleeve shirts - no sweaters - I'm thinking - GIRLFRIEND - you are crazy!!! I will be taking sweaters, b/c I'm just not acclimated to the colder weather!!!

Margot - Congrats on being so motivated to make TO on Valentines and to do good - that is wonderful!!!

Katie - Congrats on the inches - Girl you are just reaping all kinds of benefits lately - I bet DH is too - hahahahahahahahah!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 01:32 PM

Barb - I'm jealous you get to cook so much!!! Please come be my personal chef - you won't even have to interview - I'll hire you immediately!!!! Good Luck at weigh in - I still bet you will see a loss - you are just such a loser!!!

Gamababa3 02-15-2006 01:37 PM

Wow Heather calling me a loser is giving me flash backs of my child hood:) If you would be willing to move you and your family to California I would love to come work for you:) No my scale shows pretty much what there's does, but that is ok I will have a loss on Friday.

kattheall 02-15-2006 01:44 PM

Diane-I don't ski, but getting away with friends for the little vacation. That sounds wonderful. Just think how much better you feel then before the weight lose. That will give you the inspiration to jump right back on plan. Besides, you'll probably burn off everything on the slopes.

Kathy

Repo girl 02-15-2006 01:46 PM

Wow, Barb, you are turning into a real Martha Stewart, without the criminal record, hahhaha.

Heather- You better believe it, baby!

Diane- Heather and I are going to do Take Off on Tuesday and Wednesday to repent for our own vacations this weekend. You are welcome to join the club!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 01:52 PM

Barbara - You know I meant that in all good ways of course!!

I would love to hire you - but I think the East Coast is just embedded in the blood - I just love it here. I almost got into taking a business trip to San Fran in March, but luckily due to the subject - I got out of it. The first thought I had when it came up - was - I wonder how far Barb is from there??

Looking foward to my weekend - dreading the repenting on tuesday and weds - but going to miss you chickies terribly!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 01:56 PM

Okay ladies - trying to get all my posts in before I leave - are you getting tired of me yet?? hahahahah

I'm having horrible sweet cravings. I don't really no why - except for TOM - I've done sooo good for weeks - now all of a sudden I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!! Help me please - any advice other than eating a luna? - plus I don't have a choco one here at work - I already ate the PB one earlier???? and just ate an apple -

momof3boys1girl 02-15-2006 01:59 PM

can someone please post the oriental chicken salad with the dressing i want to make it for lunch but i really didint want to search through all the recipe pages to find it...if someone woould please post it ...i would really appriciate it

thanks JAMIE

emmysmom 02-15-2006 01:59 PM

Heather, I swear we could be one and the same sometimes! I too, am craving chocolate, probably because of TOM and am eating an apple as we speak...(twilight zone music). Do you drink diet soda at all? Sometimes if I have a diet coke, my cravings go away.

Rebeca 02-15-2006 02:07 PM

:cool:

Hellow Everyone! Glad to see that everyone is alive after Vday! I didnt have any chocolate so that was great! Hubby and I are going to the two year crisis, so we are fighitng nonstop... even on Vday! We met on VDay and we always make it a big deal but we could not stand each other for a very long time yesterday! Anyways, I found a solution to my weight fluctiation problem! HA HA... I have a WW scale at home and from now on i am going to use it the first thing in the morning before i even brush my teeth! I hope that it is more consistant than the other scales, since i am doing it nude also helps!
There is a three lbs difference between mine and CODs, but it is keeping me motivated!

Does anyone around my same weight wants to buddy up for week challege??? We keep each other motivated and weight in the same days to see how much each other has lost!

See yall of you later!

dawn78 02-15-2006 02:09 PM

Barbara - I'm so glad you enjoyed the chicken sun-dried tomato pesto recipe. I told DH that I wanted to invite some friends over for supper one night and make that again for them. They'll be so impressed with how good it is and how it feels like something you shouldn't have when you're "dieting". When I made it, I made it similar by blending up a can of "no salt added" stewed tomatoes and adding in a little raw onion and raw green pepper. It probably had even less sodium in it that way.

dawn78 02-15-2006 02:11 PM

Jamie - It's on page 14 of the recipe thread.

Repo girl 02-15-2006 02:27 PM

Rebeca, I would buddy up, but I am going to have to do TO next week. Ask me in another week!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 02:36 PM

Yea, Repo has to buddy with me on Tuesday and Wednesday!! She promised!!! sigh, sigh,,,,,,but she is all yours afterwards!!! hahahahahahaha

green0923 02-15-2006 02:36 PM

Just a quick pick me up that I forgot to post earlier.

Last night, I was doing a workout video with a friend. We were using 2 lb weights (yes, I am a wimp!) :)

Anyway, we got to talking, and she said, "Hey, feel that 2 lb. weight!" I did. Then she said, "Imagine carrying 10 of these all day with you; or better yet, imagine carrying a big 20 lb bag of dog food with you all day -- that is how much weight you have lost already!"

I will have to remember that. Every time I start to get discouraged, I will go pick up our dog's food, and remember that less than a month ago, I was carrying that much more weight!

Food for thought for all the losers!