Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #391  

Good morning, chicks!

Leaving today, so posting may be spotty over the next few days --

Michelle - I really admire that you're putting yourself out there - there are alot of toads; someday you'll find the prince. And you're right, if the values aren't the same, it ain't worth the effort.

Ruby - I think you win the award of the most entertaining posts. The only hint my attained age can give you is to try to make this NOT so important, and that will free up your voice box - ask yourself - what's the worst that can happen if you answer back . .. I mean the REALLY worst, which is something like drop dead from the embarrassment -- obviously, that won't happen, so it sort of lessens the fear?

Mary - I've bought Luna's off ebay with good results. Some were a little smushed, but the quality has been fine.

Stacey -- sorry, can't help you with the breast feeding question. about TO, there are two versions - one with 6oz of protein, 2c of green veg, 2 lites, and the other one is the initial low carb - all the protein and green veg you want.

about the popcorn - agree that it is one of their marketing ploys -- since they have a snack with popcorn, it's not allowed. However, they do seem to be really, really careful with sodium so that may be part of the restriction. Also, not all centers have the free to live cards - I never got them at my center.

about flax seeds - I've heard them recommended for both the fat AND the fiber -- they seem to be recommended in smoothie recipes, which are blended . .. Must be honest, never tried them.

Be good, chickies, and if you can't be good, at least try to stay POP!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #392  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
How does everyone like my avatar now? This is thanks to Regina. She also made me an angel one...How cool..
Julie...Have a great vacation AGAIN... Please try to post as often as you can. I love the details. I don't get to travel (unless to the races) and this lets me know what the rest of the world is like..
Stacey...I buy the 100 calorie snack popcorn but I'm on WW and can have it for 2 points... It makes just enough to satisfy the popcorn craving.. I buy the kettle corn so that takes care of the sweet and crunchy...
Mary...I buy Luna's off Ebay all the time. I always get a great deal. One time I bought them and they were expired but they were just as good. Those are probably like everything else, they just have to be pulled off the shelf by a certain time. Some chicks on here also buy them on Amazon.
Star....Did you get your image thingy up and running yet. I can't wait to see the avatars you found. You could always put the picture of you and the grandbabies up. That is such a great picture..
Ruby...I'll be waiting on an update..
Hi to everyone else. Be back in alittle bit..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #393  

Rusty - Your new avatar is so YOU.....love it! I'll work on mine today...BUT might have to hire Karen & Regina for assistance for the challenged.....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!!!

I just got the new issue of Prevention magazine and there is an article on new finds that includes "Jolly Time Minis" healthy popcorn for one. It says: each single serving bag is 90 calories and has only 2g of fat (0 saturated and trans fats). Its also low sodium and sugar (the kettle corn is sweetened with Splenda) and cholesterol free. *Not sure how LOW the sodium is or how this compares to the LAWL popcorn but thought I would pass it along anyway.

Also in the same issue it says that Mrs. Dash is coming out with marinades, salt free and no MSG. The flavors are Zesty Garlic Herb, Lemon Herb Peppercorn, Mesquite Grille and Southwestern Chipotle. All are for meats, potatoes and vegetables. It also says you can add a tablespoon of vinegar to 2 tablespoons of a marinade for a savory dressing.

I lost a grand total od .8 pounds on day one of TO. Had hoped for more. Could be that TO just isn't for me. But .8 is .8!!!!! I didn't exercise yesterday as I woke up with a very stiff shoulder. I get stiff necks and shoulders a lot. Am wondering if its being on the computer so much or my bed? At least this time its not in my neck also.

I would still like to know where you are finding the new atavars? Is it a website you are going to?

I'll check in with you all later...
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #395  
Kate

do any of you tell your counsellor that you are doing luna bars? i told one of them (i dont like her lol) that i was going to do them instead of the lites because they are cheaper and she said i shouldnt do them because they werent high enough in soy protein. i dont want to be put on another plan...its enough food on this one as it is! Lites are toooo expensive for me!

Ruby....loving the starbucks stories! keep them coming! good luck! i hate the waiting game and stuff like this!
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #396  

Julie: Have a great vacation!

WAgal: A girl after my own heart. I have the new Prevention magazine but haven't had time to read it yet. I'll keep an eye out for the Jolly Time popecorn. Kettle Corn made with Splenda - can't wait to try it (at some point). I've had the Mrs Dash marinade, and the Southwestern Chipotle is my favorite.

Rubyshoes: Ask the guy out already! Geesh, the suspense is killing me. LOL! Sometimes the game is more exciting then the catch. Hope everything works out in your favor, and it's in this lifetime. Grab him before someone else does! You go girl, you can do it! I was going to recommend picturing him in his underware (like they tell you to do when your giving a meeting presentation), but if you think your tongue was tied before, I don't think you would be able to place an order for your favorite drink!

Mandy: Glad your doing well on stabilization. I'm still hoping to get there (to goal) in this lifetime!

MetalChic: How is your stabilization going?

Star: I've been doing well this week as far as POP. Only thing that I ate off program so far as a Light Yogurt. For some reason I was hungry last night and it was the best I could do.

Karen: I love your Avatar. Where do you ladies get all the cute drawings?

Mitchy: Hi girl, how have you been?

Welcome Stacey, EwuWho (cute screen name), and Marbear!

I'm having an H2O cocktail, anyone else what one? Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #397  

Default Attn: STAR

How do you like my new avatar?
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #398  

Height: 5' 4"

I started maintenance this week..... I did level out and I haven't gained any so I guess everything is all good. Some days I don't get everything in though. I have also used my new dessert selections sparingly.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #399  

Default Awesome...

Regina - Regina - Bobina - Banana Fana Fofina - Regina.....

I LOVE your new Avatar - is it for sale My inner child wants it

Hi all other chicks - after I get this under control I will post more.

Last edited by Star; 07-15-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #400  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sy, I feel the same way you do about Ruby, the suspense is killing me. Did anyone see Hooking Up last night? I liked it.

I did not get up and walk this a.m. I for some reason woke up last night at 3:01, was just wide awake. I never wake up during the night unless i'm ill, and i felt fine. So i read for awhile and fell asleep again but it messed up my sleep and i just couldn't do it. I'll try tonight after it cools down. It's scorching here in the Midwest and the humidity is awful.

Going to WI after work tonight, hoping to make my weekly goal. And thanks for the reminder, Sy, to have my H2O cocktail, working on it now!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #401  

Star, I posted it there so you could snag it and use it for your own. I'll change it back as soon as you tell me you have it.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #402  

Good morning! Went on the treadmill and rowing machine for 40 minutes and then did weights this morning. Now I need my coffee!

Thanks for all the input about popcorn. The Smart Pop mini bags say they have 180 mg of sodium (8 percent of daily value) so that could be the reason they don't want us to have it. But sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do! I was only down .2 yesterday at WI so maybe I should hold off on it until next week.

Have a good day!

Stacey
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #403  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Whoo hoo...I just sold a My Little Pony I bought for a quarter for $45.00. Whooo-hoooo!

WOW !!!! Congratulations !!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #404  

Default ...

ATTN: Regina

for the cool gift - I love it.......
Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #405  

An added note . . . unfortunately, I just found a coupon for two for one frozen blend drinks at Krispy Kreme! Shred, shred, shred!
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote