Old 07-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

RUBY

need the CG fix!!!! Any good updates??
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #363  
266.7/186.8/145

GENERAL DISCLAIMER - way too freaking long post to follow!

Good morning chickies!!

Star - I cross stitch when I have time, I know it is hard to see me as relaxed, but that really does do the trick. I also enjoy finishing a project, although that rarely seems to happen

Fiona - The vision of you laughing isn't what cracks me up, it is that icon of the guy smashing his head on his desk. Gets me everytime! And thanks for reading me at The Noyse! As for your packing story that made me laugh just as hard - I swear it took me longer to move 3 blocks than it did for me to move 2000 miles! Good luck on your mailer by the way.

Welcome Di - I haven't made it to the Gold Plan yet, but I am within the range, you might have to be giving me some tips girl!

Buttons - aren't all men truly a CG in some form or another?

Julie - I am down again, which I will post about in a few....so tag, you're it And you aren't a screw up, you just want to take the scenic route, like me You still have to let me know if you are going to be anywhere close to the Seattle area so I can see if I can make it, although it seems that most of the WA ladies live down south. As for the tshirt, that one is great, but I found a website where I can have whatever I want screenprinted...I may be in big trouble now.

Mary - you are doing the right thing, living healthier for you...and who wants to say they got their engagement ring off of ebay? cheapskate anyways About the .5, don't sweat it...or actually do sweat it because then before you know it, it will be gone There will be ups and downs throughout the entire journey, the best part is that the downs will completely outweigh the ups, and that is what we are all going for.

Rusty - Welcome back! Missed ya, and I haven't been able to try out your line yet!

Maureen - I need to increase my exercise, the loose skin has been one of my biggest fears about this process. So far it seems alright, but I am stil a sz 16. I always get weirded out about what it will be like when I hit a sz 10-ish.

Karen - I don't know if he lost my number, but I can't really speak for him. But I will update the GSBH at the end of this post...another novel. And thanks so much for going to give my editorial a read, even without the comment, it still shows support! How goes things in your world?

Debi - congrats on the smaller size, doesn't it just make your entire week? Thanks for both the read, and leaving me feedback, every single show of support gets me closer to my goals, so I can't thank you enough. As for the GSBH updates, maybe someday I will work it out for publication

Irish - Get well soon!

Hey to solocat, Sy and auditgirl - don't be lurkers, join the party ladies

Mitchypoo - any more dates with the new guy? Inquiring minds want to know! And I know that I have said this before, but I am a broken record anyway - but TO never works for me. I just don't think my body is kosher with the starving phase. Glad you are feeling better tho!

Hello to Norissa, Jane and Regina....regina, you have to teach me how to 'finish' my cross stitching projects, I have no trouble starting them

Welcome to all newbies, and I am sorry if I missed anyone

I have fallen horribly short of my journaling details for the weekend, but am still OP. Down .8, but I will take it. Not sure my July goals were realistic as far as actual lbs, but I am going to keep plugging away at em You know I already changed my tickers though....heh!

I know how anxious you all are for the General Starbucks Hour , so without further ado...

When we last left off, I was still sitting on my *** waiting for the man of the hour to do all the work, absolutely sure that he would. Yeah right, when was the last time you met a man that was willing to do all the work?

Arduously waiting for the phone to ring on Monday, the time slowly crept by. And crept. Then crept some more. Started to crawl for a bit, then went back to creeping. No phone call, not working either. But WAIT - Tuesday was right around the corner, hope springs eternal.

Tuesday went by slower than Monday.

Right about now, you might be sitting there thinking why the **** this guy hasn't called yet. ME TOO! Wait - you're not? Neither was my friend Mike when I tried explaining what a jackass this guy is for not phoning after getting the number.

"Ruby, what have you done to show this guy that you are interested?" This having been said with a hint of judgment.

"What do you mean? I gave him my number." A little defensively.

"After HE asked you for it." Much more judgmental.

"But he DID ask for it!" Much more defensive.

"So when he flirts with you and says outrageous things, how do you respond?" Pointed look.

"Other than turning red and laughing nervously?" All right, so at this point, I turn a little meek.

"Yeah, other than that." I honestly think he rolled his eyes at me - schmuck.

"Smile?"

I could go on with this conversation, but to be honest, it doesn't make me look real good, and who wants to keep up with a story that makes them look bad? Bottom line, I have been informed guy-style that by not showing interest, I am gaining a negative chain reaction. Which is a lot of hooey for calling me a chicken. CG won't be calling unless I come out of the closet, so to speak. I can't be going down like THAT.

So after heavy deliberation about my level of stupidity, I went in armed with the knowledge that if I didn't move forward, I would essentially be moving backwards. Go figure.

Walking outside I see that he is sitting at a table without his apron on, with a group of friends. DENIED. Come on, even the most confident of you would balk at that, and so did I. I chalked it up to bad timing and decided to get in some work on a new piece for THE NOYSE ( - sorry, couldn't help myself there) .

As I walk out past his table he stops me to read my shirt (I Like Italian Boys), gives me a look and says, "I've seen that one before - didn't I have a comment about that?" "You always have a comment about my shirts, just never a follow up." I felt pretty good about that one, although I knew it wouldn't get me where I needed to be. But as I said, I wasn't having this conversation in front of his friends, so I went to work (Very productive piece, I will let you guys know if it gets picked up). After about 10 minutes, him and his friends get up and leave - chalk this up to another uneventful update - or do you?

I go in to get a refill on my iced tea, and who is back in apron? He was only on break! He then decided to give me the good news. Seems he just got off the phone with his mother, and it turns out he's a quarter Italian! I started laughing uncontrollably - I couldn't help myself. I tired to explain that I couldn't find a shirt that said how much I liked half-jewish boys, but he said it wasn't necessary seeing he was in the process of converting to Italian

The rest of the time went by in a blur since they were busy and I was a writing machine. What can I say; an ego boost helps the process. As closing time approached, the pressure to complete my task was bearing down upon me, as do most closing time pressures *wink wink nudge nudge*. How does one ensure success without personal risk? Answer - you don't. Without great risk great reward does not exists. Unless you're a lottery winner. *mumble under breath about lucky SOB's* You simply cannot win if you don't play.

So ends another chapter in the General Starbucks Hour, where I didn't play. Tune in next time, where I might surprise you....then again I could chicken out worse than I have before
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Ruby girl,
you make me smile...Love the 1/2 jewish line.. when you two finally get together, it is going to be a riot...
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #365  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ruby..I just love these stories...Keep them coming..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #366  

YAY! Ruby!

You are getting bolder, girl! I thought for sure by the end of the tale you would have asked him why he hasn't called!

Or, you could just write out your number on another napkin, hand it to him and say, "Here, it seems like you lost this."
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #367  

Default .

Ruby - On being down (weight)

for the Java Boy update
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #368  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Well, he is a horse's patooty (sorry, but he is) for not just friggin askin you out! He's soooo interested, you can tell. Maybe he's feeling the way you are? Maybe he's afraid to make that leap? But geez, ask her would ya and put me out of my misery!!!

My guy who i spent Sunday with at church, and then lunch and then the movies....well, he removed his interest online, i noticed that today. He has continued to call but i think i know what happened. There is this awful a.m. dj here in the Twin Cities and i just think he's evil and we got to talking about music and radio interests and it came up that he likes him, and i'm sure i was unable to hide my appalled look, and i told him i thought he was the devil, that i couldn't stand him. We laughed about it. He started saying how he's funny, he thinks the same politically, he's #1 in the twin cities....blah blah blah. I kidded him and said, well we obviously aren't radio compatible. But it bugged me later b/c if he thinks this guy is so funny and he's really mean-spirited IMHO, well, i'm not sure i like his humor. I told him about my morning program, that he should try it, but whatever. And the fact that he did that online but didn't say anything to me, well that shows character and i don't like his.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #369  
One meal at a time!

Ruby....Regina has a great idea there....
Old 07-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #370  
One meal at a time!

Michelle,
What does that mean that he removed his interest online...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #371  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I met him online on one of those personal sites and he showed interest in my profile, it just lets you know by email that someone is interested and then i guess he took off his interest...which i just did too.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #372  
One meal at a time!

Michelle...Thanks for clearing that up, and GOOD FOR YOU...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #373  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

I love the dating stories. Keep them coming. "Remove interest online" I learn something new every day.

di
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #374  
266.7/186.8/145

Debi - the first time I wore the tshirt he gave me an overexaggerated frown and said "What about me? I'm half-jewish, does that count?" I am seriously contemplating having one screenprinted just for the heck of it. But is $30 worth the price of admission? heh

Rusty - if only I could sway in there and holler out "honey, I'm hoooome!"

Regina - I swear I am socially ******ed around this guy. I am hoping that I might have a better update tomorrow, if I somehow find my voicebox in the interim. If he is working, that is. But I must say, that is an excellent suggestion. At least you guys all have more faith in me than Mike at this point...lol

Star - thanks, every little bit counts! By saturday, maybe will be able to officially say I have lost 75!

Mitchypoo - you and me both sistah! But then I would have to remain on 'chicken status' if I don't bulk up and own some of it. Too bad this weren't taking place in a bar vs. a coffee shop. The only liquid courage available might prove to be more damaging, considering most of it is caffeinated As for the guy, I used to go on Lavalife, and I hated when guys did that. I will trade war stories with you sometime about my internet dating experiences, too bad you didn't live closer, we could go and have coffee *insert drooling here*

Di - thanks, hopefully I will have another update soon, depending upon CG's work schedule and my willingness to humilate myself
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 PM   #375  

Hi there! I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join in. I've lost 18 lbs in 9 weeks on LAWL (no lites).

Does anyone here ever eat popcorn? The counsellor told me it was absolutely not allowed unless it was one of their snacks. I've become so jaded about their sales pitches that I find anything they say hard to swallow. The mini Smart Pop bags only have 120 calories which seems pretty low to me but is there some other reason (besides sales) that they don't want us to eat it?

Also, I'm breastfeeding and so not allowed to do TO. I'm just curious, how much of the proteins and veggies are you allowed to eat while on it?

Thanks for the help!

Stacey
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote