3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

shennie_97 02-11-2006 10:38 AM

heather. I think it is a huge undertaking to start LAWL and to start caring for a 15 month oild at the same time. There is going to be quite alot that your DS will need from you now and if you feel you need to take a break from LAWL to give him the best he can get...I think that is fine...IMHO.

Talk to your center and see what they can come up with, but also remeber that you are now setting and example for someone else so you can't go back to what you know is wrong and not healthy for you. :hug: :hug:

Repo girl 02-11-2006 10:39 AM

Don't worry Heather. With a little practice, you will become the queen of time management! I definitely have a loss today, not going to report yet, but I will soon!!

Boo'sMom 02-11-2006 11:45 AM

All this talk of size 10's, 8's and 6's OH MY! How exciting! To have you guys already there from the plan just makes those of us on our way realize it is possible. I am pretty sure I can get into a 12 but don't want to waste my $$ since I don't want to stay there but I will definitely buy a 10 when I can! I've always said I would be content in a 10 but now (thanks Shennie) I want an 8 --haven't been there since high school (1988!!)

Shennie--you are so food savvy that wherever you go for V-day you will make good choices and even if you splurge you will get right back on track--just have a good time.

Barb--now when my stomach growls I'll just think about all those calories melting away--thanks

I am curious to see how others stabilization works--my in-laws just went on it and the first week they got to add unlimited vegetables then the second week they got to add another dairy. I want more STARCH!!

Tee625 02-11-2006 12:53 PM

Hello ladies...

Sheenie congrats on getting into the 140's.
Repo girl- Here is your BL workout reminder lol... Have you done your BL DVD today :)
Marbear- How are you feeling?

I still have quite a few posts to read through... and still trying to post my pic. Have a POP day!!!

Gamababa3 02-11-2006 01:53 PM

Mary I had looked on line at Wal-Mart and it was showing there so it's weird they say they don't carry them. I don't remember it saying carried on line only. Maybe your area hasn't gotten them out there. I still have to try and make it to Wal-Mart today.

We are taking Jasmyne and a friend to lunch and to a park to play, then I'm coming back and getting ready for my date to our Valentine's dinner & clean comedy show:) I tried on my outfit last night and decided to take in the darts, so the jacket didn't look so big. I told my husband I want to be the sharpest looker tonight at our table:) He bought me some really nice earrings and a joker to match.

I weighed in this AM and I'm down another 1.6 for a total weight loss of 17.6. I reminded her that at 215 I was to have been moved to another plan, but since I was still losing I wasn't going to change plans as of yet. She said that is fine if that is what I wanted, but I would get to a point where I'm not going to lose on the red plan. I told her I believe part of the reason I'm losing is I'm not eating all the portion sizes on the proteins it is to much. She looked through my dairy and said that the way I'm eating is a heavier day and then a lighter day and I didn't even realize that. She said it's helping my body to metabolize better that way and that is why I'm losing. Hey what ever works right:) I'm really going to try and do well tonight with the food choices and I know it will be easier having friends at my table that know I'm on the program and I want to show them I can eat healthy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend and stays on program.

Tee625 02-11-2006 02:06 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss, Barb. Have a good time tonight.

Tee625 02-11-2006 03:06 PM

Hey where is everybody??? It's snowing outside and I am stuck at work on a Saturday waiting for my replacement so that I can go home.

mujiboston 02-11-2006 05:37 PM

down 5 lbs since monday

hi everyone,

i was so excited when i weighed myself this morning. i am down 5 lbs!!:carrot:

i weigh myself on my own scale in the AM and there is the weight that LAWL has since i go to them in the afternoon. I think there is about a 4 lbs difference since my first day there, i wore a sweater and ate and stuff. so my tracker is for the LAWL one. regardless i have lost 5lbs!!!! i cant believe it!!!

I hope this is not one of those diets that you lose the first few weeks and nothing else for a while.

I was pretty good about activities too. I am doing the walk away the pounds 3 miler. and i really like it. i feel like i am working out and getting my activities in but it does not kills me. some days i do tae-bo with it before hand. just to mix things up. i am interested in the biggest loser dvd. what is it like?

have a great weekend!!!:D

green0923 02-11-2006 06:13 PM

Hey, ladies! Sorry, not much time for personals today, but I will catch up tomorrow or Monday!

For those who have the BL video (Katie, Britt, Mary ...) which one(s) did you buy? The only ones they had at our Walmart were Jillian's ... which is better? Hers or his?

Thanks!

nikkijo 02-11-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green0923
Hey, ladies! Sorry, not much time for personals today, but I will catch up tomorrow or Monday!

For those who have the BL video (Katie, Britt, Mary ...) which one(s) did you buy? The only ones they had at our Walmart were Jillian's ... which is better? Hers or his?

Thanks!

That's weird, the internet only has Bob's.

thnknthn 02-11-2006 07:23 PM

HEllo Ladies and how are you all doing?

I am doing great. I finally got up the nerve to try on all the clothes in my closet that I thought would fit me........and they were too big :dancer:

I was so excited I got my 15 year old DD and my DH and had a fashion show of sorts. I was brought to tears, and it made me feel disgusted with myself that I had let it get that bad. Since Jan 8, I have went from busting out of a 16/18 to wearing a pair of levi shorts comfortably that are 14. I can get the 12's on but not button YET! AND guess what I found buried in the depths of my closet black hole---2 pairs of size 9 jeans from before the 2nd DD(she is 10)and I could not even let myself dream that big, I stuffed them right back in there for a later date.:lol: This was a big NSV for me. I was so afraid of trying on these clothes. I locked myself in my walk-in closet so no one could see me fail! I am so proud of myself!:cheer:

Hope you ladies have a great evening and I will be around later.

Bernadette:cb:

ksdiogi 02-11-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shennie_97
The social security administartion says that "william c" doesn't exist, so my tax return was rejected and now i have to go to the social secuity office to find out what my child's name is so that i can do my taxes.

I'm laughing with you right now...:rofl: And I truly understand. About 4 years ago, I tried to e-file our taxes. I had e-filed the year before so I was pretty excited about doing it again. It was rejected. After several attempts, some one from the Social Security office finally explained to me that my husband's last name was wrong. It was not BiEhl but BiChl. Now, my DSS, DSD, and DD were all BiEhl and my DSS is a JR. But hubby was a BiChl. I asked her how it could change like that overnight. Apparently it was entered incorrectly many years ago but they just automated the system then so it would not accept BiEhl as his name. In order to get his named changed, he has to present his birth certificate and both parents' SSNs in person along with our marriage license. Of course, no one has seen my FIL in over 25 years so we're having trouble with that aspect. For now, he is a BiChl (I pronounce it *****ell) and we are Biehls.:carrot: :rofl:

hkychik 02-11-2006 07:49 PM

NSV for me!

I finally got the nerve to buy fat free milk, and it actually wasn't bad. That's a biggie for me - I am a huge milk drinker, and I really wanted to enjoy the miniscule serving I get. I've been drinking 1% milk for the plan, only just a little less. Now, I can happily write in my diary FF milk! No more getting my hand slapped at the center!

Now, what's the difference between FF and skim milk? Skim still looks like water to me - blecccchh

Boo'sMom 02-11-2006 08:26 PM

Yeah Bernadette! I haven't had the nerve to try a smaller size but I hope I am as successful as you!

Lori--I agree on the milk--fortunately I don't like it either way so I stay away--only in cereal, which I miss. I'll stick to my yogurt.