3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

angelica1674 02-15-2006 11:31 AM

Thanks purplepirate for the encouragment!! I needed it. I have been doing good today. Had my yogurt for breakfast, pinapple and bar for snack.I have drank 30 oz water! I have been really hungry for the last week and I have no clue why. I think thats the main reason I have been going off plan so much. But, NO MORE, POP from now on!

juliemarie 02-15-2006 11:36 AM

Re: the Knudsens-I just remember figuring out the calories in both awhile back and it was fairly similar (maybe a little less in the knudsens). I'm probably wrong-but too lazy to deal with buying and using another 1/2 a bottle! I barely get all the juice in as it is.

nikkijo 02-15-2006 11:38 AM

I'm wondering about the Knudsens too. I saw there are many flavors. Which one should we use?

Repo girl 02-15-2006 11:47 AM

It is Knudsens Morning Blend. You are right, Juliemarie. The Knudsens in lower in calories than the LAWL juice, so to be the same, you would drink 6 oz of the Knudsens, vs. 4 oz of TO juice.

Debbie- I am feeling your pain. It has been terribly cold here too. Where is spring? I miss it so.

juliemarie 02-15-2006 11:57 AM

Actually Repo-I think the point is that I was wrong;) (in my reply to one of the Heathers-Hey! It's like the movie!)

What's your damage?

Hee hee-sorry guys, I'm on cold medicine.

pseudomargot 02-15-2006 12:03 PM

Looks like everyone had great Vdays. My first day of Limited To went well, probably not best to have started on Valentine's day, but it kept me away from the chocolate and cookies, so it was a Good Thing. Was down 2 lbs on home scale, but at WI - after my 4 egg whites and 8 oz water and 6 oz knudsens - my weight was up .2. Oh, well. Will stay strong today. Had my appt. with a trainer at the gym this morning so I'm hoping that that will really help too. A friend of mine gave me his remaining training sessions. I have 7 left and I'm going to take full advantage of them and try to be totally POP while I'm excercising.

Anyway, would love to type more, and read more, but I have a meeting and I haven't showered after the gym. Likely a good idea to do so!

Have a great day! Have also been enjoying the olympics, and using them as motivation to get in better shape!!! Not that I'll be entering any events - especially at my ripe old age of 45!

m_everett 02-15-2006 12:13 PM

Hello there ladies....whoa- I've missed a lot.
I've been hibernating these past few days..... the cold weather and snow made me want to do nothing but EAT. I did weigh in last night and was only up .6 since last Thursday. Not bad considering that I'd been out to eat 4 days in a row!!
I had my counselor sit and give me the low down of all of their supps, since they don't have ANY literature on them. They suggested using the Xcel a few weeks ago and I totally brushed it off cause it costs an arm and a leg and I thought that my weight loss was progressing fairly well. Well, I'm starting to think about trying it out...in those past few weeks I've been going up and down the same 1-2 pounds and have really gone nowhere. I tried to TO last week with the Knudsen's and that really didn't do much for me either. The Xcel does happen to be on sale 20% off so I think I'm going to go for it..... Do any of you use the Xcel?? I just don't know what else to do....I know that I'm not being perfect and if I were to be POP then I wouldn't even consider but my life and my work right now is crazy and I am stressed to the MAX!! :stress: :tired: :stars: :bomb: I can't think of anything but diving into a big pool of ice cream right now- LOL!! Any advise/comments....
Thank you ladies!!

You all seem to be doing so well!!! :bravo: to you all!!!

:welcome2: to all the newbies out there!! This forum is great and I don't know what I would do without it!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Repo girl 02-15-2006 12:16 PM

Hey Margot, a trainer? I am so jealous! One thing you should know about TO, is that for the next couple of days after you are done, go easy on red meat and sodium. You will have better lasting results that way.

Juliemarie- Right, wrong, who is keeping score?

Repo girl 02-15-2006 12:20 PM

Marissa- Is there something else that calms you when you are stressed? You may want to put together a little bag of stuff that you can use to battle stress that is not food related. A good book, a hand held video game (I love poker and blackjack), a journal, nail files and polish, stress balls, etc. If you can keep your bag handy and grab it when you need it, your cravings will pass fast. Good luck!!

kattheall 02-15-2006 12:21 PM

Good morning chickas

Theres to many of you to reply to all individually. How do you that? Maybe when I've been here awhile longer.:)
I miss my babies being little. They are now 23,19 and 15 years old. It goes by quickly. Enjoy them!! But a home without toys is a beautiful thing:twirly:

Do any of you hate to cook? Thats me. I want to like it,but I just don't. This is what I've done to help myself out. I cook a couple of times a week. I make alot!! Freeze everything in portion meals. I don't think I could stick to plan without this. Well maybe I could but, it would be pretty bad.:o

Any idea chickies!!

Kathy

green0923 02-15-2006 12:54 PM

WI = Down .8 lbs!

Hey, ladies!
I'm glad to hear everyone's V-day went well. DH got me a nice card, 2 workout videos (which I asked for), flowers, and met me with the kids for lunch. Plus, he made a yummy dinner POP!

It's so warm here! Almost 70! Yesterday it was in the low 40's .. what gives?

Heather - Savannah is sooooo cute! You are going to have so much fun on your trip!

Mary - So glad to hear about the negative AND the WL! Congrats!

Tina - Kids say the cutest things! That is so cute about the chicken!

Katie - As always, full of info! You are going to have a great time at Jackpot!

Boo - Great job on resisting temptations! NSV!

Deets - Hoe exciting that your friend thought you were 20 lbs less than you are! I bet it is your athletic build, great job!

Slowly shrinking - Congrats on your loss so far!

HeatherCP - DFS sounds like such a doll! Congratulations!

EVERYONE ELSE, (Sorry, I am out of time for personals ... will catch the rest of you later!) hello! and have a POP day!

As for me, I WI and lost the .8 I was up on Monday! Yay! I'm thrilled! I will be at one month OP on Friday, and will get measured! Can't wait!

emmysmom 02-15-2006 12:57 PM

Kathy, A home without toys...what's that? It's actually kinda funny because before the baby came, I didn't think I had room for all the baby stuff...but now it's just part of the decor! I also cook big meals to last the week or freeze some. I don't get off work until 4:30, so until I pick up the baby and actually cook dinner, we wouldn't get to eat until 6:00! It's much easier for me to grab something from the fridge and reheat.

m everett...I take Xcel. I think it helps with my hunger and cravings. It gives me an extra boost of energy, too. Just make sure you eat within an hour of taking them because I know I get really nauseous if I don't. Also, take them in the morning and before lunch because they could keep you up at night if you take them too late.

Katie, 2 inches off your waist is absolutely incredible!!! I can't wait for my DVD to come!

ConnorsMum 02-15-2006 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone! My name is Diane and I am new to this board. I have been on LAWL for a couple months now. I've done pretty well so far. I was doing a search on workout videos on Yahoo and found this site. I'm glad I did cuz now I have a support group for LAWL too! Lately, I've been having a very slow weight loss cuz I started working out. I didn't realize that was the problem until after though. I lost a pound 2 weeks ago and gained a pound last week. Needless to say I was VERY frustrated especially since I hadn't gone off the plan at all. I didn't realize that exercise could affect my weight loss that quickly. Now, thanks to Katie's advise, I decided to not worry about the scale as much and concentrate on my workouts and stay on plan. Eventually it will all come off.

I am about to have a very bad weekend. A group of us go skiing every year, rent a chalet and needless to say, drink a lot. Last year I was pregnant so I couldn't partake. This year, I'm on a diet! I decided that this was going to be my bad weekend and I will start over on Monday. I may need all the support I can get next week. I haven't gone off this diet at all since I started, so I will see how much this will affect me on Sunday when I get home and get on the scale. It's going to be scary! One weekend can't hurt me too much, right? Boy, I hope not.

Thanks for listening to my ramble. Everyone have a great weekend! Mine starts tonight.

Diane

emmysmom 02-15-2006 01:06 PM

Diane, I would just go on your trip, do the best you can, but have a great time! One weekend won't kill you...but I wouldn't WI until Monday and drink lots of lemon water on Sunday.

Gamababa3 02-15-2006 01:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting ready to go to weigh in and running behind. Had my grand daughter to get ready for school today and cook her breakfast and forgot how slow little one's can be.

Oh my goodness I mentioned what I was making for dinner and dessert last night and it was so gooooood. You guys have to make that Chicken sun dried tomato pesto and cheese cake. I had used a can of low sodium stewed tomatoes and then cut up some bell pepper and onion to add to it. I couldn't find sun dried tomato pesto so I bought basil pine nut kind. I cut my chicken breasts in to three pieces. Cooked recipe as directed adding garlic and basil. Served on top of angel hair pasta. I didn't have parmesan cheese so I grated some low mozzarella on top. I also make the tortilla appetizers and rolls. My DGD said the mixture looked like throw up and then ate one and said how good they were. I didn't put olives and lettuce, but did add some chopped carrots and tomato in the mixture. The cheese cake was really good also. I think next time I might even add a little more lemon peel to the cream cheese mixture. I topped it off with large slices of strawberries in a nice pattern. I was proud of myself.

I will type more later. Off to run around. I know I didn't lose today once I got dressed and put my shoes on, but I was down before I added the shoes and socks:)