3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74910-lawl-losers-friends-february-2006-a.html)

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 02:43 PM

Erin - That is such an awesome way to see your progress with your eyes. Sometimes it is so hard to look in the mirror and see where we came from b/c we lost little by litte!! You go girl and congrats on the loss!!~ I can't wait till I can post 20 lbs lost....

ConnorsMum 02-15-2006 02:46 PM

Katie,

I was planning on doing TO after the ski trip, but the last time I did it I only lost 1 pound that week. I was really disappointed considering I spent $25 on the bottle of juice. I can lose a pound without spending the money. I retained a lot of water after I did TO too. It just didn't seem to work for me. Thanks for the invite, but I think I'll just get back into my workouts (assuming I don't break a leg :) )and stay on plan from Sunday on.

Diane

Gamababa3 02-15-2006 02:50 PM

Heather I know what meaning you meant by calling me a loser:) SF is very close to me about 45 mins away. I wish I could afford to go on a trip I would love to meet you. What about sugar free fat free choc ice cream with Hershey syrup on it?

Katie your funny Martha I cook know where like her. I had so many things dropping yesterday my kitchen floor had the three egg yolks fall on to it with a broken cup. I wanted to pull my hair out. But everyone enjoyed the dinner so it was worth it. I surely won't be cooking like this when I start working.

Dawn yes I will definitely make this one again and I thought the same thing when we have company over.

I went and weighed and lost .4. I would have liked it to be more, but they told me I had a big loss the past few weigh in and I probably won't see that much this week. I'll prove them wrong:)

My daughter is being so kind to share my computer with me and wants it back so off I go for a while. Have a great afternoon.

heather314 02-15-2006 03:25 PM

Hi everyone!
Hope you all are having a great day, didnt get a chance to read through most of the posts yet. Not doing bad on 2nd day of TO but man i'm starving today. I wish a couple hours would go by so I could make my dinner lol. I got all my supp's and lites today so now im broke lol. well not really broke but wow it gets expensive. Just more motivation that I better make this diet work :)
I noticed a "Connorsmom" in the posts.. thats my sons name too :) He's in my avatar if it showed up right!
Theres one counseler at my center that is a HUGE inspiration to me! She has a 4 month old daughter and looks like shes never had a child. She said she gained 70 pounds and only has 10 more to lose now, shes been on the program. My son is a year old and I look like I just had him last month lol. So hopefully shes right and it works that well :)
Just wanted to pop on and say hello!

Repo girl 02-15-2006 03:28 PM

Mary, I think shrimp is fine. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be, unless it was breaded and deep fat fried, hahaha!

CandlePrincess 02-15-2006 03:37 PM

ok..i have a question that has nothing to do with LAWL...a question for all you mom's out there! My DFS has just started daycare, and up until he was placed with us he took a three hour nap each day. So daycare's nap time is only two hours and when I pick him up he is really cranky and just not happy. So today I put him down to let him rest a little more. I don't want to ruin his night sleep, but I don't want him to be miserable too. So here's my question....am i going to really mess his schedule up if he takes an hour or so nap when we get home in the afternoon or should i just make it through the grouchies until bedtime? Since we have never had a child this age here I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. I've tried looking in a few books I have but not too much info in this particular subject! Any advice would be appreciated!

hkychik 02-15-2006 03:49 PM

HeatherCP, I don't think it would muck with him too much - kids are pretty resiliant. It may take him a week or so to get into the routine, but I'll bet he bounces back. Kids that age will usually just pop off to sleep whenever they are tired, as long as they aren't over stimulated. What with new foster parents and a new day care, he's probably feeling a little overwhelmed with it all - try letting him nap for an hour after you get home, but if he doesn't want bedtime, then cut back the nap time, until you've reached a happy medium. I wish either one of my kids would have napped at ALL past the age of one. Neither one would nap more than an hour a day, unless they were really tuckered out from something.

Repo girl 02-15-2006 03:59 PM

I agree with Lori on the schedule, but I have a question about the daycare. Are they waking him after 2 hours? If so, I would ask them to please allow him to sleep as long as he wants to. I am an early childhood professional, and I would never dream of waking a child before they were ready. In fact, the National Association for the Education of Young Children believe that sleeping is right of children, and they should not ever be forced to sleep or not to sleep. You are probably paying the daycare big bucks to care for your little guy. They need to respect your wishes on naptime.

emmysmom 02-15-2006 04:00 PM

Heather, My daughter did the same thing when she was at the old sitter's. She would only nap for a couple hours and come home cranky and tired. I did let her take a little nap when we got home (an hour), and then give her dinner. I would then give her a bath and use the lavendar and chamomile bedtime soap, which is supposed to be calming, and she would go to bed by 9:00. He'll probably adjust shortly to his new schedule.

emmysmom 02-15-2006 04:02 PM

...Katie is absolutely right. I didn't mention that part of the reason this happened at the old sitters is because her house was so hectic and busy that my poor little girl couldn't sleep, but would have if given the chance. So I would definitely make sure there is a designated "nap area" so that your little one can get his rest. If they are waking up the kids after 2 hours, I would complain.

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 04:08 PM

heather3-
Well, that is funny, b/c that is exactly what I used to do with Savannah when she was younger. I would try doing that for awhile just until he gets more used to the schedule. Eventually he will start "not" wanting to take another nap - which then you will go through more grouchiness closer to bedtime, but I think he just needs to get used to the schedule. Maybe what you could do is slowly backing off the afternoon nap little by little!! I hope it works out for the best!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 02-15-2006 04:11 PM

Well ladies - I figure I would say my goodbyes. I will be so busy tonight packing, that I doubt I will have any time to post.....I promise I will do my best to stay as OP as possible - We are planning to go work out at least one day while I'm there!! I'm going to the gym after work tonight to get one last good "kick in the butt" workout before I leave......

I will miss all you chickies!! Don't forget me while I'm gone and I can't wait to see all the loses when I return!!!

here's sending everyone lots of POP VIBES!!!!!!!

have a wonderful week and wonderful weekend!!!

Gamababa3 02-15-2006 04:38 PM

Well all miss you also Heather. Have fun and take some pics for us to see. Chat with you next week.